PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS

Rivendell
14-08-06, 11:13
:wve:

Have many people got DS' here then?

I'm hoping to get a DS for my birthday, as I really Really want the new Super Mario Bros, as it looks like an utterly great nostalgic trip :tmb:

The other games I want are Resident Evil Deadly Silence (another remake of RE1?) , I might give legend a go on DS as it looks quite different, and most of all I'm gagging to have a go at Final Fantasy 3 remade with FF7 style graphics :D

Are there any other games that you'd reccomend?

raiderfun
14-08-06, 11:14
never !
because the graphics are medium , and the price is expensive .... i prefer the PSP than this ! ;)

Rivendell
14-08-06, 11:21
Logically I'm more of a Playstation fan than a Nintendo, but I have nothing against either - I wanted a PsP, but the only thing I really want for PsP is Ff7 Core Crisis, whereas I want more than that for DS, and graphics don't define the games for me. If I wanted good graphics I'd buy a next gen console.

Plus DS's are a lot cheaper ;)

raiderfun
14-08-06, 11:22
Logically I'm more of a Playstation fan than a Nintendo, but I have nothing against either - I wanted a PsP, but the only thing I really want for PsP is Ff7 Core Crisis, whereas I want more than that for DS, and graphics don't define the games for me. If I wanted good graphics I'd buy a next gen console.

Plus DS's are a lot cheaper ;)
yes , it's cheaper , that's the advantage ! ;)

Rivendell
14-08-06, 11:23
Ooh I forgot about that Brain tester thing as well, I really love the idea of that - it sounds really cool :tmb:

Lenochka
14-08-06, 11:29
i want a DS... i want to get legend for it when it comes out hehe.

TombRaiderLover
14-08-06, 11:33
My friend has one, and Ultimate Spiderman is great on it.

raiderfun
14-08-06, 11:39
i want a DS... i want to get legend for it when it comes out hehe.
the graphics are weird !

Alive_and_Funky
14-08-06, 11:40
My sister has a DS and I recommend:

Super Mario 64 DS
Nintendogs
Wario Ware

Lenochka
14-08-06, 11:43
the graphics are weird !

so? the graphics on super mario bros. are wierd too... To me graphics dont matter as much as gameplay... if it looks good im gonna get it... so there for im gonna get...

Rivendell
14-08-06, 12:01
Thanks for the suggestions guys!!

legend on DS is developed by someone other than CD isn't it? I think I read that somewhere, besides graphics some parts look quite TRy, so I'll give it a try when that comes out I think :D

raiderfun
14-08-06, 12:09
Thanks for the suggestions guys!!

legend on DS is developed by someone other than CD isn't it? I think I read that somewhere, besides graphics some parts look quite TRy, so I'll give it a try when that comes out I think :D
but the scenario is different !

Rivendell
14-08-06, 12:12
What do you mean by scenario?

Twiin
14-08-06, 12:19
How about Animal Crossing: Wild World? You've gotta get that, a friend of mine has it and it's really fun. I'm planning on getting a DS soon, too.
This may sound very childish/nerdish and whatnot, but I've always liked the Pokemon games. And the two new ones coming out next year, I'll definately be getting.

Alive_and_Funky
14-08-06, 12:22
This may sound very childish/nerdish and whatnot, but I've always liked the Pokemon games. And the two new ones coming out next year, I'll definately be getting.

I like them too. I might have about 7-10 Pokémon games.

Twiin
14-08-06, 12:23
Pokemon isn't as childish as people think - there's a lot of strategy involved. ;) I have a load of the old games, too!

K.J
14-08-06, 14:41
I got a DS and a PSP. I never use the PSP only the DS. Graphic is'nt everything:)

Mister Croft
14-08-06, 14:45
I have a DS, i dont care about graphics, its the gameplay that counts:)
Someone playing Nintendogs?

K.J
14-08-06, 14:48
I have a DS, i dont care about graphics, its the gameplay that counts:)
Someone playing Nintendogs?

My sister got Nintendogs and she is 28:) I tried it once and it was very good actually. Maybe I get a copy of Nintendogs too=)

Night Crawler
14-08-06, 15:46
I'd recommend Mario Kart DS. It's fun to play online and has the classic Snes, N64 and GameCube tracks, not to mention loads of new ones. :tmb:

Other great Games are:

Animal Crossing: Wild World
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Sonic Rush
Meteos
Trauma Center
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS
WarioWare
Brain Training
Lost in Blue
Another Code: Two Memories
Tetris DS

badboy70
14-08-06, 16:08
i have one, my games :
new super mario bros
king kong
mario kart
super mario 64 ds
splinter cell
lost in blue
nintendogs : chihuaha and friends
metroid prime hunters : first hunt demo :p

Virusbuster
14-08-06, 21:51
I gave one to my brother as a present last christmas, with Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Can't say I'm too fond of the game, nor the system...

K.J
14-08-06, 21:57
I gave one to my brother as a present last christmas, with Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Can't say I'm too fond of the game, nor the system...

Sport and driving games are best on PSP, except for Mario Kart DS. You should have given him MK DS instead:)

LaraCablara
14-08-06, 22:21
Ah, I love my DS :)

I have

Mario kart
Mario and Luigi
New Super Mario Bros
Mario 64
Trauma Center
Ouendan
Animal Crossing x2
Diagasso
Nintendogs
Brain Age
Kirby Canvas Curse
First Hunt Demo

I love Trauma Center and Ouendan :) Though my favorite is Animal Crossing! I even got two of them so me and my sister could visit each other.

Zelda master
15-08-06, 10:34
I got a DS lite:cln: its damn HOT!!!

and the game that i have,

Mario kart
Mario 64
Trauma Center
Animal Crossing
Metroit Prime Hunters, First Hunt Demo
Metroit Prime Hunters
Another Code(trace memory)

and more with i forgot:tea:

Lavinder
15-08-06, 16:47
My moms friends daughter came round today with her Nintendo DS with the dog game! So cute!!!

badboy70
15-08-06, 16:50
My moms friends daughter came round today with her Nintendo DS with the dog game! So cute!!!
nintendogs :D what version ?

raiderfun
15-08-06, 16:58
nintendogs :D what version ?
what nintendogs ? :confused:

Night Crawler
15-08-06, 17:16
Nintendogs is crap. It's ok for about 5 minutes but then you find yourself doing the same things over and over again and the game becomes more of a chore than anything else. Not to mention the puppies remain puppies forever...what's with that? Would be much more interesting if they got older and eventually died lol, you'd feel more for them.

Lenochka
15-08-06, 17:24
Nintendogs is crap. It's ok for about 5 minutes but then you find yourself doing the same things over and over again and the game becomes more of a chore than anything else. Not to mention the puppies remain puppies forever...what's with that? Would be much more interesting if they got older and eventually died lol, you'd feel more for them.

Indeed i played it for like 8 minutes and was bored... there is just nothing to do...

badboy70
15-08-06, 17:31
yes there is, you only need to go for long walks and stuff, i have planes, cars...

Night Crawler
Does anyone wanna swap friend codes for Animal Crossing, Mario Kart or Tetris?

Hybrid Soldier
never !
because the graphics are medium , and the price is expensive .... i prefer the PSP than this ! ;)

Umm...PSP is a lot more then a DS.

badboy70
15-08-06, 17:34
Does anyone wanna swap friend codes for Animal Crossing, Mario Kart or Tetris?
me ! mario kart : 137509 809198

raiderfun
15-08-06, 17:35
Umm...PSP is a lot more then a DS.
sorry it is !

