I'm such a huge fanatic.

Who else here likes or loves Buffy?

Assassino
26-08-06, 18:58
Me!!!!
Or more importantly...Spike!:D:D:D:D

Dingaling
26-08-06, 19:03
I like the show, been watching some Season 6 episodes (Bargaining, Afterlife, Flooded and Dead Things cos I wanted to see the Buffy/Tara scene where she confesses about Spike to Tara) plus I'm trying to think what episode it is that Willow nearly gets run over but Riley saves her (see, this is what makes me watch, I want to see specific scenes, LoL) and what episode is the one where Spike rapes Buffy?

Buffy herself is okay to me most of the time. She seems a bit 'I-want-to-punch-her-really-hard-at-times' to me. So it's the others I like more: Willow, Tara, Anya, Cordelia, Angel, Drusilla, the Mayor, Faith and Andrew. Dawn's grown on me since I've kept watching, Spike is still annoying in Season 6 and 7 (and nearly completely ruined Season 5 of Angel - I thank them for making him very funny at times instead of mostly moping after Buffy (Thanks Kamrusepas for the reminder of him in Angel, it's that bad my mind has tried to erase him from the Season 5 of Angel :p)) and Xander's kinda... Buffyised (see note on Buffy in second sentence of paragraph).

Kamrusepas
26-08-06, 19:05
I only like Spike, and I preferred to watch him on Angel anyways :p

Angelx14
26-08-06, 19:06
Me!!!!
Or more importantly...Spike!:D:D:D:D
Same here. I think he act funny. One of my fave characters.:cln:

Assassino
26-08-06, 19:12
Funny!:D
Yes...but hot!:D:D:D

Trigger_happy
26-08-06, 19:31
oh my god, i was looking on ebay for Buffy dvd and got bored so i acme here and saw this thread. Yay!!!! was watching some earlier and i want then all now, but i dont have much money.

Whats everbodys favourite episode?

Assassino
26-08-06, 19:32
Any with Spike in:D:D:D:D

Trigger_happy
26-08-06, 19:39
i like the episode "Tabula rose" where they all forget who they are and buffy names herself "joan".:D

larastomb
26-08-06, 19:41
My second fav character is willow.
I love her.
I loved her with Tara.
They were sweet and i was shocked when Tara died.
It was a sad and great storyline.
They had great storylines for Willow for the last two seasons.
I love Faith. She is my third fav character.
Anya has to be my 4th fav character.
She is so honest and funny.
I love characters like that.

My fav episode ever is Tabula Rasa. I love that episode so much. I also like the episode Earshot, The Gift and Conversations with Dead people.

ror
26-08-06, 19:46
it's my fave tv show eva!

Sofitegan
26-08-06, 21:06
and what episode is the one where Spike rapes Buffy?

He never actually raped her, he just tried to. but you cant do that to a slayer!
the episode is sometime late season six, either Hells bells, normal again, entropy, or seeing red.

Could I love this show any more?? :D Its awesome, my favourite characters are faith, spike, and xander. oh and giles! haha. I hate angel though. He's dull as a table lamp!

EDIT: Spike tried to rape buffy in Seeing red, season six.

StarCroft:AOD
26-08-06, 21:10
I liked the show, and David Boreanaz.:cln: :jmp:

Dingaling
26-08-06, 21:16
Thanks Sofitegan! :D Btw, doesn't someone in the show call Angel as dull as a table lamp or am I thinking of something else?

Sofitegan
26-08-06, 21:18
Thanks Sofitegan! :D Btw, doesn't someone in the show call Angel as dull as a table lamp or am I thinking of something else?
You are correct! Gold star! haha. Spike calls angel dull as a table lamp in "chosen", the last episode EVER (;( ) of buffy. God, im such a geek!

tombraider123
26-08-06, 22:59
I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I love Faith and Anya! :D

Night_Heaven
26-08-06, 23:01
Buffy has a strange name..hihi....almost like boogie man..hi hi hi :tea:

LegenDarY
27-08-06, 00:55
i'm a huge buffy/angel fan..

i love buffy, willow and faith the most.. great characters (especially dark/evil willow :eek:)

lita212
27-08-06, 02:04
i love buffy the vampire slayer. my fave charater is faith. one thing that got on my nerves is buffy always used to say to faith. im the slayer im the slayer lol. its like erm buffy no your not. faiths the slayer. she died which activated faith making her the slayer then buffy came back to life so techniqually faiths the slayer and buffy is the 2nd slayer

Trigger_happy
27-08-06, 10:50
how about the episode where willow attacks Glory and has a bag of floaty knives!

Nephili
27-08-06, 10:56
I loovvveee Buffy, i want to get all the boxsets, all i have is season 1 at the moment!

Lost_Soul
27-08-06, 12:14
Love the show but I don't really like Buffy...Faith's a lot cooler and like Lita said - Faith's the slayer now, not Buffy...

Mytly
27-08-06, 14:23
Oh, how I love this show! :jmp:
I love all the characters - they made a great team - though Willow was definitely my favourite. Even when she turned evil in season six, I was rooting for her instead of Buffy.
I loved all the episodes; there was never a dull one. But if I had to choose favourites, i would say "Once more with Feeling" (the musical episode) and "The Body" (where Joyce dies). Basically, I loved the whole of season 5 & 6, but the last season was a let down.
I mourned so much when the show ended, I even started watching "Angel" (which I hated) just so I could see something of the Buffyverse (Spike was an added bonus in the last season).

Faith's the slayer now, not Buffy...

So should it be "Faith the Vampire Slayer"? Hmm, doesn't quite roll off the tongue ... :D

Pablo.CT
27-08-06, 14:39
I ove Buffy, I have the complete DVD boxset thing. I am nearly finished watching them again.

Have any of you palyed the first Buffy Game.

Faith is one of my favourite characters

Sofitegan
27-08-06, 15:06
I loovvveee Buffy, i want to get all the boxsets, all i have is season 1 at the moment!
try ebay. :) thats where i got the first three from, except the second one which i got in... virgin. or hmv? hhhhmmmm. virgin, definetly.

larastomb
27-08-06, 15:09
Most main character have weird names

e.g, Buffy, Xena, Tru.

Lost_Soul
27-08-06, 15:10
So should it be "Faith the Vampire Slayer"? Hmm, doesn't quite roll off the tongue ... :D
Sure it does...Your just used to Buffy the vampire Slayer...if it was Faith from the start it would sound just fine...I think they were considering a Faith spin-off for a while but then decided against it (or something like that)

Dingaling
27-08-06, 15:12
Most main character have weird names

e.g, Buffy, Xena, Tru.

*Gasps* A fellow Xena and Tru Calling fan as well? :D

Oh, and I watched Seeing Red yesterday - I loved how they casually changed the opening credits and then "Your shirt." :( Now to find the Season 4 episode where Willow nearly gets run over :D

Trigger_happy
27-08-06, 17:57
*Gasps* A fellow Xena and Tru Calling fan as well? :D

hay, snap, i like tru calling and buffy too. i think that sky one is satan, cutting tru during series 2 :mad:

tombraider123
27-08-06, 18:06
I have all the episodes. Some on DVD some on Video.

Im doing a full rewatch and I have just finished The Initiative(sp?)

Dingaling
27-08-06, 18:33
hay, snap, i like tru calling and buffy too. i think that sky one is satan, cutting tru during series 2 :mad:

That wasn't Sky One but the evil Fox network! Sky One just bought the rights to show it over here, Fox were the ones that said "We're cutting you short and unfinished after 6 episodes of Season 2 leaving the whole thing in a cliffhanger!"

Death to the evil Fox network!

And I just watched "Freshman" not but 5 minutes ago. Some great lines:
"It's nice to meet you."
"I'm nice to meet." :vlol:

Lew
27-08-06, 18:34
The Best season for me was, well theres 3, season 3, 5, and 6. I loved them, eery single episode :D

Pablo.CT
27-08-06, 19:02
Season 2 is my fave season, all the other's are equal, except season 6, It just wasnt Buffy, she was so depressed and the Spuffy stuff was very dark and wierd.

Spike was so much better in season 7 and Buffy and Spike suited eachother in season 7

BtoFu
27-08-06, 19:51
I enjoyed Season 1 and 2 but gave up on it after that, I think it got too bogged down with the (necessary but eh) relationships. I love the movie though. :D

Luke Perry alert!

http://towerweb.net/vampires/pics/buffy_KristySwanson01.jpg

interstellardave
27-08-06, 19:51
Best. Show. Ever.

Best episode (there's so many): The Gift (season 5 finale)
Best season: 5... more important character growth than all the other seasons, Buffy learns she can love and comes to love Dawn regardless of her origins. The whole Dawn angle was brilliant, IMO. Best new character surprise in TV history! The Gift also would have been a better series finale (it could have been the last episode at the time) than the actual series finale IMO.

jackles
27-08-06, 19:55
My fav is the one where Willow is a vampire...I love that one. I liked the early ones best...and WHY did Spike have to throw himself at Buffy??? Don't they understand that weak jealous women might be watching??

interstellardave
27-08-06, 20:06
More Buffy Bests (IMO of course:

Creepiest episode: "Hush" (who doesn't think this is the creepiest, lol!)

Saddest episode: "The Body" (Joyce dies and Buffy finds her on the couch... makes a grown man--me--cry every single time I see it).

Best Villian: There are so many... the Mayor was brilliant, as was Glory, but I have to go with Willow. Just a few episodes as the Big Bad but when she was bad, she was BAD.

My favorite line: So many great Buffy lines... my favorite has to be when she tricks the vamp into drinking holy water (from the episode where her slayer powers were gone): "If I was at full Slayer strength I'd be punning right about now" :cln:

Trigger_happy
27-08-06, 21:32
i think that glory is the best baddy, just because she seems tobe the opposite of buffy and is always mouthing off, like:

"lost your hammer sweetcheeks, watcha gonna hit me with now?"

and my personal favourite-
"need to eat a brain"
"Oh take mine, your hediousness"
"i said a brain!"

lita212
27-08-06, 21:55
That wasn't Sky One but the evil Fox network! Sky One just bought the rights to show it over here, Fox were the ones that said "We're cutting you short and unfinished after 6 episodes of Season 2 leaving the whole thing in a cliffhanger!"

Death to the evil Fox network!

And I just watched "Freshman" not but 5 minutes ago. Some great lines:
"It's nice to meet you."
"I'm nice to meet." :vlol:

do you want to know why fox cancelled tru calling? they cancelled the show because of the simple life. they had to choose which show to put into the time slot and they chose the simple life over tru which was why tru calling got cancelled

Trigger_happy
27-08-06, 22:13
grrr, i curse fox and all its employees with nasty boils and that their coffee machines explode. :mad: :mad:

Dingaling
27-08-06, 22:45
Funnily enough when Tru got reruns and put back to its slot, it got higher rating than "The Simple Life" WITHOUT any promotion. I think it was "The Simple Life", it was definitely something it beat in ratings without promotions. And thankfully one of the staff members have a journal so I found out what would happen later on in the season. You'll need to go back a bit to find the releated entries tho': http://tightropegirl.livejournal.com/

Just about to watch "The Initiative" S4 right now. Might watch Pangs as well.

Trigger_happy
28-08-06, 09:59
wasnt tru replaced by something called - peak. im sure it began with a "P"

tombraider123
28-08-06, 13:20
I just watced Pangs last night. I love this episode. there are some funny bits.

interstellardave
28-08-06, 16:52
I just watced Pangs last night. I love this episode. there are some funny bits.

Spike: "You made a bear!!!" :vlol:

Tomb Raider Jay
28-08-06, 18:40
I loved Buffy :)
I've got the entire seven seasons and I watch them sometimes, especialy when I need cheering up :p

I first got into it when I was in high school, the first season was so good that even my friends started watching it too. I loved everything about this show - the characters, the fighting and the black humor :)
Some of the my favourite episodes of the show are: "Hush" - "Pangs" - "Welcome to the Hellmouth" - "Graduation" - "Once More, with Feeling" - "Chosen" and a couple more but I can't remember them all.

I think it was a really hard show to watch at times because of the different themes it dealt with but that was mostly later in the show like S5, S6 and S7
Season 6 was really harsh, they ripped all the characters relationships appart and the show just wasn't Buffy anymore :(
I found it particularly hard to watch when Buffy's mom died but she had to go on living and give her own life up for Dawn - but then it really made Buffy grow up and realise she had responsabilities to take care of.

I didn't like the ending of the show, in fact the only thing I liked about season 7 was that Andrew added some light comedy to a very speach-filled snooze-fest of a final season :(

But Buffy is a brilliant tv show and to this day I still watch it, which really says alot about how the show really gripped it's fans :)

By the way I don't know if anyone knows this but over here in the UK they tried to replace Buffy with this show called HEX - thought to be "the British version of Buffy" - needless to say it was a huge flop and got cancelled after only 2 seasons! :D
Edit: My favourite characters in the show are Buffy, Willow and Xander :)

interstellardave
28-08-06, 18:46
LOL, I happened to catch an episode of "Hex" on BBCA recently! Aside from a woman in a schoolgirl outfit crawling under a desk :whi: it did nothing for me! It cannot be compared to Buffy in any way!

larastomb
28-08-06, 19:02
OMG i love Hex.
Hex is a misunderstood Hex.
Hex was the best sc-fi show for me when Buffy ended. It helped me in my mourning stage.

Trigger_happy
28-08-06, 19:11
oh my god, i love hex as well- though calling it the british buffy is wrong- its not like buffy, but i still think its good.

On a better note- i just won all 7 seasons of buffy from ebay- im so pleased. yay buffyfest- i can watch them all yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

larastomb
28-08-06, 19:13
I don't watch Buffy too much on my DVD'S. If i watch a show too much i end up hating it. It happened with The Simpsons and i have not watched The Simpsons in over three months. But i still like it.

Dingaling
28-08-06, 19:20
I ditched "The Initiative" and "Pangs" last night and just watched "Villains" (I think, the one where Willow skins Warren anyway). There's quite a bit of debate whether Buffy dies again or not isn't there? I mean the machine does the "flatline" noise, plus Xander says something like "This dying thing may be funny maybe once, twice" which gives the impression that she died a third time. I'm starting to get the impression that Buffy isn't all that good a Slayer with all the times she's dying or about to die, LoL.

larastomb
28-08-06, 19:25
Funnily enough when Tru got reruns and put back to its slot, it got higher rating than "The Simple Life" WITHOUT any promotion. I think it was "The Simple Life", it was definitely something it beat in ratings without promotions. And thankfully one of the staff members have a journal so I found out what would happen later on in the season. You'll need to go back a bit to find the releated entries tho': http://tightropegirl.livejournal.com/

Just about to watch "The Initiative" S4 right now. Might watch Pangs as well.

The storyline they had lined up sent a shiver down my spine. That would of made great TV.

Also, one of TC replacements was called Point Pleasant.

Dingaling
28-08-06, 19:31
The TC storyline does send shivers doesn't it? Quite the brilliance if you ask me.

And yes, I think someone mentioned Point Pleasant before in the thread (but in a much smaller way, LoL). I think that's what TC beat in ratings with absolutely no promotion whatsoever while Point Pleasant was advertised like nothing on earth. Just shows what a bad decision Fox made :)

tombraider123
28-08-06, 20:02
Spike: "You made a bear!!!" :vlol:

Lol, the amount times I have to re-wind that! It cracks me up every time!

Creepiest episode: "Hush" (who doesn't think this is the creepiest, lol!)

I disagree, I find Killed by Death far more scary.

tombraider123
28-08-06, 20:07
I ditched "The Initiative" and "Pangs" last night and just watched "Villains" (I think, the one where Willow skins Warren anyway). There's quite a bit of debate whether Buffy dies again or not isn't there? I mean the machine does the "flatline" noise, plus Xander says something like "This dying thing may be funny maybe once, twice" which gives the impression that she died a third time. I'm starting to get the impression that Buffy isn't all that good a Slayer with all the times she's dying or about to die, LoL.

Faith has lasted longer than Buffy. Buffy first died after about a year of slaying when The Master killed her.

Faith never died once in the Buffy series - However she did come extremely close when she was stabbed and put into a Coma

Trigger_happy
28-08-06, 21:21
if buffy died by jumping into the glowyness at the end of series 6, shouldnt there be another slayer activated or does the way she died prevent that?

LegenDarY
28-08-06, 21:22
if buffy died by jumping into the glowyness at the end of series 6, shouldnt there be another slayer activated or does the way she died prevent that?
that happened.. i believe it was this black girl.. (or faith)

edit: i think i'm confused now.. cause didn't buffy die cause of the master in season 1? i can't remember if another slayer was born because of that

http://www.buffyworld.com/buffy/season1/pictures/12_main.jpg http://www.buffyworld.com/buffy/season5/pictures/100_main4.jpg

Trigger_happy
28-08-06, 21:26
when the master killed buffy in series 1, Kendra was created. when she snuffed it, Faith was activated. but faith is the last "proper" slayer, even though buffy died again.

LegenDarY
28-08-06, 21:30
when the master killed buffy in series 1, Kendra was created. when she snuffed it, Faith was activated. but faith is the last "proper" slayer, even though buffy died again.
maybe it didn't happen because buffy had already died once.. :confused:

and that it only works once for every slayer

tombraider123
28-08-06, 21:34
maybe it didn't happen because buffy had already died once.. :confused:

and that it only works once for every slayer

When she died at the end of season 5, there was no new slayer becuase Faith was the active Slayer, meaning no one was needed. Even though Faith was in prison.

The reason Faith was there because Kendra ( who was activated when Buffy died at the end of season 1 ) died in Season 2, therefore bringing Faith in as the active Slayer - meaning when Buffy died again in season 5, there was no need for a new one as Faith was still alive

Trigger_happy
28-08-06, 21:36
oh i get it- another slayer is only activated if there are no other slayers in the whole world. So the best way to kill off the slayers would be to cut off their legs, but not kill them.

Dingaling
28-08-06, 21:51
When Buffy died at the end of S5 she wasn't a "real" Slayer anymore. She had died. I don't think it actually has anything to do with Faith being active or not. I mean if there was 3 Slayers - Buffy, Faith, Slayer No. 3 and both Buffy and Faith died (again) noone would be activated because they had already died. The duty had been passed on but their actual powers had not been passed on, they still kept it. So they are brought back still retaining their powers.

Generally it's why you couldn't keep drowning Buffy to activate new SLayers - it wouldn't work othwerwise they'd have already done that in the show, LOL (or I'm just extremely smart). I think this could even be taken to why The First can reappear as Buffy. She, in technicality, is dead. She had died. She is dead and can no longer activate new Slayers (he says again, for about the 1000th time).

I hope to Xena that makes sense and noone had actually said that -_-

Trigger_happy
28-08-06, 21:55
ah, so the best way to kill all the slayer is to line them up in fromt of a minigun and get trigger happy?:)

Dingaling
28-08-06, 21:59
Well, yeah but there will always be another one activated (considering one of the "Slayers" is the real one and not a resurrected one) so I'd have to say good luck finding her, LoL.

I think I can explain what I was trying to say a bit better from my previous post:

You can have numerous Slayers but only one of them will ever be the "real" Slayer. Any other Slayers will either be Potentials (with limited powers) or Resurrected Slayers that still retain their powers. Only the "real" Slayer can ever activate a new "real" Slayer.

Except all that goes down the drain with "Chosen" but before that, y'know, that's how it could have went, LoL.

Trigger_happy
29-08-06, 10:33
is chosen the last ever buffy episode?

tombraider123
29-08-06, 12:14
is chosen the last ever buffy episode?

Yep, I think it was not the best ending, but it was OK :)

Trigger_happy
29-08-06, 18:01
it was a pretty monumental finale and there is definetely no going back on it, unless they can rebuild sunnydale:)

interstellardave
29-08-06, 18:08
it was a pretty monumental finale and there is definetely no going back on it, unless they can rebuild sunnydale:)

As Giles said: "There's another Hellmouth in Cleveland"! Recently there was a story that seemed pretty solid which stated that a continuation of the Buffy series was being talked about with SMG. I think she's a good actress myself but her career hasn't exactly taken off after Buffy. Buffy is her signature role whether she wants it to be or not, just like the Star Trek actors. I hope she and the others sign on to do a few more seasons!

tombraider123
29-08-06, 19:29
As Giles said: "There's another Hellmouth in Cleveland"! Recently there was a story that seemed pretty solid which stated that a continuation of the Buffy series was being talked about with SMG. I think she's a good actress myself but her career hasn't exactly taken off after Buffy. Buffy is her signature role whether she wants it to be or not, just like the Star Trek actors. I hope she and the others sign on to do a few more seasons!

I would love that so much!

larastomb
29-08-06, 19:33
The finale of Buffy rocked.
A brilliant ending to a brilliant show.
Another thing i like about buffy is that it never went downhill as most shows that are fantasy and sci-fi do. X files, Charmed and Xena are examples.