PDA

View Full Version : A movie which made you cry..

Angelx14
25-08-06, 11:39
..or feel really sad.

For me it was - "Titanic" and "I am Sam".:)

How about you guys.:D

Lavinder
25-08-06, 11:40
LOTR Trilogy.

The Notebook.

tons actually :(:(:(:(

TombRaiderLover
25-08-06, 11:42
Midnight Cowboy :whi:

jarhead
25-08-06, 11:42
i dontn cry at films, there all fake in reality

but my mum creis at the coffin bit in wuthering heights, armageddon and deep impact ( when they say goodbye tp their families)

Autolycus
25-08-06, 11:45
Can't believe i'm revealing this but is was the films 'Ghost' and 'A.I' could'nt help it i cried like a baby, very embarrassing.

Neteru
25-08-06, 11:47
The Color (sic) Purple
The Green Mile.

Andromeda66
25-08-06, 11:47
I Am Sam
The Pianist (Why did Hosenfeld have to die *sniff* :( )
Life is Beautiful

To name a few off the top of my head.

ace_85
25-08-06, 11:49
The last film that made me cry was probably Man On Fire. It's weird, because on one level it's almost like an action film, but the ending is very sad :(

Angelx14
25-08-06, 11:55
The Color (sic) Purple
The Green Mile.
Oh, yeah right, and "The Green Mile"..

TombRaiderLover
25-08-06, 11:55
The Green Mile.
Why did John have to die?? :( That was his name, wasn't it? John Coffey?

Andromeda66
25-08-06, 11:57
LOTR Trilogy.

Have you read the book? I soaked my handkerchief when I came to the song they wrote for Gandalf *sob* *sniff* *sniff* Oh dont get me started. :(

Kamrusepas
25-08-06, 11:58
The Green Mile
Sleepers

MiCkiZ88
25-08-06, 12:06
The Green Mile.

:( I admit that I cried a bit at that movie.. it was so touching..
and I cant remember but there was this some kinda dog movie where, well.. the dog died.. :( very touching aswell..

Lara's Boy
25-08-06, 12:07
I don't usually cry during films, but I would have to say that The Pianist and actually Beyond Borders are the ones that have brought me the closest.

Oh! And the film adaptation of Flowers for Algernon!! That is such a touching movie, I didn't think I had those sorts of emotions!

Rivendell
25-08-06, 12:20
The Return of the King, for about the last 3/4 of an hour

King Kong - teary (not "crying") but with a massive lump in my throat

:wve: :(

VonCroy360
25-08-06, 12:22
I don't cry at movies, but the one that was really sad was Crash :(

Rivendell
25-08-06, 12:22
I couldn't stand that ^ film, I couldn't wait til it ended!

Lavinder
25-08-06, 12:23
Have you read the book? I soaked my handkerchief when I came to the song they wrote for Gandalf *sob* *sniff* *sniff* Oh dont get me started. :(

Yeah, :(:(:(

ChocChipCookie
25-08-06, 12:23
I blub at lots of things, but here are the worst offenders:

Field of Dreams
Green Mile
Schindlers List
Lion King :whi:

I know there's more, but they're not coming to me now...

Edit: Forgot King Kong and Beaches

Rivendell
25-08-06, 12:24
Oh crap, Lion King! That has the same effect on me that King Kong does !

Thorir
25-08-06, 12:25
Dancer in the Dark. :(

I've seen it all
I've seen the dark
I've seen the brightness
In one little spark
I've seen what I chose
And I've seen what I need
And that is enough
To want more would be greed
I've seen what I was
And I know what I'll be
I've seen it all
There is no more to see..

LegenDarY
25-08-06, 12:27
the only one i can remember is the lion king, when Simba's dad died.. :(

and that was ages ago.. i never cry during movies..

jarhead
when i was younger i felt a bit teary eyed watching bamby and the mother getting shot bit, and bambi's face afterwards and him walking off :(

Lara's Boy
I don't cry at movies, but the one that was really sad was Crash :(

I almost forgot this movie!! I didn't come close to tearing up in the slightest, but it was highly emotional nonetheless!

MiCkiZ88
25-08-06, 12:28
How could I forget Lion King! It was the first movie that made me feel really sad..

Rivendell
25-08-06, 12:31
when i was younger i felt a bit teary eyed watching bamby and the mother getting shot bit, and bambi's face afterwards and him walking off :(

I think Bambi is the saddest cartoon made, proper tearjerker. I've not watched it since I was little, and I don't dare!

Lavinder
25-08-06, 12:36
Lion King makes me sad, alot and Bambi, I got that on video :p

GodOfLight
25-08-06, 12:40
Oh yes, "King Kong" made me teary eyed... so did "V for Vendetta"...

"Billy Elliot" also always gets me somehow...

Rivendell
25-08-06, 12:41
The last 2 mins of V for Vendetta got me like that too GoL.. And swell with pride too for some reason, maybe it was empathising for the characters!

Edit: Actually, so did the bit when Evey was in prison, and reading the letters about how the Party took control :(

angelika
25-08-06, 12:42
The end of an affair
Titanic
Crouching tiger Hidden Dragon
9 1/2 weeks (I cried a lot at the end)

I've cried in many....I'll edit more

Lavinder
25-08-06, 12:42
I'm so sensitive to storylines :p

da tomb raider!
25-08-06, 12:43
There is only one film which made me cry. Finding Nemo.

ChocChipCookie
25-08-06, 12:43
Oh crap, Lion King! That has the same effect on me that King Kong does !

I know! And it's not just the part where Mufasa dies (although that is really sad I know), the music gets to me as well. And the part where Simba is told off by his dad for going to the elephant graveyard, and Simba says in his little quiet voice: 'But I was just trying to be brave....like you' That bit gets to me too, for some reason :( Love the film though, even if it does turn me into an emotional wreck everytime I watch it:D

thepetemaster
25-08-06, 12:44
Touching the Void for me - amazing what the human spirit can overcome.

Rivendell
25-08-06, 12:44
The opening chords of song get to me aswell :o

ace_85
25-08-06, 12:46
Touching the Void for me - amazing what the human spirit can overcome.

That was a fantastic documentary. I still have no idea how that guy made it down from the mountain, he had a level of determination and courage I can't even begin to compute

CerebralAssassin
25-08-06, 12:56
titanic,if only...only these I can remember off the top of my head:D

Rickéh
25-08-06, 13:00
Titanic for me :p

rika2
25-08-06, 13:01
I don't cry.

Real Life Lara
25-08-06, 13:06
Watership down :( Even the song Bright Eyes totally gets me... =[ I still love it though.

Meh... other ones like Titanic, Green Mile etc too. :wve: Oh and Ghost :p

K.J
25-08-06, 13:08
hmm...Fahrenheit. I know it's not a "real" movie, but still;)

Lavinder
25-08-06, 13:08
The tracks from LOTR called :

The End of All Things
The Return Of The King
Shelob's Lair
Samwise the brave (This ones a killer :'( )

rika2
25-08-06, 13:19

The End of All Things
The Return Of The King
Shelob's Lair
Samwise the brave (This ones a killer :'( )

yes Howard Shore is amazing, but if it had been Blind Guardian who had written the score... it would have been a masterpiece! They were asked but Hansi refused...

Lavinder
25-08-06, 13:20
yes Howard Shore is amazing, but if it had been Blind Guardian who had written the score... it would have been a masterpiece! They were asked but Hansi refused...

I could not imagine it any other way :)

Legend of Lara
25-08-06, 13:23
King Kong. *sniff* Farewell, big gorilla! :(

TombRaiderLover
25-08-06, 13:32
King Kong. *sniff* Farewell, big gorilla! :(
Watch the original. You won't cry then. The original makes Kong like a monster, the remake makes him look like a cute little gorilla, goo-goo!

GodOfLight
25-08-06, 13:34
Edit: Actually, so did the bit when Evey was in prison, and reading the letters about how the Party took control :(

yes, that scene was very powerful and moving. that really was great film... i need to watch it again :D

tampi
25-08-06, 16:40
finding nemo too :cln:
I have a daughter :)

jaroro
25-08-06, 16:46
Dancer in the Dark

StarCroft:AOD
25-08-06, 16:49
Gladiator.

Hybrid Soldier
25-08-06, 16:53
King Kong - teary (not "crying") but with a massive lump in my throat

:wve: :(

Same here.

Rivendell
25-08-06, 17:06

The End of All Things

That track and "Into the West", erk, I get a lump in my throat just thinking about them!

TR3LaraCroft
25-08-06, 17:09
Titanic
Byond Borders
Passion of the Christ
Lord of the Rings "Fellowship of the Ring" after they come out of the Mines of Moria. When they think Gandalf is gone. *sniffle*

Scottlee
25-08-06, 17:12
Titanic
Leon
Empire of the sun

Alive_and_Funky
25-08-06, 17:14
Short Circuit 2. :(

Catapharact
25-08-06, 17:21
Anything Directed by Uwe Bowl.

*Cries* Would someone make this sorry excuse for a director stop!

Thorir
25-08-06, 17:21
Oh. I remember one now.
When The Last Sword is Drawn.
Japanese samurai drama. I have never, ever sobbed so much from a film! Not even from Bambi when I was little!

It´s not sad, just incredibly touching... Brilliant film, but be sure you watch it alone.

~*~Chloe~*~
25-08-06, 18:34
Titanic and the Disney Herculies :D

jackles
25-08-06, 18:38
The corpse Bride was the last film I cried over...I can feel myself getting all emotional at the thought of it!

Mind you I cry easily at anything emotional!

I can remember watching Lassie with my daughter and she was sobbing so hard that the neighbours must have thought she had been beaten!!!!

~*~Chloe~*~
25-08-06, 18:39
Dunno if this counts but I cried at the AOD ending

tr_mitch
25-08-06, 18:40
I feel like i have no heart...I have never cried at any film. :o

rika2
25-08-06, 18:41

we're two then... But I've seen many sad movies, being one of them my all-time fav: Braveheart.

jackles
25-08-06, 18:49
we're two then... But I've seen many sad movies, being one of them my all-time fav: Braveheart.

The saddest thing about Braveheart is Mel Gibson....he HATES the english!!

*makes muttering sounds*

;)

jackles
25-08-06, 19:00
*gets sorta back on topic*

When my mate went to see Titanic she took in her own bottle of fizzy drink. When she was opening it she dropped the bottle which exploded everywhere, rolled under the seats and proceeded to pour out all down the stairs. They had their very own little flood! Very realistic!

Natla'd
25-08-06, 19:11
Have you got three hours? :p

Of the top of my head, I can think of...Snoopy Come Home, Terminator 2, Brokeback Mountain and, I know this isn't a movie, but at least five episodes of Futurama.

Lavinder
25-08-06, 19:25
Have you got three hours? :p

Of the top of my head, I can think of...Snoopy Come Home, Terminator 2, Brokeback Mountain and, I know this isn't a movie, but at least five episodes of Futurama.
If we are on to Episodes then several Lost episodes have made me cry :p SO MUCH.

jarhead
25-08-06, 19:26
If we are on to Episodes then several Lost episodes have made me cry :p

hmmm i know someone who cries at neihgbours, when there was a wedding once :confused: . i never cry at TV shows, got a bit teary eyed watching that hiroshima documentary about the mother

Lavinder
25-08-06, 19:31
hmmm i know someone who cries at neihgbours, when there was a wedding once :confused: . i never cry at TV shows, got a bit teary eyed watching that hiroshima documentary about the mother

I get to intwined in storylines if the actors are good.

I would not cry at neighbours, last time I saw it it was cheesy as hell.

Documentary's or Comic Relief show with the clips of people make me feel so down and I cant help but cry :(

Karri
25-08-06, 19:49
Terminator 2. Titanic. When I was thirteen. :D
:o ...

Karri
25-08-06, 19:52
*gets sorta back on topic*

When my mate went to see Titanic she took in her own bottle of fizzy drink. When she was opening it she dropped the bottle which exploded everywhere, rolled under the seats and proceeded to pour out all down the stairs. They had their very own little flood! Very realistic!

Laughed my butt off :D :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-08-06, 21:00
Oh gosh, I cry in movies all the time. I hate when I do though, and I hate when other people see me sobbing over a movie. :p Hmm, some that have recently made me cry are...

- Beyond Borders
- World Trade Center (saw that in theaters)
- A Little Princess

There are tons more, just can't remember them at the moment.

Lenochka
25-08-06, 21:17
A walk to remember ( such a sad ending )
Set It Off
The diary of anne frank ( when her and her family got seperated when they first arrived to the camps )
schindlers list ( basically everything about the holocaust makes me cry... )

Thats all i can remember at the moment

Mad Tony
25-08-06, 21:19
The ending of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (James Bond moive) Almost Made me cry, when his wife gets shot dead at the end of the movie.

Sofitegan
25-08-06, 21:31
Rabbit proof fence.

Abentee
25-08-06, 22:13
Movie that made me cry? Hm. "A walk to remember", I think. The end was sad. Anyway, I prefer to watch horror and fantasy films or anime than movies about love ^^

Real Life Lara
25-08-06, 22:14

Youre made of stone!! :p

BtoFu
25-08-06, 22:33
Eesh I see so many. Last one was Il Mare, I think... :o

sweetPoison
25-08-06, 23:05
Edward Scissorhands. :D

The scene in Forces of Nature when Sandra Bullock left Ben Afleck at the party at the end. :o

Farewell My Concubine. :( I cried like a baby.

Lenochka
25-08-06, 23:09
The scene in Forces of Nature when Sandra Bullock left Ben Afleck at the party at the end. :o

That has to be one of my favorite movies :) that part made me tear up alittle too, I wanted him to run in dump her and run back out to sandra

sweetPoison
25-08-06, 23:11
That has to be one of my favorite movies :) that part made me tear up alittle too, I wanted him to run in dump her and run back out to sandra

I really wanted him to do that also. :D That wife of his was so ugly anyway. And the bad thing was, my mother was also watching and so I couldn't exactly go boo hoo. :D I think I cired because of the music as it was so sad. I think it was Sarah McLachlan.

Angelx14
26-08-06, 08:08
I don't cry.
I don't believe you. We all cry sometimes. (not only during movies) We cry if we are hurted.:)

Oh, and "King Kong" made me cry at the end..

Taleigha
26-08-06, 13:43
LOADS!!! except i cant really think of them all right now. edward scissorhands. schindlers list. threads. i have to go away and think of somemore, im a right cry baby!

rika2
26-08-06, 13:57
I don't believe you. We all cry sometimes. (not only during movies) We cry if we are hurted.:)

Oh, and "King Kong" made me cry at the end..

very well, you don't have to, but I don't.

Shark_Blade
26-08-06, 13:57
um...(when I was a kid)

The Land Before Time
-The part where little foot lost his mom, her mom fight the t-rex but later died. :(

oh...and The Fox and the Hound
- I never thought friendship story can be so sad:(

Nandu
26-08-06, 14:50
Dancer in the Dark. :(

I didn't exactly cry during this movie (no movie can make me cry lol), but damn that scene in the gallows chamber was genuinely distressing! :yik:

Lara Croft!
26-08-06, 15:17
Lots!!!!

On the top of my mind....

Moulin Rouge
Forest Gamp
Vanilla sky
Passion of the Christ
The road home (Chinese)
And..........please don't make fun of me....Pocahontas...the Cartoon...:o

Angelx14
26-08-06, 20:02
very well, you don't have to, but I don't.
Ok. Then your heart is mede from stone.;)

Betal
26-08-06, 20:46
Disney's the lion king *sniff*

Rivendell
26-08-06, 20:49
um...(when I was a kid)

The Land Before Time
-The part where little foot lost his mom, her mom fight the t-rex but later died. :(

I thought about that before! That was terribly sad, in a Bambi like way that made me cry :(

Sofitegan
26-08-06, 21:23
I don't cry at movies much, only the rabbit proof fence and (when i was little) The wizard of Oz. :D some people just don't much. im one of them. Lol, theres a moment in an old movie called An Affair To Remember, and every time that bit happens, my mum starts sobbing. honestly! right on cue! My little sister cried at ice age, lol.

Rivendell
26-08-06, 21:25
I thought of another:

Watership Down.

I've not seen it since I was little and I remember crying at that for various reasons- I remember part of it was really sad, and also another was really scary.

Watership Down clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5I9izys2ek)

:eek: It's a kids film?? Seriously? Parts of that still freak me out now!

Mona Sax
26-08-06, 21:29
Schindler's List
The Green Mile
Once Upon A Time In The West

tweetygwee
26-08-06, 21:37
None! I sort of feel a bit awkward if another person in the room is crying at a film. Maybe I'm just not appreciative like you lot. :)

SSJ6Wolf
26-08-06, 22:07
I cried after watching Titanic when I was younger. That guy letting himself drown and the necklace being thrown away at the end both somehow really got to me.

I don't remember any others right now. Usually I just get watery eyes and that's the most of it.

Lara Croft!
27-08-06, 00:14
Disney's the lion king *sniff*

aaaah!That one too!