Night Crawler
15-08-06, 17:37
me ! mario kart : 137509 809198Mine is:

107450 - 181736

Do you wanna have a quick race now? :D

badboy70
15-08-06, 17:42
Mine is:

107450 - 181736

Do you wanna have a quick race now? :D
i'll see if my conection works, i have some troubles with it:p
edit : i ain't a good racer :D online, that is

Night Crawler
15-08-06, 17:44
edit : i ain't a good racer :D online, that isYou don't need to be, that's what items are for :mis:

badboy70
15-08-06, 17:45
all set, wonna race ?
edit : it's searching

badboy70
15-08-06, 17:47
are you "sickboy" ?

Night Crawler
15-08-06, 17:50
Yeah, I just lost! :( Noooooooooooooooooo! :p

badboy70
15-08-06, 17:53
and again :D

Night Crawler
15-08-06, 17:59
Lmao, I'm so embarrassed! It's been so long since I played. I blew us both up with a blue shell rofl. :D

badboy70
15-08-06, 18:00
Night Crawler : won 1 race
babdoy70 : won 3 races

correct ?

Night Crawler
Yes :o No need to rub it in :mad: ;)

badboy70
Lmao, I'm so embarrassed! It's been so long since I played. I blew us both up with a blue shell rofl. :D
i know, i needed to laugh when (you bounced against someting ( luigi's mansion ) in the graeyard or someting :D
edit : in the last race a shooted a green shell towars you but it missed you and a few "goes very fast thingys" it hit me :p

Night Crawler
15-08-06, 18:02
i know, i needed to laugh when (you bounced against someting ( luigi's mansion ) in the graeyard or someting :DI was trying to use a mushroom to boost through the slime lmao, I ended up crashing straight into something and couldn't move for about 3 seconds! :o

badboy70
15-08-06, 18:02
I was trying to use a mushroom to boost through the slime lmao, I ended up crashing straight into something and couldn't move for about 3 seconds! :o
play again or quit ?

Night Crawler
15-08-06, 18:04
play again or quit ?I can't right now, I have to go offline in a minute.
Besides, I have to get a lot of practice in before I race again. :o ;)

Next time I'll actually choose courses I'm good at instead of pressing the random selector. :ton:

*Leaves the thread, defeated*

badboy70
15-08-06, 18:06
I can't right now, I have to go offline in a minute.
Besides, I have to get a lot of practice in before I race again. :o ;)

Next time I'll actually choose courses I'm good at instead of pressing the random selector. :ton:

*Leaves thread, defeated*
*evil laugh* so, anyone else up for mario kart :cln: :p.

rika2
15-08-06, 18:33
my cousin is 6 years old and has this thingie... his birthday's in october, what game do you advice me to buy him?

badboy70
15-08-06, 18:35
my cousin is 6 years old and has this thingie... his birthday's in october, what game do you advice me to buy him?
i'd say, New super Mario Bros, it could get quite difficult ( pegi : 3+ )other than that nintendogs( pegi : 3+ ) :D

rika2
15-08-06, 18:40
i'd say, New super Mario Bros, it could get quite difficult ( pegi : 3+ )other than that nintendogs( pegi : 3+ ) :D

he has nintendodogs... he likes a bit of gore :p

badboy70
15-08-06, 18:44
metroid prime hunters, it do can get difficult

rika2
15-08-06, 18:46
metroid prime hunters, it do can get difficult

very well, that was what I was thinking from the games I saw here...

badboy70
15-08-06, 18:47
very well, that was what I was thinking from the games I saw here...
if he likes dino's : king kong :D

LaraCablara
15-08-06, 20:23
My friends dont want to play me in Mario Kart because I learned to snake >_> They are just jealous, JEALOUS I SAY :tea:!!

On another note my record is 200 something wins and 90 loses...40 of them before I learned to snake and about 20 of them before I knew how to use items/play/ know that you get a lose when you disconnect.

Angel666
16-08-06, 00:02
I have a DS Lite! I have Mario 64 and Mario Kart. I'm kind of confused about how the whole Wifi thingy works. Could someone explain it please?

K.J
16-08-06, 00:06
I have a DS Lite! I have Mario 64 and Mario Kart. I'm kind of confused about how the whole Wifi thingy works. Could someone explain it please?

Hello

You should check this page out http://www.nintendowifi.com/

I think that will help you:)

Tombreaper
16-08-06, 00:36
I don't have a DS, because I own a PSP.

badboy70
16-08-06, 14:33
how much stars do you have ( mario 64 ) , i have them all :D but i got the last minigame for luigi (on the roof) before i got all the stars. there's a trick to get it already :p. the last bowser is damn hard, i just can't defeat him, but i've seen the ending cutscene before so it's ok :D

Angel666
17-08-06, 01:30
I have 25 stars so far.

Atlantean-Squid
17-08-06, 01:57
I have Mario Kart DS but not a wireless connection and don't fancy buying the adapter just yet...

kewlkyle64
17-08-06, 04:18
how much stars do you have ( mario 64 ) , i have them all :D but i got the last minigame for luigi (on the roof) before i got all the stars. there's a trick to get it already :p. the last bowser is damn hard, i just can't defeat him, but i've seen the ending cutscene before so it's ok :D

Oh god, that reminds me. When we had a Nintendo 64, I would spend hours a day playing Super Mario 64 on it every day. I was just stuck on the last Bowser. So anyways, we both keep trying to do it. So I come into my room one day, and I see the credits running down the screen with him holding the controller. And I was SOOOO mad at him for beating the game and he didn't even tell me he was playing MY game. I was so mad at him.

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-08-06, 05:24
I love my DS!!! :jmp:

Mister Croft
17-08-06, 12:30
Nintendogs is a good simulator, if you got a real puppy you can use the training books in the game for real, i did that on the dog i got for x-mas:jmp: Now she can do: sit, shake, beg and lie down.

Mister Croft
17-08-06, 12:33
If he likes gore ande violence, you should buy RE:DS:p Jus kidding ja know

Agent Dee
22-08-06, 16:44
I am getting the DS Lite on friday, and I already scored NEW Super Mario Bros for 20 bucks :yah: :yah: :yah: :yah: . I can't WAIT to play this :jmp:

badboy70
22-08-06, 16:50
I am getting the DS Lite on friday, and I already scored NEW Super Mario Bros for 20 bucks :yah: :yah: :yah: :yah: . I can't WAIT to play this :jmp:
it's GREAT :D tell me how far you get :jmp: i've completed the game, but now i'm collecting al lthe star cions, and it's really hard:p the graphics are really good and so is the gameplay :tmb: and the mini games are cool too :D
especcially the online mode :jmp:

Agent Dee
23-08-06, 14:01
good news my bro fronted me the money i needed to get my DS on tuesday instead of friday :yah: :yah: :yah: :yah:

My brother is too damn cool :hug:

I love, love, LOVE NEW SMB, it rocks! it is easily the most fun Mario game I have played since Mario 64 (and they have Mario 64 on the DS :yah:, gonna pick that up soon too :D ). Can you imagine if they did all the old school mario games but with features like this?

NEW Super Mario Bros 2
NEW Super Mario Bros 3

etc, Id be like pokemon, GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!! :jmp:

Rivendell
14-10-06, 09:41
I'm hopefully getting a DS today, it was my birthday yesterday and this'll be my prezzie if I can find a good package deal! :D

badboy70
14-10-06, 09:49
I'm hopefully getting a DS today, it was my birthday yesterday and this'll be my prezzie if I can find a good package deal! :Dnice :D what game will you buy with it ?

Rivendell
14-10-06, 09:51
I really want Super Mario bros with it, I'd like that Brain game thingy too. Also majorly looking forward to the new Zelda on DS, and Final Fantasy 3! :yah:

:eek: And Starfox Command! It looks like Starwing again!

badboy70
14-10-06, 09:57
I really want Super Mario bros with it, I'd like that Brain game thingy too. Also majorly looking forward to the new Zelda on DS, and Final Fantasy 3! :yah:

:eek: And Starfox Command! It looks like Starwing again!i have super mario bros :D

Rivendell
14-10-06, 12:54
:yah: Woohoo! Got one! A White DS Lite, with Super Mario :D I'm off to town later to see if I can get some cheaper games from bargain bins ;) :yah:

badboy70
14-10-06, 13:45
:yah: Woohoo! Got one! A White DS Lite, with Super Mario :D I'm off to town later to see if I can get some cheaper games from bargain bins ;) :yah: great :D you should buy mario kart too :D:p

Lara Lover
14-10-06, 14:14
I really want a Nintendo DS Lite. They look awesome. :tmb: Quite cheap too and the Nintendo Browser is a big hit. :D

Shark_Blade
14-10-06, 16:50
If you want to get a sense of speed, go get "Sonic Rush"

illuminati30
14-10-06, 22:42
Sonic Rush DS
Metroid Prime for the brilliant multiplayer mode.
MarioKart

HELLOfromRUSSIA)
14-10-06, 22:45
Electroplankton - revolusion! I love it - even Locco-rokko dont impress me so

Rivendell
17-10-06, 14:25
I just bought Goblet of Fire for DS, its a lot more fun than I expected it to be! Interactive spell-casting is great :D

badboy70
17-10-06, 16:47
I just bought Goblet of Fire for DS, its a lot more fun than I expected it to be! Interactive spell-casting is great :Dhehe :D i don't have it :)

Kangaroo poo
18-10-06, 07:56
mite get 1 for xmas and get code lyoko when it comes out:)

Shark_Blade
11-10-09, 15:21
I've finally got new DS games :D

- Super Princess Peach
Surprisingly good, and I love the intro scene. After countless times the princess has been kidnapped in the past Mario games, now the table has turned. Mario was kidnapped along with Luigi and Toadstool (the mushroom guy I think). And I like her emotions power, like her tears can grow beanstalks and her happiness "Joy" emotion can her float to the sky lmao. It doesn't take itself too seriously and felt light heartedly enjoyable.

- Professor Layton and The Curious Village
I always love a detective/investigation game. :D A crime solving challenge with beautiful cutscenes and excellent voice acting.

- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
Have yet to play it, but I love their last outing on KH2 on PS2 so..:jmp:

Legend of Lara
11-10-09, 15:24
I've finally got new DS games :D

- Super Princess Peach
Surprisingly good, and I love the intro scene. After countless times the princess has been kidnapped in the past Mario games, now the table has turned. Mario was kidnapped along with Luigi and Toadstool (the mushroom guy I think). And I like her emotions power, like her tears can grow beanstalks and her happiness "Joy" emotion can her float to the sky lmao. It doesn't take itself too seriously and felt light heartedly enjoyable.

- Professor Layton and The Curious Village
I always love a detective/investigation game. :D A crime solving challenge with beautiful cutscenes and excellent voice acting.

- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
Have yet to play it, but I love their last outing on KH2 on PS2 so..:jmp:

That's great.

Except that the bump cutoff is three months.
And this thread is three years old!

Carbonek_0051
11-10-09, 15:27
May I suggest a more recent thread? (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=158033):p

It was for my suggestions, but it could double as a DS thread for others.:)

Shark_Blade
11-10-09, 15:36
Hey, I used the search engine and this one seems the most suitable one. :p

Nate: Isn't that thread about getting a DS Lite? Or does it works both ways?

Carbonek_0051
11-10-09, 15:37
Hey, I used the search engine and this one seems the most suitable one. :p

Nate: Isn't that thread about getting a DS Lite? Or does it works both ways?

It could be used for both, it was just for suggestions for the DS in general.:p Only reason it says DS Lite is because that's what I got.:) But then again, it's up to the mods.:pi: