PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Sara Croft
25-07-07, 00:34
p1yn9mrZELg byqFeevFZYk
xD-Huwlg2kY
:vlol:LOL:vlol:There's more in the Related line! xD

Angel666
25-07-07, 00:35
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40421580/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7700886/

and these are hilarious:

http://www.closet-space.com/comics/fancomics/simplypotterific.htm

LegenDarY
25-07-07, 09:35
IT'S ARRIVED, MY COPY HAS ARRIVED.

You can't believe how excited I am :D. I'm off to read it :wve:.

Lara Lover
25-07-07, 09:58
Enjoy! :wve: :tmb:

Angelus
25-07-07, 10:34
:cln:
http://acciobrain.ligermagic.com/hpteamspirit.jpg

Thank you very much for putting that spoiler in your signature. :tmb:

Anyway, I'm about to start the chapter Gringotts.

Ada the Mental
25-07-07, 12:13
:cln:
http://acciobrain.ligermagic.com/hpteamspirit.jpg

:cln: Don't you just LOVE Makani?

Peachy
25-07-07, 14:10
and these are hilarious:

http://www.closet-space.com/comics/fancomics/simplypotterific.htm

Wow, those cartoons are awesome, I saw all of them

Rivendell
25-07-07, 14:30
http://www.closet-space.com/comics/fancomics/simplypotterific/sp010.htm

:eek: :vlol: LMAO!

maximum_123
25-07-07, 14:58
Heya :wve:

Just wondering, did we ever find out who gave Harry the invisibility cloak?

Also, just bought the new book :jmp: Is it any good?

Geck-o-Lizard
25-07-07, 14:59
Dumbledore, book one. :confused:

Though the cloak gets a bit of backstory in the 7th book, ie. it never actually belonged to Dumbledore.

Rivendell
25-07-07, 15:00
New book is ace, you find out who gave Harry the invisibility cloak in HP1 I thought :confused:

Anyway, it talks about that in the new book :tmb:

Hey guys - I just thought - the encyclopedia will hopefully tell us what Dudley saw when faced with the Dementors! :yah:

Clara [CA]
25-07-07, 15:20
Just finished the book. I have to say I didn't see the Snape part coming. Above all, that twist was absolutely brillant :tmb:

YES! :jmp:
As Grace said, like her charity spin-offs.

Before now I was hoping for Hogwarts: A History (Bit of a long shot, no?) but The Tales of Beedle the Bard would be so cool to read!
Hogwarts : A History would be great as well. Maybe a bit boring but sooooo interesting (and a potential source for so many fanfictions too :cln:). The other two, Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them are nice but a little bit dissapointing (too short). A bigger - more Hermion-ish - book would be great this time.

The encyclopedia would include back stories of characters she has already written but had to cut for the sake of narrative arc (“I've said before that Dean Thomas had a much more interesting history than ever appeared in the books”), as well as details about the characters who survive “Deathly Hallows,” characters who continue to live on in Rowling’s mind in a clearly defined magical world.

Sounds awesome (and expensive :pi: ). I can't wait to learn more about McGonagall's background, I love that character :D

Real Life Raider
25-07-07, 15:36
The encyclopedia would include..... details about the characters who survive “Deathly Hallows,” characters who continue to live on in Rowling’s mind in a clearly defined magical world.:

*Oops wrong thread*

LegenDarY
25-07-07, 15:50
Deleted so I'm the only one who had the end ruined.

Real Life Raider
25-07-07, 15:52
Deepest apologies.....I'm getting confused with two threads running near identical topics now....:confused:

Mistake corrected

LegenDarY
25-07-07, 15:59
You have got to be kidding me, I'm reading the book right now.

I've managed this long without someone ruining the ending and right when I'm about the find out myself, someone else tells me.

I know you're probably really sorry, but that doesn't do me ANY good right now. Goddamn it. I honestly can't believe you just posted that in this thread, the thing NO ONE wants to read before finishing the book.

What fun will I have now reading the rest of the book knowing wether or not Harry survives?

Real Life Raider
25-07-07, 16:02
You have got to be kidding me, I'm reading the book right now.

I've managed this long without someone ruining the ending and right when I'm about the find out myself, someone else tells me.

I know you're probably really sorry, but that doesn't do me ANY good right now. Goddamn it. I honestly can't believe you just posted that in this thread, the thing NO ONE wants to read before finishing the book.

What fun will I have now reading the rest of the book knowing wether or not Harry survives?

Well like I say, i can only apologise for what was evidently an easy mistake to make.

I would however question your judgement at reading anything to do with HP if you are so desperate to avoid the ending being inadvertently leaked.

Again. Apologies.

Lavinder
25-07-07, 16:05
Tee-hee-hee, all us inhumanly beings who managed to get and finish the book days ago have been sapped of all our common knowledge and replaced by Deathly Hallow knowledge! (sorry, wanted to add effect)

Hence why we keep mucking up and slipping spoilers, oik! -pig noises-

LegenDarY
25-07-07, 16:08
It is well known that no spoilers are posted here. I read this thread for other HP news, for opinions about the book and the movie.

I know it's an easy mistake to make, but it's also very easy to remember not to tell wether Harry lives or dies. Cause that is exactly the thing everybody who reads the book wants to find out. It becomes kinda useless if you find out before finishing it.

I'm just glad that was how I had expected the book to end and that there are more things to discover. Like how Harry survives or gets killed and how he's going to find all the horcruxes. Whether Snape is good or evil and stuff like that.

But I'm still shocked you where that indiscrete about the most important thing that's revelead in the book.

Real Life Raider
25-07-07, 16:08
Hence why we keep mucking up and slipping spoilers, oik!

Thanks for that Lavinder. I'm glad I'm not the only one but I really am bitterly sorry if I spoiled the book for anyone else.

Rivendell
25-07-07, 19:59
Mugglenet claim MTV said the rumours regarding HBP casting were false.

*Has fingers crossed in faint hope Tracy Ann-Oberman gets cast as Narcissa*

xcrushterx
25-07-07, 20:09
Lol, did you know that Emma's french :eek: lol
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0914612/

Unless that IMDB is false.

VonCroy360
25-07-07, 20:11
Noooooooo
I want Naomi! :(

Rivendell
25-07-07, 20:13
Lol, did you know that Emma's french :eek: lol
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0914612/

Unless that IMDB is false.

Gasp!

So much for the 'all British cast' - it's been infiltrated by the French from day 1! :tea:

maximum_123
25-07-07, 21:44
Favorite Harry Potter Quote :

What's yours? Mine is BEDS EMPTY, NO NOTE, CAR GONE! Especially in the movie :p

Angelus
25-07-07, 21:57
I had a favourite quote from Deathly Hallows, but I can't remember it. I'll try and find it tonight. :D

maximum_123
25-07-07, 21:59
Clever lmao!

Rivendell
25-07-07, 22:03
Molly to Arthur: WHAT DO YOU MEAN "THAT'S THE GENERAL IDEA?!" :D

Harry to a Death Eater: You shouldn't have done that.

Hermione to Ron: You-complete-arse-Ron-Weasley!

Kreacher to Harry: Perhaps just one more, Master Harry, for luck?

:tmb:

Sedge
25-07-07, 22:03
Tomorrow, tomorrow I(well mom actually.. :p) will finally pick up my booked book! :jmp: Haven't been spoiled a single bit, though didn't even intend avoiding any places(except that one thread here), yay. Wouldn't have felt that bad anyways - I'm not the kind of who's reading pleasure gets completely spoiled if someone tells me who dies or something like that, because the actual reading when I devour the words.. Ah, there are just no words describing that! I simply love books and looking forward on this one, at least it is the final book of a cult of some sort.. Daadadaadadii, I'm excited! ^___^

Angelus
25-07-07, 22:08
Molly to Arthur: WHAT DO YOU MEAN "THAT'S THE GENERAL IDEA?!" :D

Harry to a Death Eater: You shouldn't have done that.

I love that one! :D

Sara Croft
25-07-07, 22:12
Something along the lines "Just because you have a emotional range of a tea-spoon ron!" :vlol:
and:
Hermoine: "Both hme and harry were raised by muggles. We were taught different fairytales such as snow white and cinderella."
Ron: Is that an illness?
:D

Clara [CA]
25-07-07, 22:25
That one made me laugh ! I never thought I could like Kreacher that much :D

Another :
Hermione : We didn't hear stories like that when we were little, we heard Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and Cinderella...
Ron : What's that, an illness ?
[Edit : Ooops, Sara beat me :o]

Fred : Pathetic ! With the whole wide world of ear-related humour before you, you go for holey ?

McGonagall : CHARGE !
(^Did I say I like her? :D)

maximum_123
25-07-07, 22:29
[/B]

:vlol: Very Good!

Rivendell
25-07-07, 22:32
I've a question for you all: If you were in charge of making the HP films 1-5, what would you have changed?

It popped into my head before, and I never realised how disappointed I was with the Dementors and how they're portrayed in the films.

1. I don't like how they FLY in the films. The books always say 'glide' and 'swoop down', which to me imply hovering vertically over the ground, not flying around.

2. They show their hands too much. The 'not showing skin' aspect of them was always really freaky I thought, and when they were shown they looked shiny instead of rotten.

3. The kiss.. Sucking out the soul from a foot away? Nuh-uh, I wanted to see them grasp their victims face, pulling them 'almost lovingly' towards them, fully-clamped on the victims mouth as its described in the book. That'd be so much freakier to watch. That's why it's the Dementor's Kiss -not the Dementor's Hover-Suck... :pi:

Sara Croft
25-07-07, 22:34
I'd make voldemort more freaky. He is not scary at all and thats ... bad imo. :(

Lavinder
25-07-07, 22:35

:vlol:Oh my god, I had to restrain myself giggling like a maniac randomly while on Skype.

Rivendell
25-07-07, 22:42
Hehe Lavinder, I also love the reason WHY he says that, but this is the no-spoiler thread so I'm zipped ;)

Definitely agree with you there SC.
Here's my probs with Voldy:

1. GIVE HIM FRICKING RED EYES!!!
2. Make his face thinner - more evil/hollow/skull-like (http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/847/voldemortheadas2.jpg), like that bit of the rebirth.
3. Give him some thicker robes, why is he prancing about in a thin cotton nighty? And give him a Hood too while you're at it!

Sara Croft
25-07-07, 22:48
I agree with everything you said. Especially the eyes. I immagined them burning and formed like a snake, and we got normal human eyes that were black! >_>

Geck-o-Lizard
25-07-07, 23:03

I loved Kreacher forever after that scene. :vlol:

Ron: "Accio Brain!"

Hermione: "Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"

Ron: "Can I have a look at Uranus, too, Lavender?"

Snape: "Oh, very good," interrupted Snape, his lip curling. "Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'"

Draco Malfoy: "Montague's just been found in a toilet, sir."

Harry: "There's no need to call me sir, Professor."

Rivendell
25-07-07, 23:07
Bloody classics Grace! :vlol:
Especially the Snape one :D

Lara Lover
25-07-07, 23:46
" JK Rowling working on HP Encyclopedia - CONFIRMED!"

Whats this about? :D

Real Life Raider
25-07-07, 23:49
Just in case you haven't watched these for a while, heres a set of CR videos!

Enjoy!

9onI92OxBHY

zjWGgWnd6Ec

mIapf3G-eSM&NR=1

0xodve30qfA&NR=1

Izzie404
26-07-07, 01:14
For US HP readers, the Today Show will be airing, tomorrow, an interview with J.K. Rowling about her further plans!

[Don't worry, it's done by Meredith Vierra. Thank God Katie Couric is gone.. :rolleyes:]

Angel666
26-07-07, 01:41
Which day? :)

Izzie404
26-07-07, 02:02
Sorry, totally forgot to put that. :hea:

It's airing Tomorrow

*changing other post also*

Real Life Raider
26-07-07, 02:10
If you can possibly pop a vid/link on here afterwards Izzie we would be very grateful :D

Izzie404
26-07-07, 02:45
If you can possibly pop a vid/link on here afterwards Izzie we would be very grateful :D

I could probably get a link, because I believe they put their interviews onto their webpage, but I doubt we could get a YouTube link because they have become very strict over people putting up stuff that does not belong to them..

VonCroy360
26-07-07, 08:22
Anyone posted their questions for the live chat with JK Bloomsburys holding on the 30th? I haven't thought of anything yet...

:)

Rivendell
26-07-07, 09:24
^ What did Dudley see in his mind when the Dementors where attacking him - what's his worst memory? :D

peffect
26-07-07, 09:33
^ I don't think he has bad memories...

Mine would be, Bella's real feeling when she killed Siruis... In the movie, before she run, she seemed sad and then smiled or something. I really like that expression of hers! Or maybe it's just in the movie.

Rivendell
26-07-07, 09:38
Mine would be, Bella's real feeling when she killed Siruis... In the movie, before she run, she seemed sad and then smiled or something. I really like that expression of hers! Or maybe it's just in the movie.

True, I was so surprised when she looked like that - it was almost a "Whoa, what the hell have I just done?!...No wait - Potter's sad! HAHAH!" kind of look.

peffect
26-07-07, 09:46
Don't you think it's just due to the PERFECT acting of Helena Bonham Carter?

Peachy
26-07-07, 09:51
I saw the film on tuesday, it was really good. I thought the girl who played Luna was amazing and Helena Bonham Carter was just as awesome.
I didn't like Kreacher though, that's not how I imagined him

L.C
26-07-07, 09:59
Finished the book at last. Absolutely loved it :D

More of my observations can be found on the other thread.^ What did Dudley see in his mind when the Dementors where attacking him - what's his worst memory? :DThe cake that Dobby dropped on that lady's head - such a waste of a perfectly edible dessert ;)

Rivendell
26-07-07, 10:45
Glad you liked it L.C :D
Lol, I suppose his worst memory could be something like that after all!

Anyone else see Ewan McGregor playing Ruf Scimgeour?
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6158/rufscrimnh0.th.jpg (http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rufscrimnh0.jpg)
With older looking makeup of course. That's how I always picture him.

L.C
26-07-07, 10:50
Ewan's been signed up as well???

Those casting agents certainly know how to fill the eye-candy box for us females :cln:

Angelus
26-07-07, 10:52
I'm up to Chapter 30 now; this book is amazing! :jmp: I'm going to start Chapter 30 later, and probably finish the book today. :D

Rivendell
26-07-07, 14:05
Ewan's been signed up as well???

Those casting agents certainly know how to fill the eye-candy box for us females :cln:

Lol! I wish, that was just my imagination manifested through the powers of photoshop :p

Rumor has it that Bill Nighy will be playing Rufus. If he is - then :yah: I'm so glad he's got a part in the series.
I only wish it was as Lord Voldemort.. :pi:

Angelus
26-07-07, 21:23
It's just dawned on me how close I am to the end... :( I've been reading these books since I was 8 years old... it's going to be sad to say goodbye.

pEhouse
26-07-07, 21:32
I don't know about Ewan McGregor as Scrimgeour. It might work. But Bill Nighy gets closer to my own imagination of him.

Shark_Blade
26-07-07, 21:38
I'm really glad things have ended nicely now. It's been fun nonetheless but good things must come to an end;)

As Slughorn said, 'too much of a good thing' will spoil us.

LegenDarY
26-07-07, 22:15
I've just finished it. The book was amazing, just more amazing than I can describe.

I actually want to thank Real Life Raider for spoiling whether Harry survived or not. It made everything so much more confusing and that's what I love the most when reading a book or watching a movie, not understanding a thing and finally everything being revealed at the end. I also managed by some weird reason to forget half of the book that I knew if he lived or died. Even at the most important moment I totally forgot I already knew the answer.

I have to admit, that there were parts that I probably could have actually killed you for spoiling it if we had been in the same room. I could have just strangled you.

And I also have to admit that the way you spoiled it was just beyond stupid. I mean there's an entire chapter called 19 years later and still you were stupid to post that question in here.

I will also like to say that it was indeed partially my fault for entering this thread, but I just didn't think anyone would be so mindnumbingly stupid to post if Harry lives or survives in the spoiler free thread.

With that said (the frustration in this post is because of the parts I was frustrated reading because of you ;)) I want to really thank you again. It made the last chapters of the book so mysterious and unclear knowing whether he survived or not.

Anyway, amazing book.. just amazing. Don't know what to say. I'm off to the spoiler thread, cause I still have a LOT to say there :D.

Angelus
26-07-07, 22:29
Am I the only person left who has not finished the book? :D

peffect
26-07-07, 23:08
Just finished watching the 3Rd movie another time but in english!!! I never watched it 'till the laste second, and now I knew I've missed something! God, that John Williams is a brilliant!

Angelus, I've not finished it yet! :)

Angelus
26-07-07, 23:09
Just finished watching the 3Rd movie another time but in english!!! I never watched it 'till the laste second, and now I knew I've missed something! God, that John Williams is a brilliant!

Angelus, I've not finished it yet! :)

Finally, someone else! :D

Rivendell
26-07-07, 23:11
I did and thought exactly the same thing today Peffect - the 3rd film is brilliant, a bit short and speedy at the end regarding the Marauders and their story.. But nonetheless a wonderfully directed, quirky, gritty film :tmb:

And John Williams is a genius.
I think that's probably the best HP film score :tmb:

peffect
26-07-07, 23:20

Yesh! I had to go watch OOTP a second time in the cinema to decide which's the best but realised the 3rd is and will stay my best HP movie ever... I shed a tear when Harry was talking with Lupin in the Bridge... The music was great!

The only thing that I didn't like in the film is that the Jar in Hagrid's cabin did not break as it did when Hermione used the Time-turner...
I'm such a mad about those details and the Characters expressions, that's why, I can say that Dan's acting is waaay better in the 5th film, though.

LegenDarY
26-07-07, 23:30
I did the math on Harry about 2 years ago with the release of HBP. But is anyone else concerned about Daniel's age in the movies?

I mean, he is 18 now and is playing the role of a 15 year old (OoTP). When HBP is finished he will be 19 playing the role of a 16 year old.

And I doubt they'll make DH in 2009, but later, so he could be 21 or something and play a 17 year old. And to be honest, you can really tell he's getting older.

Angel666
26-07-07, 23:32
I thought he looked fine. :confused: Considering the 90210 thing where they had thirty somethings playing high school students I think he'll be fine.

Geck-o-Lizard
26-07-07, 23:33
Eh. They can use makeup and other tricks to reduce his apparent age a little. He won't look too far off; plenty 17-year-olds look like they're in their mid 20s, and vice versa.

AmericanAssassin
26-07-07, 23:34
Am I the only person left who has not finished the book? :D

I haven't yet... Chapter 27 still... :D

Sedge
26-07-07, 23:47
Just started reading it, eehee! :jmp: Nice, thick book and what a press-fresh smell it has.. Aah, I love sniffing books. :D

findme
27-07-07, 00:32
Ron: "Can I have a look at Uranus, too, Lavender?"

That has to be the FUNNIEST thing EVER LMFAO

Noooooo, I want Naomi!

I did the math on Harry about 2 years ago with the release of HBP. But is anyone else concerned about Daniel's age in the movies?

I mean, he is 18 now and is playing the role of a 15 year old (OoTP). When HBP is finished he will be 19 playing the role of a 16 year old.

And I doubt they'll make DH in 2009, but later, so he could be 21 or something and play a 17 year old. And to be honest, you can really tell he's getting older.

I'm not concerned at all actually. Look at Adam Brody, Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie, they're all 25/ over and they managed to pull off 17/18 year olds pretty well. (Well, maybe not Ben Mckenzie)

Hyper_Crazy
27-07-07, 00:36
And John Williams is a genius.

YESSS, I agreeeeee! :tmb:

L.C
28-07-07, 18:18
Look at what someone sent to me :jmp:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/HPStamps01.jpg

Rivendell
28-07-07, 19:53
Cool! The stamps! :D
Btw, Love your new av :jmp:

Check this out that I made today:
http://www.axifile.com?1219153
(Password is Lestrange)

Anyone happen to know the workings of After Effects know how to get rid of that stupid yellow X that won't seem to disappear? (It's something to do with a mask, if that helps :o )

Natey168
28-07-07, 21:20
Ah! Woah, just about spoilered. :p I've just finished chapter 31.. :( I don't want it to end! :(

Angelus
28-07-07, 21:22
I finished the book on Thursday night - an absolutely astounding end to a fantastic series. :tmb:

L.C
28-07-07, 22:28
Check this out that I made today:
http://www.axifile.com?1219153
(Password is Lestrange) Impressive :tmb:

And I'm quite fond of my av as well. She's too striking for words.

Rivendell
28-07-07, 22:54
Woop! :jmp:

I made it better with a different one I did :D

qjhuyxkREtg

Lavinder
28-07-07, 23:02
Eh. They can use makeup and other tricks to reduce his apparent age a little. He won't look too far off; plenty 17-year-olds look like they're in their mid 20s, and vice versa.

Yeah, like our Lew on this forum, he is 13/14/15 (forgot) and he looks 17 :eek:
Woop! :jmp:

I made it better with a different one I did :D

qjhuyxkREtg

That is actually rather cool, :cln:

L.C
28-07-07, 23:03
Yes, much better, Riv!

jackali
28-07-07, 23:23
Mysterious Ticking Noise

Tx1XIm6q4r4

Obviously not my work, but for thouse who have not seen it I thought I'd share it.

Lavinder
28-07-07, 23:35
Mysterious Ticking Noise

Obviously not my work, but for thouse who have not seen it I thought I'd share it.

Gosh, i've watched this loads of times and I always seem to be able to watch it again without getting bored.

I've sat there singing

"Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Dumbledore! Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Dumbledore! Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Dumbledore! Ron, Ron, Ron Weaaaasley"

while bored at a wet lunch or something, and no one even bothers to question me, they just accept it :p

jackali
28-07-07, 23:38
Gosh, i've watched this loads of times and I always seem to be able to watch it again without getting bored.

I've sat there singing

"Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Dumbledore! Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Dumbledore! Snape, Snape, Severus Snape. Dumbledore! Ron, Ron, Ron Weaaaasley"

while bored at a wet lunch or something, and no one even bothers to question me, they just accept it :p

:vlol: I do that too! Its so funny, and really is one of those things that never gets old!

And then to top it all off, the cheering at the discovery of the ticking noise. Just cracks me up everytime!

Ah, the potterpuppetpals videos are the best, we can only hope for more of this randomness.

Rivendell
29-07-07, 17:24

I love that vid! :vlol:
"It's a PIPE BOMB! :) " ... KABOOM!

Agh.. I've got the Philosopher's Stone in my hand (Book, not real PS..unfortunately ;) ) and I'm about to start re-reading the whole series..

I'm looking forward to seeing all the little details that foreshadow all the stuff we never knew at that time, but I'm also desperate not to read it all again in its entirety - because that really will feel like the end :(

jackali
29-07-07, 17:29
It'll be okay Riv, it'll never really end. After all, being worth $1 billion is not enough for J.K.

She's bound to do more, and if not continuing with Harry, a spin-off. The kids? Voldemort: The Early Years? Following the tale of Lupin's child?

Rivendell
29-07-07, 17:32
Lol I'd love it if we got more Hogwarts.. But I can't see it happening in the next decade.

As far as it'll carry on we'll get:

1. The Encyclopedia
2. HBP film
3. HBP game
4. DH film
5. DH game
6. A spin-off Harry Potter role-playing game (*prays for this*)

Not necessarily in that order, and number 6 hasn't even been announced, I'm just dreaming there :whi:

jackali
29-07-07, 17:34
:vlol: Number 6 would be good.

But the will be more, after all she left it open for continuations even though she said she didn't want other people to do them. Therefore, in leaving it that open it can only lead us to the conclusion that she herself will be carrying it on.

Greenkey2
29-07-07, 17:36
Agh.. I've got the Philosopher's Stone in my hand (Book, not real PS..unfortunately ;) ) and I'm about to start re-reading the whole series..

Finished Phlisopher's Stone yesterday; just started Chamber of Secrets. Great minds... :whi:

*cries* Still haven't made it to see Order of the Phoenix, and probably won't get chance for another week at least. Waaaaaa!!!! :(

VonCroy360
29-07-07, 17:53

Finished Phlisopher's Stone yesterday; just started Chamber of Secrets. Great minds... :whi:

I'm rereding them all as well. Will start Chamber this evening. :)

Blackmoor
29-07-07, 18:55
After reading all the HP books now, I've decided my 10 favourite characters are:

Harry
Hermione
Ron
Luna
Lily
Sirius
Tom Riddle (whilst still at Hogwarts)
Dumbledore
Lockhart
Umbridge

in that order.

And my favourite book is probably HP4 although I like them all loads.

Anyone else? :D

Lavinder
29-07-07, 18:59
Ron
Hermione
Luna
Harry
SeverusMy top five in that order, my mind will probably change in five minutes :p

jackali
29-07-07, 19:06
My faves:

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape
Dumbledore
Voldemort, Voldemort, ooh Voldy-Voldy-Voldy, Voldemort
Luna
Draco Malfoy (but only in certain fanfics)

Lavinder
29-07-07, 19:15
Draco Malfoy (but only in certain fanfics)

I remember this certain fanfic with Draco in it, and I fell in love, I even started liking blonde guys for a while.... :p

jackali
29-07-07, 19:18
I remember this certain fanfic with Draco in it, and I fell in love, I even started liking blonde guys for a while.... :p

which one was that eh?

Lavinder
29-07-07, 19:23
which one was that eh?

I cant remember because it was about 2 years ago, but it involved Ginny and Draco and I cant remember the rest :confused: Bad memory, sorry :p

jackali
29-07-07, 19:30
:vlol: I probably read that one, I went through a Draco fanfic phase, even wrote some... which will never see the light of day. *cough*

VonCroy360
29-07-07, 19:36
Luna is definitely my favourite! Ron from the main characters. :)

My favourite book is Goblet. Has been since I first read it. Don't know why, maybe cause it combines the first and the last trilogy (which I see are quite different). It also has a good balance between Harry-Voldemort plot, a subplot every book should have (tri-wizard tournament) and the fun little interesting things they do at school and around, but aren't really related to the main plot.

Lavinder
29-07-07, 19:53
:vlol: I probably read that one, I went through a Draco fanfic phase, even wrote some... which will never see the light of day. *cough*

:p I remember something about Ginny and Draco shopping together or something, it had a lot of sex scenes in it and them renting a flat or something. The rest is a blur :p

L.C
29-07-07, 21:55
Lol I'd love it if we got more Hogwarts.. But I can't see it happening in the next decade.

1. The Encyclopedia
2. HBP film
3. HBP game
4. DH film
5. DH game

Not necessarily in that order, and number 6 hasn't even been announced, I'm just dreaming there :whi:You forgot to mention the Theme Park ;)

Rivendell
29-07-07, 21:59
:eek: :yah: I forgot about that!

Have to go there one day :tmb:

Sara Croft
29-07-07, 22:01

1. The Encyclopedia
2. HBP film
3. HBP game
4. DH film
5. DH game

Not necessarily in that order, and number 6 hasn't even been announced, I'm just dreaming there :whi:
Like a MMO RPG or a normal RPG.
*Immagines MMORPG :D :D :D *
I want it so bad.. Just htink of the possibilities! :O Would sell better then wow im sure! :D

MrBear
29-07-07, 22:17
You frgot to mention the Theme Park ;)

:pi: a Harry Potter Theme Park?? that's a first for me... but it doesn't surprise me :p where's it being built?? obviously somewhere in the UK, right?

Angel666
29-07-07, 22:27
Florida I think. Universal Studios.

MrBear
29-07-07, 22:28
buggah... too far away for me .. :( but yay nevertheless :tmb:

Rivendell
29-07-07, 22:31
All about it here:

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/935

:wve:

Angelus
29-07-07, 22:38
Um... so what was up with the Elder Wand? Was it just a really powerful wand, or truly unbeatable? :confused:

Rivendell
29-07-07, 22:39
I think that's being talked about in the spoilers thread at the moment Angelus :tmb:

Angelus
29-07-07, 22:46
I think that's being talked about in the spoilers thread at the moment Angelus :tmb:

:o Oops!

MrBear
29-07-07, 22:52
All about it here:

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/935

:wve:

Ah, thanks :) just wondering: how many people are still reading the book (not counting re-readers)?

L.C
30-07-07, 12:40
Lookie, lookie, some more arrived today, courtesy of Postman Pat, my ex!! :jmp:

Postcard Pack (I haven't opened it, so the other 6 are still sealed behind Philosopher's Stone)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/HPStamps03.jpg

School crest stamps and presentation folder they came in

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/HPStamps04.jpg

The book stamps inside their presentation folder (the plastic protecting them blurred the Deathly Hallows stamp only in the scan, the stamp itself is fine)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/HPStamps05.jpg

If anyone else wants them, it looks like they're still available here (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/shop?catId=9300091&pageId=shp_prdlist&category=cat48830006)

Good luck! :tmb:

Rivendell
30-07-07, 12:55
Everyone ready for what could be the most jam-packed Webchat in the history of webchats? :D

http://livechat.bloomsbury.com/index.php

I've got a new question I just thought of:

[SPOILER]

What happened to Voldemort's body after he died? Was he buried? Entombed? Cremated? etc..

VonCroy360
30-07-07, 12:59
Everyone ready for what could be the most jam-packed Webchat in the history of webchats? :D
[/B]

Yup! :D:)

I planned to ask "You said once before you were writing another book while writing The Philosopher's Stone. Can you tell us what was that book about and will it ever get published?", as I think she's quite tired of the all HP-things. Why don't ask her something about her and her other work? :)

L.C
30-07-07, 12:59
^^^ Oooh, thanks for the reminder! Forgotten about that.

Good question, Riv.

VonCroy360
30-07-07, 13:04
It started. :jmp:

Rivendell
30-07-07, 13:07
Ohhh :
[Spoiler]
Hermione began her post-Hogwarts career at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures where she was instrumental in greatly improving life for house-elves and their ilk.

..Figures :D

Bonez
30-07-07, 14:07
Has it finished? =/

Natey168
30-07-07, 14:12
Lookie, lookie, some more arrived today, courtesy of Postman Pat, my ex!! :jmp:

Postcard Pack (I haven't opened it, so the other 6 are still sealed behind Philosopher's Stone)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/HPStamps03.jpg

School crest stamps and presentation folder they came in

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/HPStamps04.jpg

The book stamps inside their presentation folder (the plastic protecting them blurred the Deathly Hallows stamp only in the scan, the stamp itself is fine)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/HPStamps05.jpg

If anyone else wants them, it looks like they're still available here (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/shop?catId=9300091&pageId=shp_prdlist&category=cat48830006)

Good luck! :tmb:
Coolies! I'm not too keen on the children's covers, though. :p They don't release them here, anyway.

L.C
30-07-07, 14:34
Has it finished? =/Just now :D

Lara'sLover
30-07-07, 15:14
How long was Harry's first kiss in the film?

Rivendell
30-07-07, 15:16
Probably around 5-10 seconds.

L.C
30-07-07, 15:18
Probably around 5-10 seconds.Gosh, is that it?

Seemed so much longer :o

L.C
30-07-07, 17:58
They don't release them here, anyway.You can order them from the link, regardless where in the world you reside :)

Lara'sLover
30-07-07, 22:44
Thankoo =]

Angelus
04-08-07, 10:30
I started reading the Philosopher's Stone last night as a complete spur of the moment thing, and I read up to the end of chapter five. JK Rowling's writing style has really progressed over the years! :)

Rivendell
04-08-07, 11:49
I know what you mean Angelus, it's like reading a totally different book isn't it! :D

I've just finished Philosopher's Stone about 10 minutes ago, I'll start Chamber of Secrets again later.

There's so much forshadowing in PS, it's ace! I loved one bit that said 'Harry had the terrible feeling that Snape could read minds.'

And everything good Snape does now has its reason, and every time someone comments on Harry's eyes looking like his mother's, Snape is luckily nowhere around - else he'd have probably started to cry. :p

Angelus
04-08-07, 12:11
Yes, it's like a completely different person, but with a familiar feel to it.

I know that Sirius Black giving Hagrid the motorcycle was referenced in later books, but I never knew that Hagrid actually said "Young Sirius Black lent it to me", or something along those lines.

It's weird reading the first book again, because I know what's going to happen to the characters later on, and the whole story in the Philosopher's Stone seems so... small compared to the bigger arc that will culminate in Deathly Hallows.

Sedge
04-08-07, 18:47
Pfft, I can't stop looking at this.. Probably been posted but yay. :p

Tx1XIm6q4r4

Rivendell
04-08-07, 18:48
:D Excellent video, I never get bored of it somehow! :D

RON! RON! Ron - WEASLEY!

VonCroy360
04-08-07, 18:57
There's so much forshadowing in PS, it's ace! I loved one bit that said 'Harry had the terrible feeling that Snape could read minds.'

Yup, I'm re-reading them all as well, right now I'm at the end of Prisoner, and it's mentioned a few times in this one as well - something about them not blinking when talking to eachother and weird feeling Harry has... :)

Geck-o-Lizard
05-08-07, 10:00
I built the livingroom at Spinner's End (http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2451/spinnersendgy7.jpg) (Snape's house) last night... and it's every bit as bright and cheerful as the man himself. :P

maximum_123
05-08-07, 10:06
WoW! How'd ya do that?! Congrats, Grace :tmb:

Rivendell
05-08-07, 10:29
Brilliant! :eek: How?

Geck-o-Lizard
05-08-07, 10:37
Cinema4D ;)

Rivendell
05-08-07, 10:39
Looks interesting, I'll have to have a look around for it :D

Rivendell
05-08-07, 21:57
Cinema4D ;)

Well you're a bloody genius :p Didn't think it was going to be like Maya.. :pi:

Angelus
05-08-07, 22:11
Read a bit up to page 112 last night - I'll try and finish it tonight if I don't end up watching a DVD. ;)

Lonely Istari
06-08-07, 17:04
Just finished book 7 last night. WOW. SO GOOD! :jmp:

I'm sad though, now that I have absolutely no more Harry Potter books to read lol.

Rivendell
06-08-07, 17:07
We'll have the Encyclopedia Istari :D

Lonely Istari
06-08-07, 17:17
What's this about an encyclopedia?? I noticed it in your sig and I'm quite excited!! Will it be just sort of explaning everything in the books like the creatures and such or is there more to it?

Rivendell
06-08-07, 17:19
I think it's just stuff like:

People's backstories
Cut out information (Think Tolkien's 'Unfinished Tales')
People's futures explained

Just bits here and there that she wanted to include that got cut out / decided not to put in the books.

Can't WAIT!

MrBear
06-08-07, 17:22
Yeah, it'll be great :) I think it was Dean Thomas or Seamus who she said had much more to his background than what was in the books.. just think about all the different things she can put in it :)

VonCroy360
06-08-07, 17:23
I think the encyclopedia is going to be like a real encyclopedia, just with HP stuff: there will be something about every important name, boject or creature in HP world. The cutout parts of the storyline should just be a bouns with it.

Rivendell
06-08-07, 17:26
I think she should release the Tales of Beedle the Bard as a charity book like her other two, AND write it in runes. :tmb:

Heck, it'd still have HUGE sales figures, even if it was released in a script a very small minority would be able to read - but they should give a key to the language in the first few pages so the reader could decipher it all :D

MrBear
06-08-07, 17:28
oh man, that would take years to read :D just flicking back and forth every other second :p I don't think I would read it..... but I would make a patience award to anyone who finishes it ;)

Angelus
06-08-07, 17:33
I would really like to read The Life & Lies of Albus Dumbledore in full! :D

Rivendell
06-08-07, 17:43
She's set herself up for loads of little things she could write!
Life & Lies, Beedle the Bard, Hogwarts: A History, Secrets of the Darkest Art ( :mis: )

Lonely Istari
06-08-07, 18:15
wow, this encycolpedia sounds so great!! :jmp: Any idea when it will be out??

VonCroy360
06-08-07, 19:29
^ JK said she will take it slow, first take a break, and then also continue writing on a few new things.
But it's not like she's making something - most of the encyclopedia is in her head, so I'm guessing she'll complete it in less than a year from when she starts writng. Maybe release it in two years? Three? :confused:

I'm just up to the tri-wizard tournament part in Goblet in my re-reading. :yah:
It's my favourite book...

Rivendell
06-08-07, 20:33
WYjUWSfj7fE

:vlol:

Lonely Istari
07-08-07, 18:41
OMG! rofl!!! that is sooooo wrong but SOOOOOO hilarious!

"Look, I don't know what happened tonight, and I don't know why... It just did."

LMAO :vlol:

L.C
07-08-07, 18:57

LOVE IT!!!!

VonCroy360
07-08-07, 19:02
"No, I... didn't enter."

Lonely Istari
08-08-07, 00:59
I know that the whole world already knows the story now, but I'm sure there are people out there still reading or haven't had the chance to read it yet, so can we post things about book seven in this thread? For instance I found a fan-drawing that I just absolutely love and would like to show it here, but it is sort of a spoiler...

Sedge
08-08-07, 01:30
I laughed at the way he says "Harry Potter.. And the Goblet of Fire.. ;)" with a tone of temptation.. :vlol:

Lonely Istari: I think you could use this topic? :p http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=102353

(It's not that old, though I had to go some pages back.. So I guess it's okay? O.o)

Lonely Istari
08-08-07, 17:32
Thanks Sedge!

Lavinder
08-08-07, 17:46

:vlol:Oh my! Some bits were very well put together.

Lonely Istari
08-08-07, 20:46
At King's Cross on my way to the Hogwarts Express!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mesteele/Europe/Europe359.jpg

Almost there!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mesteele/Europe/Europe355.jpg

Anyone else been to Platform 9 3/4? It's not exactly the right spot, but I thought it was fun that they had this for fans :)

xcrushterx
08-08-07, 20:56
At King's Cross on my way to the Hogwarts Express!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mesteele/Europe/Europe359.jpg

Almost there!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mesteele/Europe/Europe355.jpg

Anyone else been to Platform 9 3/4? It's not exactly the right spot, but I thought it was fun that they had this for fans :)
LOL That is so cool xD I wanna go there :D

L.C
08-08-07, 21:01
Anyone else been to Platform 9 3/4? It's not exactly the right spot, but I thought it was fun that they had this for fans :)Wow! As many times as I've been up to London, I've never known about that. Cheers for that, LI. Will be up again later this month, and will try and get a photo or two myself :tmb:

Lonely Istari
08-08-07, 21:50
LOL That is so cool xD I wanna go there :D

Wow! As many times as I've been up to London, I've never known about that. Cheers for that, LI. Will be up again later this month, and will try and get a photo or two myself :tmb:

It was so cool. We got so excited, acting like giddy children as we were walking through the station and kept getting closer and closer to platforms 8... 9... 10! I felt like I had stepped into the movies too. I'm pretty sure we passed that little sitting area in OotP where Sirius meets with Harry and gives him the picture of the original Order!! Very exciting!! :jmp:

It made it all the more easy to imagine the place in the 7th book too! (for those of you who know what I'm talking about... ;) )

daventry
08-08-07, 23:00
I dont really know much about the Book Order Of The Pheonix, but in the Movie where Luna tells Harry that they are the only ones who can see the Dead Horse/Bird like Creatures, we see later in the Movie that Ron and Hermoine are flying on them, yet they dont yell for dear life because they are flying on Invisible Creatures and how did they know where to get onto them if they cant see the Head.

findme
08-08-07, 23:04
I dont really know much about the Book Order Of The Pheonix, but in the Movie where Luna tells Harry that they are the only ones who can see the Dead Horse/Bird like Creatures, we see later in the Movie that Ron and Hermoine are flying on them, yet they dont yell for dear life because they are flying on Invisible Creatures and how did they know where to get onto them if they cant see the Head.

Harry and Luna helped them to get on. :)

danitiwa
08-08-07, 23:05
Yay! I borrowed the sixth book from my friend, so I don't have to read it in Swedish. :D
I hope it's as good as the last ones...

Oh and BTW: What is it with so many people grouping Lupin and Tonks together? :confused: I go on deviantart and see hundreds of Lovey Dovey pics of them. :/
Harry and Luna helped them to get on. :)

Yeah, I was utterly disappointed though: I really wanted to hear Ron say: This is NOT normal! :yik: Or something, did he say Merlin's Beard or something like that? I can't remember, but still. It was awfully stupid that they didn't give us a hint of the others actually being afraid of riding thin air. Plus they cut tons of good scenes, and I'd like to have seen a lot more of the department of Mysteries. :(

daventry
08-08-07, 23:07
Harry and Luna helped them to get on. :)That wasent shown in the Movie and its a bit confusing seeing them fly on Invisible Creatures with no reaction at all.I was utterly disappointed though: I really wanted to hear Ron say: This is NOT normal! :yik: Or something, did he say Merlin's Beard or something like that? I can't remember, but still. It was awfully stupid that they didn't give us a hint of the others actually being afraid of riding thin air. Plus they cut tons of good scenes, and I'd like to have seen a lot more of the department of Mysteries. :(I hope they make a Special Edtition DVD to add more Scenes so that the Movie wont seem so Confusing at some places

Lavinder
08-08-07, 23:09
Oh and BTW: What is it with so many people grouping Lupin and Tonks together? :confused: I go on deviantart and see hundreds of Lovey Dovey pics of them. :/

Which books have you read love?

findme
08-08-07, 23:12
That wasent shown in the Movie and its a bit confusing seeing them fly on Invisible Creatures, i hope they make a Special Edtition DVD to add more Scenes so that the Movie wont seem so Confusing at some places

Yeap, it was in the book but not the movie.

Yeap I know. The movie sucked imo, the worst of them all. It was rushed, more rushed than other films, unclear and confusing. I mean the book is the longest in the series but yet the movie is shortest movie out of them all? WTF? I hated how they squashed all the multiple happenings like the DA meetings from the book to just one DA scene in the movie. I'm only gonna get the DVD for bonus features, not bothering for the movie. As Emma Watson's overacting annoys me so much in this one and other things in the movie(or not in the movie) ****es me off. I can imagine what JK Rowling's face was like at the premiere.

daventry
08-08-07, 23:15
Yeap, it was in the book but not the movie.

Yeap I know. The movie sucked imo, the worst of them all. It was rushed, more rushed than other films, unclear and confusing. I hated how they squashed all the multiple happenings like the DA meetings from the book to just one DA scene in the movie. I'm only gonna get the DVD for bonus features, not bothering for the movie. As Emma Watson's overacting annoys me so much in this one and other things in the movie(or not in the movie) ****es me off. I can imagine what JK Rowling's face was like at the premiere.We could write to the Director somehow and tell him whats wrong with the Movie and fix it, because i read somewhere that Fans were Furious with a Scene in Spiderman 3, so the Director immediatly fixed it.

daventry
08-08-07, 23:20
I read somewhere that WB or someone is going to Remake the Troll Scene in The Philosoper Stone in the Bathroom or it was another Troll Movie they want to Remake but with Daniel Radcliffe in it.

Imagine Remaking all the Harry Movies, how will they make the Actors Young again for that New Scene. :p

Lavinder
08-08-07, 23:27
how will they make the Actors Young again for that New Scene. :p

Crewdly blame it on a spell gone wrong :p

danitiwa
08-08-07, 23:29
Which books have you read love?
1-5. :wve: I'll probably borrow 7 from My friend too. :D Heh Nat, she's such a Bookworm. :p But we all love her anyways.

Lonely Istari
09-08-07, 03:21
1-5. :wve: I'll probably borrow 7 from My friend too. :D Heh Nat, she's such a Bookworm. :p But we all love her anyways.

You will find out soon about Lupin and Tonks. :)

danitiwa
13-08-07, 11:38
You will find out soon about Lupin and Tonks. :)
Cool thanks, don't go further cause you'll spoil it. :D I'm right were they're celebrating Christmas at the Burrow.

Oh BTW who do you think would be good playing Narcissa in the next movie? I'd have to say I can totally see Meryl Streep as her. :D

Oh found this very cute picture on deviantart: :D

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/022/4/3/narcissa_fangirled_too_by_makani.jpg

Mytly
13-08-07, 20:49
Danitiwa, that's hilarious! :vlol:

Btw, I thought it was confirmed that Naomi Watts was going to be playing Narcissa in HBP? Or was that just a rumour? :confused:

Rivendell
13-08-07, 20:55
Good pic! :D Watts was just a rumor that's been denied.

I had a dream last night that I was running through some government facility full of antiques, and Voldemort & co were chasing a bunch of me and my friends.
Someone gave me a gun, and I kept trying to shoot Voldemort who had us cornered.

Needless to say he wouldn't die no matter how many rounds I pumped into his head, because his horcruxes were still intact!

It was actually quite a disturbing dream!

Natey168
13-08-07, 20:57

I had a dream last night that I was running through some government facility full of antiques, and Voldemort & co were chasing a bunch of me and my friends.
Someone gave me a gun, and I kept trying to shoot Voldemort who had us cornered.

Needless to say he wouldn't die no matter how many rounds I pumped into his head, because his horcruxes were still intact!

Sounds kinda cool..:p I've never had a Harry Potter dream. Want one, though. Hah.
I'm re-reading the series, and reading the first book, you can just tell it was meant to be more of a kids book than it turned out to be, in the end. :p

danitiwa
13-08-07, 21:17

Sounds sort of like the end of the 5th book. :p (The department of Mysteries)
Sounds kinda cool..:p I've never had a Harry Potter dream. Want one, though. Hah.

I had a funny one where I had to design Hermionie a dress for the Beauty Padgent... O.o

I had to fly up into the building on a broom. (which was actually quite a fun feeling.) Aaah riding a broom.

Angelus
13-08-07, 21:22
Is anyone else totally in love with Luna Lovegood? The actress who plays her is just as I imagine Luna - dreamy, floaty voice included! :D

Natey168
13-08-07, 21:24
Is anyone else totally in love with Luna Lovegood? The actress who plays her is just as I imagine Luna - dreamy, floaty voice included! :D
I love her! :D

Rivendell
13-08-07, 22:02
The actress of Luna is fantastic, she's so well suited to her role! :tmb: I can't wait to see more of her in the next one. Probably won't have such a big role though.

And I've had a broom dream too Dani, I was playing Quidditch, and it ROCKED! :jmp:

Legend 4ever
13-08-07, 22:14
The actress of Luna is fantastic, she's so well suited to her role! :tmb: I can't wait to see more of her in the next one. Probably won't have such a big role though.

Yeah, she was amazing. I loved the tone of her voice. Though I got a bit disappointed when I heard that she talks like that, that it is not acting. Still, she is a discovery.

Lavinder
13-08-07, 22:17

I am, there are not enough interviews with her. Can anyone dig up some Youtube videos of her please? :D

Legend 4ever
13-08-07, 22:21
OMG She is older than me. She will be 16 in 2 days. I looove Virgo's.

ThomasCroft
13-08-07, 23:11
I adore Luna's actress.

findme
13-08-07, 23:25
OMG She is older than me. She will be 16 in 2 days. I looove Virgo's.

Wow indeed she is aswell. She looks younger than 16 though.

Izzie404
13-08-07, 23:38

See I'm the sort of guy that will fall for a crazy-like girl like Luna, and she would be perfect. I could see the scene of Harry and her talking while she is feeding the Thestrals to be our first date. :gki:
Oh, and we are the same age.

Natey168
14-08-07, 00:52
APSczwZoxi0
I like it better when she talks slow, like in the movie. :p

Angelus
14-08-07, 11:34
She's sooooo cute! :D

I love the way she skips to the Room of Requirement in the film!

ThomasCroft
14-08-07, 12:38
APSczwZoxi0
I like it better when she talks slow, like in the movie. :p

Awwwww!! I love her!! :hug: :hug:

Lavinder
14-08-07, 12:58
See I'm the sort of guy that will fall for a crazy-like girl like Luna, and she would be perfect. I could see the scene of Harry and her talking while she is feeding the Thestrals to be our first date. :gki:
Oh, and we are the same age.

There should be more people like you in the world :D Not sheep who just follow what everyone else is doing rather than falling in love with a slightly mad girl :D

frostfur452
14-08-07, 13:00
Yeah, she was amazing. I loved the tone of her voice. Though I got a bit disappointed when I heard that she talks like that, that it is not acting. Still, she is a discovery.

Wow, I never knew that ay. That would be hell weird to get used to.

LegenDarY
14-08-07, 15:00
Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?

Haha I love how she goes from one subject into another while talking, she really is like Luna, this dreamy crazy, but yet normal, personality :D.

"My cats, Luna, just had kittens and we called one of them Dumbledore, yeah, they're nice but they're not like the characters" :vlol:

jackali
14-08-07, 15:13
She's great, so crazy! Just like Luna. She is now my favourite young actress now.

VonCroy360
14-08-07, 17:53
Did anyone else think Luna had some kind of feelings for Ron in Order? She calling him 'Ronald' and laughing at anything he says? :)

I'm just re-reading them all, up to OotP. :hug:

L.C
15-08-07, 08:29
Especially for UK fans:

There's a shop in Covent Garden (and a branch in Brighton) which stocks the US version of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans (http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_pmet3/xlc_2137/xdbc_bertie/dbtc_1/pic_1/add_custsearch/stc_0/scope_short#2137), which, from the link's description, are more along the lines of those featured in the books/movies.

Pricey, yes, but may be worth a try?

Oh, and for anyone near London, David Thewlis will be signing his first novel, The Late Hector Kipling, at Waterstone's Picadilly on 4 September.

Rivendell
15-08-07, 08:35
Eurgh! I don't think I'd try the real ones!

The uk ones were enough, with their Radish flavour :p (Quite tasty if I'm honest! ;) )

Cord_Croft
15-08-07, 08:38

And I've had a broom dream too Dani, I was playing Quidditch, and it ROCKED! :jmp:

Oooh, she was brilliant. She was perfect for her role! I was dissapointed when I saw the movie, I expected more of Tonks (she seemed abit boring xD) and Bellatrix

But yeah, Luna was ace :jmp:

Mytly
15-08-07, 14:15
Did anyone else think Luna had some kind of feelings for Ron in Order? She calling him 'Ronald' and laughing at anything he says? :)

I'm just re-reading them all, up to OotP. :hug:
Yeah, she definitely had a crush on him in OotP (she laughs at his jokes, stares at him, offers to carry his owl - all in the space of one chapter). But she apparently gets over him by HBP - she mentions that she noticed he could be rather unkind sometimes.

Sweet&SourLara
15-08-07, 14:19
Luna is funny i think ill get some pudding

Reggie
17-08-07, 10:32
Ok own up everyone. Who has a thing for Bellatrix Lestrange - Especially after Helena's performance in the recent film?

Just me then? :/

Angelus
17-08-07, 10:33
Ok own up everyone. Who has a thing for Bellatrix Lestrange - Especially after Helena's performance in the recent film?

*Puts hand up* :D

I've always liked Helena Bonham Carter anyway.

:off: She's pregnant with her second child.

danitiwa
17-08-07, 10:35

Umm, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK!? *Looks at avatar*
Helena Bonham Carter is my favorite actress. :rolleyes: And I so do love evil characters like myself. :D

Angelus: Really? Well Congrats to her. :D May her and Tim live on happily. :hug:

Rivendell
17-08-07, 10:35
Bellatrix rules! :cln: :D Lol, the way it's going, we really DO need to form some sort of Bellatrix Fan Club :jmp:

Angelus
17-08-07, 10:36
Bellatrix rules! :cln: :D Lol, the way it's going, we really DO need to form some sort of Bellatrix Fan Club :jmp:

I'd definitely sign up to that! :jmp:

danitiwa
17-08-07, 10:37
I'd definitely sign up to that! :jmp:

Same here! :jmp: Am I the only girl who likes her lol? Who else here is a girl? :vlol:
http://www.ffksupporter.net/FCKeditor_2.0rc3/editor/images/smiley/ffksupporter/bow.gifBella RULEZ LIEK HEALLhttp://www.ffksupporter.net/FCKeditor_2.0rc3/editor/images/smiley/ffksupporter/bow.gif

Angelus
17-08-07, 10:41
Same here! :jmp: Am I the only girl who likes her lol? Who else here is a girl? :vlol:
http://www.ffksupporter.net/FCKeditor_2.0rc3/editor/images/smiley/ffksupporter/bow.gifBella RULEZ LIEK HEALLhttp://www.ffksupporter.net/FCKeditor_2.0rc3/editor/images/smiley/ffksupporter/bow.gif

Lol, I think you're the only girl in the thread at the moment! :p

danitiwa
17-08-07, 10:44
Lol, I think you're the only girl in the thread at the moment! :p

*cries* lol

You guys who like HP might wanna see this, it's hella funny. :vlol:

zfCNdlqVqZA

Angelus
17-08-07, 10:46
:vlol: His arm at the beginning!

VonCroy360
17-08-07, 10:57
Uhm... Now raise hand everyone who don't like Bella?
Loks like it's just me on this one...

I'll stick to the good side. They're the one who win at the eventually. :p And stay alive. :p

Reggie
17-08-07, 10:57
Haha at least its not just me then :D
But really...I guess you just can't avoid the fact she's teh sex :p

Ok I'll stop there...

Cool vid btw Dani!

danitiwa
17-08-07, 10:59

I'll stick to the good side. They're the one who win at the eventually. :p And stay alive. :p

Bella stays alive in DH right? :cln: Cause I know all the names that die already, (By accident I might add.)

Tonks
Mad eye
Dobby
Hedwig
Snape
Ummm dang I can't remember, and I guess that's a good thing. :vlol:

Rivendell
17-08-07, 11:01
Let's keep spoilers to the DH spoiler thread please! :ton:

I think it was a shame lots of Bella was cut from OOTP - remember that footage of her taunting in mid-duel by pulling tongues? :D

Angelus
17-08-07, 11:02
Bella stays alive in DH right? :cln: Cause I know all the names that die already, (By accident I might add.)

[...]

That's not all of them. ;)

EDIT: I loved the way she was giggling whle running away from Harry!

danitiwa
17-08-07, 11:09
Let's keep spoilers to the DH spoiler thread please! :ton:

I think it was a shame lots of Bella was cut from OOTP - remember that footage of her taunting in mid-duel by pulling tongues? :D

Yeah, and I wanted to see ron's "Battle of Brains!" :vlol: If you know what I mean. Shame though, she was supposed to Call Harry "Baby Potty!" and everything! But noo, the sceneographers just had to cut half the book out! :hea:

VonCroy360
17-08-07, 11:13
I just found an awesome comic on DeviantArt, a big spoiler, but I thought I'd post it here as it's Bellatrix related. Anyone seen this one? :vlol:

WARNING: EXTREME SPOILERS!

Click this (http://buuya.deviantart.com/art/DH-Bellatrix-Le*****-goes-Boom-60826538) and change the asterixes in the address to you know what word :p.

danitiwa
17-08-07, 11:23
She looks sick in that picture. O.o

OH guys look what I found:

I love this person's art! Whoever she/he is, it's all brilliant!

http://makani.deviantart.com/art/Leaky-s-Widget-pics-46664400

aaw this one's shweet:
http://makani.deviantart.com/art/fanart100-work-49129258

:vlol: :vlol:
Valentine's at the Malfoy's
http://makani.deviantart.com/art/the-malfoys-valentine-s-day-48795182

Aaw mini Draco:
http://makani.deviantart.com/art/fanart100-lightening-25175343

Sirius BlacK marvelously done
http://makani.deviantart.com/art/sirius-black-commish-12289099
Aaw looks just wiek my doggie. :hug:

:vlol: Funniest one ever!
http://makani.deviantart.com/art/team-spirit-8212186

Rivendell
17-08-07, 12:38
Yay! More Bellapix! :D (See what I did there? ;) )

(Real photos)
http://www.movieprints.co.uk/lowres/57/main/1/199777.jpg

http://www.movieprints.co.uk/lowres/57/main/1/199765.jpg

:jmp:

peffect
17-08-07, 12:48
Bella Bella! :jmp:

http://makani.deviantart.com/art/Leaky-s-Widget-pics-46664400

Amazing! :tmb:

Geck-o-Lizard
17-08-07, 13:30
Makani's art is brilliant. :D

Here's her illustrations of the first few chapters of Half-Blood Prince:
http://acciobrain.ligermagic.com/projecthbp.php
I love her Bellatrix in the second chapter. XD

danitiwa
17-08-07, 13:31
Yay! More Bellapix! :D (See what I did there? ;) )

(Real photos)
http://www.movieprints.co.uk/lowres/57/main/1/199777.jpg

http://www.movieprints.co.uk/lowres/57/main/1/199765.jpg

:jmp:
Trying to create a diverson eh? Well it won't wo...AAah she's sooooo coooool... XD
Bella Bella! :jmp:

Amazing! :tmb:

You guys should see them all, some are so funny. :D
Makani is her name, she's a wonderful artist. :tmb:

star girl
17-08-07, 13:37
I like Bella - Bella pwetty! :p

But I like Bellanitssa more - Bellenitssa silly! :ton:

danitiwa
17-08-07, 17:31
I had a shot at drawing her, but it turned out as more of a Caricature. :vlol:

http://i17.************/4qhgtno.jpg
She looks REALLY crazy in that one. :D

Mytly
17-08-07, 20:51

*Raises hand*
Yup, the good side for me too. :p

I honestly have no idea what's so fascinating about the bad characters in HP or in real life. :confused: Can some of the Bella fans here explain just what's so cool about her? If it's just Helena Bonham-Carter, then I understand ;), but what's so great about the character? :confused:

:vlol: Funniest one ever!
http://makani.deviantart.com/art/team-spirit-8212186

:vlol: "5 sickles on McGonagall"!

L.C
17-08-07, 21:04
Ok own up everyone. Who has a thing for Bellatrix Lestrange - Just me then? :/http://www.msnpro.com/arrows/2.gif

http://www.msnpro.com/arrows/1.gifhttp://www.smileyhut.com/signs/arrow.gifhttp://www.smileyhut.com/signs/arrow.gifhttp://www.smileyhut.com/signs/arrow.gif (http://www.smileyhut.com)http://www.smileyhut.com/signs/arrow.gif (http://www.smileyhut.com)

Need you ask, Reggie? :D

But I wouldn't call it a thing, (I'll save that for Severus :p), just a deep admiration.

Geck-o-Lizard
17-08-07, 21:27
I honestly have no idea what's so fascinating about the bad characters in HP or in real life. :confused: Can some of the Bella fans here explain just what's so cool about her? If it's just Helena Bonham-Carter, then I understand ;), but what's so great about the character? :confused:

She's hilarious. She's absolutely bat-guano insane, and everything she does is deliciously expressive because of that. :D

Check the link to Makani/Acciobrain I posted. Chapter 2 (http://acciobrain.ligermagic.com/ch2.php) shows Bella and she's exactly the way I pictured her myself. XD

danitiwa
17-08-07, 21:44
Check the link to Makani/Acciobrain I posted. Chapter 2 (http://acciobrain.ligermagic.com/ch2.php) shows Bella and she's exactly the way I pictured her myself. XD

Same here, I don't really like the very curly hair, I imagined it straight, and I imagined her face long, and kind of snobby looking, exactly how Makani portrays her. I SO love makani's drawings, her style too is absoloutely brilliant. She's like my drawing IDOL. :jmp:

Real Life Raider
21-08-07, 00:18
At last! I've been trying to get hold of a genuine (new & uncursed)) copy of this book for ages! Today I got one! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/RobBo-imagick/UTF-8BMjEwODA3LTAwMDEuanBn.jpg

From Waterstones, Trafford Centre, Manchester UK. :jmp:

danitiwa
21-08-07, 12:10
At last! I've been trying to get hold of a genuine (new & uncursed)) copy of this book for ages! Today I got one! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/RobBo-imagick/UTF-8BMjEwODA3LTAwMDEuanBn.jpg

Oh I am so jealous! http://i10.************/6788vog.gif

Has any one noticed something? James+Lily, Harry+Ginny= Darkhaired+Redhead :jmp: Same haircolors! :vlol:

And then Giny Lily

Yesterday I read the part where Dumbledore dies late at night, and I actually had some water in my eyes. :(

peffect
21-08-07, 20:09
I saw Helena Bonham Carter yesterday! :jmp:

I mean in a movie, Live In Bagdad!
She was stunning and I liked her acting, what made me for the first time watch a film I was not interested in!
What a lovely wo-man! :D

danitiwa
21-08-07, 20:15
I can't beleive what a whimp I am! I cried from a book! :vlol:
Still, Dumbledore's death is very well written by J.K and then all these revelations come along like Tonks/Lupin, it's too much to bear! :p

And then maybe it was cause the time was 3:00 in the morning.

Joe_16
21-08-07, 20:39
Right peeps, I finally decided to read the books. I have made my way through the first four. Really good stuff. I can't read the fifth one yet because i'm absolutely skint and I don't know anyone who has it!

danitiwa
21-08-07, 20:42
Right peeps, I finally decided to read the books. I have made my way through the first four. Really good stuff. I can't read the fifth one yet because i'm absolutely skint and I don't know anyone who has it!
They're really good: All of them. The movies are really annoying because they cut some really good stuff. Especially OOTP, I really really wanted to see Ron and the Brains. :(

And I suggest not to read too many posts in here cause it's overflowing with spoilers. :vlol:

troy tr
21-08-07, 20:42

You should get Quidditch through the ages too!:D I was lucky I found them:jmp:they're rare nowadays..

and good for you joe,read them books.

Joe_16
21-08-07, 20:46
They're really good: All of them. The movies are really annoying because they cut some really good stuff. Especially OOTP, I really really wanted to see Ron and the Brains. :(

And I suggest not to read too many posts in here cause it's overflowing with spoilers. :vlol:

It's okay, I already know what happens unfortunately! I was told by a friend who has already read it! I have seen all the films, but never really had any interest of reading the books. I've just had alot of time on my hands recently and needed something to keep me occupied. Didn't really think i'ld enjoy them but I am enjoying them alot more than the films.

danitiwa
21-08-07, 20:48
It's okay, I already know what happens unfortunately! I was told by a friend who has already read it! I have seen all the films, but never really had any interest of reading the books. I've just had alot of time on my hands recently and needed something to keep me occupied. Didn't really think i'ld enjoy them but I am enjoying them alot more than the films.

Me too, but the films are a nice treat when you finish the books. :p

Real Life Raider: Does it have pictures or is it just writing?

Rivendell
21-08-07, 20:52
I can't beleive what a whimp I am! I cried from a book! :vlol:

And you're how old? And you're a girl? You think that's bad - I was 17 when I read HBP, and I cried so much through the last 50 or so pages of the book! :eek:

TombRaiderLover
And you're how old? And you're a girl? You think that's bad - I was 17 when I read HBP, and I cried so much through the last 50 or so pages of the book! :eek:

Must . . . not . . . laugh. :mis: :p

tr_rocks
omg i want the second book soooo bad like ive read the 1 1 now i need the 2 lol

danitiwa
21-08-07, 20:55
So now we know... Snape is Eeebuuulll... :pi:
I hated him from the beginning.

I'm 13. :vlol: *hands Chris a hankie* It helps, it really helps. (I've always had a thing for Remus.)

Lol there's a good picture on Dev Art which says: Why we all love Remus Lupin:

1.He's always got chocolate, and he's willing to share. :D
2.He's good looking
3.He totally kicked Lucius' butt in the DOM.
4.He's the only DADA teacher that doesn't hurt Harry (not intentionaly anyways.)
:vlol: Why does the initial DADA always make me laugh? :vlol:

Must . . . not . . . laugh. :mis: :p
You won't be laughing when all the girls crowd around him, you know we love Sensetive types. :p
omg i want the second book soooo bad like ive read the 1 1 now i need the 2 lol
You can get it in like every book store/Library, if you just look hard enough. ;)

The Great Chi
21-08-07, 21:39
Well it took a month but I finished the final book at last :D

What I want to know, is that this was the final battle of life and death proportions and the goodies are still using minor spells and the baddies are using killing and maiming spell's, crazy or what :hea:

It should have been a time for Harry and friends to really start kicking butt, and use tha 'Avra kadava' spell on all those death eaters, insead of pussy footing around :p

Trouble with JKR is that her pholosophy seems to be 'good can win over evil but at a very heavy price' :(

Mind you the book will make a great film ;)

danitiwa
21-08-07, 21:41
Chi, there's a whole Deathly Hallows thread screaming at you. >.<

Rivendell
21-08-07, 21:41
What I want to know, is that this was the final battle of life and death proportions and the goodies are still using minor spells and the baddies are using killing and maiming spell's, crazy or what :hea:

It should have been a time for Harry and friends to really start kicking butt, and use tha 'Avra kadava' spell on all those death eaters, insead of pussy footing around :p

Yes! YES! I wanted them to actually start fighting fire with fire, not with a water pistol.

danitiwa
21-08-07, 21:43
Yes! YES! I wanted them to actually start fighting fire with fire, not with a water pistol.

Exactly, I find that annoying too though. How come the Death Eaters get the killing spell and they don't? Not that I'm complaining or anything. :p It comes In handy. :mis: Still, It's a bit unfair. I mean it's self defence and that wouldn't be against ministry laws right?

Ada the Mental
21-08-07, 21:48
I suppose that the Order and/or the teachers did use the Unforgivables...They must have used them. But yeah, I was a bit disappointed, too, by the lack of "dirty hands". At least we got a proper Crucio! :D

Rivendell
21-08-07, 21:49
Probably not, Dani.

It's just JK's way of Really not wanting the good guys to be seen as evil. I mean, even the baddies who are killed by the goodies in this book don't get Avada Kedavra'd.

Ada the Mental
21-08-07, 21:51
Probably not, Dani.

It's just JK's way of Really not wanting the good guys to be seen as evil. I mean, even the baddies who are killed by the goodies in this book don't get Avada Kedavra'd.

>>I thought that Molly got to AK'd that Bella-*****!<<

ThomasCroft
21-08-07, 22:06
^ Did she?! o_O

Ada the Mental
21-08-07, 22:09
^ Did she?! o_O

Well it wasn't specified...but I think it was obvious she did.

Rivendell
21-08-07, 22:10
Well it wasn't specified...but I think it was obvious she did.

Yep. It's implied that she does - but she doesn't say it, and if I remember correctly it doesn't even say Green flash does it?