PDA

View Full Version : Parasite Eve query

BtoFu
26-08-06, 20:08
When I was counting my PS2 titles there I noted that I still have Parasite Eve 2 for the PS One. Had a quick swatch on eBay for the original because I'm pretty damn sure it never got a release over here in the UK, which I find a little curious since the sequel did. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I remember playing the original NTSC version at a friend's house years ago, but don't ever recall seeing it anywhere over here with a PAL conversion.

Agent 47
26-08-06, 21:07
i can confirm that

Parasite Eve (splendid game, really enjoyed it) did not get a PAL UK release, regrettably.........i did own an import that my sis bought for me whilst holidaying in the US.....it was whilst buying the UK version of PE2 that i enquired as to why the original had no UK release

shop guy had no idea why :jmp:

shame the PS2 never got an update or follow up though :(

BtoFu
26-08-06, 21:12
I thought as much. Cheers Agent 47, guess I'll have to snap up a US import copy. And very much agreed, an outing on some of the current hardware would have been very nice indeed.

ace_85
26-08-06, 21:13
Isn't Parasite Eve the one with the two women who are supposed to be lesbians? :D

Edit - Just Googled it, it's not the same game, but now I can't remember the one I mean and it's bugging me :vlol:

Agent 47
26-08-06, 21:20
that's be Fear Effect

*walks away whistling, pretending never to have played it* :D

ace_85
26-08-06, 21:28
that's be Fear Effect

*walks away whistling, pretending never to have played it* :D

That's it! Thanks 47, you've just saved me from spending the next God-knows-how-many hours trying to confirm that I hadn't gone mad :D Was it any good, BTW? It looked like a bit of a one-trick pony to be honest :D

BtoFu
26-08-06, 21:29
I love that damn game..the original is in my top 10. No points for sordid lesbian encounters there but we'll always have..

http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/interview/liu/image10.jpg

the sequel! Ooh err Missus!

The original is well worth picking up, ace..an absolute classic. Sequel is fun too but the vision went way out there and I wasn't loving the futuristic angle.

Thorir
26-08-06, 21:34
I importet PE 1 aaaages ago. :)
Fantastic game!

Agent 47
26-08-06, 21:39
That's it! Thanks 47, you've just saved me from spending the next God-knows-how-many hours trying to confirm that I hadn't gone mad :D Was it any good, BTW? It looked like a bit of a one-trick pony to be honest :D

it wasn't all that bad from what i remember of it, it was deemed a sleeper hit at the time.....can't comment on FE2 Retro Helix as i never bought it

Tombreaper
27-08-06, 02:45
Parasite Eve: superb
Parasite Eve II: even more superb