06: Grand Theft Auto III

05: Metal Gear Solid II: Sons of Liberty

04: NFL 2K3

03: Grand Theft Auto : Vice City

02: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

01: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

BtoFu
26-08-06, 13:58
Pretty crap list they got there. :D I assume this is voted on by the members and not the critics.

TombRaiderLover
26-08-06, 14:01
No, the critics.

Hybrid Soldier
26-08-06, 14:06
15: God of War

14: Resident Evil 4

13: SSX

12: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec

11: SSX Tricky

10: Twisted Metal: Black

09: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

08: Burnout 3: Takedown

07: Tekken Tag Tourament

Only games i like off that list.

Why the hell is RE4 14!? Hell of a lot better then any NFL game.

Twiin
26-08-06, 14:08
Hmm, the games I like off that list include: Ummm... umm... Tekken: TT, but Tekken 5 was better (though it was cool to play old-school characters in TT)! And maybe MGS... though I'm not really a big fan of that stealth genre.
That is one crap list lol... None of my favourite PS2 games are on it!

BtoFu
26-08-06, 14:10
No, the critics.

Haha that's appauling.

TombRaiderLover
26-08-06, 14:16
I guess none of you like GTA?

Alive_and_Funky
26-08-06, 14:17
15: God of War

14: Resident Evil 4

13: SSX

12: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec

11: SSX Tricky

10: Twisted Metal: Black

09: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

08: Burnout 3: Takedown

07: Tekken Tag Tourament

I have played those but Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 is No. 1?! :eek:

EDIT: The ones I've put in bold I've played.

Dazzy
26-08-06, 17:00
Where is Ratchet and Clank? Man that was a great game. I agree with Gran Turismo 3: A Spec. Awesome graphics there.

Blackmoor
26-08-06, 17:39
Fighting, racing, sports & GTA.

Not a biased kind of list at all...

These are the same people who get to rate TR and say it's rubbish... who the developers listen to as if they're God, and then go and change TR into Legend for...

This is the source of the "critical acclaim" that supposedly means Legend is good/old-TR is bad...

I don't have ANY of the games on that list.

MiCkiZ88
26-08-06, 22:28
15: God of War - WHAT!? It deserves to be higher :pi:

14: Resident Evil 4 - Now that aint right either!

07: Tekken Tag Tourament - seems to be on the right place :)

06: Grand Theft Auto III - too many gta's pn the list..

05: Metal Gear Solid II: Sons of Liberty - should be in top 3

03: Grand Theft Auto : Vice City - It's a good game..

02: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Too gansta for me :/

there were too many sport games on that list.. and too many games were missing from that list..

Leon xXx
26-08-06, 22:31
Dude, gamespot never made that list, and they dont have a top 15 list, they have top 10 list. You did that list and I can prove it. You took the highest game score and make them in order like....

15: God of War - 9.3

14: Resident Evil 4 - 9.3

13: SSX - 9.4

12: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - 9.4

11: SSX Tricky - 9.4

10: Twisted Metal: Black - 9.5

09: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 - 9.5

08: Burnout 3: Takedown - 9.6

07: Tekken Tag Tourament - 9.6

06: Grand Theft Auto III - 9.6

05: Metal Gear Solid II: Sons of Liberty - 9.6

04: NFL 2K3 - 9.6

03: Grand Theft Auto : Vice City - 9.6

02: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 9.6

01: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - 10.0

I am a paid registered member at gamespot and gamespot never made this list, only you did.

MiCkiZ88
26-08-06, 22:32
Nice find :D Im a member of gamespot aswell :D I was wondering why I didnt find a list like that there

TombRaiderLover
27-08-06, 09:17
Dude, gamespot never made that list, and they dont have a top 15 list, they have top 10 list. You did that list and I can prove it. You took the highest game score and make them in order like....

