PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be an AODLE?

cococomics_pres
05-08-06, 05:07
I was just thinking about how badly a lot of us here would love to see the rest of the AOD story line played out in the other two games, and then I was thinking about the article tlr online posted a while back about the whole TR:AE controversy.

In that article the author gave his own opinions of what happened, including the fact that Core may have leaked their own trailer for TRAE.

That got me to thinking that there may be a chance for a AOD level editor to be released by them sometime in the future, after all what will they do with the engine now if it still exists?

I think it would be great if this could happen and they included all the original moves and features Lara was SUPPOSED to have in the original TRAOD.

Do you think this could happen or am I simply dreaming and wishing?

Blackmoor
05-08-06, 05:23
That's an excellent idea! All those amazing LE people out there could finish AoD for us AND ...run off a few Kurtis games too... :tmb:

I don't see why they can't sell it. They wring every last penny/cent/euro they can out of the IP...

And I think it'd sell well... *holds hand full of coins under Eidos's nose* :whi:

And it's just the thing to pacify the backlash grumblers/betrayed fans (depending on your viewpt) too...

Yes please. :)

Rivendell
05-08-06, 07:56
I'd love that so much! :D

tweetygwee
05-08-06, 08:16
I'd love it! AOD is great, it needs continuation and I'd certainly be making lots of levels.

GodOfLight
05-08-06, 08:50
yes it would be nice... however, the old LE engine we#re all still using is actually much better and less buggy then the AOD one. and now, with all the programs and patches out there for the old LE we can create beautiful environments that rival AOD and often even rival legend :D

sam_raider_05
05-08-06, 11:53
yes it would be nice... however, the old LE engine we#re all still using is actually much better and less buggy then the AOD one. and now, with all the programs and patches out there for the old LE we can create beautiful environments that rival AOD and often even rival legend :D

Good point, and of course the character controls would need to be tweaked if an AOD LE was released. I'd love it if somebody remade the whole of AOD on the current LE - and maybe even a sequel..... *hint hint*

VonCroy360
05-08-06, 12:47
Great idea; they could give it on an aditional disc with TRAE...
I'm not very good in level editing, but I would love to play others' levels... :ton:

NatlaIndustries
05-08-06, 14:20

I agree, takes skill but great fun..WOO HOO that was until my drive got wiped by a friends gif image. I wonder if he got out of the closet, Oh no that was 3 years ago...have to go now!!!!!!

rika2
05-08-06, 14:31

ditto

Blackmoor
05-08-06, 19:11
I'd love it if somebody remade the whole of AOD on the current LE - and maybe even a sequel..... *hint hint*That is a good idea too, I would love that! Maybe add a few extra bits to the Louvre level and Prague city. Would be great. :tmb:

Angelx14
05-08-06, 19:15
I'd love that so much! :D

Ditto. Just the same what Rivendell said.:D

Assassino
05-08-06, 19:23
Fab idea!:D

Tomb Raider Master
05-08-06, 22:14
AOD LE? With the controls the same as in AOD? I don't know... But at least it would be nice to see. :p

I'd like to see Legend LE... :whi:

cococomics_pres
06-08-06, 03:46
AOD LE? With the controls the same as in AOD? I don't know... But at least it would be nice to see. :p

I'd like to see Legend LE... :whi:

Well I don't know about controls, if all the orignal animations and moves were included they'd probably be a bit different. I definately can't make the fantastic levels some others can on the current LE so I doubt I'd be any good at the AOD LE, but I'd still love to play AOD and its sequals as created by TR fans perhaps even in this very forum community! And I think if it were announced as being included with TRAE a lot more people may buy it!

lara_fanatic
06-08-06, 04:31
Kurtis is a LOSER!!!