PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite Anti-Hero Character?

PirateRose
20-08-06, 22:51
Meh, I just finished playing KOTOR2 (and the ending sucked) but I have decided my new favorite Anti-Hero Character is Atton Rand. Even though I have no clue what happened to him after KOTOR2 because the game did that skip all the npc's convo glitch, and I didn't see him again either. But he still had a pretty interesting personality and was pretty well developed for a game chopped up as KOTOR2 was. XD

For those of you who don't know what an Anti-hero is....

Anti-Hero : A main character in a dramatic or narrative work who is characterized by a lack of traditional heroic qualities, such as idealism or courage.
A protagonist who lacks the characteristics that would make him a hero (or her a heroine)

Darth Vader would be an Anti-Hero everyone knows.

BtoFu
20-08-06, 22:52
The mother******* man, Snake Plissken. :jmp:

Kamrusepas
20-08-06, 22:53
First one that comes to mind is Legion. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_%28Marvel_Comics%29) I was always fascinated by him.

xMiSsCrOfTx
20-08-06, 22:58
Voldemort (Harry Potter) or Davey Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean 2). :)

Rivendell
20-08-06, 23:01
Vader, Sidious, Voldemort :tmb:

I wish there was more to the end of Kotor2 , with a different end per scenario - as per Kotor1..

Hybrid Soldier
20-08-06, 23:02
Favorite? Only one? Well...i guess i'll have to go with Black Cat. She'd be considered an anti-hero. Her or Venom. Haha, both Spider Man related characters. :tea:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5933/400pxblkcatfhnc5.th.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=400pxblkcatfhnc5.jpg)

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9940/38625zs1.th.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=38625zs1.jpg)

:D

GodOfLight
20-08-06, 23:11
I personally always saw Lara as an anti-hero... but lately she's been turned into a moral goodie-goodie...

so, from literature, my favorite anti-heros are Raskolnikov from "Crime and Punishment" and Grenouille from "Perfume" :wve:

Thorir
Hm. Maybe you could call The Bride from Kill Bill a anti-hero? I mean, she kills a hell of a lot of people. :D

Apart from her, Hlynur from 101 Reykjavík! :D

PirateRose
Vader, Sidious, Voldemort :tmb:

I wish there was more to the end of Kotor2 , with a different end per scenario - as per Kotor1..

I think they had the same scenario as TRL and AOD. They ran out of time, they were pressured to put the game out, so the chopped it up and ended it oddly.

Heres a few more popular ones
Hamlot, Anakin Skywalker, Jack Sparrow, Bart Simpson, Wolverine, Batman (not sure how, but this list I'm looking at has him because he contrasts Sueprman), Catwoman, Max Payne.

StarCroft:AOD
20-08-06, 23:26
I can think of Magneto.

Geck-o-Lizard
21-08-06, 01:05
Kid Eternity from DC Comics' 1991 three-part series (http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2898/kideternitycanto2p31sj0.jpg)
They took a classic comic book character that was as goodie-goodie as you can get, and gave him a proper dark edge. (He realises he's actually been summoning demons, not historical and fictional characters, and has spent 30 years trapped in Hell, giving him a wonderfully dark personality)

Severus Snape
I have no idea why I like Snape so much; all I know is that he's my favourite HP character. I never like the golden-hued heroes in stories as much as I like well-designed ambiguous baddies, and Snape's the cream of the crop from the HP series.

The Twins from the Matrix
They're just so cool. Gothic white instead of black! And their flowing interaction. Ahh, too much! I have three posters on my wall: Futurama, AoD Lara, and the Twins.

MiCkiZ88
21-08-06, 01:07
The Twins from the Matrix
They're just so cool. Gothic white instead of black! And their flowing interaction. Ahh, too much! I have three posters on my wall: Futurama, AoD Lara, and the Twins.

I actually like them :D they were pretty cool :)

Angelx14
21-08-06, 05:14
Well, I think I don't have one.;)

Nicky
21-08-06, 07:32
It has to be Jack Sparrow :)

thepetemaster
21-08-06, 07:54
Dude Lebowski, Travis Bickle and Tony Montana ;):tmb:

Elysia
21-08-06, 08:14
The mother******* man, Snake Plissken. :jmp:
Oooooooooohhhhh, yeeeeeaaaahhhhhh..... :tmb: Snake is da MAN!

BTW: Anti-heros and Villains are different things... ;)

Lena-Lara
21-08-06, 09:47
Anakin Skywalker!!! :yah: :jmp: :yah: :jmp: :yah:

Serenchen
21-08-06, 10:17
My favorite anti-hero would be Caleb from the game Blood 2.
He's sarcastic, he's cruel, and he's cool. I even named my dog after him.

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!" :D

Alive_and_Funky
21-08-06, 10:37
Meh, I just finished playing KOTOR2 (and the ending sucked) but I have decided my new favorite Anti-Hero Character is Atton Rand. Even though I have no clue what happened to him after KOTOR2 because the game did that skip all the npc's convo glitch, and I didn't see him again either. But he still had a pretty interesting personality and was pretty well developed for a game chopped up as KOTOR2 was. XD

I agree, what a cruddy ending. I wanted to find out what happened to Atton too since he was my fave character from the game.
What is the "skip all the npc's convo glitch"?

My favourite anti-hero is probably Anakin Skywalker. He was one of the good guys but with bad traits and we all know what happened to him.

Shark_Blade
21-08-06, 10:41
Shadow the Hedgehog

Greenkey2
21-08-06, 10:50
I personally always saw Lara as an anti-hero... but lately she's been turned into a moral goodie-goodie...

I quite agree :wve: Lara in her earlier incarnations wasn't out to save the world all the time. There is also the argument put forth by one of the 'fans' interviewed on the Lethal & Loaded documentory; that we venerate Lara as a character even though she a) kills people, b) trespasses and c) steals priceless artefacts! And yet it is not considered acceptable for Lara to be seen nude. Such is the weirdness of our nature :rolleyes:

My favourite fictional anti-hero HAS to Marc Remillard from Julian May's Galactic Milieu and Saga of the Exiles books. He is suave, handsome, tall, dark, handsome, calculating, genius, handsome, supremely metapsychicly talented, handsome.....*sigh* Oh, and a mass murderer who eventually repents his sins 6 million years in the past and helps sow the seeds of a galactic Golden Age in our future :pi:

Legend of Lara
21-08-06, 11:23
Here are some of mine-

Blade Master Alastor from Viewtiful Joe (aimlessly tries to defeat Joe while butchering villains)
Dr. Eggman from Sonic (he has helped the heroes sometimes in addition to trying to kill them)
Jack Sparrow from Pirates OTC (c'mon, you all know him. :D)

Andromeda66
21-08-06, 11:34
- The Green Goblin :D

And others that escape my memory at the moment.

Lara's Boy
21-08-06, 11:43
I also used to see Lara as an anti-hero, and though I am glad CD has given her more emotion and what not, I am just not as interested in her....

But my current favorite anti-hero would have to be (no suprise) Elektra. All superheroes have had something insanely horrible and contrite happen to them, and it makes them want to fight crime. Elektra's family is killed (her father assisnated), and what she she do? She hones her martial arts skills and kills people for money. To me, she has a very interesting pathos, mainly because it is one that I think people can relate to more easily.

Lara Croft!
21-08-06, 12:55

LOL!!!!!!!!!:D

rika2
21-08-06, 13:23
Duke Nukem... Caleb..

B-thoven66
21-08-06, 15:24
As someone stated, an anti-hero isn't the same as a villain.
My favourite anti-hero would be:
http://www.teacuerdas.com/images/nostalgia-animados-autos11.jpg
I don't know his name in english. They dubbed him "Pierre Nodoyuna" in spanish, and I've heard his english name was Dick Dastardly or some like that. I remember the toon's english name was "Wacky Races" ("Los Autos Locos" in spanish).

Another anti-hero I loved so much was the Coyote from "Road Runner".

Real Life Lara
21-08-06, 15:26
Meh, does Kadaj from FF Advent children count? :p

Neteru
21-08-06, 15:43
I've heard his english name was Dick Dastardly or some like that.Yes, that's his name in English. And the dog is called Mutley.

"Mutley, Mutley, do something Mutley."

Mona Sax
21-08-06, 15:49
Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the Phantom and all the other tragic anti-heroes of Victorian literature.

Catapharact
21-08-06, 16:06
I can't believe he wasn't mentioned.

My fav. has to be none other than the legendary Warrior Achilles. He doesn't care about Kings or Command; He cares about glory, Honour, Passion and Desire to be the greatest. A born leader.

"Do you know what's there, waiting beyond that beach... Immortaily! Take it! Its yours!"

thepetemaster
21-08-06, 16:23
Sorry, I forgot to mention Ash from the Evil Dead series, and Snake Pliskin would round out my top 5.

dbot
21-08-06, 17:07
I think Angel (from buffy the vampire slayer, and his own spinoff) would be an anti-hero, and if so, i would probably say he's my favorite. He used to be one of the most infamous vampires in history, but was then cursed with a soul, thus filling him with remorse for all the murders he committed. Because of this, he worked to help people in hopes of one day gaining redemption.

And also Jack Bauer from 24 woud probably be a good one. He works to protect america from terrorists, but will do any means nessecary to accomplish this goal, with some of his actions having rather villianous qualities, such as torture, or the threat of excessive force. Hell, he shot a man's wife in front of him to get the guy to talk. Even I didnt see that one coming.

I guess an anti-hero could either be whats regularly regarded as a villian, who has some heroic qualities, or a hero with qualities that would normally be given to villians.

jackles
21-08-06, 18:10
Spike from buffy..anti hero or villain....who cares....as long as he is swishing around in that leather coat...

Sofitegan
21-08-06, 18:18
Spike from buffy..anti hero or villain....who cares....as long as he is swishing around in that leather coat...
:vlol:
I agree. :cln:

Elysia
21-08-06, 18:24
Sorry, I forgot to mention Ash from the Evil Dead series, and Snake Pliskin would round out my top 5.
ASH! Be still my beating heart... I love Ash. He sits on my shelf in my living room, surrounded by various Laras. And a Xena... ;) (And I've already thrown my 'vote' behind Snake Plisken. He really is 'da man' when it comes to anti-heros...)

On a Bruce Campbell note, I'd like to add Autolycus. He was an amazing anti-hero: a thief who doesn't want to do good, but ends up doing it anyway... :cln:

Meh, does Kadaj from FF Advent children count? :p
No, he's a villain... and a terrifying one at that! (Although not as terrifiying as Yazoo... scary, man-woman that he is. I mean, I can appreciate a bishie as much as the next fangirl, but Yazoo takes bishie-ness up to the next level!)

Ampersand
21-08-06, 18:25
Jack Sparrow is the coolest. :D

TombRaiderLover
21-08-06, 18:26
Alexander DeLarge - the teenage gangster who loves rape, ultraviolence and Beethoven.

Elysia
21-08-06, 18:35
Jack Sparrow is the coolest. :D
I do love a bit of Jack, has to be said... ;)

Alexander DeLarge - the teenage gangster who loves rape, ultraviolence and Beethoven.
Oh, he sounds *delightful*...

Taleigha
21-08-06, 19:24
im not entirely sure what an anti-hero is.

Greenkey2
21-08-06, 19:29
Anti-Hero : A main character in a dramatic or narrative work who is characterized by a lack of traditional heroic qualities, such as idealism or courage.
A protagonist who lacks the characteristics that would make him a hero (or her a heroine)

I forgot about Snape. Snape is very good :D

Ampersand
21-08-06, 19:33
I forgot about Snape. Snape is very good :D

Agreed. :D (Hope he doesn't die in the last book, I'd be rather cross if he did.)

Twiin
21-08-06, 20:11
I don't like him (because he's too over-exposed), but Wolverine would be considered an anti-hero, wouldn't he?

Elysia
21-08-06, 20:12
I don't like him (because he's too over-exposed), but Wolverine would be considered an anti-hero, wouldn't he?
Yep, Wolverine would be an anti-hero! :D

Clara [CA]
21-08-06, 20:18
I have two : Snape and Spike. Maybe more Spike, because I hate his character but still I think he was necessary !

Angel666
21-08-06, 21:36
I'm in the boat with Gecko Lizard. Snape is the coolest anti hero of all frickin time! And the Phantom. :D Me loves the Phantom. I also can't forget good ol' Captian Jack. Also Hatsumomo from Memiors of a Geisha but I think she might be more of a villian.

Catlantean
21-08-06, 21:39
Lara Croft of course :D
Others that I can think of right now are Snape (Harry Potter), Vejiita (DragonBall Z), Viconia and Sarevok (Baldur's Gate) and Annah (Planescape: Torment).

ILG49ers
22-08-06, 00:12
Davey Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean 2). :)

Same here! :tmb:

Also Venom from Spider-Man! :D