I am a paid registered member at gamespot and gamespot never made this list, only you did.
No, I didn't make this list. Yes, it's meant to be in order, but that's how Gamespot work their 'Top Games' lists, so don't accuse me of anything again. I haven't even played NFL 2K3 or SSX or Tekken Tag Tournament. Another member of this forum has made a thread called 'Gamespot's 10 Best GC games.' And what's wrong with it being top fifteen. The Gamespot list includes these games.

ivannnnn
27-08-06, 10:42
The only game is Tekken and GTA :o

Alive_and_Funky
27-08-06, 10:48

Here is the which I think TombRaiderLover found the top 15 from. http://uk.gamespot.com/games.html?type=top_rated&platform=7&mode=all&sort=score&dlx_type=all&date_filter=all&sortdir=desc&page=11
It's titled "PlayStation 2 Top Rated Games of All Time:"

FIFA 06 got a score of 9.0?! Pro Evo gets a score of 9.1?! What are Gamespot smoking? Pro Evo is WAY better than FIFA 06.

Elysia
27-08-06, 10:53
Hubby has 2 of those games (GTA III and TTT): I don't play them.

That's a godsawful list. So many samey games... GTA in it THREE times? Just how many whores can you abuse / pedestrians can you run down / cops can you shoot?

There again, the overall PS2 games list so far hasn't been that good; a few gems in a sea of homogeneous crud, really... PS1 had a better games list by far. It seems that since gaming took off as a popular way to spend your time, quality and ingenuity in games went down...

Alive_and_Funky
27-08-06, 10:58
I agree, that list is awful. When I looked on Gamespot and found that Winning Eleven Soccer (aka Pro Evo) was just 0.1 better than FIFA 06 I was shocked. I've played FIFA 06 and IMO it's not even in Pro Evo's league.
Also, I've played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and although I think it's very good, would I say it was the best PS2 game? Na-ah.
I am pleased that Metal Gear Solid 2 made the list though. :D

tr_mitch
27-08-06, 11:03
Resident Evil 4 should be in the top 5.... No.14 is just damn right wrong.

TR freak
27-08-06, 11:03
Hubby has 2 of those games (GTA III and TTT): I don't play them.

That's a godsawful list. So many samey games... GTA in it THREE times? Just how many whores can you abuse / pedestrians can you run down / cops can you shoot?

There again, the overall PS2 games list so far hasn't been that good; a few gems in a sea of homogeneous crud, really... PS1 had a better games list by far. It seems that since gaming took off as a popular way to spend your time, quality and ingenuity in games went down...
Have you even played GTA? Do you honestly think thats all you do in GTA?If thats all it was I'd find the games extremely boring. Of course all those GTA games deserve to be in the list. GTA is the best game series ever imo. GTA is a very in depth game in which you can do just about everything you can think of. By what you just said I assume you haven't played it for very long if ever. If one game of the series is one of the best PS2 games you can assume another one games from the same series will be in there as well. I dont agree with all the sports games in the list. I cant really comment on alot of the other games as I've not played them but the games I have played seem to be near enough in the riht place. I do think RE4 should be higher up tho.

Elysia
27-08-06, 11:12
Have you even played GTA? Do you honestly think thats all you do in GTA?If thats all it was I'd find the games extremely boring. Of course all those GTA games deserve to be in the list. GTA is the best game series ever imo. GTA is a very in depth game in which you can do just about everything you can think of. By what you just said I assume you haven't played it for very long if ever.
Yes... I've played GTA. Yes, I tried to get into it (I was told it was great by a friend, and so had to make sure I had played enough of it to be able to confirm this) Yes, I've had to sit through hubby playing it for hours on end. In the end, even he got bored with it (and he can't get enough of destruction and generally being a naughty boy normally) - too many samey missions and went back to playing Morrowind. No, don't want to be a 'gangsta'. No, I don't want to drive cars around. No, I don't want to shoot criminal overlords. The main character is one dimensional and I don't like him.

I just don't find GTA that interesting, really. Pick this up, shoot that guy, hijack that, drive his guy over there, stop this rival gangsta from doing that, don't get caught by the cops, do over rival Triad gang (or what ever they were.. the amount of people I had to waste kind of blurred into this one big 'assassination fatigue syndrome' situation) do a bit of taxi-ing... *sigh*. Not a decent conversation or interesting NPC in the lot. As I've explained befre - these games really aren't my cup of tea (remember - I hate Metal Gear Solid too, and everyone seems to love that!).

Fine - have it as a series in the top 10, but 3 games? It's a bit OTT.