PDA

View Full Version : Will People Ever Evolve?

Thorn
25-08-06, 15:52
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060824/ap_on_re_us/back_of_the_bus

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9244/1wq2.jpg

By DOUG SIMPSON, Associated Press Writer Thu Aug 24, 7:38 PM ET

COUSHATTA, La. - A Louisiana school district suspended a white bus driver while it investigates complaints that she ordered nine black children to sit at the back of the bus.

No previous complaints have been lodged against the driver, who has worked several years for the Red River Parish school district, school Superintendent Kay Easley said Thursday. She refused to reveal the driver's name.

"I'm trying to get all this straight, and settled, so we can all move on," Easley said.

Two mothers, both black, sparked the investigation with a complaint on Monday that their children and the other black children had been ordered to sit in two rows of seats in the rear of the bus.

"In all these years, I've never had a problem like this," said Janice Williams, whose four children ride public school buses.

One of her children, Jarvonica Williams, 16, said the bus driver allowed many white students to have seats all to themselves while some blacks were forced to stand or sit in others' laps.

Iva Richmond, whose 14- and 15-year-old children were on the bus, said Thursday that they previously had a black bus driver, but their bus assignment changed this year. When school started this month, the white driver told them she had assigned them seats, with the black children at the back of the bus.

Richmond said she complained to a local principal, who told the driver that if any children were assigned to seats, all would have to be.

Early last week, the driver assigned black students to two seats in the back of the bus, Richmond said.

"All nine children were assigned to two seats in the back of the bus and the older ones had to hold the smaller ones in their laps," she said.

The women said their complaints to parish school officials were not immediately addressed.

Easley said she wanted to settle the matter. She said the driver had been suspended without pay, and she would announce the results of the district's investigation at a school board meeting on Sept. 5.

NAACP District Vice President James Panell told The Times of Shreveport that he would give federal attorneys details of the situation this week.

Coushatta is a small farming town in northern Louisiana. The school district has about 1,600 students, Easley said.
--------------------------------

I doubt the South with ever change. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Jake Croft
25-08-06, 15:53
Damn Racists!
People should be treated equally.

PirateRose
25-08-06, 15:55
Argh, its just sad that this stuff still exists.

I saw something on the Discovery channel about a group of people out there who support white supremacy. Its just sickening.

UNDERTAKER
25-08-06, 15:59
If this is true, it's bloody awful. How embarrassing that must have been for those kids. There is nothing that can justify racism.

However, it's best to wait for the results of the investigation before jumping to any conclusions. People are highly sensitive these days and it may have been a big misunderstanding.

Legend of Lara
25-08-06, 16:02
I have three words for people like that...
Get! Over! It!
How exactly are white and black people different? Different skin colour. That's it! Everybody is created equals... but those ****ing racists this they're better than the black people. This whole racism and nazism crap is really ****ing me off! :mad:

Autolycus
25-08-06, 16:02
Damn Racists!

DITTO,it saddens me how narrow minded some people are.

Catapharact
25-08-06, 16:04
If this is true, it's bloody awful. How embarrassing that must have been for those kids. There is nothing that can justify racism.

However, it's best to wait for the results of the investigation before jumping to any conclusions. People are highly sensitive these days and it may have been a big misunderstanding.

My view exactly.

Though the entire judicial process concerning this will totally be under fire right down to who and who is not chosen on the investigation committee.

Thorn
25-08-06, 16:06
The American judicial system is a joke particularly to murderers. Anyway this proves racists are freaking weird and need to get their head out of their :cen:

interstellardave
25-08-06, 16:09
The American judicial system is a joke particularly to murderers. Anyway this proves racists are freaking weird and need to get their head out of their :cen:

I don't see how this proves anything, as nothing has been proven. This bus driver is already considered guilty in the public eye merely by being accused! Now the spreading of the story sensationalizes it even more. Put yourself in her place (if she is innocent of course) this may well be a tragedy for her, not the kids...

Catapharact
25-08-06, 16:17
Well put Dave.

Thorn, if you had a taste of the Sharia Judicial System, you would be begging for the Western system three times over. The punishment for crimes under the sharia law are truly strict.

- 50 Lashes and Jail time for drinking.
- Dismemberment of hand for theft of anything over a certain value.
- The death penelty... Well lets just say public beheading of someone isn't exactly something you forget.

Is it effective is curbing down crime? Sure. There is a trial and both sides of the argument are heard. Though for those who possibly may get wrongly accused have a grave gruling turn of events waiting for em.

Lavinder
25-08-06, 16:23
:rolleyes:

I think white and black people need to grow up.

The ammount of times i've been accused of being racist is stupid, and the amount of times ive seen white people being racist is stupid.

rika2
25-08-06, 16:23

if yours a joke, my country's a whole comedy show :rolleyes:

Mad Tony
25-08-06, 16:24
:rolleyes:

I think white and black people need to grow up.

The ammount of times i've been accused of being racist is stupid, and the amount of times ive seen white people being racist is stupid.

Why have you been accused of being racist?

Let me guess, you mentioned the word "Christmas" to many times?

Kamrusepas
25-08-06, 16:26
Sigh....

Lavinder
25-08-06, 16:27
Why have you been accused of being racist?

Let me guess, you mentioned the word "Christmas" to many times?

I am 'racist' because they hate me :p I don't care how they look, what skin colour they are and what religion they have.

How can they justify that I am racist when I eat multi-cultural food, have loads of friends that belong to different races. I even had a black boyfriend :rolleyes:

jarhead
25-08-06, 16:28
people need to grow up and get over the difference in skin colour, dunno who's sig it is with the noones black/white your all pink in the middle :tmb:

but yer perhaps something's happened in her life and she miht have been mentaly scared.

Mad Tony
25-08-06, 16:30
I am 'racist' because they hate me :p I don't care how they look, what skin colour they are and what religion they have.

How can they justify that I am racist when I eat multi-cultural food, have loads of friends that belong to different races. I even had a black boyfriend :rolleyes:
I know, it's silly.

I reckon that Christmas will be banned in Britain soon.
That's why i'm gonna move away as soon as I can.

CerebralAssassin
25-08-06, 17:45
I doubt the South with ever change.

it's wrong to condemn the entire southern region based on a few isolated incidents....I think the South has come a long way since a few decades ago...

Greenkey2
25-08-06, 19:42
A very bad situation indeed - if the driver is actually proved guilty of racism. Until then, as others have already stated, it is better not to jump to conclusions in such an emotive and sensitive subject.

If the driver is guilty they should be punished most severely. Our tolerence of intolerence should be zero.

Geck-o-Lizard
25-08-06, 20:07
I wonder if any of the kids on the bus caught the event on their videophones? That'd be pretty conclusive evidence.

Lavinder
25-08-06, 20:12
I wonder if any of the kids on the bus caught the event on their videophones? That'd be pretty conclusive evidence.

No they would rather record people beating eachother up or someone getting bullied than do anything constructive :rolleyes:

Jacob x5
25-08-06, 20:53
The bus driver's view isn't acceptable, and if he can't change his ways then he shouldn't be a bus driver. However, I seriously doubt that he forced nine black kids to sit in two seats. It's physically impossible.

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-08-06, 20:56
Wow, what a horrible story. Nine kids had to sit on other peoples' laps or stand? That's disgusting, let alone unsafe.

ILG49ers
26-08-06, 00:14
I read about this earlier today. That’s really horrible.

ambico17
26-08-06, 04:30
There will always be hate in this world. Always. And it's not just about the color of somebody's skin, it can also be about what a race does.

For example, Let's say someone hates rap music. Let's say someone has a problem with the kids wearing their pants low and showing their underwear. Let's say someone doesn't like they way black people speak improper English, like "axs" instead of "ask".

All these things mentioned are largely a black community type of thing. Therefore some people will have a problem with race for those reasons, not just for the color of their skin.

Angelx14
26-08-06, 08:22
Damn Racists!
I think just the same..

Draco
26-08-06, 09:22
Technically the crime here would be discrimination, not racism. You can be racist without breaking the law.

Virusbuster
26-08-06, 10:09
There are certain things that people really should get knocked into their heads...

In my opinion, there aren't black or white people. We all just have different nyances.

Lew
26-08-06, 12:32
I was having racist stuff said to be by some black people, but its alright if they say it but not when we do? Thats what my cousin thinks, everybodies like this in some way eg. calling someone gay. Everyone has said something racist or pregdidest(sp?) before so no ones perfect. But the stupidest thing in Britain atm that is happening is stopping our (christian/catholic) christmas shows at primary schools when its the countrys (well use to be) main religion. They've also banned BaBa Black Sheep and named it as rainbow sheep. I regret that we did mean things to them in the past that we should of but come on they cant stop our religious ceremonies etc. especially some that have to do with Education, Britain just is too small for all religions to learn in one school/place.
Although the story is horrible, in a mean sorta way just makes me think whats the point.

Taleigha
26-08-06, 12:32
whaaaaaaaaaaat???

im gonna cry again. it makes me cry when i hear about something like this. i cant stress this enough: change the colour of their skin and what makes them different to you and me?

actually, i like to think the world will get better, but i doesnt look as if it ever actually will...

dbot
26-08-06, 17:32
I was having racist stuff said to be by some black people, but its alright if they say it but not when we do? Thats what my cousin thinks, everybodies like this in some way eg. calling someone gay. Everyone has said something racist or pregdidest(sp?) before so no ones perfect. But the stupidest thing in Britain atm that is happening is stopping our (christian/catholic) christmas shows at primary schools when its the countrys (well use to be) main religion. They've also banned BaBa Black Sheep and named it as rainbow sheep. I regret that we did mean things to them in the past that we should of but come on they cant stop our religious ceremonies etc. especially some that have to do with Education, Britain just is too small for all religions to learn in one school/place.
Although the story is horrible, in a mean sorta way just makes me think whats the point.

we have a similar problem in america, albeit not so extreme as to change the name of a kids song. A lot of chain stores started to enforce a "happy holidays" policy instead of "merry christmas". And to be honest, i have NEVER heard anyone get ****ed off about stores saying "merry christmas. Besides, the holiday has been secularized enough that its more about celebrating family and friends and giving presents and stuff than it is about Jesus....but i guess thats for a different discussion.

B-thoven66
26-08-06, 18:44
Here in my country, we don't have racism problems with black people... because we've got no black people. It's no fun. They've almost killed them all at the times of the "Conquista del desierto" (conquest of the desert) by Gen. Julio A. Roca. That's about a century and a half ago.
It's absolutely embarrassing to have such a shameful episode in your country's history.