PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Ada the Mental
27-06-07, 12:00
Yep. she's such a *****!:D
And, BTW, it's nice to see Neville get a bit of backbone in the movies.

Off to watch the rest of the clips now!:jmp:
(I've completely spoiled myself about this movie...)

Rivendell
27-06-07, 12:02
Tis indeed good to see :tmb:

Anyone know if Harry's little chase / flid against Bella is in the film? Where he chases her and attempts to Cruciatus' her?

I hope they haven't taken that out :(

Ada the Mental
27-06-07, 12:12
I've heard it's in, byt it's very brief, because apparently the whole MoM fight has been cut down a lot.:(

Hey, I've just watched the Advance Guard clip.
Lupin's not there.That's just stupid.He was supposed to be there because he was the only one Harry knew and trusted (Moody doesn't really count).
Can you imagine that:

Tonks:Wotcher Harry!We've come to take you away! It doesn't matter that only one among us you know turned out to be a Death Eater in disguise last year,you've got to trust us!
Harry: Mmm...Ok!
:vlol:

Rivendell
27-06-07, 12:14
:vlol: Oh dear!

I'm not watching any more clips til the film now, I can't wait to see it!

Just saw this on wiki!
An article by MTV about bonus scenes in films shown at the end of the credits mentioned one such bonus scene at the end of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) in which Gilderoy Lockhart, played by Kenneth Branagh, is seen promoting his new book in Diagon Alley. Earlier in the film, Lockhart performed a charm which made him lose his memory. The article notes that the scene will "**** off die-hard fans of the book" because "it's noncanonical," adding that Lockhart "makes a poignant and surprise reappearance in Order of the Phoenix[,] still without his memory." It was unclear whether this was a reference only to the book version of Order of the Phoenix, where Harry, Ron and Hermione encounter Lockhart, mentally insane, at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, or news that Branagh would make an appearance in the film version as well.[105] At the U.S. premiere of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005), series producer David Heyman said that Lockhart was in the first draft of the script, but there has been no announcement since whether he was retained through revisions or if Branagh would return.

I forgot about the 'after credits' bit of HP2, I would't mind seeing another one :D

findme
27-06-07, 13:19
I think Emma's wonderful! She's really hot, too. I loved the picture, in GoF, when she came down the stairs in her dress. :yah: *drools*

She's so beautiful! :gki:

Oh no,m I have no problems with her looks, shes hot as hell.

Her acting annoys me to death. She acts overly dramatic most of the time when it's not nessecary.
I mean back in the PoA film, just watching the scene with the dementor on the train, Emma Watson just randomly says "Ouch Ron that's my foot" in such a weird way.

Anyways, Helena Bonham Carter is amamamamazing!

Titanium
28-06-07, 21:38
Just had to post this. :)

aeYOdgwByLc

This is brilliant. :D

Rivendell
28-06-07, 21:39
:vlol: LMAO!

Hyper_Crazy
28-06-07, 21:41
:vlol: ROFLMFAO!

Wonderful.

AmericanAssassin
28-06-07, 23:24
Oh my GOD!!!

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_xevidmegafx&Itemid=139&func=detail&id=953

Oh. My. God. That was ****ing amazing! Lucuis is as creepy as ever and Bellatrix is AWESOME!!! :jmp:

Geck-o-Lizard
28-06-07, 23:40
They keep making the evil characters so much more awsome than the good ones. That's not a complaint, just an observation. :D

aeYOdgwByLc

Omg. :vlol: :vlol:

xMiSsCrOfTx
29-06-07, 00:00
Her acting annoys me to death. She acts overly dramatic most of the time when it's not nessecary.

That's kinda how Hermione's character is though.

Shark_Blade
29-06-07, 01:30
Lol Titanium. I really like that Dumbledore. :/Michael Gambon plays Dumbledore like a mad man (remind me of Goblet of Fire)

Mytly
29-06-07, 06:04

aeYOdgwByLc

This is brilliant. :D
:vlol:
Harry in an especially loving mood ... wonder what he's like when he is filled with hate? :whi:

Ada the Mental
29-06-07, 13:30
:vlol: @ the video Titanium!
Harry is such a sweet-tempered, lovely little boy!:D
*cough*CAPSLOCKS!*cough*

AmericanAssassin
30-06-07, 17:32
Oh. My. God. I can hardly wait anymore! The book is coming so soon!!! :jmp:

Ada the Mental
30-06-07, 18:52
Hey!Check this quiz:Your Harry Potter alter ego (http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=2338)
It's fun!:D
I got this:
You scored as Harry Potter, You can be a little reckless and hot-headed at times, but a more brave and courageous friend would be hard to find.

Harry Potter 90%
Remus Lupin 80%
Sirius Black 70%
Severus Snape 70%
Draco Malfoy 70%
Ginny Weasley 65%
Albus Dumbledore 55%
Ron Weasley 45%
Hermione Granger 40%
Lord Voldemort 0%
That's a change. I usually get Lupin or Snape in these tests.

Rivendell
30-06-07, 19:09
Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
You scored as a Hermione Granger
You're one intelligent witch, but you have a hard time believing it and require constant reassurance. You are a very supportive friend who would do anything and everything to help her friends out.

Hermione Granger 70%
Albus Dumbledore 65%
Ron Weasley 60%
Severus Snape 60%
Remus Lupin 55%
Sirius Black 50%
Ginny Weasley 50%
Lord Voldemort 50%
Draco Malfoy 50%
Harry Potter 40%

Oh.. fair enough!

Blackmoor
30-06-07, 19:12
You scored as a Harry Potter
You can be a little reckless and hot-headed at times, but a more brave and courageous friend would be hard to find.

Harry Potter 80%
Albus Dumbledore 75%
Hermione Granger 70%
Remus Lupin 65%
Sirius Black 60%
Ron Weasley 45%
Ginny Weasley 45%
Severus Snape 40%
Lord Voldemort 25%
Draco Malfoy 20%

Oops, I'm 45% Ron Weasley :eek: and 25% Voldemort... :mis:

Good quiz. :tmb:

Alive_and_Funky
30-06-07, 19:22
You scored as a Sirius Black

You are a gifted wizard and very loyal to your allegiance. Whilst you have a big heart and care very much about those around you, you can be a little arrogant and reckless at times.

Sirius Black 80%
Draco Malfoy 70%
Ginny Weasley 60%
Remus Lupin 60%
Albus Dumbledore 55%
Hermione Granger 55%
Ron Weasley 40%
Harry Potter 35%
Lord Voldemort 30%
Severus Snape 20%
:cool:

My sister got Snape. I expected her to get him. :D

L.C
30-06-07, 20:56
http://quizfarm.com/images/1106408127Snape.bmp

You scored as a Severus Snape

Well you're a tricky one aren't you? Nobody quite has you figured out and you'd probably prefer it stayed that way. That said you are a formidable force by anyone's reckoning, but there is certainly more to you than a frosty exterior and a bitter temper.

Severus Snape 85%

Hermione Granger 85%

Albus Dumbledore 80%

Draco Malfoy 65%

Remus Lupin 55%

Sirius Black 50%

Ginny Weasley 50%

Lord Voldemort 50%

Ron Weasley 50%

Harry Potter 40%

I would call that a perfect fit :cool:

Kerrigan
30-06-07, 21:40
You scored as a Severus Snape
Well you're a tricky one aren't you? Nobody quite has you figured out and you'd probably prefer it stayed that way. That said you are a formidable force by anyone's reckoning, but there is certainly more to you than a frosty exterior and a bitter temper.
Severus Snape 80%
Hermione Granger 75%
Ron Weasley 75%
Remus Lupin 75%
Ginny Weasley 70%
Albus Dumbledore70%
Sirius Black 60%
Draco Malfoy 55%
Harry Potter 55%
Lord Voldemort 15%

Interesting..I expected to score as Hermione, but she is on the second place.
Anyway, my results are pretty balanced overall.

Yuna´s Wish
30-06-07, 21:56
Well, physically I´m a Potter alike but:

You're one intelligent witch, but you have a hard time believing it and require constant reassurance. You are a very supportive friend who would do anything and everything to help her friends out.
Hermione Granger

95%
Albus Dumbledore

75%
Draco Malfoy

75%
Ginny Weasley

75%
Harry Potter

70%
Remus Lupin

70%
Ron Weasley

60%
Severus Snape

50%
Sirius Black

40%
Lord Voldemort

20%

Quasimodo
30-06-07, 22:32
I scored as Hermione...didn't expect that one :rolleyes:

Hermione Granger 75%

Ron Weasley 65%

Severus Snape 55%

Albus Dumbledore 55%

Remus Lupin 55%

Sirius Black 45%

Harry Potter 45%

Ginny Weasley 45%

Draco Malfoy 40%

Lord Voldemort 35%

Real Life Raider
01-07-07, 01:18
Changing the subject but still on topic......

I just booked my tickets to see OOTP next Saturday!

I'm starting to get short of breath! :D

(I'm excited about the film too!!) ;)

L.C
01-07-07, 08:58
I'm booking mine when they go on sale tonight at my local cinema :D

VonCroy360
01-07-07, 10:42
I'm Snape (80%)
I also got Hermione (80), Ginny (70), Draco (65), Sirus (60), Lupin (55), Dumbledore (55), Ron (50), Harry (45) and Voldemort (45).
:)

Rivendell
01-07-07, 11:26
Heyy welcome back VC360, it seems like you've been away for aaages!

I reckon I'm going to book my HP5 tickets later :jmp: I can't WAIT! :jmp:

cristina8992
01-07-07, 11:29

Hermione Granger 80%
Ginny Weasley 65%
Severus Snape 65%
Sirius Black 65%
Albus Dumbledore 60%
Ron Weasley 60%
Draco Malfoy 50%
Harry Potter 50%
Lord Voldemort 50%
Remus Lupin 50%

Cool!:D

Mytly
01-07-07, 12:14
You scored as a Severus Snape http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/Mytly/Smilies/snape.gif
Severus Snape 85%
Albus Dumbledore 70%
Hermione Granger 65%
Remus Lupin 65%
Ron Weasley 60%
Harry Potter 60%
Sirius Black 55%
Ginny Weasley 50%
Draco Malfoy 45%
Lord Voldemort 20%

Well, that was a bit unexpected ... I thought I would be Hermione for sure. ;)

Ada the Mental
01-07-07, 13:19
:vlol: @ the smily!^ It should also come with "I hate you Potter/Black/Lupin/Granger/Everyone" speech bubbles.

Did anyone check the Wizard of the month in JK's site?
It's Gryffindor ( I knew it!) and I couldn't help noticing that he has red hair and green eyes. Honestly,she can't have written something as cliche as Harry being a descendant of Gryffindor, can she?

VonCroy360
01-07-07, 14:12
I don't know if this was discussed here before, but I just thought of something from HBP: When Harry and Dumbledore are flying towards the castle and the dark mark, Dumbledore 'erases' (in the lack of better word) the magic that surrounds Hogwarts, but never gets the chance to create it again. If Hogwarts opens next year, what protection will it have?
Do you think McGonagall could be able to do it?

Rivendell
01-07-07, 14:29
Honestly,she can't have written something as cliche as Harry being a descendant of Gryffindor, can she?

I've been thinking that since HP2!
Voldy- heir of Slytherin
Harry- heir of Gryffindor

But.. she can't have done that, it's just too.. not cliche exactly, but a bit thought-of.

Kerrigan
01-07-07, 15:42
I've been thinking that since HP2!
Voldy- heir of Slytherin
Harry- heir of Gryffindor

But.. she can't have done that, it's just too.. not cliche exactly, but a bit thought-of.

I really hope she hasn't done that, it would be a terrible lack of creativity while she has plenty.

VonCroy360
01-07-07, 15:47
Btw, I don't know if this has been already posted, but on tuesday the uk Harry Potter site is going to stream "red carpet" live from the premiere in London.
:jmp:

Mytly
01-07-07, 21:35
:vlol: @ the smily!^ It should also come with "I hate you Potter/Black/Lupin/Granger/Everyone" speech bubbles.
That's not a bad idea ... maybe I'll make something like that! :D (I didn't make these, btw) Anyway, take a look at these: ;)
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/Mytly/Smilies/tom.gif http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/Mytly/Smilies/harrypotter.gif

About the Heir of Gryffindor thing ... I vaguely remember that there was such a rumour floating about before the release of OotP (the book, that is :p), but JKR denied it later. Not really sure though. :o
I hope Gryffindor has absolutely nothing to do with Harry, and has no role whatsoever in DH ... there's really no point in dragging up the founders, and the idea of the present conflict between Harry and Voldy being some sort of reflection of the conflict between their respective Great-great-great-however-many-times-grandfathers is really ridiculous. :rolleyes: Not to mention that Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin started out as best friends - hardly a reflection of Harry and Voldy's relationship. ;)

gtkilla
01-07-07, 21:56
Gosh!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/film/reviews/article_display.jsp?rid=9447

If they had kept the director from the last movie it probably would've been so much better! :( Let's hope that this reviewer is just retarded...

Real Life Raider
01-07-07, 22:40
I don't know if this was discussed here before, but I just thought of something from HBP: When Harry and Dumbledore are flying towards the castle and the dark mark, Dumbledore 'erases' (in the lack of better word) the magic that surrounds Hogwarts, but never gets the chance to create it again.

I think that as Harry And Dumbledore are flying, the charms that Dumbledore mutters lower the defences just to let them pass. The spells immediately come back into force once they are through the perimeter and in the castle precincts. This is why Snape, Draco and the Death Eaters have to run to the castle gates before they can flee magically.

Shark_Blade
02-07-07, 00:17
Gosh!

If they had kept the director from the last movie it probably would've been so much better! :( Let's hope that this reviewer is just retarded...
That review makes me feel down:( I hope he truly is a retard.

Dixie
02-07-07, 00:20
Gosh!

Well, it IS Hollywood Reporter after all...and it doesn't appear they know much about Harry Potter in general. HR has given good reviews to some pretty stupid movies in the past, so I think we're safe. Anyway, their review DOES, for the most part, state what happened in the book, which means they at least kept close to the storyline.

L.C
02-07-07, 08:21
:yah:

Got my tickets for the film last night! And who says Friday the 13th is unlucky?

:jmp:

Rivendell
02-07-07, 17:22
And who says Friday the 13th is unlucky?

The guy working in the cinema with his hot cup of coffee, standing over the machine that plays the film :mis: :ton:

I'm currently re-reading OotP, I'd forgotten how much I like it - currently up to the bit after they've all agreed to take part in Harry's lessons in the Hog's Head.

Quick question: The shifty characters in that pub- do we ever find out who they are? I know the barman is Dumble's brother, but wasn't there something about the witch shrouded in a black veil who shifts suspiciously every once in a while? :confused:

I'm sure there's something about her - remind me IF we find out, but don't tell me who it is if we do ;) I'm enjoying remembering bits I'd forgotten :D

Quasimodo
02-07-07, 17:28
The Hog's Head barman is Dumbledore's brother?! How'd you find that out?

Angel666
02-07-07, 17:28
Well, the bar smelled of goats and we all know that Aberforth has a history with goats and I think JKR said something about it in an interview. And I think that the guy all wrapped up in bandages was Mundungus, wasn't it?

Rivendell
02-07-07, 17:30
The Hog's Head barman is Dumbledore's brother?! How'd you find that out?

Something indecent about goats - that's all I remember :D

And now you say it 666, I think you're right. Rings a bell for sure!

Ada the Mental
02-07-07, 22:10
About the Heir of Gryffindor thing ... I vaguely remember that there was such a rumour floating about before the release of OotP (the book, that is :p), but JKR denied it later. Not really sure though. :o
Now that you say it, I think I remember something like that, too.
Another reason it'd be stupid would be because it goes against one of the basic principles of the series; blood doesn't matter.

Gosh!

Well, Hollywood Reporter's main problem with the movie seems to be the story and the "lack of magic". I suppose they expected more action and special effects or something more childish and less moody.

Well, the bar smelled of goats and we all know that Aberforth has a history with goats and I think JKR said something about it in an interview. And I think that the guy all wrapped up in bandages was Mundungus, wasn't it?
Well...Not exactly.
Don't highlight if you don't want to get spoiled>>> Mundungus was the witch in the veil and the one in the bandages was Willy Widdershins (or something like that) , who got away with jinxing some Muggle toilets by spitting to Umbridge everything about the meeting in the Hog's Head.

I've just finished re-reading OotP (for the 5th time!:o), too. It's definitely my favourite -so far. :D
:vlol: The only book I don't know by heart, by now, is HBP.

Dixie
02-07-07, 22:13
One of the people in the pub in Dung(I think he was the witch), and then there was the person that told Umbridge.

Rivendell
02-07-07, 22:15
I can't wait to reach HBP again - I still reckon it's my fave, even though I've not read it in over a year and a half.

It's just dark, brooding, gritty, really magical, goes into lots of detail about Voldy's past, finally starts addressing the tension between Hermione and Ron, and Harry starts to get more rebellious and ... darker even.. in testing some of the HBP's spells. The fight with Malfoy in the toilet is great - Sectumsempra - slashes, blood, screaming.. fear of murder, freaking out.. then there's the whole Cave part which I loved So much, and the final fights.

I can't wait for the film, I really can't :jmp:

Real Life Raider
02-07-07, 22:42
Interesting stuff here........ http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix.html

Ada the Mental
02-07-07, 22:48
HBP has really grown on me and there are bits of it I just love: Voldemort's past, the Horcruxes, Snape, the Cave and everything that happens afterwards, the Greyback storyline ( I hope he dies the most gruesome and painful way in DH - preferably caused by Remus)...

I have some issues with it, though. Too much Draco Malfoy (he's just boring, I hated all the Malfoy-obsession parts), the romance didn't really bother me but it felt too much at times, and I think it feels more like a prologue to DH rather than a satisfying stand-alone book. The first time I read it I felt that something was missing.

Shark_Blade
03-07-07, 04:17
It's not released yet here until 11th July :o Come on...

gtkilla
03-07-07, 04:42
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/film_reviews/article2000948.ece

3/5's not that bad...at least it's better than the last review.

Mytly
03-07-07, 07:09
Something indecent about goats - that's all I remember :D
To quote Albus:
My own brother, Aberforth,was prosecuted for practicing inappropriate charms on a goat
Poor Aberforth - I wonder what he actually did? And I do hope we get to find out in DH. ;)

Another reason it'd be stupid would be because it goes against one of the basic principles of the series; blood doesn't matter.
True. But then again, even though that's one of the *official* themes of the series, you might notice that almost every important character is defined in terms of his/her relation to his/her family or to a particular family member. For example, how many times in the series have we heard that Harry is just like his father? And how many times are the Weasleys treated as if they were just one unit with nine parts, rather than nine separate individuals? Sirius too is defined by his family - in his case, by not being like the rest of the Blacks. As for the Gaunts ... well, isn't dear Tommy boy just a chip off the old block - that is, just as bigoted as his grandfather and uncle? And for heaven's sake, Harry was saved by his mother's sacrifice - by *blood* magic!
So however much the characters may go on about individual choices and the rest of it, the fact remains that in the actual working of the story, a character's family is far more likely to determine his destiny. It's a mixed message, to say the least, if not blatantly self-contradictory. :rolleyes:

]{eith
03-07-07, 11:23
I'm looking forward to the next film, I've been enjoying them so far, Azkaban being my favourite. Dementors freak me out so much. :vlol:

And of course, I'm looking forward to the upcoming book. When is that released? :hug:

VonCroy360
03-07-07, 11:24
{eith;1938216']
And of course, I'm looking forward to the upcoming book. When is that released? :hug:

July 21st. :)

]{eith
03-07-07, 11:30
July 21st. :)

Ah thank you! That should leave just enough time to re-read the last one to refresh my memory.

Lara'sLover
03-07-07, 14:22
I have a question about book 6, what's a confundus charm? I forgot lol

Rivendell
03-07-07, 16:03
^ Something to do with confusing the victim I guess :confused:

Anyone else going to watch the live premiere on the HP site? :jmp: It should start any minute!

Jack Croft
03-07-07, 16:05
The upcomong move isnt beong rated that good.

I might read the new book as i read all the rest i just want him to be killed off, how long does it take JK? ;)

Rivendell
03-07-07, 16:07
I believe it'll be the most complained about film in the series - look at the size of it.

HP1 was around 1/5th the size of it, and they put that into 2.5 hours, now they're trying to cram HP5 into the same time frame? Think of the amount they've had to cut out! :eek:

About something I said the other day - I think Harry will Crucio Bella', as he does in the game :D

Ada the Mental
03-07-07, 16:08
Anyone else going to watch the live premiere on the HP site? :jmp: It should start any minute!

Watching it right now!:jmp:

Rivendell
03-07-07, 16:12
It's not sodding working for me! :(

Edit: Now it is :D

Ada the Mental
03-07-07, 16:17
Glad it's working.;)

OMG!Is that Mat Lewis?:confused:

Anyway, from what I've heard (from those lucky people who've been to the screenings) if you don't go nitpicking every single detail from the book the movie it's quite good.

Rivendell
03-07-07, 16:20
^ Yeah true, sort of used to doing that since seeing PoA :D

Gawd, how many people are chanting Ron Ron Ron Ron Ron!? :vlol:

Rivendell
03-07-07, 17:10
I stopped watching it after JK had spoken to Edith Bowman, it was only her interview I wanted to see really.

I can't WAIT to see Umbridge, I just have a feeling Imelda Staunton is going to play her perfectly :tmb: After re-reading most of OotP I'd forgotten how much of an utter ***** that woman is, and to see her portrayed by her (though I always imagined Myriam Margoyles) will be fantastic :D

*Needs to buy tickets*

Ada the Mental
03-07-07, 17:27
I'm still watching it...Mainly because I've nothing else to do right now...

I'm so angry at the moment. I've just realised that the movie is not out in Greece before August 23! Apart from the fact that I can't wait this completely messes up my holiday plans.:hea:

VonCroy360
03-07-07, 17:46
Did that JK just said DH was her favourite?
Anyway, the movie arrives here on the 19th, so I'm going to see it on the 20th and right after it, I'll stand in line for my copy of DH (already pre-ordered ofcourse).

peffect
03-07-07, 17:50
Spoiler! My friend told me someone read the end of the 7th Book and Hermione will die trying to protect Ron!

Please tell me this is not true! :(

Hyper_Crazy
03-07-07, 17:52
I wouldn't know, I haven't read the book yet.

Rivendell
03-07-07, 17:56
I'm So not highlighting that, but:

If it's to do with the death of any character(s) then all rumors are JUST rumors. Nothing has been confirmed or denied, so nobody knows :D

peffect
03-07-07, 18:00
But this guy is pretending he managed to hack the book and read its end!

Ada the Mental
03-07-07, 18:04
If it's the "ending" that Gabriel guy put up online it's rubbish.

Dixie
03-07-07, 21:22
Only a handfull of people have read book 7: JKR herself, her publishers, and, I believe, Jo's husband.

BTW- How did he say he 'hacked it'?

findme
03-07-07, 22:47
The live cast was okay, the premiere was a lot less messy than last years. This one was more organized, getting out of the car - autographs - photos - entry.
Last year it was getting out of the car - photos - autographs - photos- autogrpahs - photos - entry...etc

Nice to see Emma's new hair =]

Anyways I'm not sure about that spoiler, I haven't read the book yet(Don't think anyone has).
BUT the other day I was downloading the entire series of the HP books as ebook versions to look back on some stuff of PoA since my sister borrowed my book, the RAR file came with Deathly Hollows, I took a peek at it. I'm not sure if I should read it or not since I don't know if it's fake.

But the first chapter title in the DH ebook is
(Possible)Spoiler: Secrets Unrevieled

^ Not sure about it though. Can anyone confirm this? If it is real, then well...good. I may or may not read it. Since I have my book preordered already. And besides I can't risk myself scrolling to the bottom of the ebook and ruin the whole ending for myself

Blackmoor
03-07-07, 23:06
^^ Don't know if that's the real 1st chapter heading or not, but it's a good one though!! Definitely has me intrigued. :D

Oh god. I can't CAN'T CAN'T wait for this book!!!

Even though the OotP film is out, I'm just waiting for the book...

Anyway I'm waiting a bit till the crowds die down a bit before I see OotP. Really looking forward to seeing "hem hem" though.

Dixie
03-07-07, 23:32
No one on here could confirm that. And anyone that can won't, because they aren't allowed to. It certainly doesn't sound very much like a chapter title, but then again, I found a comment post on mugglenet with the chapter titles for HBP before it came out(the real ones), and I didn't believe they were real. I mean, come on..."Elf Tails", "The White Tomb"....

Where did you download it?

AmericanAssassin
04-07-07, 03:18
^^ Don't know if that's the real 1st chapter heading or not, but it's a good one though!! Definitely has me intrigued. :D

Oh god. I can't CAN'T CAN'T wait for this book!!!

Even though the OotP film is out, I'm just waiting for the book...

Anyway I'm waiting a bit till the crowds die down a bit before I see OotP. Really looking forward to seeing "hem hem" though.

Lol... you're getting me really excited for the book! :jmp:

And, this video makes me soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo EXCITED! :D :jmp: :D :jmp: :D

_NkKymsbpU0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NkKymsbpU0

I love Umbridge!!! :jmp:

Mytly
04-07-07, 10:45
But the first chapter title in the DH ebook is
(Possible)Spoiler: Secrets Unrevieled

^ Not sure about it though. Can anyone confirm this? If it is real, then well...good. I may or may not read it. Since I have my book preordered already. And besides I can't risk myself scrolling to the bottom of the ebook and ruin the whole ending for myself
Relax, that's probably a fanfiction called the "The Seventh Horcrux (http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/3517/)" - the first chapter is called "Secrets Unravelled". It's definitely not Deathly Hallows, though I have heard a lot of people claiming that it is. A friend of mine was firmly convinced that it was DH - she got it in the mail from another friend who claimed to know someone who had "hacked the book". :rolleyes: She tried to get me to read it, and out of curiosity, I took a peek at the first few lines - turns out, it was this fanfic, which I had finished reading just a few days ago. :D (Shark Blade posted a link to it on this thread a while ago.)
If you like fanfiction, I strongly recommend reading it - it's very well-written, except for some very over-the-top Harry/Ginny romantic bits. :wve:

Rivendell
04-07-07, 11:23
Cool clip AA! :D Her little laugh is perfect :tmb:

findme
04-07-07, 12:44
Relax, that's probably a fanfiction called the "The Seventh Horcrux (http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/3517/)" - the first chapter is called "Secrets Unravelled". It's definitely not Deathly Hallows, though I have heard a lot of people claiming that it is. A friend of mine was firmly convinced that it was DH - she got it in the mail from another friend who claimed to know someone who had "hacked the book". :rolleyes: She tried to get me to read it, and out of curiosity, I took a peek at the first few lines - turns out, it was this fanfic, which I had finished reading just a few days ago. :D (Shark Blade posted a link to it on this thread a while ago.)
If you like fanfiction, I strongly recommend reading it - it's very well-written, except for some very over-the-top Harry/Ginny romantic bits. :wve:

Thank good god! I thought that JK wouldn't put Ginny into the first page so that's why I've been highly suspicious of it. And I can't wait for the book!
And it's effort reading that XD I'll just read the actual book.

^^^And Ellen didn't dance for once! Thank god.
OMG Trelawny is soo funny with her biting that fork XD
Umbridge is as b***y as she is as i imagined her to be. =]

Dixie
04-07-07, 20:38
^^Wow...that was quite an interesting read. I only skimmed it, but it's really well-thought out. I wonder if Dudley really is the one who "manages to do magic quite late in life." It's a great theory, anyway. Though not such much the thing with Petunia making a deal with Dumbledore.

Of course those 'fine' people at MuggleNet would squash this theory in a second. Did anyone read their book, "What Will Happen In Harry Potter 7"? It was a waste of $14. Sure, it had some interesting bits in it, but they are very biased in what they present as a "comparative" book. For example, they discussed the theory(or THEIR theory) that Harry is a Horcrux. When they argued FOR the theory, they filled it with seemingly practical facts. But when they argued AGAINST the theory, it looked like it was written by a 9-year-old with no solid arguement at all. Bits of the book were quite interesting though. For example, they say that Wormtail must have been there on the night Harry was attacked(How else would Wormtail have Voldy's wand?). Overall, this book shows how big-headed MuggleNet has become(you just have to read the intro for that). I wouldn't really suggest it, unless you're bored and have nothing to do untill DH comes out(16 days!)

Bowie
04-07-07, 20:56
_NkKymsbpU0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NkKymsbpU0
The music is absolutely awful in that. It is such a shame John Williams has left the series. His music was the heart and soul of the film adaptations. :(

Ada the Mental
04-07-07, 21:08
Relax, that's probably a fanfiction called the "The Seventh Horcrux (http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/3517/)" - the first chapter is called "Secrets Unravelled".
I'm tempted to read it but I also want to finish re-reading HBP before DH is out.
But then again I could always read them at the same time. :D

And talking about fanfiction...
I read this two fanfics last month, Shifts (http://www.sugarquill.net/read.php?storyid=2339&chapno=1), and its sequel, Shades (http://www.sugarquill.net/read.php?storyid=2681&chapno=1),
(which are OotP and HBP from Lupin's and Tonks's PoV respectively) and they're pretty good, actually.I highly recommend them.

BTW, Imelda Staunton rocks as The Toad!

Rivendell
05-07-07, 08:53
Agh! I just had a horrible dream! :eek:

I was watching OotP, and right at the end during the big fight - someone sort of picked up and threw Bellatrix through the veil. Then we saw what goes on behind there - these glowing balls of light with strandy-tentacly things dangling from them, drag them upwards through this misty stuff where the spirits of the dead basically rip the flesh off the person.
But- that didn't happen to Bella, one of the 'jellyfish' (they looked like them) grabbed her, and whispered into her ear something about why she shouldn't be here, then pushed her back out of the veil.
Of course, everyone was really surprised, but then she decided she'd rather go through the veil - so she forced her way past the jellyfish (who weren't keen on her being there to say the least) and eventually popped out through some wormhole where she started to swim across a swimming pool and climbed out - presumably in the muggle world - next to Seamus Finnigan.

The End.

Needless to say I was distraught, expecting everything from the book to happen, and instead getting that shocker!

*So glad I'm awake*
:D

L.C
05-07-07, 09:12
^^^ :vlol:

peffect
05-07-07, 09:16
Glad I'm not the only one to have weird dreams, Riv! :D

I'm going to watch the movie July, 12 th!!! :jmp:

LegenDarY
05-07-07, 14:52
13 minute first look video @ mugglenet!!

http://mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1045

I'm watching it right now.. tons of new footage!

Rivendell
05-07-07, 14:59
I watched the first couple of minutes before, then tore myself away from the screen- it's way too spoilerific!!

LegenDarY
05-07-07, 15:07
I watched the first couple of minutes before, then tore myself away from the screen- it's way too spoilerific!!

You really think so? I've just watched the entire thing and I don't feel like anything has been spoiled. Just some parts about the last fighting scene, but those we're predictable.

It appears that at one point Harry is casting a spell without saying anything. I might be mistaken, but Harry isn't able to do that in OoTP is he? If I remember correctly they're being taught how to cast spells without saying them in their 6th year and I don't even know for sure if Harry is able to do it by the end of the book.

Dixie
05-07-07, 15:10
I've been having dreams that I'm living in the OotP game, but with a mixed Book 6 and Book 7 storyline. Even though I haven't read book 7 yet...but I somehow knew that it was the plot...but now I can't even remember what the plot was. In my most recent one though(last night), it was raining...

Hyper_Crazy
05-07-07, 19:08
Great clip you posted there AA.

I can't wait for the OotP, I even started reading the book again. x]

Rivendell
05-07-07, 19:53
LOL at Scholastic's new HP question:

What are the Deathly Hallows? Readers can answer:

1) We'll find out right away.
2) We'll find out in the middle.
3) We'll find out at the end.

I pick option:

4) We already know.

:tmb:

peffect
05-07-07, 20:07
That's right, Riv! :D

But if was a limited HP fan, I'd say 2) We'll find out in the middle! XD

Dixie
05-07-07, 21:09
LOL at Scholastic's new HP question:

I pick option:

4) We already know.

So...you already know?......are you refering to the theory that the deathly hallows are the horcruxs?

Rivendell
05-07-07, 21:22
^ Yep. I think they have to be really!

Just by the interpretation that Deathly = connected to death, Hallows = something sacred and revered/treasured highly.

From that, Horcruxes (Horcruxi?) is the only thing I can think of. JK said HP6 was really the 'first part' of the last book, and we've just been introduced to the Horcruxes, and we know Harry has to find the rest before taking on the Big V. :tmb:

AmericanAssassin
05-07-07, 22:46
The HBO Sneak Peak of the fifth movie won't work for me... :(

EDIT: Nevermind that. I found it on YouTube.

Anyway, I'm off to go re-read the fifth and sixth books! ;)

Rivendell
06-07-07, 16:38
Those in the UK, check out Jonathan Ross tonight - JK is on it!

An interview with JK Rowling is set to appear on the Jonathan Ross show which begins tonight at 10:35 on BBC One. The Telegraph has posted a preview of this interview (which was recorded yesterday), where they quote her as saying:

"Finishing the book is a relief. I can't think of anyone who could know how I felt. Actually finishing it was the most remarkable feeling I've ever had... [I felt] euphoria, devastated, when I finished one chapter near the end I absolutely howled, it had been planned for so long.

"I was in a hotel room on my own, sobbing my heart out. I downed half a bottle of champagne in one and went home with mascara all over my face. It was really tough."

We'll have a video of this interview online shortly after it airs, so stay tuned to MuggleNet tonight!

:( Gah, this sounds quite horrible! Maybe she really has killed Harry!

I know, I know - I've said I'd like it to happen, but to be honest I'm not expecting it to happen at all. Perhaps that's why it'd be a good end!

Angel666
06-07-07, 19:48
I just think Harry Potter has become a huge part of her life. When you do something for years then you finally finish it's like, "okay, what do I do now?" Or maybe she did kill him off, I don't know. :ton:

L.C
06-07-07, 20:40
I just think Harry Potter has become a huge part of her life. When you do something for years then you finally finish it's like, "okay, what do I do now?" Or maybe she did kill him off, I don't know. :ton:Just as long as she doesn't get hobbled by some demented fan that can't accept the end of a series like James Caan's character did in Misery :yik:

Ada the Mental
06-07-07, 20:51
Doesn't really mean she killed him off. Besides, I don't think that only Harry's death would cause such a reaction, with so many characters.

Anyway, even if Harry does survive it wouldn't be an overly happy ending. I can't see Harry getting out of the war without being terribly traumatised or something like that. Especially if Ron or Hermione dies

And just as Angel said HP has been a huge part of her life for all these years. Naturally she'd feel pretty bad about that...Maybe she will consider a sequel/prequel...
Yeah,keep dreaming!^

ThomasCroft
06-07-07, 20:51
Just as long as she doesn't get hobbled by some demented fan that can't accept the end of a series like James Caan's character did in Misery :yik:

OMG that was so scary I read that book!!
And watched the film!!

*Shudders*

Rivendell
06-07-07, 20:59
And just as Angel said HP has been a huge part of her life for all these years. Naturally she'd feel pretty bad about that..[/SIZE]

Aye indeed, but I'm more suspicious about this 'One chapter 'near the end' that she seemed so upset about writing.

when I finished one chapter near the end I absolutely howled, it had been planned for so long.

"I was in a hotel room on my own, sobbing my heart out. I downed half a bottle of champagne in one and went home with mascara all over my face. It was really tough."

I assumed that dialogue was about the chapter near the end, not about finishing the book. But I suppose it could be just the culmination of the whole thing ending!

Dixie
06-07-07, 21:47
I can't believe she changed the last word! I bet the last word is still significant though. Even though it isn't 'scar'.

Rivendell
06-07-07, 22:18
To tell the truth, I was never keen on the last word being scar. :o I thought the last word would be 'End', as in 'The End' ;)

But to be even more truthful, I don't really care what the last word is. It could be Hallipatrottle, or something else equally as made up - just so long as it was relevant! :D

Blackmoor
06-07-07, 22:45
Omg, "bloodbath"?!!! :eek:

"Very definite end"?!! (please don't kill Harry :()

That comic relief sketch they showed was very funny. It's the first time I've seen it.

Interesting that she did say, "Never say never" to writing in the HP world again... Also interesting that she deliberately stated it as writing about "that world" as opposed to writing about Harry Potter... (please don't kill Harry :()

Bowie
06-07-07, 22:56
Has anyone considered that Horcruxes divide up a wizard's powers too? And maybe Voldemort did not know this, which would explain why he so willingly formed a Horcrux on Harry, not fearing how powerful Harry could become with some of Voldemort's powers being added to his run-of-the-mill genetic predisposition for wizardry thanks to his parents, and thinking that, yes, this boy has to die for him to die, which might not be sanctioned by the Ministry of Magic.

The point being, instead of the notion that Harry must destroy all Horcruxes -- including, eventually, himself -- to destroy Voldemort, he could instead destroy all the inanimate Horcruxes, but then give up his powers somehow so that Voldemort loses his too.

Isn't that really what Harry Potter is about? An insignificant unloved boy who suddenly finds out he's the most important and powerful person in the world? Wouldn't the greater sacrifice for him be to give up the magic that makes him so special?

I think Rowling may have deliberately engineered this lingering belief that Harry must die, but will shock us all in the very final moments when all he has to do is give up his powers to render Voldemort likewise powerless, a more profound and fitting conclusion to both characters.

One of them must kill the other, though? Surely Voldemort is weak enough, with all but one Horcrux of a soul remaining, for Harry to just push him off a cliff, or something?

I haven't read any of the books so this could be complete nonsense! What say you?

Geck-o-Lizard
07-07-07, 01:25
:( Gah, this sounds quite horrible! Maybe she really has killed Harry!

I know, I know - I've said I'd like it to happen, but to be honest I'm not expecting it to happen at all. Perhaps that's why it'd be a good end!

It better be Harry. He annoys the bejeebus out of me. If she whacked Snape, I'd personally hunt her down and stab her in the face with her own pen.

Real Life Raider
07-07-07, 01:29
Maybe she really has killed Harry!

I don't think so because Jo has said that she may, one day in the future, write another Harry Potter book.

Rivendell
07-07-07, 07:08
^ :confused: I thought she said she's never doing another again, and that there's the consideration of killing him off herself so that nobody else can write any more after her!

Bowie- that's a very interesting theory. Quite impressive for one who hasn't read the books :D

Although about giving up his powers - I'm pretty sure nothing like that has been done in HP, nor hinted that it's possible.. But who knows? It'd certainly be unexpected.

Mytly
07-07-07, 07:33
Nice theory, Bowie. Sounds a bit similar to this (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19436954/) guy's idea that Harry will end up a muggle. I hope that doesn't happen though! :yik:

The same article makes for a good meta case why Harry won't die - it would be terrible publicity for the remaining movies, not to mention future sales of the books. After all, why would anyone go to see a movie about a character that they already know is not going to get out of his situation alive? Or for that matter, bother reading seven books knowing the hero will die in the last one?

That's the idea anyway ... I just hope hope JKR was thinking along the same lines while writing DH. ;)

^ :confused: I thought she said she's never doing another again, and that there's the consideration of killing him off herself so that nobody else can write any more after her!
I am pretty sure she didn't say that she intended to kill him, just that she understood why any author would think that way.

In any case, even if she intends to kill him, that's a fairly ridiculous reason in her case, considering that thousands of people have already written millions of fanfics about HP, and aren't likely to stop doing so even after DH comes out - even if Harry dies in it. After all, there's always AU stories.

Clara [CA]
07-07-07, 07:43
It better be Harry. He annoys the bejeebus out of me. If she whacked Snape, I'd personally hunt her down and stab her in the face with her own pen.
May I give you a hand on that ? :D

Isn't that really what Harry Potter is about? An insignificant unloved boy who suddenly finds out he's the most important and powerful person in the world? Wouldn't the greater sacrifice for him be to give up the magic that makes him so special?
Somehow, I don't expect the books to have such a brutal end. For me, Harry Potter isn't that dramatic. I mean yes, there are deaths, murders, but there's also a big message of hope, friendship, family, love etc. What would be the message to the readers if the hero had to give up with his power, even for the greater good ? Couldn't it be seen like a little triumph for the bad side ?

There's already a big part of HP about sacrifice - not only Lily Evans' sacrifice, but also Dumbledore's, and I suspect something coming from the Malfoy family too (not sure about that last one).
So for me, this last book is really about the final conflict and who will win between good and evil. And I'm damn impatient...

Bowie
07-07-07, 08:56
;1944723']Somehow, I don't expect the books to have such a brutal end. For me, Harry Potter isn't that dramatic. ... So for me, this last book is really about the final conflict and who will win between good and evil.
Harry giving up his powers to kill Voldemort is a LOT less brutal than killing himself, I would have thought!

As for "good vs evil", I think that's the profound truth lots of people are forgetting: good people don't care about wielding power... Voldemort would do ANYTHING to save his powers (evil), whereas Harry would do ANYTHING to save people (good). (It's also politically relevant at the moment ;).)

It would also explain why she referred to writing about "that world" in the future, rather than writing about "Harry Potter" -- because Harry is no longer a wizard. The Heir of Gryffindor (Ron?), for instance, could make an intriguing future protagonist.

Bonez
07-07-07, 09:03

On Jonathon Ross though, she said maybe theres a chance in like 10 years she would return to the world. But its unlikely.

But 'returning to the world' doesn't mean returning to Harry. I guess we'll just have to wait for the book XD

I heard theres a video thats about 15 minutes long and has loads of clips from the movie in it. Does anybody know where I could find it please? :)

Clara [CA]
07-07-07, 16:49
Harry giving up his powers to kill Voldemort is a LOT less brutal than killing himself, I would have thought!

As for "good vs evil", I think that's the profound truth lots of people are forgetting: good people don't care about wielding power... Voldemort would do ANYTHING to save his powers (evil), whereas Harry would do ANYTHING to save people (good). (It's also politically relevant at the moment ;).)

You know what ? You could be right. :p I agree with that theory about good people and power. [b/w What does evil want ? Power ! --> quote from TRAOD Hand of Fate video].

But it was somehow already demonstrated in the very first book with the Philosopher Stone and the Mirror of Erised. The main question is IMO what message does JKR want to give to her readers ? In almost each of the previous books, the main message is given by a death. The importance to keep on fighting after Dumbledore's death; the importance of family protection after Sirius'; the importance of friendship and solidarity after Cedric's... and so on. So, what would be the ultimate message here ?

I.Am.Natla
07-07-07, 17:05
How is everyone planning to avoid being spoiled when the FINAL book comes out?

Me? My mum will go out and get the 2 copies for me and my sister, I'll stay away from the internet in the day, and since I'm flying that night on a 12 hour flight to Malaysia I'll read it on the plane in a [hopefully] spoiler-free zone.

No doubt some beast will be running around the airport screaming "HARRY DIES ZOMFG!" :(

What abour yourselves?

Clara [CA]
07-07-07, 17:16
What abour yourselves?
My book will be bought at 10 AM. I'm planning on going home with my ipod on my ears.
No phone. No connexion. No TV. No radio. Not even shopping before I'm done with the book. :D

I.Am.Natla
07-07-07, 17:18
Darn, just found out that I'm actually going to have to...venture out into a public place...on the DAY the book is released *dies*

Yeah, I have to go into the shop and get it while my mum waits in the car; she muttered something about not being my slave...or something.

So fingers crossed society have upheld some respect and aren't raving baffoons in the store :D

Dixie
07-07-07, 18:15
Here is a tip: If they announce that a book was leaked(which happened a lot for HBP), stay away from popular fansite forums and comments(especially MuggleNet).

About the whole 'giving up his powers' thing: Are you all assuming that Harry is a Horcrux?

VonCroy360
08-07-07, 04:24
How is everyone planning to avoid being spoiled when the FINAL book comes out?

I'll probably get in the line really early, get my copy and then rush home and read it overnight.

Hyper_Crazy
08-07-07, 13:17
I'll probably get in the line really early, get my copy and then rush home and read it overnight.

I doubt you'll finish the book in that short time period.

L.C
08-07-07, 13:27
I doubt you'll finish the book in that short time period.I finished all 6 in one week, so it may be possible ;)

Bonez
08-07-07, 13:44
I finished HP5 in a day. Its surprising how much you can read when your hooked. :D

Angel666
09-07-07, 00:23
I doubt you'll finish the book in that short time period.

I finished HBP the day I got it. OoTP took two days cause I had a family thing.

Doby
09-07-07, 01:50
|I finished HP5 in a day. Its surprising how much you can read when your hooked.|

I can never read a Harry Potter book in one day. I am just not motivated enough unfortunately :(

Real Life Raider
09-07-07, 02:01

No Riv, Jo has maintained (long before the Ross interview) that she has no intention of writing another Harry Potter book, but she will never say never again.
Therefore it is unlikely that HP dies......

Dixie
09-07-07, 03:36
Why would anyone want to rush through the book like that? You don't get the chance to take it all in...I will simply finish it when I finish it. No one really even knows how long it is yet...(page count doesn't mean much...UK DH is shorter than UK GoF but US DH is longer than US GoF)

Shark_Blade
09-07-07, 04:03
Just as long as she doesn't get hobbled by some demented fan that can't accept the end of a series like James Caan's character did in Misery :yik:
Huh what? Never heard of it.:confused: Is it good? I could use reading a good book now..

L.C
09-07-07, 08:10
Why would anyone want to rush through the book like that? You don't get the chance to take it all in...I will simply finish it when I finish it. No one really even knows how long it is yet...(page count doesn't mean much...UK DH is shorter than UK GoF but US DH is longer than US GoF)I do savour each and every detail, however, I completed my 'feat' only because I was very ill in bed, and there was nothing else to do ;)

Huh what? Never heard of it.:confused: Is it good? I could use reading a good book now..Never heard of Misery? Granted, I've only seen the film as I don't like being scared when I'm reading. But it is very creepy, this fan's obssession. Misery on IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100157/)

LegenDarY
09-07-07, 09:39
Anyone watched the 2 interviews on mugglenet?

http://mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1059

They were really fun(ny) to watch and it appears that more than 2 characters are going to die.

She's being asked: "Do you intend to ever write any more Harry Potter?"
Rowling also says: "I think Harry's story comes to quite a clear end".

That either means she's explained really well how his live will continue, or that he dies.

Dixie
09-07-07, 17:42
There was a one-hour special on A&E last night about OotP. Pitty I only managed to see the last 4 minutes of it. Did get to see a new scene though at the end...Don't know if it's on the internet- it's the scene where Profs. McG and Umbridge are having a bit of a row in the entrance hall...funny stuff. The special won't air again until the 12th. But there's not point in watching it then...because I will have already seen the movie.

I didn't realize just how close we are to the movie! I'm going to see it TOMORROW NIGHT! Anyone else?:jmp:

Jake Croft
09-07-07, 17:57
Whens the movie out at cinemas in the UK

Blackmoor
09-07-07, 17:58
As it's only 2 weeks away, less even, maybe we should have a prediction on what will happen at the end of HP7.

I predict...

Harry lives.
Snape is the real villain, even more so than Voldemort.
Hermione dies and so does Mrs Weasley.
Harry is NOT a horcrux.
And... somehow or other, Gryffyndor saves the day.

Anyone else?

Huh what? Never heard of it.:confused: Is it good? I could use reading a good book now..Yes it's a good book, but the film is excellent too (surprisingly for a book-to-film conversion). Take your pick. :)

Rivendell
09-07-07, 18:06
Snape is the real villain, even more so than Voldemort.

Whoa, that'd definitely be a shocker - just because so many have been led to believe that Snape is really a goody. Or not a goody, just acting on Dumbledore's orders..

But you never know.. "Severus...Please!..." could really have been begging for him NOT to kill him!

Blackmoor
09-07-07, 18:23
Whoa, that'd definitely be a shocker - just because so many have been led to believe that Snape is really a goody. Or not a goody, just acting on Dumbledore's orders..

But you never know.. "Severus...Please!..." could really have been begging for him NOT to kill him!He just doesn't seem to be the type to bow down before or suck up to anyone to me, even the Dark Lord.

He's got powers that seemingly rival or exceed anyone else's.

He's evil.

And, he was not only instrumental in killing Harry's parents, his actions (relaying the message from the prophecy) almost brought about the end of Voldemort. I think he's in it for himself.

Then again, I'm always wrong about these things. :D

You haven't said your predictions... :p

Angel666
09-07-07, 19:31
Snape's good. No doubt in my mind. If a Weasly is going to die I think it'll be Percy.

Rivendell
09-07-07, 19:43
You haven't said your predictions... :p

Ok, but first bear in mind what I predict may not be what I want to happen ;)

Snape is working for the Order, the end of HBP tried to reinforce the image that he was evil - so to leave it like that would be predictable.
But now the idea that he's good and followed Dumbs' order to kill him to remain a spy has been made so predictable.. who knows? But I still think it's the most likely.

This way it creats more problems for Harry. IF Snape is working for the order, he's is still going to hate him - even more than ever, for killing AD, BUT how would Harry take the revelation that AD told him to do that? He wouldn't believe him, even with evidence I don't think it'll stop Harry from possibly trying to kill him.

Harry will be attacked by Fenrir Greyback, and Wormtail's life-debt will be paid in Wormtail killing the head werewolf with his silver hand.

Harry will live, Voldemort will die. Cliche, but I can't see it happening any other way.

If anyone lovable dies I think it'll be Ron, Molly or Arthur or perhaps Ginny. It'll be a really courageous death too, protecting someone. I really think it'll be a Weasley though!

Neville will have it out with Bellatrix, and probably conquer her. The hatred in him is probably enough for him to beat her, whereas the hate in her towards him wouldn't be as strong - for her it'd be sport.

ThomasCroft
09-07-07, 19:44
YAY Percy die!!! He's so annoying.

I reckon a horcrux is hidden in Gringotts hence the front cover.

Can you imagine Ron, Hermione and Harry having to find a little trinket amongst tonnes of treasure? What spell would they use for that one ... ?

Rivendell
09-07-07, 19:46
Can you imagine Ron, Hermione and Harry having to find a little trinket amongst tonnes of treasure? What spell would they use for that one ... ?

...Accio Horcrux? :tea:

ThomasCroft
09-07-07, 19:48
...Accio Horcrux? :tea:

Oh yeah. :p

Dixie
09-07-07, 19:51
Whens the movie out at cinemas in the UK

It'll be out Thursday in the UK, Wednesday in US and Canada.

Ada the Mental
09-07-07, 20:37
My predictions:

-Harry lives.
-Ron lives,so does Hermione. And they will finally get together at Bill and Phlegm's wedding (where, incidentally, I'm sure there will be an attack).
-Oh, Noble-Wannabe Harry and Ginny get together, as well. I can't see Ginny being content with being the Damsel-in-distress waiting for the Hero for too long. (And Harry is dumb. You don't just dump a girl with six older brothers!)
-Voldemort dies.
-Snape is Good.
-I believe that Dumbledore believed Snape's remorse story because he also told him that Voldemort had decided to go after the Potters and not the Longbottoms.
-He's also a dead-man-walking. He dies saving Harry.
-Lupin LIVES (he'd better,or Jo is in for big trouble).(Obviously, that's just wishful thinking.)
-He also kicks Greyback's sorry butt!:mis:
-McGonagall is the real traitor!!! (I hope not!I like her!)
-Pettigrew repays his debt by giving Harry valuable info about the Horcruxes. Then he dies, as well, because he's a stinking double-crossing rat.
-Molly dies.
-One of the twins (:() and maybe Charlie dies.
-Neville dies a hero's death (:() after giving Trixie what she deserves (:D).
-Draco dies (:yah:).

BTW,I saw a girl on the street who looked strikingly like Luna!:eek: :cln:

Angel666
09-07-07, 20:40
McGonagall? :eek: I've never heard that before. Interesting. :pi:

Ada the Mental
09-07-07, 20:45
It'd be The Twist! Check this essay: http://community.livejournal.com/unplottables/46684.html
I'm not 100% convinced but I think it's very possible.

I thought she was acting a bit suspiciously after DD's death. I was always a bit annoyed with her. Immediately after his death, she makes herself comfortable at his office, wants the school closed and dares to raises arguments against his wish to be buried at the school...:pi:
And her most suspicious behaviour was at the end of GoF. With the Dementor and Crouch.

Angel666
09-07-07, 21:09
Wow, I'm half done with the essay and I just have to say that the girl has a point. I'm looking at McGonagall alot differently now. Thanks for sharing that Ada. :tmb:

LegenDarY
09-07-07, 21:51
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone was on tv this evening.

They we're so little back than :D. Brings back good memmories.

There's a preview with lots of footage on tv right now :D.

Dixie
09-07-07, 21:53
That essay isn't very thoughtfull. She has a significant role in the series, though I can't really explain it.

Ada the Mental
09-07-07, 22:01
That essay isn't very thoughtfull. She has a significant role in the series, though I can't really explain it.

I somewhat agree (and that's why I'm not totally convinced) but I think there are many interesting points.
The most intriguing point, IMO, is the contrast between Minerva and Snape.

It's been bugging me for a couple of days, as a matter of fact. I had never tried to see McGonagall from another point of view.
But I really hope it's not the case.

Rivendell
09-07-07, 22:04
Amazing essay Ada, thanks for posting it :tmb:

Angel666
09-07-07, 22:27
I never really thought about McG at all, in any context. She seems a very boring character to me. And I found it really weird that she wasn't at the Order Meetings, as far as I know, except once when she turned up in the muggle dress.

Lenochka
10-07-07, 01:36
Just watched an hour long special about the upcoming film and i have to say... I'm actually considering going to see it now :tmb: i have never really been a potter fan but wow this film looks interesting :D

Shark_Blade
10-07-07, 02:12
My predictions:
-McGonagall is the real traitor!!! (I hope not!I like her!)WHat what what?:yik: I think that will turn my brown eyes blue.

-Harry lives.
-Ron lives,so does Hermione. And they will finally get together at Bill and Phlegm's wedding (where, incidentally, I'm sure there will be an attack).
I think Harry and Voldemort will die. The prophecy said neither one can live while the other die, something like that.(I'm just beginning to read OotP and currently finish the hearing.God I hate Fudge.

-Voldemort dies.Why of course.Or maybe he'll just perish or live as a parasite ever after.

-Snape is Good.Never suspected his loyalty ever.

-Lupin LIVES (he'd better,or Jo is in for big trouble).
-He also kicks Greyback's sorry butt!:mis:Maybe he'll go the same way as his dearly beloved friend Sirius as well?

-Pettigrew repays his debt by giving Harry valuable info about the Horcruxes. Then he dies, as well, because he's a stinking double-crossing rat.I hope he'll die with a "cheesy" grin on his face. Talk about irony.

-Molly dies.
-One of the twins (:() and maybe Charlie dies.Nope. Can't see that happening.

-Neville dies a hero's death (:() after giving Trixie what she deserves (:D).
-Draco dies (:yah:).No way. Neville is crucial to the prophecy as well, he's as important as Harry imo. And Draco will join Harry and his squad for a Final Battle against the Dark side.;)

Rivendell
10-07-07, 08:27
No way. Neville is crucial to the prophecy as well, he's as important as Harry imo.

Ah - he was, but the instant Voldemort attacked Harry then it became all about him. Neville was then as irrelevant as an ordinary passer by. Purely because Voldemort had 'marked Harry as his equal'.

It's all chatted about in the Lost Prophecy chapter, I was rereading it last night.

Mytly
10-07-07, 09:41
It'd be The Twist! Check this essay: http://community.livejournal.com/unplottables/46684.html
I'm not 100% convinced but I think it's very possible.
Just read that essay. I had read a similar one (http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/editorials/edit-trumanl01.shtml) on Mugglenet a while ago too. But I'm not convinced by either one. The reasoning seems a little forced. I mean just because McGonagall has never saved Harry's life is hardly any reason to claim that she is evil. :rolleyes:
Oh, and wait a minute - she has saved his life. And there is definite proof in the same scene that she is on Dumbledore's side (and so is Snape), and they are both against Barty Crouch (and by extension, Voldemort). This is the scene in GoF when Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape burst into Moody-Crouch's office just as he is about to kill Harry. See this bit:
"Stupefy!" There was a blinding flash of red light, and with a great splintering and crashing, the door of Moody's office was blasted apart - Moody was thrown backward onto the office floor. Harry, still staring at the place where Moody's face had been, saw Albus Dumbledore, Professor Snape, and Professor McGonagall looking back at him out of the Foe-Glass. He looked around and saw the three of them standing in the doorway, Dumbledore in front, his wand outstretched.
All three are reflected in Moody-Crouch's Foe-Glass - all of them are his enemies.
McGonagall may be a rather feckless person, but she is not evil. Mostly, I think she's just not a very important character, neither in the story nor in Harry's life.
That said, I guess we can't totally rule out the idea that someone we have trusted so far could turn out to be evil. But I really can't say who it might be.

L.C
10-07-07, 11:55
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone was on tv this evening.

They we're so little back than :D. Brings back good memmories.I know what you mean.....we had it in the UK on Saturday evening :)

Rivendell
10-07-07, 15:14
Like other Harry Potter fans worldwide, Bonham Carter is awaiting the July 21 publication of Rowling's seventh and final Potter novel, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," to learn the characters' fate. But she's been given a hint that Bellatrix may play a part.

While she was considering whether to accept the relatively small role in "Order of the Phoenix," she says, "J.K. Rowling sent a message saying she's going to be very significant in the last one."
Linky (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070709/ap_en_ot/people_bonham_carter)

I know it was obvious, but still - :jmp: :yah: :hug:
Why do I like her so much? That's a bit worrying..

Ada the Mental
10-07-07, 16:23
^:yah: Cool! Bigger part for Bellatrixie!

Maybe he'll go the same way as his dearly beloved friend Sirius as well?
What? Something like getting killed by a nice set of curtains?:p

And Draco will join Harry and his squad for a Final Battle against the Dark side.;)
Yeah, I guess that's pretty much what will happen, but it still doesn't prevent the boring brat from dying, does it?

McGonagall may be a rather feckless person, but she is not evil. Mostly, I think she's just not a very important character, neither in the story nor in Harry's life.
That said, I guess we can't totally rule out the idea that someone we have trusted so far could turn out to be evil. But I really can't say who it might be.
As I said I'm not convinced, either. I just thought it is an interesting possibility, because I've always thought of McGonagall as a character that's just there. Not particularly important.

And about that essay, another pretty stupid point is that McGonagall got herself out of the way by the end of OotP. Ok, if she intended to do something like that, surely, she would have come up with something cleverer and less dangerous than jumping in the way of four Stunning curses...

Angel666
10-07-07, 17:41
All three are reflected in Moody-Crouch's Foe-Glass - all of them are his enemies.

Yes but we don't know how the foe glass really works so I don't think we can base any solid conclusions off of it. We don't know if it shows the enemies of who's looking into it or who owns it.

Blackmoor
10-07-07, 20:30
Ok, but first bear in mind what I predict may not be what I want to happen ;)

Snape is working for the Order, the end of HBP tried to reinforce the image that he was evil - so to leave it like that would be predictable.
But now the idea that he's good and followed Dumbs' order to kill him to remain a spy has been made so predictable.. who knows? But I still think it's the most likely.

This way it creats more problems for Harry. IF Snape is working for the order, he's is still going to hate him - even more than ever, for killing AD, BUT how would Harry take the revelation that AD told him to do that? He wouldn't believe him, even with evidence I don't think it'll stop Harry from possibly trying to kill him.-Snape is Good.
This Snape question is a real divider. I can't believe how many of you believe he's working for the cause, lol. :D :vlol:

*Hopes she doesn't regret that taunt later...* :o

If anyone lovable dies I think it'll be Ron, Molly or Arthur or perhaps Ginny. It'll be a really courageous death too, protecting someone. I really think it'll be a Weasley though!-Molly dies.
-One of the twins () and maybe Charlie dies. I actually think a few of the Weasleys will die too... unfortunately...:whi:

:mis: :mis:

Molly will make me cry though.

Glad to see most people think Harry will live. I just wonder wonder wonder how he'll defeat Voldemort. Will he finally discover his amazing power as a wizard in HP7 or will his friends help him, or will "love" save the day...?

Only 11 days. :D

Ada the Mental
10-07-07, 20:56
Ok.I should have probably said that Snape is "good". Not good.
I believe that so far he's done everything he could in order to survive, and he now hates himself for murdering the only person that ever trusted him and gave him a chance, and he wants to see the end of Voldy and in the end do a brave thing for a change.

Perhaps he'd love to be the one who takes full credit for bringing him down, but no doubt, Potter will take all the glory through his fingers again. Ha!

I don't think he is loyal to the Order, however. Loyal to Dumbledore, yes (even if he chose to save his own skin), but I suppose he'd love to see each each and everyone of them six-feet-under.

Blackmoor
10-07-07, 21:12
Ok.I should have probably said that Snape is "good". Not good.
I believe that so far he's done everything he could in order to survive, and he now hates himself for murdering the only person that ever trusted him and gave him a chance, and he wants to see the end of Voldy and do a brave thing for a change.

Perhaps he'd love to be the one who takes full credit for bringing him down, but no doubt, Potter will take all the glory through his fingers again. Ha!

I don't think he is loyal to the Order, however. Loyal to Dumbledore, yes (even if he chose to save his own skin), but I suppose he'd love to see each each and everyone of them six-feet-under.Isn't he already supposed to hate himself for being indirectly responsible for the death of Lily? Or do you think he wasn't really, he only said that to Dumbledore in order to survive?

I mean, he's been portrayed in the books as repentant about his badness all along... Is he now going to be shown as living with the guilt he pretended to have for so many years, only this time for the death of Dumbledore and not Lily? That might be kind of ironic and maybe fitting.

Although I still think Harry won't let him live if he has anything to say about it. He let Pettigrew go but I can't see him letting Snivelly go... there's too many scores to settle - Sirius, Dumbledore, James, Lily.

Ada the Mental
10-07-07, 21:17
And now he has Lily AND Dumbledore to feel bad for.
I believe that he did in fact feel sorry for Lily but it still was a clever move to switch sides while he still had time, and he did it again by chosing himself over Dumbledore.

And I can't see Harry letting him live, either. And he'll probably regret it later.

Oh,well. We'll know in about 10 days.

Rivendell
10-07-07, 21:26
Can you imagine if Harry actually murders Snape?
I mean, that would be one hell of an event. Imagine reading that chapter.. Harry killing the teacher he's hated for all these years.. The man who contributed to the death of his parents. The man who killed the man he always looked up to..

All signs point to Harry easily being able to kill this person - but could he?
Thinking about it, I can't see Harry killing anyone but Voldemort.

I don't think JK wants Harry to become a murderer, and I'm sure when it's all over that Harry won't be seen as one. It's a strange situation.

Blackmoor
10-07-07, 21:44
Can you imagine if Harry actually murders Snape?
I mean, that would be one hell of an event. Imagine reading that chapter.. Harry killing the teacher he's hated for all these years.. The man who contributed to the death of his parents. The man who killed the man he always looked up to..

I don't think JK wants Harry to become a murderer, and I'm sure when it's all over that Harry won't be seen as one. It's a strange situation.I think that's a really excellent point Riv. And one that I think makes a more interesting climax to the story than whether simply Harry lives or dies. I think he'll live, but what will he be at the end? Will he be a murderer? I can't see it myself either, and yet... and yet... There's some serious vengence issues here on top of a fight of good over evil, that either JK faces straight on, or avoids by getting other people to do the deeds on Harry's behalf.

I don't want Harry to become a murderer and yet in some way I think I might feel a bit cheated if he doesn't get his hands dirty at all. How can he not under the desperate circumstances?

Like you say, it's a strange situation. :tmb: And one hell of an event if Harry kills Snape! :eek:

And now he has Lily AND Dumbledore to feel bad for.
I believe that he did in fact feel sorry for Lily but it still was a clever move to switch sides while he still had time, and he did it again by chosing himself over Dumbledore.

And I can't see Harry letting him live, either. And he'll probably regret it later.

Oh,well. We'll know in about 10 days.I wonder what the Lily-Snape thing is about too. I can't ever have seen Lily being friends with Snape, I see him as some kind of stalker she acquired. Er, I don't think very highly of Snape. :D

I can't believe we're so close to finding out all the answers. :jmp:

Dixie
10-07-07, 22:05
Anyone else going to see OotP tonight? I'm going to see the IMAX 3D one. I'll have a review up by noon tomorrow.

Rivendell
10-07-07, 22:07
Looking forward to it Dixie :D I'm off in a couple of days :tmb:

Ada the Mental
10-07-07, 22:24
I don't want Harry to become a murderer and yet in some way I think I might feel a bit cheated if he doesn't get his hands dirty at all. How can he not under the desperate circumstances?
I totally agree. A Harry with his soul split like that, feeling guilty (most probably he"ll find out about Snape's true allegiance too late) would certainly make up for a "happy" ending.

About the Lily thing...I can't see them as friends. Maybe they had some sort of competition with Potions...

My God! I can't wait!:jmp:

Anyone else going to see OotP tonight? I'm going to see the IMAX 3D one. I'll have a review up by noon tomorrow.
Not me. I have to wait till August 23.:hea::mad:

Angel666
10-07-07, 22:27
I don't have an IMAX here. :( I'm going to go see it hopefully Saturday.

Rivendell
10-07-07, 22:27
I totally agree. A Harry with his soul split like that,

:yik: Just made me think - Harry's learning all about Horcruxes now, imagine if he does kill Snape. Then imagine if he splits his soul and makes his own Horcrux before destroying Voldemort's and then takes him on?

:tea: A teeeeeeny bit unlikely, but cool to ponder!

Ada the Mental
10-07-07, 22:39
:yik: Just made me think - Harry's learning all about Horcruxes now, imagine if he does kill Snape. Then imagine if he splits his soul and makes his own Horcrux before destroying Voldemort's and then takes him on?

:tea: A teeeeeeny bit unlikely, but cool to ponder!

:eek:
He'll make Fawkes a Horcrux!

Blasphemy!:yik:

Blackmoor
10-07-07, 22:44
:eek:
He'll make Fawkes a Horcrux!

Blasphemy!:yik:Or...

"Dobby will do it sir, Dobby will be Harry Potter's Horcrux!!! *squeak*"

lol. :D

Ada the Mental
10-07-07, 22:48
And Kreacher, and Winky... Hermione would love that! :vlol:

Angel666
10-07-07, 22:59
lol Whatever happened to SPEW? I cant remember.

Spitfire
11-07-07, 00:54
The midnight showing is in 4 hours, leaving in 2 to get to the theater!
Yay!!!:D

Clara [CA]
11-07-07, 06:54
I'm going to see it today too :yah:

Dixie
11-07-07, 07:59
Oi! Just got back. By far my favorite! Very abstract, lots of laughs and tears..Full, detailed review in about 10 hours, once I've gotten some sleep!

L.C
11-07-07, 08:18
Anyone else going to see OotP tonight? I'm going to see the IMAX 3D one. I'll have a review up by noon tomorrow.I'm seeing it Friday the 13th :jmp:

Will have to avert my eyes from your review until the 14th, as I want to enjoy any surprises that may be waiting when I see it :tmb:

Mytly
11-07-07, 09:25
Yes but we don't know how the foe glass really works so I don't think we can base any solid conclusions off of it. We don't know if it shows the enemies of who's looking into it or who owns it.
Doesn't matter how it works - the point is that Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall were being seen in it at the same time. That means that they are on the same side in this war.
Come to think of it, that's a pretty good proof for Snape not being evil. :pi:

I don't think JK wants Harry to become a murderer, and I'm sure when it's all over that Harry won't be seen as one. It's a strange situation.
I honestly don't think Harry will kill anyone, not even Voldemort. If murder is the supreme evil, why would the hero of the story have to commit it?
My prediction regarding the end of Voldemort is that he and Harry will have a showdown, with Harry fully intending to kill Voldy, but he won’t be able to do it. Someone else will finally bring down Voldy. I have two separate theories for this: either Snape will kill Voldy, or else a Dementor will lovingly kiss him. I would personally prefer the latter – it would really be poetic justice.

While I am in a predicting mood … here are the rest of my predictions for Deathly Hallows:

The trio will survive.
Lupin, Tonks and Neville will survive. (This is mainly wishful thinking on my part ;))
At least one Weasley (other than Ron) will die, possibly even two.
Hagrid might die, maybe even early on in the book (another of Harry’s protectors gone).
Bellatrix will get hers, preferably at Neville’s hand.
Pettigrew will die saving Harry’s life – probably unintentionally.
Snape is not evil. He will play a pivotal role in the end.
Harry will not kill Voldemort (see above).
There will be a two-part climax (like in PoA).
Harry and Ginny will get back together, but only in the end.
Hogwarts will re-open, but only for part of the year. The trio will attend at least some classes, though the main action of the book will take place away from Hogwarts.
Aberforth Dumbledore will have an important role.
The Horcrux hunt will be easier than Harry expects, but there will be one major twist along the way: Harry will realise that he is a Horcux.
Dementors will be crucially important.

Rivendell
11-07-07, 09:48
Dementors kissing Voldemort.. That's a good thought!

But I can't help but think I'd feel a bit annoyed if Harry doesn't get rid of him. It's been building up to it for all these years - he'd better. I mean look at the prophecy! Kill or be killed, and Voldemort made the prophecy a reality by his choices.

I just wouldn't like a cop-out ending. It'd be like Kill Bill 2 all over again.. *shudders*

Ada the Mental
11-07-07, 10:24
I honestly don't think Harry will kill anyone, not even Voldemort. If murder is the supreme evil, why would the hero of the story have to commit it?
Killing Voldemort, however, would not count as murder, would it?
I wonder killing in self-defence is the same as intentional murder? Does your soul get split by that?:confused:

Lupin, Tonks and Neville will survive. (This is mainly wishful thinking on my part ;))
I certainly hope so.I wouldn't be surprised if any of them died...Especially Lupin and Neville.
I refuse to accept that Remus will die, however, so I'm sticking to my "He Lives" prediction.;)

LegenDarY
11-07-07, 12:34
That McGonagall theory is brilliant.

I would she was acting wierd at some times at well. But I had never thought that she could be a death-eater.

I'm still not completely convinced, but if JKR really planned everything like this, she's an absolute genius and she's given us plenty of hints to suspect Mcgonagall.

It would be so brilliant to have us suspecting Snape for 7 books, only to find out it's the person you least suspect :D.

Dixie
11-07-07, 18:18
*SPOILERS*

OK, I got some sleep, let's try this again.

First- I don't recomend seeing it in 3D, but definitly see it in IMAX if you get the chance.

The movie was quite emotional: one minute you would be laughing, the next you would be forcing back tears. It starts off on the playground, and you hear a weatherman talking about the drought. Dudley and gang com along, he insults harry(he REALLY insults Harry), everything goes dark, we see the dementors, ect.

My memories of the movie are leaking. I'll just give some highlights of what I can remember:

-the dementors aremore like skeletons, though they arae actually still somewhat similar in appearance to the ones in PoA. They move much faster now.
-The Patronus is (get ready!) JUST-AS-IT-IS-IN-THE-BOOK! It is a stag, just a stag! It charges down one dementor, then he tells it to charge the other! WOOOO!
-Ms. Figg has had a personality change. She isn't mean. At all. She actually creates some comic relief during the first part of the film.
-We get to see the Extendable Ears!
-And the Snackboxes(which actually play a role in the plot this time)!
-Fred and George have their own sub-plot.
-Umbridges quill: Harry writes with his right hand, and the words appear on his left...
-They don't explain why Voldy was wearing a suit at the station...
-Don't be surprised to hear rock music playing in the common room.
-if you played the video game, you noticed that there was no veil. Well, it IS in the movie. Sort of anyway. It's semi-transparent...
-Sirius is killed with the killing curse, yet has time to look meaningfully at Harry after he is hit, before falling into(up?) the veil.
-The Voldemort possession is a big part of the battle, and lasts a lot longer than it did in the book.
-I think, for the first time since CoS, Hogwarts hasn't been changed! With the exception of the stone circle, which I believe is gone.
-Nigel is back(from GoF) and has a slightly more significant role.
-You'll be laughing at Umbridge at the begining, but at some point, you just want to slap her. She's even MORE cruel in the movie.
-Harry and Neville have a tearfull scene.
-The fireworks are AMAZING. Of course Harry has to go and ruin it.

That's all my sleepy mind can remember at this point. I'll add on to it later. If you want to know anything, just ask!

Blackmoor
11-07-07, 18:58
Doesn't matter how it works - the point is that Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall were being seen in it at the same time. That means that they are on the same side in this war.
Come to think of it, that's a pretty good proof for Snape not being evil. :pi:Is it? Couldn't it be that Snape was an enemy of Barty (and possibly by extension Voldemort, but not definitely...) AND also be an enemy of Harry's? If the mirror is showing the "foes" of the person who currently owns it, those foes don't have to be united. Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape could all have different reasons for being Barty's enemy which may or may not make them enemies of Harry's too. Depends which way you look at it I guess.

My prediction regarding the end of Voldemort is that he and Harry will have a showdown, with Harry fully intending to kill Voldy, but he won’t be able to do it. Someone else will finally bring down Voldy. I have two separate theories for this: either Snape will kill Voldy, or else a Dementor will lovingly kiss him.I have a feeling that this is the way it'll go too and like Rivendell I think may be a bit of a cop out ending.

There will be a two-part climax (like in PoA). I think they'll be some deadly twist somewhere in there too... :D

Rivendell
11-07-07, 21:07
Sounds good Dixie, thanks for that!

I'm off to see it tomorrow afternoon :jmp: :yah:

Destroyer Op 89
11-07-07, 21:23
Ah,Harry Potter,Love the movies,specially Ron :p

Dixie
11-07-07, 22:29
I hardly remember the movie anymore...one of the down sides of seeing it late at night. I'll see it again this weekend hopefully. Definitly worth seeing twice in theatres!

Rivendell
11-07-07, 22:35
Knowing me I'll watch it at least twice!
I saw HP2 five (possibly 6) times in the cinema :eek:

I just read the review on IGN, which rated it quite highly - and as you said, claims it's quite an emotional film.

Were the scenes in Dumbledore's office after the death-scene powerful?
The review mentions the 'LOOK AT ME!' part that features in the trailer...care to comment? :D

Lara Lover
12-07-07, 00:33
So excitied. The next week is so exciting. :jmp:

Thursday 12th : HP Movie at 1PM.
Friday 20th : Midnight release of book. Party!Waterstones in Belfast is having this midnight release with magicial music and competitions and a surprise? :P Cannot wait to see what that is.

Dixie
12-07-07, 04:18
Knowing me I'll watch it at least twice!
I saw HP2 five (possibly 6) times in the cinema :eek:

I just read the review on IGN, which rated it quite highly - and as you said, claims it's quite an emotional film.

Were the scenes in Dumbledore's office after the death-scene powerful?
The review mentions the 'LOOK AT ME!' part that features in the trailer...care to comment? :D

The "LOOK AT ME!" part was like..."Woah! You just yelled at Dumbledore!" and it was the scene after Mr. Weasley was attacked. Apparently, this is the part where Harry "Wanted to attack Dumbledore". After he says it, there is a long silence where everyone looks at Harry, then Snape enters and whisks him off to his first Oclumency lesson. The Harry-Dumbledore meeting was...short. Harry has already heard the prophecy(he heard it when he picked it up), and...well...Harry says his "You don't know how I feel" bit, then Dumbledore says "It's my fault", then Harry asks if the prophecy meant that one would have to kill the other, Dumbledore says yes, thats pretty much it. Come to think of it, there isn't even any shouting.

Yes, it is VERY emotional. You will go through a full range of emotions when you watch it. I nearly cried during the first Grawp scene! Grawp gives Hermione a present! Well, you'll see, it's very touching and funny at the same time. I DO wish he'd at least called her "Hermy".

Yates even forshadows HBP in many ways. The one that stood out the most was the Harry/Ginny relationship. Any time Cho was mentioned, Ginny had an annoyed-look on her face.

The only things that disapointed me were:

-No Howler from Dumbledore(Though the Ministry letter is one, well sort of)
-Dumbledores brother was only in about 4 seconds of the film.
-The way Umbridge found the Room of Requirment
-There was no closure on Harry and Cho's relationship.

Just some very small things. It keeps surprisingly close to the book.

Shark_Blade
12-07-07, 04:22
So excitied. The next week is so exciting. :jmp:

Thursday 12th : HP Movie at 1PM.
Friday 20th : Midnight release of book. Party!Waterstones in Belfast is having this midnight release with magicial music and competitions and a surprise? :P Cannot wait to see what that is.

OMG:eek: I can't believe the final book is drewing nearer and nearer! :jmp: I wanna watch the movie too. Maybe tomorrow. I never stay up or get inline for HP book ever. This is my last chance so might have a go at it! :D

Dixie
12-07-07, 04:34
I have no plans to stay up to get the book. I'm going to need a sharp mind to read! No, I plan on waking up bright and early on Saturday, eat a good breakfast, go to the shopping mall and buy the book and lunch, eat lunch, and then read for the next three days. None of this 'hurry and read it in six hours' stuff. Make it last!

Shark_Blade
12-07-07, 04:40
yeah, I'm in no hurrying to read it. ALthough I could finish Half-Blood Prionce in one day though:/ Wish the last book will last longer. Before this I was expecting it will be a lot thicker than order of phoenix, considering it is the last book and all, but alas...*shrug*

*Fingers cross that Harry will die a heroic death along with Voldy in their final battle*

gtkilla
12-07-07, 04:44
I'm gonna see it this Friday(or maybe Saturday)! :jmp: I'm so glad that it at least got decent reviews and didn't bomb completely. :D

Dixie
12-07-07, 04:47
Did I mention the kiss?

No..well I thought it would be, you know, just a kiss. But it just went on and on...felt like they'd been making out for an hour.

tranniversary119
12-07-07, 05:14
I just saw harry potter 5 and can i say it was the BEST and i meant best Harry potter out of the whole series the ending was breathtaking wow .. im going to see it again. People are complaining its not close to the book blah blah blah but its an adaption and we already read the book try something different. But overall it was amazing!

Shark_Blade
12-07-07, 06:00
^Now that's what I like to hear! :D

Rivendell
12-07-07, 07:45
Did I mention the kiss?

No..well I thought it would be, you know, just a kiss. But it just went on and on...felt like they'd been making out for an hour.

:eek: Seriously? :yik: I honestly thought they'd barely show it!

Mytly
12-07-07, 12:31
Just saw a preview or behind-the-scenes special or whatever it was of the OotP movie last night ... looks really good, I must say. :) (This means a lot coming from someone who staunchly refuses to get excited about the HP movies. ;)) Umbridge is absolutely AMAZING! :jmp: Pretty much everything else looked very well done too - the scenes, characters, the set design (the MoM looks particularly good), the costumes ... can't wait to see the actual movie. :D

Can someone who has already seen it tell me if the St. Mungo's hospital scenes are included in the movie?

Killing Voldemort, however, would not count as murder, would it?
I wonder killing in self-defence is the same as intentional murder? Does your soul get split by that?:confused:
No idea, since Slughorn didn't differentiate between the various types of killing when he explained horcruxes to Riddle. It could be that only pre-meditated murder splits your soul ... or it could be that using Avada Kedavra to kill someone would automatically split your soul, no matter what your intentions. I hope that this bit is cleared up at the beginning of DH at least.

Is it? Couldn't it be that Snape was an enemy of Barty (and possibly by extension Voldemort, but not definitely...) AND also be an enemy of Harry's? If the mirror is showing the "foes" of the person who currently owns it, those foes don't have to be united. Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape could all have different reasons for being Barty's enemy which may or may not make them enemies of Harry's too. Depends which way you look at it I guess.
True. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend ... *doesn't know what to think anymore* :pi:

psychokitten
12-07-07, 12:44
I saw Order of the Phoenix last night in a sold-out cinema, thought the movie was awesome! Didn't think the kiss went on forever, I was glad they made it realistic.

I was a bit disappointed when it ended...sort of felt like it could have kept going for another hour lol, can't wait for the next one.

TombRaiderLover
12-07-07, 14:46
Me and my friends are watching the film next Saturday (I protested about the date, seeing as it's the day the book is released, but my friends didn't seem to care.) :rolleyes:

peffect
12-07-07, 15:07
I've just finished it!!!

I loved Bellatrix, Tonks and Ambrige!!!

It's a m a zing!

Harry's kiss was longer than I expected! :D

Destroyer Op 89
12-07-07, 15:35
Gah i really wanna see The Order of the Phoenix!,i keep dreaming im with the Harry Potter gang :p

Lara Lover
12-07-07, 16:06
I came back from the cinema at 3 O Clock and I have to say, what a movie. It was my favourite of the series. :D

Hyper_Crazy
12-07-07, 16:08
Is it better than the Goblet of Fire lol?

peeves
12-07-07, 16:34
Am i the only person who liked the goblet of fire better?:confused:
Seriously i watched the movie and sirius died but it was good but i thought the goblet of fire was better.

Rivendell
12-07-07, 17:20
Just come back -

Bloody awesome (in the correct use of the term ;) ) film.
Best.One.Yet.

Goblet of Fire - shorter book, more cut out of the story in the film.
Order - longer book, more included in the film :confused: . Weird, but thankfully it shows as it's an excellent portrayal.

They have kept so close to all the little details in the book, I was utterly impressed! The acting has improved so much, the story was quite fast paced - but that kept it exciting.

SPOILERS!!!
Bits I loved:

1. Aberforth Dumbledore is seen shiftily following a goat off screen. :D
2. Bellatrix Lestrange's cheers "I-killed-Sirius-Blaa-ack!"
3. The cool / calm / suddenly evil Lucius Malfoy
4. The two different types of apparating - Black smoke for the DE's and White light for the Order.
5. LOTS of lines are taken directly from the book with no alteration
6. The scenes with Harry and Luna - JK is right, Evanna isLuna through and through.
7. Snape - the last Occlumency lesson was brilliant
8. The Breakout from Azkaban
9. The gory attack of Mr. Weasley
10. Dan's acting upon Sirius' death.

peffect
12-07-07, 17:26
Dan's acting has improved so much!

But I wanted to see more acting of Bellatrix, she was just, perfect! Just like the poisonously evil woman I was making in my mind! :cln:

Rivendell
12-07-07, 17:33
Bellatrix was perfection :cool:
I wish they'd showed a bit more, but what we saw of her was classic! :jmp:

Have to say one bit I was overjoyed they didn't talk much about: Hagrid's Giant Adventure .. That bit bored me so much in the book, I'm glad it was just mentioned in passing.

peffect
12-07-07, 17:40
Definitly!
I liked when she got out off Azkaban and laughed! :cln:
I just love her!!!

Ambrige was also very brilliant!

Oh, and the twins evasion!!! I was chuckling like a mad! :D

I also laughed many times during the movie...

What else can I say, I was really A MOVIE!
I wonder how much time this one's gonna stay the chart's #1 !

Ada the Mental
12-07-07, 17:48
So far everyone-apart from purists who can't tell the difference between a book and a movie-says that the movie is awesome!:D

I have to wait a month to see it. :(

Rivendell
12-07-07, 17:56
Patience, virture, blah blah Ada :tmb:

I'm going to try and see it again tomorrow I think. There's just so many little touches that make it feel so truthful to the story.
I.E (No big spoiler) -

The intro of Luna, could so easily have been her walking by and saying 'Hello', but nope - just like the book she's sitting on her own, reading the Quibbler upside down, reading something about Runes.

Ada the Mental
12-07-07, 18:15
Patience? What's that? :whi: :p

Anyway, someone posted somewhere the US chapter art of the 7th chapter of DH. It looks real enough...But I suppose it could have been photoshopped. Does anyone want me to post it? It's not particularly spoilerific.Just the image and the the chapter title.

Rivendell
12-07-07, 18:17
Yes please! :D

I've not read anything about DH yet, and I feel I ought have since we'd heard the description of the new minister, and heard about Felix Felices before HBP!

Ada the Mental
12-07-07, 18:20
Here it is:
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/Snoopy_Pie/?action=view&current=DumbledoresWill.jpg
I've read some spoilers out of curiosity but they all seem to contradict each other.:vlol:
But yeah, we haven't heard anything yet.

Rivendell
12-07-07, 18:23
Ah wow, looks like quite a calm chapter.
This book is going to be so depressing! :(

I can't wait for it, but I really really REALLY can.

VonCroy360
12-07-07, 19:03
:eek: Just over 700000 seconds left... :eek:

I've read your reviews, guys and can't wait to see the movie next friday!
IMDb visitors also gave it the highest score of all HP movies (7.9) :cln:

Can anyone tell me how are thestrals shown? Only through Harrys eyes (as visible) or through other students' eyes as well (to show us they're not visible to the others)?

Rivendell
12-07-07, 19:13
Just shown through Harry's eyes, and Hermione saying "There's nothing there" so we know they can't see them, and combine that with Luna's explanation that only ones who've seen death can see them .. Then it sort of figures and requires no further explanation :tmb:

I am seeing it again tomorrow! Hurray! :D

Dixie
12-07-07, 21:30
damn damn damn!! I'm such a moron! I clicked the link without even thinking about what it was!!! :cen::cen::cen::cen: Ah, well. It isn't really new information, I was expecting a chapter with a title like that. Though maybe not the illustration...I thought they'd broken up...bah.

Rivendell
12-07-07, 22:33
Ooh I just thought - through all my praise and love for this film, there was one thing that royally annoyed me.

Spoiler:

Sirius was Avada Kedavra'd. Yet he still managed to stagger around, look at Harry and then sort of give the facial expression of "Ugh, I'm dead."
< That goes against everything we know about the Killing Curse! It's instant! Flash, whoosh, dead.

Not Flash, whoosh, linger.. dawdle.. wait a sec.. nearly done.. aaaand... Dead!

Grr..

viper456
12-07-07, 23:55
Just got back from seeing it!! :D I loved it! My favourite one yet!

L.C
13-07-07, 07:04
Micheal Gambon got his honorary degree from University of Kent yesterday. I was hoping to cover it, but unfortunately the appointment didn't come through :(

Never mind, as tonight I'm off to see the wizards......

Sorry for that, I couldn't help myself :o

Seriously, I managed to get a group of five big HP fans together to see the film tonight. From skimming over everyone's reviews (I only skim in case someone forgets to tag their spoilers), it sounds like we're in for a treat :jmp:

Mytly
13-07-07, 11:06
Here it is:
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/Snoopy_Pie/?action=view&current=DumbledoresWill.jpg
I've read some spoilers out of curiosity but they all seem to contradict each other.:vlol:
But yeah, we haven't heard anything yet.
That does look authentic - even the print from the other side of the page is visible. I am not sure whether I hope it is real or not, though ... the illustration really annoys me, and the chapter title sounds a bit lame. Besides, why did they wait for seven chapters to deal with Dumbledore's will? :confused:

Ooh I just thought - through all my praise and love for this film, there was one thing that royally annoyed me.
*spoiler not quoted*
Grr..
Well, it's Hollywood ... you know they are going to use poetic - err, make that "movietic" - license! ;)

To repeat myself: Can someone who has already seen the movie tell me if the St. Mungo's hospital scenes are included in the movie? Pretty please? I want to see St. Mungo's so bad! :jmp:

peffect
13-07-07, 12:50
To repeat myself: Can someone who has already seen the movie tell me if the St. Mungo's hospital scenes are included in the movie? Pretty please? I want to see St. Mungo's so bad! :jmp:

No.
Arthur (after Narjini's attack) was directly took to the Black's house, I mean, they didn't show him in the hospital.

I think they had so much to do with the ministery of magic to care about the hospital. But you can wait to see it in the 6th movie!
I'm impatiently impatient to see HBP! :jmp:

Rivendell
13-07-07, 18:08
Just watched OotP again :D
Still love it, still think it's the best one :tmb:

Dan's immediate acting after the death scene is spot on, slowed down, solemn, yet you can really feel the grief and rage in those few seconds.

peffect
13-07-07, 19:02
Dan's immediate acting after the death scene is spot on, slowed down, solemn, yet you can really feel the grief and rage in those few seconds.

Yes, I also liked it in the 4th movie after Cedric's death, I almost cried.

tranniversary119
13-07-07, 20:24

That was intense!

Rivendell
13-07-07, 20:28

When he arrived back in the stadium clutching his body crying, then Cedric's dad started wailing - that's such an emotionally ravaging scene.

Sara Croft
13-07-07, 20:29
Just watched it (the order of the phoenix)... WOAH!

I loved every second of it. Best one yet IMO!:D:D:D

TombRaiderLover
13-07-07, 20:33
I was disappointed by Cedric's death scene. Everyone was going on about how harrowing it was, but when I finally saw it, I couldn't see what the big deal was. :p

Angelus
13-07-07, 21:55
I saw Goblet of Fire when it first came out on a really crappy pirate version that my friend made me watch, and I can't remember much of it... so I bought it from play.com today for £7.99. :D

OoTP looks really good; I might go and see it next week. :tmb: I'm glad you liked it Riv; means I probably will. :jmp:

Angel666
13-07-07, 23:52
I'm hopefully going to see it tomorrow. :)

Bonez
14-07-07, 09:15
:jmp: I'm going to see it tomorrow. I can't wait :D

Rivendell
14-07-07, 13:05
Aberforth Dumbledore will have an important role.

I think you're right - here's why:

The locket Horcrux was missing from the Cave where Voldemort hid it.
We presume that very object to be the unopenable one from Sirius' house.
Mundungus Fletcher stole lots of stuff to sell.
In Hogsmeade he's selling stuff when Harry sees him. Who's he selling to?
Aberforth.

Aberforth has the Horcrux. :tmb: Maybe by accident or coincidental 'Oh that looks nice' spur-of-the-moment purchase, who knows.. But I'm certain he has it.

Hyper_Crazy
14-07-07, 13:13
I think the beginning of OotP was rushed, especially Grimmauld Place, I thought a lot more happen there, but hey, I guess they have to cut a lot out.

Does anyone think Umbridge's outfits get worse and worse throughout the film?

Ada the Mental
14-07-07, 14:17
I agree, probably it's Aberforth who has the locket. Lol! I think it'll funny when the Trio goes after Kreacher, and then after Mundungus only to find out that it has been almost under Dumbledore's nose all this time!

Anyway,I finished reading the "Seventh Horcrux" fanfic last night (or rather morning)!:D
And here's a review, just because I'm bored:
>>>Ok, it definitely was very good, but I have to agree about the Harry/Ginny moments. What annoyed me the most was that Ginny came across as a much more important character than Ron and Hermione.
And, really, what was that with Ginny taking out Snape? That was Harry's fight!

I loved the way they dealt with the Seventh Horcrux in Harry, and the scene in the Love Room was brilliant.

I even felt sad for Draco.I'm glad he didn't die, especially in such a horrible way!

I was with Snape being evil, though I loved the part in the Epilogue with Ron pestering Snape in Azkaban with news about Harry!

I was also disappointed with the fact that Neville didn't have a major part, Luna didn't even appear and we didn't get to see the battle at Hogwarts.
The deaths now:

I felt really very sad about Percy, especially since he never got the chance to really be forgiven by his siblings.

Remus and Tonk's death was really touching, but I think that since they were to die they should have got a bit more "screen time". I think it was a bit rushed..."Ok, they're dead, they sacrificed themselves, pity, let's get on with the story now". I was mega-annoyed when the PoV switched to Ginny in the next chapter!
We didn't even found with their bodies, nor Percy's, and I think that would have added some closure. (In fact,what did the Death Eaters do with all the corpses in the Ministry? Just morbid curiosity...)<<<

LegenDarY
14-07-07, 14:23
Just one more week untill the final book :D.

I finished reading HBP again last night 4 am. This time Dumbledore's death really sank in. The meaning of his death.

Now that Harry doesn't have Dumbledore, who on earth will help him with the last horcruxes like Dumbledore could? I mean look at the horcrux in the cave. it was hidden and protected by powerfull magical spells, none if which Harry could have figured out or perfom on his own. Only Dumbledore could.

Who will be the wise person to guide Harry in DH?

And another thing that's bothering me to death right now is that freaking Snape. I want to believe Dumbledore and think that Snape is a good guy. And I had believed it up untill this sentece: "Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face." After this he says Avada Kedavra.

Did he do this because of the Death Eathers, or because he really hated Dumbledore?

And again how he treats Harry at the end of the book, he let's Harry live, but he really hates him to death, he warns the other Death Eathers that Voldemort wants to be the one to finish Harry off. Was this true? Or did Snape say that to save Harry's live?

I can't wait for the last book just to know what on earth Dumbledore was thinking to trust Snape. Just because he was sorry he had been the one to tell Voldemort about the prophecy and by doing that had helped in the murder of James and Lily Potter? I highly doubt that was the only reason why Dumbledore trusted him.

Another thing that I noticed when reading the book again, that it has become so much darker. It's really on the edge of being suitable for kids. I can't imagine little kids reading about a lake full of dead body's coming to live and people getting cursed with sectumsempra with their skin cut open. Or the horrible thought of Bill's face being mutilated (dunno if that's the right word) by Greyback.

But imo that's a good thing. The whole Harry Potter story has gotten very serious over the years and it handles grown up issues as friends, relationships, betrayal, love, death.

L.C
14-07-07, 15:52
WOW!

Definitely the best HP film yet!

It was just as good as everyone said it was, and I have the strange compulsion to see it over and over, something that hasn't happened to me since I saw the first Star Wars films back in the 70's :cln:

The final battle scene was awesome---I get chills just thinking about it.

I wish Tonks had a bit more screen time, as she was cast perfectly.

And, as I said in another thread, just how cool was Moody's broomstick?

Mucho kudos to David Yates. And looking forward to his version of the next installment.

Dan's immediate acting after the death scene is spot on, slowed down, solemn, yet you can really feel the grief and rage in those few seconds.Yes, far more emotional technique this time.

Yes, I also liked it in the 4th movie after Cedric's death, I almost cried.I did :(

That was intense!

When he arrived back in the stadium clutching his body crying, then Cedric's dad started wailing - that's such an emotionally ravaging scene.That's what really got to me----I could feel his anguish because instinctively I thought that's how I would feel if I ever lost my own son :(

Jake Croft
14-07-07, 17:30
Just got back from watching it
It was pure amazing and packed people had to stand up to watch
I hated how it didnt show Luna and Harry helping the others onto the birds didnt make it make sense just made it like oh so they can see them now? I loved the end fight though was really amazing!

Reggie
14-07-07, 19:37
The film was amazing (yes, I am a big HP fan...I just haven't got round to talking about it here lol :p)

Anyway, a mini review from me:

The incredible acting was backed up by some excellent directing and the special effects were awesome.

Standout moments (obviously, spoilers here...so highlight if you've watched it already):

The escape scene in the dept. of mysteries with the collapsing shelves carrying the prohecy orbs.

The aftermath of Sirius' death

The Weasley brothers wreaking havoc upon hogwarts as they leave Hogwarts and the oppresive Umbridge.

/spoilers.

One thing I noticed is that they left out the hospital scenes which I think were quite important. Y'know, the part where Harry sees Neville's parents? That's one little disappointment that was outweighed by how great the film was overall.

Breakneck pace, not too overdone and great atmosphere/playing with emotions. (escpecially with the well placed comic relief!)

peffect
14-07-07, 20:13
I think I'm going to watch it one more time! :D
The battles was so amazing that I didn't enjoy watching all the detailed moves and great effects! :D

Dark Lugia 2
14-07-07, 20:33
I watched it and loved it, every moment1 :D except the end, when it was almost over i thought it was halfway through :( :p umbridge made me LOL all the way through XD i give it a 8/10 overall :D best one yet :)

spoilers ahead :p

I loved it when the patronouse's were being practised, the effects there were sooo awsome :D
the part where the freaky lady escapes from azkaban is awsome, it's unerving because you wonder who she is :p
Luna rawked :D she was funny :p and the scene where the five are flying through london is AMAZING! :eek: it was cool feeling deja vu from reading the book, but on screen :D

Dixie
14-07-07, 20:59

Aberforth.

Aberforth has the Horcrux. :tmb: Maybe by accident or coincidental 'Oh that looks nice' spur-of-the-moment purchase, who knows.. But I'm certain he has it.

I'm trying to remember...Is it ever actually MENTIONED that the barman is Aberforth? I know that it is pretty much given, but Harry doesn't seem to have realized it yet. Which he should have by now.

I think it is very likely that Aberforth has the locket. See, assuming the locket WAS at number 12, Dung found it, and sold it to Aberforth in Hogsmeade. The thing is, I think Dumbledore would have known about it. Aberforth obviously tells him that he bought stuff from Dung, and he probably would have told him WHAT he was buying.

Mytly
14-07-07, 21:10
I was just watching a bit of the Sorcerer's Stone movie yesterday ... I had to shut it off after about 15 minutes - the kids' acting was so BAD! *shudder* They really have come a long way as actors in the past 6 years, haven't they? (Well, not Rupert Grint - his acting still makes me cringe. :rolleyes:)

No.
Arthur (after Narjini's attack) was directly took to the Black's house, I mean, they didn't show him in the hospital.

I think they had so much to do with the ministery of magic to care about the hospital. But you can wait to see it in the 6th movie!
I'm impatiently impatient to see HBP! :jmp:
Aww, that's too bad - I wanted to see St. Mungo's. :( But why would it be in the HBP movie? There's no St. Mungo's scene in that book. :confused:

Aberforth.

Yup, the Aberforth-locket angle seems like the best way to introduce him to the trio. Though I think that it may not have been an accident that Aberforth bought the locket ... could he possibly know about the horcruxes? Did Albus confide in him?

Anyway,I finished reading the "Seventh Horcrux" fanfic last night (or rather morning)!:D
And here's a review, just because I'm bored:
>>>*long review not quoted*<<<
I agree wholeheartedly. Way too much importance given to Ginny, but otherwise pretty damn good. The Love Room scene was really fantastic - I really hope we get something like it in DH. And the method of getting the horcrux out of Harry was brilliant. :jmp: I loved the three horcrux quests too, especially the third one. And of course, I was thrilled that Umbridge got what she so thoroughly deserved - getting killed by werewolves. :mis:

I'm trying to remember...Is it ever actually MENTIONED that the barman is Aberforth? I know that it is pretty much given, but Harry doesn't seem to have realized it yet. Which he should have by now.
It's not mentioned in the book, but Rowling confirmed in an interview that the barman is Aberforth.

peffect
14-07-07, 21:38
Aww, that's too bad - I wanted to see St. Mungo's. :( But why would it be in the HBP movie? There's no St. Mungo's scene in that book. :confused:

I don't know, I just said it. The movies isn't 100% like the books, and I thought they'll give us some pleasure, or maybe in the 7th movie? 'Cause I have to see how does St. Mungo's looks like!

Dixie
14-07-07, 21:49
I don't know, I just said it. The movies isn't 100% like the books, and I thought they'll give us some pleasure, or maybe in the 7th movie? 'Cause I have to see how does St. Mungo's looks like!

Well, It DOES give a pretty good description in the book...and the sets aren't always accurate in the movies. Hogwarts, for example: There isn't even a grand staircase in the books.

Rivendell
14-07-07, 21:59
:D I'm just reading the Wiki page on Lord Voldemort - it's funny reading the way each language has had to alter Voldemort's real name in order for the anagram to work; in French, his middle name is Elvis! :vlol:

Jake Croft
14-07-07, 22:22
Is it just me who found Tonks attractive in a weird way... o_0!

ThomasCroft
14-07-07, 22:47
Best Potter film yet; absolutely bloody fantastic!!

But I have a question: why were the prophecies made in the first place? o_O

Hyper_Crazy
14-07-07, 22:49

I think it just you.......I think. =/

Rivendell
14-07-07, 22:57
Best Potter film yet; absolutely bloody fantastic!!

But I have a question: why were the prophecies made in the first place? o_O

I don't think it was a matter of choice, more like a matter of a seer picking up vibes then blurting it out in a tranced state.
No particular reason behind them, just.. happenings really! :)

frostfur452
14-07-07, 23:20
I finally bought the 6th book yesterday lol. I don't understand though. WHy do they have the books on the shelves, like they may have 2 types of covers and the same sized writing, but one is about 2/3 the thickness of the other?

When I had first searched for the 6th book it was pretty much the same size of the PoA book, but the one I finally bought is about the size of GoF...

Dixie
15-07-07, 00:27

No, Nat Tena is very attractive...esp. as Tonks!