PDA

View Full Version : Texas Chainsaw Massacre: UE Review

TombRaiderLover
27-08-06, 10:52
Go HERE (http://www.horrordvds.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewarticle&id=468)

This DVD looks fantastic! Six hours of extras and a dramatically improved high-definition transfer.

tr_mitch
27-08-06, 10:58
I just wish they'd release the remake with it, I'm sure it would sell a lot more.

TombRaiderLover
27-08-06, 11:05
I hate the remake. :p

tr_mitch
27-08-06, 11:07

I don't. :wve:

da tomb raider!
27-08-06, 11:14
I'm with you. Who likes remakes?! Mind you, look at tr_mitch here...

Thorir
27-08-06, 11:21
I haven´t seen the remake, and I never will. Americans mess up remakes!
Leatherface is damn scary in the original! From pics I´ve seen, he looks totally plastic in the remake.

tr_mitch
27-08-06, 11:22
I'm with you. Who likes remakes?! Mind you, look at tr_mitch here...

So i take it if the next tomb raider is a remake, you won't buy it :mis:

da tomb raider!
27-08-06, 11:23
Well, I'm not usually scared by ANY type of horror film, but I have to admit, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was pretty creepy...

da tomb raider!
27-08-06, 11:24
You're damn right! :D

Shark_Blade
27-08-06, 11:31
^We'll see about that:mis:

Rivendell
27-08-06, 11:40

Me too, it stunk, badly.

I like the original, but I find it funny and not scary!

Running through the forest being chased by a masked madman, then smacking into a branch is comedy genius :D

da tomb raider!
27-08-06, 11:42
Me too, it stunk, badly.

I like the original, but I find it funny and not scary!

Running through the forest being chased by a masked madman, then smacking into a branch is comedy genius :D
Come to think about it, it IS kinda funny...

Rivendell
27-08-06, 11:42
And the same woman keeps jumping though windows! :D

Thorir
27-08-06, 12:03

You wouldn´t think so if YOU were chased by a insane guy wielding a CHAINSAW! :p

da tomb raider!
27-08-06, 12:05
You wouldn´t think so if YOU were chased by a insane guy wielding a CHAINSAW! :p
True, but he (Or she) was talking about the film!

Thorir
27-08-06, 12:08
I know that. :p
It is a bit funny, but probably not meant to be, since the rest of the film is quite gritty!

Rivendell
27-08-06, 12:09
:D Very true Thorir!!

Maybe the whole thing subconsciously terrifies me, so it makes me laugh to stop me from being scared.. ..? :\

-
-
-
Nah, it's funny :D

thepetemaster
27-08-06, 12:14
Classic movie, looks like the new transfer is excellent. The remake was so-so but miles better than that guff Matthew Macaugnahay(sp?) version.

Last house on the Left has now been confirmed as being remade as has a new Halloween by Rob Zombie - hopefully they will stick to the growing trend of making movies scary/gory again.

da tomb raider!
27-08-06, 12:18
Well, all I know is that I've never seen a decent re-make. Ever! :D

TombRaiderLover
27-08-06, 13:19
Last house on the Left has now been confirmed as being remade as has a new Halloween by Rob Zombie - hopefully they will stick to the growing trend of making movies scary/gory again.
So you're one of those people who thinks gore makes a film scary?

Lara Croft!
27-08-06, 15:52

LMAO!!!!!

It was a good remake!Scared the hell out of me!

thepetemaster
27-08-06, 17:16
So you're one of those people who thinks gore makes a film scary?

Not at all, gore and scariness are two seperate elements, I just prefer my horror movies to have a little bit of both :)

Rivendell
27-08-06, 17:54
Well, all I know is that I've never seen a decent re-make. Ever! :D

I thought of one!!

King Kong!

Jackson's film is a Hell of a lot better than the original imo, there's so much more depth to it, other than Ooogaa oogaa grunt grunt SCREEAM SCREEAM SCREEEEEAM!!!
There's personality, care, development..

TombRaiderLover
27-08-06, 18:01
I thought of one!!

King Kong!

Jackson's film is a Hell of a lot better than the original imo, there's so much more depth to it, other than Ooogaa oogaa grunt grunt SCREEAM SCREEAM SCREEEEEAM!!!
There's personality, care, development..
OMG, you prefer it over the original. The original is so much better. Faster paced, better acting, and, thank god, no sentimentality. Kong should be a vicious monster, not a cute little monkey.