PDA

View Full Version : One of my best friends is geting married today-she is 18, he is 17

Night_Heaven
20-08-06, 09:56
Cami,that is her name,one of my best friends is geting married at 18 years.Her husband has 17 years old.I am a special guest as she wants me to be there so I will go and I will try to take pictures and stuff.
The reason is that they made love ;) and now she is 7 months pregnant.But this is good since they both want the child.
Also...I will pick the second name of the child at birth...:jmp: so everithing is just fine. Still...in my opinion is too soon:)

jarhead
20-08-06, 10:02
well i wish them the best and i hope you enjoy yourslef and have a good time

tr_mitch
20-08-06, 10:25
It's a pretty early age, But if there sure they want to get married and they really like each other, then that's great.

Me personally, would like to travel and have a good career before settling down.

Shark_Blade
20-08-06, 10:32
^me too. and it's really not that unusual that people married early.It's just it's very rare that's all.

Jonnipants
20-08-06, 11:02
I wish them the best of luck. Very young, indeed, they may need a bit of luck. lol ;)

Night_Heaven
20-08-06, 11:17
Yup....they need a little bit of luck.He is minor soo is gonna be a little hard at first.I am going now to the church.Bye bye.See you soon.

jarhead
20-08-06, 11:18
bye night heavon, have a good time and wish them luck from us lot

Lara Croft!
20-08-06, 13:10
I wish them the best of luck,but I think it's too soon!No matter how much you love someone at age of 17 or 18 it's too soon to know that he/she is the one to spend the rest of your life with!However some marriages that start off this way end up being very successfull,so let us hope that your friends' marriage will be one of them!

ELEN
20-08-06, 15:39
They are very young, and I suppose they would never do it if the girl wasn't pregnant. But since they want to keep the child and have their parents' support (having a family at this age is difficult), then good luck to them :tmb: because I'm sure they'll need it.

sweetPoison
20-08-06, 15:49
Cami,that is her name,one of my best friends is geting married at 18 years.Her husband has 17 years old.I am a special guest as she wants me to be there so I will go and I will try to take pictures and stuff.
The reason is that they made love ;) and now she is 7 months pregnant.But this is good since they both want the child.
Also...I will pick the second name of the child at birth...:jmp: so everithing is just fine. Still...in my opinion is too soon:)

That is so funny. :D :vlol:
But since they are in love, then why not?

:D :tmb:

And here I thought that love was only puppy love at such an age. :D

Which second name will you give the baby and is it a boy or a girl?
Be sure to be at the birth! :D Just don't faint!

Greenkey2
20-08-06, 17:22
They are very young, and I suppose they would never do it if the girl wasn't pregnant. But since they want to keep the child and have their parents' support (having a family at this age is difficult), then good luck to them :tmb: because I'm sure they'll need it.

Elen took the words right out of my mouth :D Although I don't think getting married just for the sake of an unborn child is necessarily a good idea (they might end up hating each other!), I wish them all the best and good luck for the future :wve:

tr_mitch
20-08-06, 17:26
Elen took the words right out of my mouth
Ohhhh it must of been while your were kissing me.
And i swear it's true i was just about to say i....

Lew
20-08-06, 17:40
I know 2 people who got engaged when they were in Year 11 (age 15/16) one couple (one of my best friends) are still together.

Greenkey2
20-08-06, 17:48
Ohhhh it must of been while your were kissing me.
And i swear it's true i was just about to say i....

http://foolstown.com/sm/hook2.gif

I'll leave this one to your tender mercy, Elen ;)

Night_Heaven
20-08-06, 21:49
Heloo..I am back for a short while.This are some earlyer shots at our traditional dance in Romania.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/Night_Heaven/LaCamilanunta2.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/Night_Heaven/LaCamilanunta.jpg

Now I am back at the second stage of the party.I have to go there and chear Cami up.It is very hard for her>she don't dance (too big belly).She actualy made a dedication to me from the musicians.And all the people there saw me next to her.She is such a specyal friend:hug: ..too bad she can't dance or do anithyng else.Indeed..for the sake of the child they made the wedding.She is tired and a little sad.But that is life and I am gonna be there for her.I almost talk 2 hours in private with her and laugh and all the things we use to do(playing Heroes 3 for hours and such...memories.......)

StarCroft:AOD
20-08-06, 22:03
I wish them the best of the best in their entire life!. I wish I could do the same.

:wve:

larasfrend
20-08-06, 22:32
Wow what a decision! I respect them for wanting to raise the child in such a way, providing him/her with all the love and care they can offer. No doubt it will be hard for them though. I wouldn't say I am against marriage at such an early age, but it's just not something I would ever do as I find it too soon, but if it works for them I wish them the very best.

Jonnipants
20-08-06, 22:43
My ex BF is now engaged after knowing his new BF for 3 weeks. -gags-

EDIT: He is only 20. That's still too young.

tazmine
20-08-06, 22:47
Unfortunately, unless they come from wealthy backgrounds, they need a whole lot more than luck. They need steady jobs with a good income, & I fear a 17 & an 18 year old do not have the educational skills for this. I think this will be very difficult for them.

All you young people out there: unless you are ready, both emotionally & finacially, to have a baby, use birth control.

Angelx14
21-08-06, 05:17
Aww. I hope they will be for a long time together.

angelika
21-08-06, 06:01
I hope all the best for them. But that is a touchy subject for me.

For the same reason I lost one of my best friends 10 years ago.
She had just finished school and enter college. We were best friends since we were 12. She was kind of an indoors girl. All her life she was doing nothing exept school and straight back home to study. Suddenly she met this 18 year old boy(punk actually- he spent all his life on the streets riding stolen bikes,no school, no parents,no school, no nothing). She got pregnant at 18 and her parents forced her to get married. She called me to share the ''happy news'' and when I told her that marriage upon these bases might not work out. We never spoke ever since.

Autolycus
21-08-06, 08:24
In my opinion 17/18 is way too young to get married for the simple fact that you're not mature enough to cope with such a huge responsibility. can't see it lasting more than 6 months.

angelika
21-08-06, 08:39
Well my x-best friend's point of view was that she would give birth, continue with her studies, give the baby to her mother's care for 4 years until she would finish university and then take the baby back.
Some plan,ha? I wonder what she was thinking?

Autolycus
21-08-06, 09:01
Well my x-best friend's point of view was that she would give birth, continue with her studies, give the baby to her mother's care for 4 years until she would finish university and then take the baby back.
Some plan,ha? I wonder what she was thinking?

Sounds like she was just thinking of no1,herself.

angelika
21-08-06, 09:09
Sounds like she was just thinking of no1,herself.

From all our friends I was the only one advising otherwise and she decided to stop talking to me. After 6 years of close friendship. She didn't even invite me to the wedding. Never seen her ever since (it's almost 10 years) but rumor has it that she's very unhappy and very divorced.

Autolycus
21-08-06, 09:24
From all our friends I was the only one advising otherwise and she decided to stop talking to me. After 6 years of close friendship. She didn't even invite me to the wedding. Never seen her ever since (it's almost 10 years) but rumor has it that she's very unhappy and very divorced.

You're better off not having a friend like her angelika, she sounds too self-obsessed. Out of all her friends you was the only one showing what true friendship is all about ie:looking out for your friends best interest,and she through it back in your face. never mind :hug: