PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy movie?

Jake Croft
20-08-06, 16:36
If you rent this on dvd, does it talk in english?
Because the only one ive seen has subtitles :(
(Advent children)

kewlkyle64
20-08-06, 16:38
In DVD, yes, it is in English.

Jake Croft
20-08-06, 16:39
Thank God,
It'd be like reading a book!
The only film i watched with english subs was the grudge
And kill bill because i was in Japan at the time xD

Reggie
20-08-06, 16:40
You've only just started out with FF haven't you? don't let it put you off the series altogether. ;)

Mad Tony
20-08-06, 16:40
I saw a French movie in English subtitles.
After a while, reading isn't too bad.

Elysia
20-08-06, 16:52
Thank God,

*raises an eyebrow* And what's wrong with reading books, hmmm?

:p

Lara Croft!
20-08-06, 16:58
I saw a french movie in English subtitles.
After a while, reading isn't too bad.

For me that Greek is my native language, is really hard to watch, for example a Chinese movie with English subtitles...really frustrating!!!:hea:

MiCkiZ88
20-08-06, 17:06
what's wrong with subtitles.. The movie is a lot better in japanese than in english ;)

And.. it makes you concentrate both on the movie and reading :p

anyway.. im from finland and we have subtitles on every single movie.. even in finnish ones if we like to. :) and that's the best way to learn a language.. I think.. atleast I learned english from that.. since I concentrated on what they were sayng and then read the subtitles.. :) English lessons did me no good :o

but anyway.. It's a great movie and I hope you enjoy it :)

tr_mitch
20-08-06, 17:28

All the problems with the world today are caused by certain books, if you think about it. :rolleyes:

I wish they'd make a final fantasy film with real life people.

kill bill
20-08-06, 17:29
advebt children rocks.i bought it before it reached europe on ebay.came from tokyo.it has english subs.and special features.

MiCkiZ88
20-08-06, 17:31

That would be a flop.. I dont want to see japanese people with bad wigs :pi:
I hope that they continue making cgi movies :)

Thorir
20-08-06, 17:36
The English dub is absolutely horrible. I thought I was watching a fan-dubbed film. Thank God for subs!!!

But as Lara Croft! said, it´s a bit odd watching a foreign film, subtiteled in a foreign language. :D

Real Life Lara
20-08-06, 17:38

I thought they did... only it was like nothing to do with actual final fantasy stuff and it was a total flop o_O *searches it*

BtoFu
20-08-06, 17:38
That was The Spirits Within, RLL..CGA all the way.

Right on. Live action would be so ham fisted I wouldn't even dare to watch it. Advent Children is really tasty on the visual scale, but I reckon if you haven't played through FFVII then you're liable to get lost amongst the meandering sub-plots, plus not much is explained. It's way better in it's original Japanese language at any rate...Silent Hill's laziest fan is also DVD's laziest viewer. :p

Shark_Blade
20-08-06, 17:41
What's wrong with that? we got to learn and love new languages and culture lol :D and mostly subbed movies are bettr than dubbed

Apofiss

It's quite time consuming, plus you have to imagine image yourself.. so unwanted effort for brain now isn't it :D :p (as for movies/books that is)

Real Life Lara
That was The Spirits Within, RRL..CGA all the way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173840/ Yeah thats the one :p Never seen it and personally Im never going to. I *loved* Advent Children, but only with english subtitles. It ruins it having it dubbed... better in Japanese ;) Am I the only one who doesnt find it irritating reading subtitles? :confused:

Shark_Blade
20-08-06, 17:42
spirits within got a beautiful woman character but it really get me bored with the story and flow. I just bought the vcd to admire the cgi :D

tr_mitch
20-08-06, 17:44

Who knows unless they made one, I think it would be pretty damn cool.

Elysia
20-08-06, 17:49
It's quite time consuming, plus you have to imagine image yourself.. so unwanted effort for brain now isn't it :D :p (as for movies/books that is)
D'oh, yes, of course!

Who'd want to imagine things, anyway.... :D :p

Oooh, I'd vote to keep FF CGI. There aren't enough uber-pretty men in the world to populate a FF movie... :D (Although if there was one, bagsie being at the Vincent Valentine Screentests! 'Yes, Mr. Bloke who wants to play my Vinnie, you DO have to do this scene in your boxers... :mis: :D)

MiCkiZ88
20-08-06, 17:51
That was The Spirits Within, RRL..CGA all the way.

Right on. Live action would be so ham fisted I wouldn't even dare to watch it. Advent Children is really tasty on the visual scale, but I reckon if you haven't played through FFVII then you're liable to get lost amongst the meandering sub-plots, plus not much is explained. It's way better in it's original Japanese language at any rate...Silent Hill's laziest fan is also DVD's laziest viewer. :p

I actually like the spirits with in.. but anyway

Advent children was just so amazing.. especially the fights and especially in japanese! .. so beautifull effects and great voice acting:)

tr_mitch
20-08-06, 17:51
Think about it, Farfetched japanese fighting.... With hot actors... of course edited slightly to resemble characters.
Would be good.
Not that theres anything wrong with CGI.

Kamrusepas
20-08-06, 18:24
Thank God,

Over here, we have everything on tv subbed... Gladly, since some countries dub them instead, and I can't even imagine how horrible that'd be :vlol:

MiCkiZ88
20-08-06, 18:26
Over here, we have everything on tv subbed... Gladly, since some countries dub them instead, and I can't even imagine how horrible that'd be :vlol:
something dubbed in finnish O_O NO THANKS!
though i doubt it will sound as bad as german dubs :vlol:

BtoFu
20-08-06, 19:22
I actually like the spirits with in.. but anyway

Advent children was just so amazing.. especially the fights and especially in japanese! .. so beautifull effects and great voice acting:)

Yeah I have a soft spot for Spirits Within myself. Aki Ross was quite an achievement in vector based animation for the time. I just feel as though people didn't warm to it because realistic looking model CGA has never been touched on much outside videogames..everything from Pixar and Dreamworks has been on the cutesy animal fringe. If we saw more turns in human style animation, I think we'd have more interesting animated flicks.

http://www.am.ub.es/~carrasco/bichos/aki_ross_bikini.jpg

Plus Spirits Within had James Woods in it..so I had to love it. :p

MiCkiZ88
20-08-06, 19:35
she looked so real O.O And the cgi cuality was just.. Awesome..

Kamrusepas
20-08-06, 19:39
I just feel as though people didn't warm to it because realistic looking model CGA has never been touched on much outside videogames..

I just found the story boring, confusing and plain not interesting...

MiCkiZ88
20-08-06, 19:42
I think it was nice.. but it missed final fantasy styled battles..

BtoFu
20-08-06, 19:47

I meant in terms of hooking people on the visuals, which was clearly the major selling point for anyone who would be interested in seeing it. Most of those who did see it obviously weren't feeling the story either, but that's a bit of added stigma.

tr_mitch
20-08-06, 19:52
http://www.am.ub.es/~carrasco/bichos/aki_ross_bikini.jpg

The graphics are great, but am i the only one who finds her damn ugly.

BtoFu
20-08-06, 19:54
Going by how many photoshopped nude shots of her I came across while trying to find that, I'd say you're in something of a minority, Mitch yeah. :p

Mona Sax
20-08-06, 19:55
^ I wouldn't say she's ugly, but there's something about her face that's a bit... off. Her body's perfect, though.

tr_mitch
20-08-06, 19:57
It just seems like she's too innocent to be taking them kind of shots.
Her face is too pure, and it doesn't look right in a bikini.

Kamrusepas
20-08-06, 21:56
It just seems like she's too innocent to be taking them kind of shots.

Are you sure that's not the point? :whi:

tr_mitch
20-08-06, 22:01
Are you sure that's not the point? :whi:

Kam even you are to innocent to be taking shots like that. ;)

Kamrusepas
20-08-06, 22:02
Kam even you are to innocent to be taking shots like that. ;)

And exactly what do you know about my innocence? Or lack of it? :whi: :mis:

tr_mitch
20-08-06, 22:03
And exactly what do you know about my innocence? Or lack of it? :whi: :mis:

I guess you could be a little slutty if you wanted to :)
But so can everyone else... just some people can't pull it off.

BtoFu
20-08-06, 22:04
Well those renders were all done in pre-production to illustrate the model, so it's not like she got her kit off in the movie or anything like that. They build these things up from flesh tone anyway so technically they're starting her off in the buff. Pretty visuals at least, especially her dream sequence and near the end with the Giaha spirit stuff. Should have been more adult orientated though...uber violence~!

Kamrusepas
20-08-06, 22:05
I guess you could be a little slutty if you wanted to :)
But so can everyone else... just some people can't pull it off.

True. But I still think that's the point in some cases... :D

Angelx14
21-08-06, 05:20
Never seen FF movie before.
Is it good?:)