PDA

View Full Version : What's the Origin of your Screen name/ avatar?

thepetemaster
26-08-06, 09:14
There seems to be many wonderful and weird screen names around the forum. How did you think it up? What does it mean (if anything?) and where did you get the inspiration for it?

Mine was a nickname that a good friend, and fellow TR nut, used to call me. Whenever I saw him, (or called him) he would say "Aha! - it's the Pete Master ". When I moved countries, I decided to use thePetemaster, so he could recognize my posts, and now I'm stuck with it!! ;)

The avatar is from my favourite movie of all time. The Big Lebowski.

TombRaiderLover
26-08-06, 09:16
I am a Tomb Raider Lover. Simple.

I needed an avatar to replace my Batman logo one since avatars sizes had been decreased, and I stumbled across an ewok avatar. I realised I was destined to be the King of Ewoks, and am now the realll master, so bow down to me. Bow. Bow.

Rivendell
26-08-06, 09:18
My username comes from my love of Tolkien's book, The Lord of the Rings. I can remember the name "Rivendell" from when I was really little and I had The Hobbit read to me as a bedtime story, and I just love the way it sounds and the image it conjures up for me :) .

My avatar is in a series of ones I've made that include a mixture of Lara Croft and pirates. This one has the typical Lara-Pirate, with her arm around The Red Dragon (Y Ddraig Goch) as I was feeling particularly patriotic when I made it! :D

VonCroy360
26-08-06, 09:19
I actually hate VonCroy as a character, but the name is nice and I wanted to have a TR related one. 360 is beacuse I couldn't think of anything else (just VonCroy was taken)

The dummy just seems funny, so I decided to put it... I haven't changed it for already 4 months... :D

Angelx14
26-08-06, 09:19
I saw "Angel14" somewhere (don't remember where, it's a very long time ago)..So I thought it's a very nice username.I wanted to register in one place, but there already was "Angel14" I tryed with "xAngel14x" and that was taken too..So, I thought I will put "x" between "Angel" and "14"..and my username was born.:)

Edit: Oh yeah right. My avatar is jus a girl..Don't know her. I thought it will look nice.

Btw, I made one thread almost like this before too.(july):rolleyes:
:D

shaahinkaaveh
26-08-06, 09:23
Nice topic :).
My screen name is simply my first and last name together (Shaahin + Kaaveh). If you want a meaning Shaahin is a type of Eagle in our language, and Kaaveh is the name of a worrior who led a revolution thousends of years ago ;). But actually it has a history: I'm used to use my name as my ID everywhere, that is for Email, etc. When I registered here, I thought it's something like that, and I didn't know it would be seen everywhere on the top of my posts! :vlol:

My avatar: It's the statue of "Thinker", sometimes called the statue of Philosophy as well. tha_mattster knows better ;). The philosophy of this avatar is I read and love Philosophy!

jamieoliver22
26-08-06, 09:27
My name is Jamie Oliver and my birthday is on the 22nd April..

Jamie Oliver + 22 = jamieoliver22 :D

TombRaiderLover
26-08-06, 09:29
My name is Jamie Oliver and my birthday is on the 22nd April..

Jamie Oliver + 22 = jamieoliver22 :D
Your name is really Jamie Oliver??

http://www.jamieoliver.com/

:vlol:

Lenochka
26-08-06, 09:30
Lenochka is the nickname of t.A.T.u. 's Lena Katina... and i like her alot. so when i was wondering what my name should be i just threw that in there hehe

to me my avatar is a very powerful image... In a simple form

Draco
26-08-06, 09:31
Dragonheart

jarhead
26-08-06, 09:43
jarhead has been my nickname since year 1, and well someone had jared :(

my avvie- hmmm i loked for a wallpaper of the same thing but the picture was small, and i found a sig to go with it so i thought i'd have both as they fitted eachother

shaahinkaaveh
26-08-06, 09:46
my avvie- hmmm i loked for a wallpaper of the same thing but the picture was small, and i found a sig to go with it so i thought i'd have both as they fitted eachother
But your "location" contradicts both of them :D.

jamieoliver22
26-08-06, 09:51
Your name is really Jamie Oliver?

Yes... :pi:

badboy70
26-08-06, 10:01
username : a friend invented that some years ago

Betal
26-08-06, 10:01
My username is pay on swedish:S

Virusbuster
26-08-06, 10:03
Virusbuster: The product of one too many late nights of playing Megaman.

Avatar: Weebl! I believe he's made by same guy who makes Salad Fingers ^.

Just go to http://www.weebls-stuff.com if you want to see any Weebl/Salad Fingers movies. :D

CuteKittenlol
26-08-06, 10:05
Username - Im not sure what i was thinking, i think its becuase kittens are cut, and i say lol alot :D

Avatar - Meh. hes my second fave game character and hes sexy :whi:

Lone Raider
26-08-06, 10:11
my name stems from my favourite aspect of raiding... being alone. I have kids, friends, and a lot of life going on, and sometimes I just like to be alone... with Lara and no-one else :)

my avatar has been made by someone who visits here not too often, but he posted it some time during the TRAE commotion. It totally expresses what I feel... so I asked him if I could use it and he said yes. I don't remember now who it was, but if you read this, thanks again, I still love it :) :hug:

Tomb Raider Master
26-08-06, 10:11
Username - There is no big deal about it. When I found this forum last summer, I decided to join it and I picked this name just because I wanted something cool, as I love TR. :)

Avatar - What can I say? Angie looks more than pretty in this picture. Found it on TRC. :)

Elysia
26-08-06, 10:20
Elysia is one of my most favourite RPG characters I ever played. She was an occultist / cryptozoologist in the game 'Conspiracy X', and her full name was Elysia Crowley (yes, she was related to Aleister Crowley - my DM decided she was his great grand niece, or some such nonsense). I played her for 2 years. She was a devilishly naughty character who got me into a lot of trouble, and I relished absolutely all of it! She was also a lesbian (after a faux-pas by me (I was annoyed at hubby, so when told about a female NPC we had to meet, I said (rather huffily) 'Heh, Ellie would snog her'. After that, it kind of stuck... much to my DM's delight. Tsk, boys... :rolleyes:). My main 'working name' is Mistress Elysia (all my artwork and mod work goes under the pseudonym of Mistress Elysia on the net) - Ellie was also a tad dodgy in other ways (*cough*), and my mate Andy's character used to refer to her as 'Mistress'... that also kind of stuck as well!

The avatar is Cuddly Cthulhu in his Miskatonic get-up: a link to both my own obsession with Lovecraft (and the occult in general) and Ellie's profession ;).

Thorir
26-08-06, 10:23
Username: Name of cuuuute guy I had a crush on...

Elysia
26-08-06, 10:24
Username: Name of cuuuute guy I had a crush on...

:yik:!!!!!!!!!!:yik: *covets avatar, sweetie...*

Thorir
26-08-06, 10:35
Do you mean covers?
Why? Sin is IN, sweetie! :D

thepetemaster
26-08-06, 10:39
I think it was meant as covet- ie worshipping and revering it. Ab Fab is hilarous.

viper456
26-08-06, 10:41
screen name - i needed it to play an online game with my friend ages ago and he picked it for me and i stuck with it

avatar - i love her so i have her as my avatar whenever i can :)

tr_mitch
26-08-06, 10:42
Tomb Raider Forums - Tr
My Name - Mitch
Tr+Mitch = tr_mitch :yik: Holy cow that was hard to work out. ;)

Avatar- Favourite game, and one of my favourite characters.

Thorir
26-08-06, 10:47
I think it was meant as covet- ie worshipping and revering it. Ab Fab is hilarous.

Oh, I see. I didn´t know that word, and don´t have a dictionary here! :D

thepetemaster
26-08-06, 10:55
Oh, I see. I didn´t know that word, and don´t have a dictionary here! :D

Add this to your favourites Thorir - it is very handy indeed!! ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/

angelika
26-08-06, 11:00
Angelika : should I explain? -my name-

Avatar : from the tuxfactory -originally recommended by Justin.:)

tombraiderluka
26-08-06, 11:04
Username: It's tomb raider plus my name Luka so...tombraiderluka:)
Avatar:It's one of my favourite singers:Lindsay Lohan

Andromeda66
26-08-06, 11:11
Username - My love for stars and galaxies and mythology.
Avatar - Comes close to how I spend my evenings these days.

Thorir
26-08-06, 11:20
Add this to your favourites Thorir - it is very handy indeed!! ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Thanks! :D

Mona Sax
26-08-06, 11:23
Screen name: My first name + an obsession with Max Payne games = Mona Sax.
Avatar: Kinda came with the screen name.

Trigger_happy
26-08-06, 11:29
trigger happy from Final fantasy 10-2 and my avatar as i just found it. i thunk im going to change it, but first i have to find one that fits the new sizing.

Andrea Lara
26-08-06, 11:30
My name is actually only Andrea. But I call myself Andrea Lara because I like Lara (Croft and the name by itself) a lot and I think these two names are fitting together. I wish Lara were my middle name :D

The cat on my avatar is my cat named Babsy. We got her when I was 6 years old. I love her very much. This is one of the best picture I took of her. I especially love her eyes. Just imagine how I feel when these eyes are begging for some food ;)

ChocChipCookie
26-08-06, 12:06
I chose ChocChipCookie because it's a favourite snack of mine :cln:

And I think white tigers are incredibly beautiful creatures :)

That's pretty much it:D

Titanium
26-08-06, 12:12
I just randomly chose my username :p

My avatar on the other hand, I chose because Tails was my favourite gaming character when I was younger, and it still my favourite now :)

tampi
26-08-06, 12:28
Many years ago when I opened a mail account was happened to me to write the name of old sport slippers of the mark "adidas", its name: Tampico.
When I sent my first outfit to Elen, she asked to me that that she names she could put talking about me… and I chose a tampico abbreviation: tampi. Later, when entering the TRF I used the abbreviation to identify to me. Avatar is a outfit done by me, It seems a single-breasted uniform jacket of comic now, no?

Hurrah4Lara
26-08-06, 12:29
Hehe, I have said before that my username appears self-explanatory:whi:! Yet it has a little secret:pi::

I chose it so it might be abbreviated to H4L. I work in British Army crypto:hug:, and during World War II H4L used to be a kinda German shorthand for a sign-on. So my avatar is saying Hello:D!

my own obsession with Lovecraft

Hello Elysia:). Woah, same here! I saw a game yesterday in our minimart which you might like:

http://www.callofcthulhu.com/

I haven't tried it (I have no pennies:(), but even the cover looked good!

H4L:wve: [Jessika]

Rickéh
26-08-06, 12:38
My real name is Rick, someone added éh to it and I like it :).

Kamrusepas
26-08-06, 13:03
Origin of my name:
Came up with this years ago, don't remember why I ended up choosing this particular one, but it's kinda grown on me now.
This guy [yes it's a guy] is an amazing photograph model, and I love this pic.

da tomb raider!
26-08-06, 13:05
My username WAS going to be TheTombRaider, but I decided to be a bit more original (Just a bit), so instead, I did da tomb raider! And my avatar? Oh, well that's just a poor picture of Lara, which has been edited and resized a bit. Ok, a lot.

Twiin
26-08-06, 13:08
My name is a homage to Lara's twin pistols, and to add a little spice, I included the double ii's... also because those i's were twins... if that makes sense!
And my avatar? Because Angelina is my favourite actress and personal pin-up, plus, of course, she played Lara Croft!

BtoFu
26-08-06, 13:18
BtoFu is my DJ alias, I go by a few names when I'm on the tables but this one is my favourite. B is the initial of my first name and Fu is my surname, I worked 'to' in there for a couple of reasons. One being that I wanted to work my love for all things Japanese in there, so you have B 'tofu' and the other reason is the name works as an acronym for 'Back to Finish U' which was the name of my sophomore solo project on the turntables a few years back. Rich and detailed history right there. :p

My avatar is one of my favourite images from Asako In Ruby Shoes, one of my new favourite movies that I discovered earlier this year. :)

Taleigha
26-08-06, 13:26
name: my friends friend was called Talea. (pronounced ta-lee-a) and i thought it was a pretty name, better than my crap boring name. so i took it and changed it to Taleigha.

avatar? no prizes for guessing who's side i was on on BB7...

jackles
26-08-06, 14:13
Jackles came from a nick name that a friend gave me that came from Jacks...which came from jackie.

I don't have an avatar as I am far too lazy to look for a cool one!

Real Life Lara
26-08-06, 14:47
Screen-name: My name is Lara, in real life. You do the math :p

Avatar: I got bored one day and decided to growl at the camera :whi:

thepetemaster
26-08-06, 15:07
Screen-name: My name is Lara, in real life. You do the math :p

Avatar: I got bored one day and decided to growl at the camera :whi:

:vlol: It all becomes clear now!! I thought your hand was slightly deformed (maybe from holding the PS controller for an overly long gaming session!!) and thought it would be impolite to bring it up!! :ton:
Phew, well that's that cleared up!! ;)

Lara Coft Baby
26-08-06, 16:43
Username: It was just the first thing that popped into my head when i joined. And it was supposed to be Lara Croft Baby but i left out the r in croft.

Avatar: Is Danny Phantom my favorite show and Katye Sue is what my grandpa calls me i dont know why. Sue has nothing to do with my name :p

StarCroft:AOD
26-08-06, 16:46
Username: Bacause I love StarCraft, and TR:AOD.:tmb:

Avatar: Because of my eternal love for TR:AOD and AOD Lara and his black glasses.;)

:wve:

ILG49ers
26-08-06, 16:48
Username: My initials are ILG, and my favorite NFL (American football) team is the San Francisco 49ers! ILG + 49ers = ILG49ers! :D

Avatar: I think Jessica Alba is a beautiful woman, so that’s why I have her as my avatar. I really need to change it though; I’ve had this avatar for a while now.

MiCkiZ88
26-08-06, 16:51
Name:

It's One of my favourite Nick names, Micki. but with zero 88 ( z just sounded good with it that just some average micki88 and z had a slight influence from my date of birth. since it's the first day of the year.. gah.. too hard to explain :p

Avatar: Well just some random photoshopping :p

Real Life Lara
26-08-06, 16:58
:vlol: It all becomes clear now!! I thought your hand was slightly deformed (maybe from holding the PS controller for an overly long gaming session!!) and thought it would be impolite to bring it up!! :ton:
Phew, well that's that cleared up!! ;)

Lmao Im useless at editing :p When I tried to cut the background from the pic it mangled my hand too :whi:

tr_mitch
26-08-06, 16:59
Lmao Im useless at editing :p When I tried to cut the background from the pic it mangled my hand too :whi:

Yeah blame the editing.;)

Real Life Lara
26-08-06, 17:00
Yeah blame the editing.;)

Dammit you found out. :o My hand is deformed and smudged in real life - kinda like your face huh :p

tr_mitch
26-08-06, 17:01
Dammit you found out. :o My hand is deformed and smudged in real life - kinda like your face huh :p

Real Life Retard. ;)

B-thoven66
26-08-06, 17:23
B-thoven, of course, comes from one of my favourite musicians, Ludwig van Beethoven. I'm a Saggitarius like him.
66 is my year of birth (no, it's not my age... yet). I really like that number.

The avatar, as you might know, is the Mechanical Sentry from TR Chronicles. It's got a powerful image, it's got the "look that kill", and well... my eyes are green too... ;)

Lara Croft!
26-08-06, 17:32
Username:No comment
Av:Great Fan of Aniston

Shark_Blade
26-08-06, 19:47
User name:

Shark_Blade: I watched final fantasy fmvs and they got guns stuck with their blades, and I thought of a new weapon: Shark Blade :p.

I like Emma Watson ever since she first act in HP movie. Unique and charming as well. I like the way she beam and smile to the viewer, giving a sense of inviting and warmth :p It was my first avatar,but later I changed it many times, and few days ago, I decided to get back to my roots and give Ms. Granger another go.

CerebralAssassin
26-08-06, 19:53
CerebralAssassin...HHH...the Game...the king of kings...'nough said!!:D

http://imagen.crz.net/HHH3.jpg
actually..this is a good image for my next avi LOL!!

Assassino
26-08-06, 19:54
Username...Well I couldn't have Assassin...so remembered a game I used to have Hitman: Silent Assassin...and I was in this level when an Italian dude yelled 'Assassino!' So that's it!:D

Errm, avatar...I love Shahdee...she's dark...hot...and kicks ass!:D

Ampersand
26-08-06, 19:57
One of my favourite words, and a pretty cool punctuation mark. My current avatar is just a character I thought up. :)

Hybrid Soldier
26-08-06, 19:58
Considering i'm a huge Linkin Park fan.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8473/soldiercb0.png

It's the name of the Soldier on the cover of the Hybrid Theory album so that's where i got Hybrid Soldier from.

CerebralAssassin
26-08-06, 19:59

It's the name of the Soldier on the cover of the Hybrid Theory album so that's where i got Hybrid Soldier from.
yeah...I was wondering if you got you;re name from "hybrid theory" or not..:p

Assassino
26-08-06, 20:00

Great album!;)
But I like Meteora best!

Greenkey2
26-08-06, 20:01
My favourite colour is green, my lucky number is two, and it is the key to this forum :D

And this is not my cat. He hates melon.

Hybrid Soldier
26-08-06, 20:04
yeah...I was wondering if you got you;re name from "hybrid theory" or not..:p

Haha, yeah! :D

Great album!;)
But I like Meteora best!

It's hard for me to choose between both Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Both have there ups. I'd have to go with Hybrid Theory, only by a slight bit. :)

Taleigha
26-08-06, 20:49
Great album!;)
But I like Meteora best!
yeah i like i bit of the old 'park too. 'runaway' is my fave and also 'faint'. actually, there aint many i dont like...

Assassino
26-08-06, 21:29
Ditto!;)

Reggie
26-08-06, 21:41
Reggie is the username I use pretty much everywhere - it originates as being a shorter version to my middle name but I'll keep you guessing what it's short for lol.

As for the avatar, I downloaded a peace symbol and applied the default blue background for the skin I'm using. It looks like a high quality gif but it's actually a jpg...though I would have saved it as a gif...I'm just being over explanatory as usual :p

sweetPoison
26-08-06, 22:05
That's quite nice, Reggie. Is that short for Regine? Regg...ina? Reggie...:confused:

It is sweetPoison as I see cigarettes as something sweet, but lethal. I found smoking menthols sweet, hence the username.
As for the avatar, that is what my hair looks like when I wake up in the morning.

Draco
26-08-06, 22:20
Reggie is the username I use pretty much everywhere - it originates as being a shorter version to my middle name but I'll keep you guessing what it's short for lol.

As for the avatar, I downloaded a peace symbol and applied the default blue background for the skin I'm using. It looks like a high quality gif but it's actually a jpg...though I would have saved it as a gif...I'm just being over explanatory as usual :p

Reginald?

sweetPoison
26-08-06, 22:24
Reginald?

Reginald Bray. :D

Reggie
26-08-06, 22:25
Reginald?

Yup :D

Stig911
27-08-06, 11:02
My name is cos' one of my m8s at skool called me stig and then every 1 started callin me stig. i just added 911 on the end and my pic is 1 i had my birthday cake made like. sounds strange but the cake was designed and looked exactly like dis pik.

Pawprint
27-08-06, 11:08
Name: I like animals (dogs in particular), and it is the same as on every site. Avvy: Any questions?

Dante Croft
27-08-06, 11:32
All I have to say is.

Rikku my fav female charater.
Dante my male fav.

Legend of Lara
27-08-06, 14:15
Username:
I just got Legend when I registered. I loved it back then. But then it started deforming into a generic shooter. :(

I became a massive Viewtiful Joe fan not too long ago. Hence the avatar. :D

Hybrid Soldier
27-08-06, 14:19
I became a massive Viewtiful Joe fan not too long ago. Hence the avatar. :D

Lol, my eyes killed after playing that game...it's like a brain seizure game. Mind you it wasn't that bad.

Mytly
27-08-06, 14:47
Mytly (pronounced “Mitli”) is a play on my real name, Mitali (pronounced just as it is spelt). I came up with it a few years ago when I was trying to get a username for an email ID and trying out all kinds of variations on my name (as “Mitali” itself was taken). I now like the nickname “Mytly” so much that I use it in various forums and email Ids.
My avatar: Legend Lara, of course. This is from the reloading screen of Croft Manor. I just love those screens – they are so much more atmospheric than the actual game! My first avatar was from my favourite reloading screen, England, but someone else got a similar one, so I changed to this one, my second favourite.

Natla'd
27-08-06, 14:51
I wanted to be Miss Natla, but I'd already registered as that years ago, and have lost the password. Plus, Natla has more pizazz, IMO.

My avatar is the only good picture I've drawn of Alister.