PDA

View Full Version : For the older folk... when's the last time you felt 18?

interstellardave
24-08-06, 18:16
Okay, this might be a dumb thread, or it might be fun! If you're close to, or in your 40's (or older), when's the last time you really felt like you were a teenager again? I'm looking for a really specific moment that "took you back" as it were, something that happened or that you did which isn't the norm for you anymore. I'm not looking for the old "I always feel young at heart" or the like... ;)

I'm 40 years old, and for me it was just last weekend. My wife was out of town at a scrapbooking event with her friends and I was out and about, just killing time and spending a little cash on myself. I went in Best Buy and decided to buy some cd's (now, most of the time these days I just listen to talk radio in the car). I get an Eric Clapton cd with hits from not only his solo career but his time with Blind Faith and Cream too. Then I pick up a 2 disc Black Sabbath collection--all songs from the original Sabbath lineup (when they were great).

So, 10 minutes later, I'm cruising down the road with the Black Sabbath song Supernaut (always a favorite of mine) playing at high volume! I'm doing air guitar and drums at red lights like a real dork, LOL! And then I realized what a cool moment it was because it was like a moment straight out of 1984 for me! That was a good day! :D

Lavinder
24-08-06, 18:21
Okay, this might be a dumb thread, or it might be fun! If you're close to, or in your 40's (or older), when's the last time you really felt like you were a teenager again? I'm looking for a really specific moment that "took you back" as it were, something that happened or that you did which isn't the norm for you anymore. I'm not looking for the old "I always feel young at heart" or the like... ;)

I'm 40 years old, and for me it was just last weekend. My wife was out of town at a scrapbooking event with her friends and I was out and about, just killing time and spending a little cash on myself. I went in Best Buy and decided to buy some cd's (now, most of the time these days I just listen to talk radio in the car). I get an Eric Clapton cd with hits from not only his solo career but his time with Blind Faith and Cream too. Then I pick up a 2 disc Black Sabbath collection--all songs from the original Sabbath lineup (when they were great).

So, 10 minutes later, I'm cruising down the road with the Black Sabbath song Supernaut (always a favorite of mine) playing at high volume! I'm doing air guitar and drums at red lights like a real dork, LOL! And then I realized what a cool moment it was because it was like a moment straight out of 1984 for me! That was a good day! :D

:D:D I would have loved to have watched you, it would have brought a smile to my face.

Keep it up, do things you like to do not the society.

Neteru
24-08-06, 18:30
Well I'm not in my 40's yet (35), but the last time I felt like a teenager, specifically I felt like I was 17 again, was when I was 27 years old and I ditched a look I had carried for ten years. Co-incidentally the Eurythmics (my favourite group) also had a 'comeback' album out at that specific time, and the first single was 17 Again! :D

Lone Raider
24-08-06, 18:36
Happens to me all the time... I seem to be going backwards now. I'm sillier than I used to be ten years ago :D probably because no stupid relationship is dragging me down and the kids are a great laugh.
When I fill out the umpteenth quiz at myspace... sometimes I realise this is all for kiddos... but really, mostly I don't, and happily find out if I have the heart of a Dumbledore or if my favourite colour is really red... :D

Wolfguard
24-08-06, 18:37
Lines form on my face and hands
Lines form from the ups and downs
I'm in the middle without any plans
I'm a boy and I'm a man

I'm eighteen
and I don't know what I want
Eighteen
I just don't know what I want
Eighteen
I gotta get away
I gotta get out of this place
I'll go runnin in outer space
Oh yeah

I got a
baby's brain and an old man's heart
Took eighteen years to get this far
Don't always know what I'm talkin' about
Feels like I'm livin in the middle of doubt
Cause I'm

Eighteen
I get confused every day
Eighteen
I just don't know what to say
Eighteen
I gotta get away

Lines form on my face and my hands
Lines form on the left and right
I'm in the middle
the middle of life
I'm a boy and I'm a man
I'm eighteen and I LIKE IT
Yes I like it
Oh I like it
Love it
Like it
Love it
Eighteen!
Eighteen!
Eighteen!
Eighteen and I LIKE IT

- Alice Cooper

interstellardave
24-08-06, 18:37
Yeah, you really don't have to be in your 40's I guess, just if it's been a while since you've felt that young again--those would be the best stories! I hope this topic is a sucess... I'd like to hear other peoples' experiences with this. :)

L.C
24-08-06, 19:36
Nice idea for a thread.

I've always had moments of silly teenage-ness, however the most recent impact has to be last year when I started taking photos again. The feeling's still there to this day every time I put my camera together and snap away--I really get quite giddy being able to do what I always loved doing as a teenager :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-08-06, 20:18
I felt 18 last year.... When I was 18. :vlol:

I'm not old enough for this game. :p

Hurrah4Lara
24-08-06, 21:31
I felt 18 last year.... When I was 18. :vlol:

I'm not old enough for this game. :p

:D

Well, at 42 I am old enough:p!

I reckon I have a young disposition most days:D:o.

Today I suppose is a good example: I played a trick on my Boss:yik: who is weak with numbers! So he had to split £5 change equally between three important guests under time pressure (with added H4L-complications:jmp:!).:vlol:

H4L:wve: [Jessika]

interstellardave
25-08-06, 00:21

Well, at 42 I am old enough:p!

I reckon I have a young disposition most days:D:o.

Today I suppose is a good example: I played a trick on my Boss:yik: who is weak with numbers! So he had to split £5 change equally between three important guests under time pressure (with added H4L-complications:jmp:!).:vlol:

H4L:wve: [Jessika]

Playing tricks on your boss is fun--so long as you don't get fired! But what's "H4L" mean?

Jake Croft
25-08-06, 01:33
Her username :D
Hurrah4Lara

B-thoven66
25-08-06, 02:04
Finally, a thread for the elder!
I think the last time I felt like a teenager was on February 14th, 2003. I liked a girl those days (of course she didn't knew that), and I called her and invited her to go out and get some laughs about all the Valentine celebrating people. I said that it would be funny to look at their foolish sweetheart faces. :tea:
Later that very night I told her I liked her and wanted to be her boyfriend. But I felt very shy about this and it was incredibly hard for me to find the words to tell her the way I felt.
Luckily she said 'yes'.
Everybody please give me an "aaaaah" (as if you were looking a lovely puppet)... :D

T.Onix
25-08-06, 03:32
Last time I felt 18 was on february 4th, 2000.

On february 5th, 2000, I turned 19

angelika
25-08-06, 06:19
I'm 27 now heading full for 28 (next week:D )

The thing is I look a lot younger than I actually am so I take advantage of it everytime I can.
Last time I felt 18, was 6 years ago when I visited some friends of my mine who study in another city. I spent 3 days there living like a student -out everynight partying and ending up with a fire at the beach at dawn. :jmp:

I had a similar moment yesterday when I received some really old cds, went home played it really loud and started dancing aroung the house. It really reminded me the days I was 17-20 and I was listening this music in the summer clubs.:D

Angelx14
25-08-06, 06:32

I am still a teenager, but when I will be 40, then I'll tell some of my stories.;)

Dante Croft
25-08-06, 07:10
1 Year ago about :D

:vlol: I'm 19 at the moment just like angelx14, I'll tell you when I turn 40.
And see how you like being old i can tease you for being like in your 50 - 60s.

Jonnipants
25-08-06, 07:12
Ask again in 5 years when I become one quarter of a century old. :| Actually, knowing me, I'll be acting 18 until I'm 40. :D

Neteru
25-08-06, 10:07
Everybody please give me an "aaaaah" (as if you were looking a lovely puppet)... :D
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

How's that? :D

interstellardave
25-08-06, 11:14
I had a similar moment yesterday when I received some really old cds, went home played it really loud and started dancing aroung the house. It really reminded me the days I was 17-20 and I was listening this music in the summer clubs.:D

Ah yes, this one is similar to mine! Music can really "take you back" can't it? :D

L.C
25-08-06, 11:27
Ah yes, this one is similar to mine! Music can really "take you back" can't it? :DAs can someone's new avatar---nice! :D

B-thoven66
25-08-06, 15:42
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
How's that? :D
Perfect as usual, Net. :tmb:

Thorir
25-08-06, 16:21
When I fell down the stairs of a bar and got thrown out by the bouncers. I can´t remember how I got home... Aaah, sweet 18 again!

jackles
25-08-06, 18:31
Today! My son has gone on holiday with his mate for a week and for the first time in ages I am on my own and child free!

ChocChipCookie
25-08-06, 18:54
The one thing that comes to mind would be a works Christmas do we had about 3 years ago. It was a few months after my mum had passed away and I hadn't been out 'on the town' for a long time. Well, let's just say I made up for lost time and ended up a bit worse for wear (mainly thanks to my work mates refilling my glass everytime my back was turned). At the end of the evening, the bus dropped me off at my house where I promptly crawled up the stairs and crashed out. I woke up in the morning sprawled on the bed, still fully clothed but utterly freezing. I staggered down the stairs only to discover the house was lit up like a Christmas tree because I'd left all the lights on, but worse than that, I'd left the front door wide open all night:yik: No wonder it was so cold :D

tampi
25-08-06, 19:06
thank you too for that post

the last time? ....now
I want to feel how a teenager all the days a few

When i weak up in the morning fell my muscles and my head, and my bones how Conan the barbarian after of a battle....grrrr :p :)

interstellardave
25-08-06, 19:16
I want to thank everyone so far who has shared a moment... I just thought it was one of those revelatory moments for me that anyone might have as they get a little older. It was a nice feeling to have!

tampi
25-08-06, 23:10
thank you too for that post

the last time? ....now
I want to feel how a teenager all the days a few

When i weak up in the morning fell my muscles and my head, and my bones how Conan the barbarian after of a battle....grrrr :p :)

buf…. Sorry, :(
I see that my english, every day is worse.
I meant that: When I rise by the mornings, I feel muscles, the head and the bones as Conan the Barbarian after a battle.

I am in route 66 also.

( Somebody can say to me an quick and good program of translation that can serve to me? I have the Babylon but I see that he is insufficient. Thanks in advance.)

Taleigha
26-08-06, 17:40
not that long ago. 18 wasnt really my best age anyway. maybe when i was 10. or 17. theres a world of difference between when i was 17 and 18. believe me.

clairelovestlc
26-08-06, 19:09
im only 20, but at the moment im feeling more like im in my 50's physically mentally and emotionally exhausted!!

Last time i felt 18 would probably be a few months ago