PDA

View Full Version : Is Just Cause Next-Gen On PC?!

marcocatena
26-08-06, 18:17
From looking at the demo for PC the game seems next gen but its not very good, I think its between PS2 and XBOX 360. Is it next gen on PC or not?!

UNDERTAKER
26-08-06, 18:26
Depends on your PC specs I suppose. I can't see why the PC version should be any different from the 360 version, especially if your PC is powerful enough to compete.

marcocatena
26-08-06, 18:28
Depends on your PC specs I suppose. I can't see why the PC version should be any different from the 360 version, especially if your PC is powerful enough to compete.

my PC is very powerful, trust me but the game dosent seem totally next gen

Mona Sax
26-08-06, 21:26
I'm going to download it tomorrow and check it out.

HELLOfromRUSSIA)
26-08-06, 22:55
PC version IS NOT Next-Gen :cen:
WTF? Придется покупать Xbox360!!! И это имеея при себе GeForce 7800GTX & AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ !!!

UNDERTAKER
27-08-06, 00:11
If that's the case, then the 'next gen' features must be exclusive to Xbox 360 :)

jamieoliver22
27-08-06, 06:53
Yeah, I downloaded the demo and there doesnt seem to be any next-gen features (my card doesnt support next-gen anyway), even though all the graphics settings are at full level.

Jamie.

abraham
27-08-06, 10:30
calm down HelloFromRussia my god

it looks like as if its using alot of depth of field in the game(like tomb raider legend on shader pixel 1.4,last gen) and the shadows look as if on shader pixel 3(next gen) and the textures look normal(if like tomb raider legend grafix then i say last gen grafix for textures). so half half and i prefer it like that:)

isnt 360 exact same grafix,i saw the pics and look the same to me/

marcocatena
27-08-06, 11:12
the main character rico looks next gen and the water does, maybe when the game comes out it will be next gen?!

abraham
27-08-06, 12:22
thats what im thinking, HOPELY it will happen,oh yea forgot to add the ocean like you said and reflections too.The reflections look sooo mad on the ocean.

when tomb raider legend demo came out,it wasn't in next gen,i wasn't complaining since there were HUGE problems with v1.0 and v1.1 and also i didn't have a good grafix card back then:) also nvidia took a long time getting the drivers for tomb raider legend.

Mona Sax
29-08-06, 16:01
Okay, I've finally found the time to play the demo:

- Graphics: Beautifully moody (kind of like Vice City). It can't compete with current PC games, but it's far more detailed than any PS2 game I've ever seen. Funnily enough the characters don't look as good as the environment, and there's lots of stuff popping up, especially the underwater vegetation.

- Gameplay: GTA clone, but worse controls. It's fun to steal cars and drive around, but I don't know if it'll be still as much fun after 10 hours or so. Combat is much too easy - it's almost impossible to get yourself killed. I jumped from a two-storied building once and hardly lost any health (which regenerates anyway).

Overall: The game tries to be both GTA and Far Cry, but doesn't come close to either. The demo was still fun to play but I don't think it's enough for a full game. 6.5/10