PDA

View Full Version : the Tesco 'too many bags' advert

Taleigha
21-08-06, 19:35
who's seen the advert encouraging people to cut down on the amount of bags we use?
i think that advert is great! thank god some folks are trying to do something to save the planet eh? im into re-cycling and stuff, and saving resources. i work in an M+S, and the amount of bags people use up needlessly is unbelieveable! they should buy re-usable bags. or be charged for bags, like Aldi. i take bags only when necessary.

who agrees?

Sam-1990
21-08-06, 20:45
I agree with you, it is great all other stores should ''jump on the band wagon'' so to speak.

BTW - Your display picture is horrible - I cannot stand Grace - Dont want to start off an argument - but Eurgh! she makes me feel sick! I hate her.

Jacob x5
21-08-06, 21:15
I recently bought a USB flashdrive and the man said "Do you want a bag for that?" :p

jarhead
21-08-06, 21:26
we get the shoping delivered and well theres a paper in one bag and a magazine in another, WTF?? why not save space/time and resorces

laracroft2122
21-08-06, 22:57
It is very important

Geck-o-Lizard
21-08-06, 23:33
I normally carry stuff home in a backpack rather than using bags. I'll take one bag to hold the small stuff together, and stick the large items right into the backpack. Saves me a lot of hassle once I get home as well.

I know that it would be difficult to cut down on the amount of bags that we use, but I'd really like to see more places using biodegradable bags! It's unfortunate that recycled paper bags are too expensive to be widely used.

DREWY
21-08-06, 23:52
Over here the supermarkets sell re-useable sturdy carry bags for a nominal fee (we use about 12 to do shopping) and there will soon be an extra charge to use plastic bags. Even the biodegradeable ones. Good move IMO, although the plastic ones do come in handy at times.

Angelx14
22-08-06, 06:09
I always "steal" bags from shop, because we always need them.:p

larasfrend
22-08-06, 08:04
I also always have a bag with me and if I know I'm going to need a lot of room (for groceries) then I take a massive re-usable carrier bag with me.

Taleigha
22-08-06, 15:12
BTW - Your display picture is horrible - I cannot stand Grace - Dont want to start off an argument - but Eurgh! she makes me feel sick! I hate her.
yes my avatar always gets a reaction. i knew it would. but to explain: it was mostly for the sake of the general bb thread, as everyone else was supporting the aisleyne/suzie clan, i couldnt STAND them, so i had to show my support for the opposing side. go gracey!

tr_mitch
22-08-06, 15:13
go gracey!

You do know big brothers finished right? So there's no chance she can win.
Or ever would for that matter.

Night Crawler
22-08-06, 15:13
Meh. It's too much messing about. I don't care about extra club card points, or the enviroment, apparently.

:o

Taleigha
22-08-06, 15:15
You do know big brothers finished right? So there's no chance she can win.
Or ever would for that matter.

no... i didnt know it was finished. christ, when did that happen mitch?

tr_mitch
22-08-06, 15:16
no... i didnt know it was finished. christ, when did that happen mitch?

Friday just gone sunshine, I'm sure if you youtube it you'll get the whole last show.

Taleigha
22-08-06, 15:19
Friday just gone sunshine, I'm sure if you youtube it you'll get the whole last show.
i was infact being sarcastic... sunshine.

tr_mitch
22-08-06, 15:20
i was infact being sarcastic... sunshine.

I was infact also be sarcastic... Sunbeam.

Taleigha
22-08-06, 15:23
I was infact also be sarcastic... Sunbeam.
sue me... and yer ma.

tr_mitch
22-08-06, 15:24
sue me... and yer ma.

Real mature matey.
Good Luck in life :tmb:

Taleigha
22-08-06, 15:25
Real mature matey.
Good Luck in life :tmb:

thats a great story - tell it again...

Neteru
22-08-06, 15:27
Enough with the petty bickering will you kids.

Hurrah4Lara
22-08-06, 19:50
Hello Taleigha.

I haven't seen this advert, though yes, elsewhere in Europe I have often seen it is "Bring Your Own":tmb:.

I here in England have the habit of taking my BackPack (just like Lara:jmp:!)

It would be so easy to stop this crazy wastage:hea: .

H4L:wve:

Greenkey2
22-08-06, 19:52
We reuse most of of our plastic shopping bags as bin liners :D And take them to the store again to use. Trouble is, after so many uses they have a distressing tendancy to split and fall apart - always when you're carrying eggs or heavy bottles of course :rolleyes:

Taleigha
23-08-06, 08:54
It would be so easy to stop this crazy wastage:hea: .

i know i prefer to pack for a customer, because then you can decide how many bags they get. so stupid - i mean this guy wanted to double bag for 1 pint of milk. some people put bags inside bags. and youre like 'what the hell...?' if its something small like a drink i always ask if they need a bag. most say no, but would never have considered it, had i not asked. dont come to my till - its the spanish inquesition! just joking...:D