PDA

View Full Version : Chickenpox

Mad Tony
24-08-06, 18:24
I've just realised something.
When I was about eight, I went on vacation for two weeks with my family.
And my little sister had Chickenpox.
And I was with her for all of the two weeks.
And I never caught it.

I am a bit worried at the moment.
Seen as i'm 13 and I haven't had Chikenpox yet.
I heard it's worse when you're older.

Betal
24-08-06, 18:30
don't know what chickenpox is:O

Neteru
24-08-06, 18:33
Apparently it is worse when you're older. But even if you've had it as a child, you can still get it again as an adult, in the form of shingles.

Shark_Blade
24-08-06, 18:34
When you get it as a child,it's highly unlikely you'll get it again in your life. Well,when you're older, it'll be just tad annoying to have them and you can't get out much.Nephili just got one few months ago

Real Life Lara
24-08-06, 18:34
Eeek Ive never had it... Im actually hoping I dont get it anytime soon, in the past it woulda been a blessing to get that long off school for it, but now Im doing highers I hope it doesnt ever get in the way o_O

Mad Tony
24-08-06, 18:35
But what I don't understand is, is that I came into contact with my little sister, who had chickenpox!
Why didn't I get it?

tr_mitch
24-08-06, 18:42
But what I don't understand is, is that I came into contact with my little sister, who had chickenpox!
Why didn't I get it?

Just because it's highly contagious, doesn't mean your always going to get it... Thats the way the world works.:o

Hybrid Soldier
24-08-06, 19:27
I've just realised something.
When I was about eight, I went on vacation for two weeks with my family.
And my little sister had Chickenpox.
And I was with her for all of the two weeks.
And I never caught it.

I am a bit worried at the moment.
Seen as i'm 13 and I haven't had Chikenpox yet.
I heard it's worse when you're older.

Speaking of, i had chicken pox last September...I had a mild form of it when i was younger and guess what? I got them the exact day of my birthday. September 18th, i remember saying that was god's present to me. To be honest, i didn't like it. :p

Assassino
24-08-06, 19:31
Oh God!
I had a realllly bad case of it but mine was open-wound like boils on my skin with the red rash too! I was eight and it happened at Crimbo!!!!:(

Then when it had gone I had measles straight after!:(

L.C
24-08-06, 19:57
I've lived through a few decades myself and have never come down with it. I've had contact with infected people all throughout my life, including my own son's case a few years ago.

His doctor told me I probably had such a mild strain of it sometime in my life that I hardly noticed it.

I think I was just lucky with immunity, as I recall no one in my immediate family ever had it either.

Mad Tony
24-08-06, 20:08
I've lived through a few decades myself and have never come down with it. I've had contact with infected people all throughout my life, including my own son's case a few years ago.

His doctor told me I probably had such a mild strain of it sometime in my life that I hardly noticed it.

I think I was just lucky with immunity, as I recall no one in my immediate family ever had it either.

Very odd.
I think everyone in my immediate family had it.
But for some reason I just didn't get it when my sister had it. :confused:
My science teacher said I may have had a case so mild that I may not have notcied.

Or maybee i'm immune, for some reason. :confused:

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-08-06, 20:13
Well you need to get them soon then, most parents just expose their kids to it so they can get it over with. That's what my mom did. :vlol:

I got he chickenpox when I was 12 or 13 and it was horrible! My little brother got the chicken pox just before me and it wasn't bad at all for him, he barely even broke out, you could barely notice! My older brother was just a baby when he got teh chicken pox, so he was safe. My mom figured I should get the chicken pox when my younger brother did, so I was around him just like I normally was before. Sure enough, I got it, just a million, billion times worse than he had it. I was broken out all over, even inside my mouth, back in my throat. Lasted about a week and I managed. It was no fun at all, but I'm glad it's done. I made sure I didn't scratch at all; because of that, I don't have any scars. :D That's a relief. Some people get terrible scars from them because they scratched so much.

Try to get the chicken pox asap, I know that sounds horrible, but you should! Take a lot of oatmeal baths and do NOT scratch. You should be fine. :)

Mad Tony
24-08-06, 20:16
Well you need to get them soon then, most parents just expose their kids to it so they can get it over with. That's what my mom did. :vlol:

I got he chickenpox when I was 12 or 13 and it was horrible! My little brother got the chicken pox just before me and it wasn't bad at all for him, he barely even broke out, you could barely notice! My older brother was just a baby when he got teh chicken pox, so he was safe. My mom figured I should get the chicken pox when my younger brother did, so I was around him just like I normally was before. Sure enough, I got it, just a million, billion times worse than he had it. I was broken out all over, even inside my mouth, back in my throat. Lasted about a week and I managed. It was no fun at all, but I'm glad it's done. I made sure I didn't scratch at all; because of that, I don't have any scars. :D That's a relief. Some people get terrible scars from them because they scratched so much.

Try to get the chicken pox asap, I know that sounds horrible, but you should! Take a lot of oatmeal baths and do NOT scratch. You should be fine. :)
But I came into contact with my little sister loads of times.
And she had Chickenpox!

L.C
24-08-06, 20:17
I think he has been exposed, Melonie, as I had been, and never came down with them. Nice idea, but it doesn't always work. It's not so simple for some people ;)

Dazzy
24-08-06, 20:28
I had Chickenpox when I was really young, and man does it itch, I couldn't stop itching myself, if felt like someone had put itching poweder all over me for a laugh. I'm glad it's gone!

jarhead
24-08-06, 20:36
ive only had chicken pox when i was younger, but yer ist suppsoed to get worse with age

xMiSsCrOfTx
24-08-06, 20:38
I had them when I was 10 and I got them real bad. I didn't have hardly any itching though, it was almost like I just had spots and they didn't effect me at all. I felt a little nausious though.

Lavinder
24-08-06, 20:39
I had them when I was 4 and I cannot remember anything! :jmp: