PDA

View Full Version : Programing Thread

laracroft2122
13-08-06, 14:32
Welcome to the programing thread :wve:

rika2
13-08-06, 14:32
I'm learning Basic... more specifically, DarkBasic...

laracroft2122
13-08-06, 14:34
I know C++, VB, PHP, HTML and a few more

Mad Tony
13-08-06, 15:00
Recomend any good tutorial sites?
I'm learning HTML and C++.

Shark_Blade
13-08-06, 16:41
~Same with me. I also learn XHTML, C, ABAP.

Mad Tony
13-08-06, 16:48
~Same with me. I also learn XHTML, C, ABAP.
Where did you lean them?

Shark_Blade
13-08-06, 16:53
in my university:)

Mad Tony
13-08-06, 16:58
in my university:)
Oh ok.
Know any good websites that do tutorials for leaning programing languages?

Catlantean
13-08-06, 17:19
I know more programming languages than I can use, have even written my own compiler (was a faculty project). But those I use the most are C/C++ and Java for faculty assignments, PHP for websites, and C# whenever I have a choice :)

For learning, if you have never programmed before I recommend to start with Pascal. Or if you want to go Windows right away, C#. C or C++ as the absolute first programming language, never.

As for tutorials, nothing beats the chosen programming language's help files :)

Apofiss
13-08-06, 18:12
Uhhh C/C++ >< ...why not to go with Delphi 7 (click and go!) I call it burst-development :D

Catlantean
13-08-06, 19:55
Delphi is good too. Was my personal favourite for years, but then C# came along :)

Python is also a very good, though often overlooked language. Haven't used it much because my faculty prefers (read: enforces) C/C++ and Java, but there are some neat game libraries for it.

Cochrane
13-08-06, 20:30
Objective-C is a very nice language, too. Sadly, you'd have to be a little mad to use it on anything but Mac OS X, but you can access all of C, C++, and also have an object system that is close to as dynamic as things like python, but much faster because it's all natively compiled code. Together with Cocoa, Apple's system library, it's just real fun to work with. In comparison, C++ and Delphi just look like big heaps of ugly and/or bloated stuff to me. As for Delphi, well, I hate typing "begin" and "end" all day. And of course, that it is not available on Macs.

mentos
13-08-06, 22:17
Recomend any good tutorial sites?
I'm learning HTML and C++.

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/language/tutorial/introduction.html

Mad Tony
13-08-06, 22:44
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/language/tutorial/introduction.html
Thanks for the link ;)
I'll check this one out.

pedrokas23
14-08-06, 14:11
I'm learning Basic and C++. If you guys want a good site, go to http://gpwiki.org/ and choose the topics you want for tutorials.

Night_Heaven
14-08-06, 14:23
Yea yea....ihm...sure...this will be another language right?Html prm bbl kkl is ok?I know c++-d= cd++ pmm...:tea:

jamieoliver22
14-08-06, 14:36
Yea yea....ihm...sure...this will be another language right?Html prm bbl kkl is ok?I know c++-d= cd++ pmm... Pardon?

Anyway, like I said in the computer thread in general chat, I know HTML, PHP, CSS, VB, little C++. I want to learn more of C++ in the future and really get into programming..

IIf you guys want a good site, go to http://gpwiki.org/ and choose the topics you want for tutorials.

That site looks pretty good btw, thanks for the link! :D

Jamie.

PS, why is this in this forum btw? Its not exactly directly related to gaming? :p

Andromeda66
14-08-06, 17:22
I've done C, C++, BASIC and now I'm learning Java and VB.

Mad Tony
14-08-06, 18:45
I've done C, C++, BASIC and now I'm learning Java and VB.
In College?

I wanna get into programing when i'm older.

Elysia
14-08-06, 20:04
Does WeiDU count? (program used in Infinity Engine Modding) :tea:

Tomb Raider Master
14-08-06, 20:08
I have been learning about programming for only one year, so I know how to do some business in Pascal. :)

irjudd
15-08-06, 20:01
Taught myself HTML, Java and PHP

Andromeda66
16-08-06, 13:41
In College?

I wanna get into programing when i'm older.

Well I did C/C++ and am doing Java and VB in college. I did Basic in school.

You can start off now as well if you like. Basic is fairly easy. Anyway if you take up Computer Science when you're older, you'll have to learn programming languages. :wve: