PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed from Joseph!

Crofty_Tomb
10-08-06, 10:26
I decided to play TRL and I got to play it a bit and it freezed, the screen went black and TRL minimized to the taskbar then this message came up.

VPU Recover
VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was
no longer responding to graphics driver commands.
Please tell Ati Technologies about this The generated error report contains only system information
such as driver version AGP settings, graphics fram buffer size, etc.
that will be used to analyze the problem. This report will be
treated as anonymous.

Send Error Report Dont send

Please help.. I cant post anything in the forum cause Im not on my computer but if you want I can check something on my computer and post it here.

Crofty_Tomb
10-08-06, 10:28
Oh and this is my graphic card (its new, I didnt have problems like these with the old one..)

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9550 256MB DDR MEMORY

Joseph
10-08-06, 10:50
It's a hiccup (can have many causes).
What happened: ATI's VPU Recover restores your graphics to standard mode for the moment, so that you can proceed what you were doing on your PC.
Better is to restart PC, often the problem will be gone.

Possible (of many) causes:
-overheat of hardware (graphic card / CPU)
-graphic card received not enough power
-PC got a bump (when you hit the case by accident)
- ... many causes (let's wait till it happens more often)

Crofty_Tomb
10-08-06, 11:02
Thanks.... When we got my computer back from the store we went to my grandma's and left it in the car.. it was hot.. But it was in the shade. We went home and put the computer in my room and then put the air condition on and I thought It wouldn't have a problem... are you sure cause Its been nights now that it has been in the air condition. Am I supposed to wait for months or something? Please tell me and thanks for the quick update :hug:

Joseph
10-08-06, 11:24
No, if the cause was (occasional) overheat or a bump, just a reboot should do it, normally. Than it should work within a minute at the optimal performance you were used to. :)

Crofty_Tomb
10-08-06, 15:43
I played TRL again today but this time it freezed and the screen went black and the screen button was orange (so the screen isn't the problem) and the PC was still running... Please help. What do I do if the graphic card didnt receive enough power? Or is this another problem? please help

Joseph
10-08-06, 15:52
Please post your dxdiag report so we can see your Legend settings:
click on following link Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) , select to Run it, then post the complete results into your next reply? :)

Crofty_Tomb
10-08-06, 15:55
Im not on my computer... I dont have an interenet but if you want I can check in a certain area (a pic that might show me where I should look :confused: ). I dont think TRL is the problem because my FX 5200 didnt have a problem like this.

Crofty_Tomb
10-08-06, 16:04
Is it possible?!

Crofty_Tomb
10-08-06, 16:54
can you help?

Hybrid Soldier
10-08-06, 17:39
Im not on my computer... I dont have an interenet but if you want I can check in a certain area (a pic that might show me where I should look :confused: ). I dont think TRL is the problem because my FX 5200 didnt have a problem like this.

Wait, do you have a GeForce 5200?

EscondeR
10-08-06, 18:33
Crofty came across this problem on ATI Radeon VB, and said had no on GeForce one... ;) So the problem is still on ATI GPU. Let's wait for diagnose.exe report as Joseph suggested.