PDA

View Full Version : Hottest day of the year!!!!!

angelika
21-08-06, 18:07
Today it has been the this year's hottest day in Greece.
In Athens it has reached 41ο Celsium.
In other mainland cities the temperature reached up to 45o C.:cln:

Unfortunantly we had one death of an elderly lady.
We 've also reached the higher elecric power consuming ever, because of the amount of A/C in constant use.

To tell you the truth it's 21.00 atm and the outside temperature is 38 and I don't think I'll turn off the a/c.

kewlkyle64
21-08-06, 18:08
Wow... that's hot! I'm glad I'm not there.

Jonnipants
21-08-06, 18:10
It's been raining over here. :[ But it's okay, that heat would be unbearable for me.

And sorry to hear about the death. :(

Tomb Raider Master
21-08-06, 18:11
I know how you feel. :) Fortunately, it's a bit cooler here than down there, but in July the temperature crossed 40°C here, too. August brought a bit colder weather. :( God, how I miss the 38°C+ heats...

Thorir
21-08-06, 18:11
That sucks. I remember I went to New York and it was 42 celcius there!
I mean, it was about 18 when I left from home!

Lara Croft!
21-08-06, 18:15
Athens is so hot indeed!I haven't gone out for 3 days and I'm snapping!I'll go for a walk now no matter how hot it is!If I'm not back in 2-3 hours,then this means I have fainted from all the heat!:D

Sofitegan
21-08-06, 18:16
OMFG!!?? I would faint, i think. It's what comes of living in England.

Eleanna123
21-08-06, 18:33
Yup, it's preeeety hot today.
When you go outside it feels like stepping into a sauna, the air is so hot and moist!
Hope it doesn't last too long, hang in there girls :D

Apofiss
21-08-06, 18:45

I wouldn't function properly in that temperature, I think ><

How you Greek people can handle that, don't you feel a bit tired or something? Really! O.o *keeps enjoying 21o C* XD

Greenkey2
21-08-06, 18:52
Good grief that's hot :eek: .And to think of all that solar/thermal energy going to waste - wouldn't it be great if we used renewables that generated more electricity for air conditioning etc the hotter/sunnier it was?

With temperatures that high Greece could become the world's largest solar-panel. :eek: Strangely, autumn seems to have come early to England....:rolleyes:

Lone Raider
21-08-06, 18:56
After six weeks of heat and more heat, I've sat in a cool, well cold and rainy Germany for the last 3 weeks now... it's the first time in my life that I'm glad about rain in summer.
The weather forecast has said something about a heat period for Greece and
Rumania. I feel for all the elderly and the people who haven't got a.c.

Pipolinne
21-08-06, 19:20
I wouldn't function properly in that temperature, I think ><

How you Greek people can handle that, don't you feel a bit tired or something? Really! O.o *keeps enjoying 21o C* XD

You know,that's just sadistic,Apofiss :D!

Same here,Angelika;and yesterday it was a cold and windy day...

Lone Raider
21-08-06, 19:29
14 degrees over here... hardly what you'd call summer...

Clara [CA]
21-08-06, 19:43
I remember last year I was in Syria, it's was something like 52C. I didn't even think teperature could be so high ! Glad to stay here this year ^^

angelika
21-08-06, 19:44
14 degrees over here...

:eek: That is March in Greece!!!!!

xMiSsCrOfTx
21-08-06, 20:42
I absolutely hate the heat. I live in the US, but today it was probably like 100 degrees fahrenheit here. My stupid school is too cheap for air conditioning, so we were all baking on our first day. :mad: :mad:

Lara Croft!
21-08-06, 20:43
LOL Angelika!!!They'll start thinking that Greece has Africa's climate!!:D :D

Those last 4 days were hell,but Greeks can't live without the hot sunny days!42 degrees are unbearable,but that happens only once or twice each summer for a few days!I'm grateful cause we enjoy snow at wintertime and hot sunny beaches at summer!:)

Kamrusepas
21-08-06, 20:46
Wow. Fortunately it wasn't that hot here, it's been a rainy day :p

DREWY
21-08-06, 22:22
I love the hot weather. We get quite a few of those days here too.

Geck-o-Lizard
21-08-06, 22:34
I enjoy the cooler weather, 15 - 20 C range. Definitely not one for boiling heat, me. I can never understand how you folks stand such warmth. :eek:

jarhead
21-08-06, 22:35
thank god you have air con

during ther recent heat wave it was a joy to go school :o

and that heat is a bit muhc, TBH im surprised that no more popele have died,

refuse
21-08-06, 22:51
Was raining here today, your lucky. :)

peeves
21-08-06, 23:50
Well I don't use Celsius cuz I live in America so I use Fahrenheit.

Angelx14
22-08-06, 06:12
Today it has been the this year's hottest day in Greece.
In Athens it has reached 41ο Celsium.

Unfortunantly we had one death of an elderly lady.
We 've also reached the higher elecric power consuming ever, because of the amount of A/C in constant use.

To tell you the truth it's 21.00 atm and the outside temperature is 38 and I don't think I'll turn off the a/c.

We had the same temperature in July..
And last year too. That is not good.

Min
22-08-06, 06:59
We get heat like this all them time in Australia I hate having to go to school in it, its so hard to think

xMyrax
22-08-06, 07:26
Omg! I feel so bad for my friend thats in Greece :vlol: :D He's probably burnt toast by now XD He'll go back to his country, England, and he'll be the guy that stands out in the whooole group >=D

Min
22-08-06, 08:20
I love the hot weather. We get quite a few of those days here too.

cool and ozzy Mod, where abouts are you from? Im from Queensland

star girl
23-08-06, 15:00
The hottest day where I live was in June. It reached upto 45 degrees...... and the lights went out during the afternoon.... ... We were sweating like a bucnh of donkeys all in a sauna!!!