PDA

View Full Version : Downloading from youtube

Jake Croft
25-08-06, 21:09
Yeah iknow there already was a thread but ive searched and cant find it...
Does anyone have the link?

Thorir
25-08-06, 21:10
http://www.youtubex.com/

Jake Croft
25-08-06, 21:12
Thank You sooo much <3

Thorir
25-08-06, 21:21
I&#180;m an angel. :)

angelika
25-08-06, 21:38
Can one actually download from youtube of just upload and share/view?

edit: nevermind I saw the link

Thorir
25-08-06, 21:40
You can download the flash video to your computer. :)
And if you have a video converter, you can make them into regular avi films or whatever you want. :)

Real Life Lara
25-08-06, 21:43
Probably just being an idiot here... but Ive tried that a few times and all I ever get to download is a 'get video' document, not a video format file thing... is there something I have to do with the get video file in order to turn it into avi or something? :confused:

LegenDarY
25-08-06, 21:44
Anyone here who knows where to get such a converter (for free?)

i have a converter that will allow me to convert the youtube video's to 3gp, which is the filetype that's used on cellphones.. so i'm able to watch them on my cellphone.. but not on my pc :p

Thorir
25-08-06, 21:49
Probably just being an idiot here... but Ive tried that a few times and all I ever get to download is a 'get video' document, not a video format file thing... is there something I have to do with the get video file in order to turn it into avi or something? :confused:

You need to name the file with a .flv (flash video) to make the computer recognise it, I think. So if you&#180;re downloading a... Say, a clip from Tomb Raider, you would perhaps call the file "Tomb Raider .flv" and save.

Then you can play it in any video programme that can play flash files. Not many do, so you might have to search for it. Or get a video converter.

Hope that helped! :)

Real Life Lara
25-08-06, 21:49
You need to name the file with a .flv (flash video) to make the computer recognise it, I think. So if youre downloading a... Say, a clip from Tomb Raider, you would perhaps call the file "Tomb Raider .flv" and save.

They you can play it in any video programme that can play flash files. Not many do, so you might have to search for it. Or get a video converter.

Hope that helped! :)

Ooh okey doke :D Ill give it a go :)

Thorir
25-08-06, 21:50
Anyone here who knows where to get such a converter (for free?)

i have a converter that will allow me to convert the youtube video's to 3gp, which is the filetype that's used on cellphones.. so i'm able to watch them on my cellphone.. but not on my pc :p

I found one on www.download.com (http://www.download.com)
You just have to search for it. Im using a trial version, so its limited, but it works, and its free. :)

Thorir
25-08-06, 21:52
I use a media player called VLC media player to play flash files.
I also use it to watch foreign films with different subs that you can attatch. Stupid thing about flash videos are that you can&#180;t rewind/skip forward or anything, you just have to watch the whole thing. But that&#180;s where a video converter comes in handy. :)

Paul H
26-08-06, 00:21
After you rename the file with the "flv" on the end, use this converter:

http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-video-converter/

It's the best one I have used for this.

Edit: It's not free software. I think it is a 15 day trial.