PDA

View Full Version : Too heavy to handle

BtoFu
22-08-06, 14:19
I imagine most people probably have at some point had to stop perhaps watching a movie or listening to an album or reading a book or watching a clip online, simply because it weighed down too heavily on you. Graphic violence, nauseating details or perhaps something more subtle that just so happened to resonate more with you. If you've had any, what were these things that drove you to hault the proceedings and call for time out?

No need to link us, a description will do! :D

Jonnipants
22-08-06, 14:25
Probably a rather dirty video that one of my crazy friends sent to my phone? :whi: Do I really need to explain why I had to stop watching?

Neteru
22-08-06, 14:27
Natual Born Killers, simply because I found it utterly gratuitous.

Ampersand
22-08-06, 14:32
A PETA video showing animals being skinned alive. I couldn't stop crying.

Jonnipants
22-08-06, 14:34

Oh my god. :|

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 14:34
A film called Salo and the 120 days of sodom, basically about Marquis de Sade and how he mollestered,raped, tortured and even ate children and their poo. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!:tea: funnily enough i watched the whole thing though, im disgusted with myself

BtoFu
22-08-06, 14:36
A film called Salo and the 120 days of sodom, basically about Marquis de Sade and how he mollestered,raped, tortured and even ate children and their poo. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!:tea: funnily enough i watched the whole thing though, im disgusted with myself

This is totally on my list. :hea:

Ampersand
22-08-06, 14:40
Oh my god. :|

One of them was still moving about feebly afterwards. I couldn't watch all of it. :(

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 14:42
This is totally on my list. :hea:

i also recommend:

Necromantik - some perverse sick necrophila film (havent seen it)

Cannibal Holocaust - a cult 1979 film, highly recommened - here we have, real animal mutilation,very gory scenes,rape and a close up shot of a native girl with a pole through her:cen:

if you want sicker films i can more

MiCkiZ88
22-08-06, 14:42
OMG :yik:

I cant think of any videos that have been that disturbing that I havent stopped watching.. hmm.. though I think saw or saw 2 had some scenes I skipped.. cant remember :/

CerebralAssassin
22-08-06, 14:43
try picturing a morbidly obese male stripper..now that's disturbing!!*shivers*:yik:

Thorir
22-08-06, 14:49

I´ve seen it too. It was disgusting. :(

Also, I once saw some extreme kind of S/M video...
A guy (not drugged or dead) having his scrotum cut open. I couldn´t watch much of it. It was posted on some forum ages ago, I didn´t look for it, no. :p

MiCkiZ88
22-08-06, 14:51
try picturing a morbidly obese male stripper..now that's disturbing!!*shivers*:yik:
:yik:

I think I need to go the bathroom now :(

*runs*

BtoFu
22-08-06, 14:52
i also recommend:

Necromantik - some perverse sick necrophila film (havent seen it)

Cannibal Holocaust - a cult 1979 film, highly recommened - here we have, real animal mutilation,very gory scenes,rape and a close up shot of a native girl with a pole through her:cen:

if you want sicker films i can more

I've seen 'em all dude..The Death King, Murder Set Pieces, Aftermath, Begotten, Combat Shock, Last house On Dead End Street and so on..nothing shocks me anymore. :p

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 14:53
ok, the sickest films i have encountered

THE BEAST IN HEAT

Also Known As:
Horrifying Experiments of the S.S. Last Days (USA) (dubbed version)
SS Experiment Part 2 (USA)
SS Hell Camp (USA)

Lager SSadis Kastrat Kommandantur

Also know as:
Captive Women II: Orgies of the Damned
SS Experiment Camp
SS Experiment Love Camp

Love Camp 7

Also know as:

Love camp 7!

Cannibal Ferox

Also know as:

Make them die slowly

Greta - Haus ohne Männer

Also known as:
Greta the Torturer
Greta, the Mad Butcher
Greta, the Sadist
Ilsa, the Wicked Warden
Ilsa: Absolute Power
Wanda, the Wicked Warden

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 15:00
I've seen 'em all dude..The Death King, Murder Set Pieces, Aftermath, Begotten, Combat Shock, Last house On Dead End Street and so on..nothing shocks me anymore. :p

lol are you japanese or chinese i heard they have the best underground sick films over there! Guinea pig films or something

Thorir
22-08-06, 15:03
I´ve seen a Guinea Pig film! :D

It was indeed rather sick.

BtoFu
22-08-06, 15:14
The Guinea Pig stuff is alright, Mermaid In a Manhole, Devil's Experiment and stuff like that. When the first one was released 'Flower Of Flesh and Blood' - some reviewers actually thought it was real and they got the FBI involved haha. That's probably the most artistically balanced of the series and imo the best one.

Flower of Flesh and Blood
Mermaid In a Mahole
He Never Dies
Devil's Experiment
Android of Notre Dame
Devil Doctor Woman
Slaughter Special

I think there's 8 in total. I'm half Chinese, half Korean..so I miss out on plenty of the good Japanese stuff because my Japanese isn't that remarkable and plenty of the stuff isn't subtitled on DVD. :p

A heavy duty one from Hong Kong is Bunman: The Untold Story..chopsticks getting stuck err..I'll leave it to your imagination.

:vlol:

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 15:19
The Guinea Pig stuff is alright, Mermaid In a Manhole, Devil's Experiment and stuff like that. When the first one was released 'Flower Of Flesh and Blood' - some reviewers actually thought it was real and they got the FBI involved haha. That's probably the most artistically balanced of the series and imo the best one.

Flower of Flesh and Blood
Mermaid In a Mahole
He Never Dies
Devil's Experiment
Android of Notre Dame
Devil Doctor Woman
Slaughter Special

I think there's 8 in total. I'm half Chinese, half Korean..so I miss out on plenty of the good Japanese stuff because my Japanese isn't that remarkable and plenty of the stuff isn't subtitled on DVD. :p

A heavy duty one from Hong Kong is Bunman: The Untold Story..chopsticks getting stuck err..I'll leave it to your imagination.

:vlol:

you ever heard of mondo cane? created in 1960 something it's a serious of semi-documentary/film things on strange parts of life. Some of it is just sick, while some it funny.

Night Crawler
22-08-06, 15:21
I watched someone commit suicide, It's definatly not something I saw coming so didn't have time to stop watching! Made me feel quite ill. The video was mislabled, I certainly wouldn't have downloaded and watched something so disturbing on purpose.

So I think after seeing that I can pretty much sit through anything. http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8409/confused2cj6.gif

BtoFu
22-08-06, 15:25
Yeah I got his Blue Underground boxset about a year ago..it's going on eBay now and fetching a pretty penny since it was discontinued. I still haven't watched Goodbye Uncle Tom from the set. Interesting stuff..I actually made a short film loosely based on 'A Dog's Life' for my AV class.

Wow that's heavy Night Crawler..I was linked to a video of a Russian Soldier getting his throat cut a couple of years ago, it was amongst a bunch of funny clip links and I managed to stop it when I realised it wasn't fakery...made it just in time too.

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 15:34
Yeah I got his Blue Underground boxset about a year ago..it's going on eBay now and fetching a pretty penny since it was discontinued. I still haven't watched Goodbye Uncle Tom from the set. Interesting stuff..I actually made a short film loosely based on 'A Dog's Life' for my AV class.

Wow that's heavy Night Crawler..I was linked to a video of a Russian Soldier getting his throat cut a couple of years ago, it was amongst a bunch of funny clip links and I managed to stop it when I realised it wasn't fakery...made it just in time too.

i recommend this film:

http://movies.nnov.ru/Covers/Pink%20Flamingos.jpg

the plot says it all:

A family of rednecks and a pair of swingers do battle with one another for the rights to the title "The Filthiest People Alive." :D

rika2
22-08-06, 15:36
I've seen really sick stuff... both violence and sex but I'm strong :D Except for this one time... er, if I told you I'd get banned :p

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 15:38
I've seen really sick stuff... both violence and sex but I'm strong :D Except for this one time... er, if I told you I'd get banned :p

PM me!

jarhead
22-08-06, 15:39

agreed and some sick twisted music video inclusing phone calles form 9/11

and vile horrible twisted photo of an american gernal massacaring a family :(

Taleigha
22-08-06, 15:40
schindlers list. *shivers just thinking about it* i had to go out the room.

rika2
22-08-06, 15:48
PM me!

are you sure? :D

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 15:49
are you sure? :D

yea!!

jarhead
22-08-06, 15:51
ive seen various photos of stuff which isnt allowed in the public eye like news and papers. like people falling form buildings, crushed etc

but nothing compares to seeing an autopsy of an 18 year old-

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 15:55
ive seen various photos of stuff which isnt allowed in the public eye like news and papers. like people falling form buildings, crushed etc

but nothing compares to seeing an autopsy of an 18 year old-

lovely jubbly lol

rika2
22-08-06, 15:56
yea!!

done ;)

Pipolinne
22-08-06, 16:03
Some more subtle,once I pre-avoid terror films,etc. But sometimes you just don't know what's coming :D. And I'm not just talking about gory,horror contents;there are love stories much more violent than the gorier film:

-A book called The weavers of Saramyr II: the first volume was a very original fantasy plot,the second one was like if the author decided to stop being creative,prefering instead to award us with his inner violence. Men eating children and women;people being skinned alive and their skin used...well,more than disgusting,awful.

- A french TV film:we have this misterious pharmaceutic company,placed in the middle of a wood,which main goal is too create a product capable of guarantee eternal youth;then we see some people disappearing...resuming,lol,we never get to see a single fang.It was not necessary.

- The Brothel: a Korean film featuring a love story in,you guessed it right,a brothel near the lake.It's...heavy.Fortunately,i recorded it,so I could skip some scenes.Let us say it involved a man fishing a woman.Now,picture yourseves the rest.

- The final kiss scene in POTC II: easily,one of the most violent and perverse things I've ever written or read.Laclo's "Dangerous Liaisons" is a story between naughty people near that. I didn't get away,but I spent an entire week in a very low mood and feeling more or less alienated.

Andromeda66
22-08-06, 16:09
The Silence of The Lambs *shudder shudder*

sweetPoison
22-08-06, 17:28
I just couldn't watch Catwoman. :yik: Awful film. :o Awful acting. :o Catwoman experienced a colour change. This time something Michael Jackson would never do. :o Terrible script. Probably stolen from a five year old wannabe writer. :o Wacko woman trying to take over the world with freaky face cream. yuck! That's enough to put off viewers.

BtoFu
22-08-06, 19:13
- The Brothel: a Korean film featuring a love story in,you guessed it right,a brothel near the lake.It's...heavy.Fortunately,i recorded it,so I could skip some scenes.Let us say it involved a man fishing a woman.Now,picture yourseves the rest.

This sounds familiar but I know it under the title 'The Isle'

http://www.bonnerkinemathek.de/filme/seon/the-isle_04p.jpg

Is this is the one you're talking about?

http://www.film-forward.com/badguy.jpg

Or perhaps 'Bad Guy'?

Greenkey2
22-08-06, 19:18
I was thoroughly disturbed by The Matrix the first time I watched it :( But I did get over my bad feelings and low mood and see it again - and every subsequent time the bad feeling has (thankfully) gone away.

But nothing can make me sit through an episode of Teletubbies or Tweenies. I feel ill just thinking about them :pi:

Reggie
22-08-06, 19:20
The peta video featuring the animal being skinned alive (I think ampersand mentioned it too...just horrible. :() and the live autopsy on C4...

@Greenkey: How come you were so disturbed by the Matrix?

jarhead
22-08-06, 19:21
oh i quite enjoyed the autopsy thing, i love to learn about stuff and well we watched it in science and gained a lot of usefull stuff form it

Paperdoll
22-08-06, 19:25

It wasn't about Marquis de Sade, it was based on his novel. He liked to sodomize young girls and prostitutes though, that's why he spent alot of time in jail :p

Worst thing I've seen was a video of one of those captured men that ended up getting their heads chopped off. That and researching some stuff and coming across accounts of gruesome murders of parents killing their children, etc. That last one, made me break down like I never did. Apart from that, if it's fiction (as in movies) it'll hardly shock me.

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 19:29
It wasn't about Marquis de Sade, it was based on his novel. He liked to sodomize young girls and prostitutes though, that's why he spent alot of time in jail :p

Worst thing I've seen was a video of one of those captured men that ended up getting their heads chopped off. That and researching some stuff and coming across accounts of gruesome murders of parents killing their children, etc. That last one, made me break down like I never did. Apart from that, if it's fiction (as in movies) it'll hardly shock me.

your right i was thinking of albert fish lol

jarhead

oh yes i felt very dry throated when i read about those

and if its fiction it hardly saddens me unless it involves rape and children :(

Pipolinne
Btofu, I suppose it's the first one,though I no longer recall the actress that well.

Greenkey2
@Greenkey: How come you were so disturbed by the Matrix?

I think it was the idea that you couldn't trust your own senses; that the world and every possible way you perceived it were an illusion. It rattled me a little bit. Sad I know :p

Scionic Evil
22-08-06, 19:31
I think it was the idea that you couldn't trust your own senses; that the world and every possible way you perceived it were an illusion. It rattled me a little bit. Sad I know :p

No it's not sad, theres no proof that we do actually exist. Human curiousity is what seperates us from the animals.