PDA

View Full Version : Will there...

Stig911
28-08-06, 15:06
...ever be another Tomb Raider book. I loved the second book (third was good but I dodn't enjoy it being from Lara's point of view. First was crap!) I think that there should be another book. How about you?
Also. I think that a good choise of auther would be Garth Nix, he wrote the Keys To The Kingdom Series, The Abhorsen series and the Ragwitch. Who do you think should be the auther of the next book, if there is one?

Rickéh
28-08-06, 15:09
I readed the Tomb Raider 1 Book from the first movie, it was very good.

Mona Sax
28-08-06, 15:10
Maybe a crayon-in TRL painting book for the younger fans?

Stig911
28-08-06, 15:12
I readed the Tomb Raider 1 Book from the first movie, it was very good.

There was one about the movie?

I read the The Amulet Of Power (first one about how she was aved from the Tomb (realy crap!)

The Lost Artefact (My favorite but I hate it when she falls in Love!)

The Man Of Bronze (Last One And Good Story But Hate It Being Done In Lara's Poin Of View!)

Rivendell
Hah Nice one Mona :tmb: !

I want a resolve to the TR6 storyline, I'd love to read a book of that if it was well written and Tomb Raidery :)

xMiSsCrOfTx

You know, I've always wanted one of those! Call me weird, but seriously. :D

Rickéh
There was one about the movie?

I read the The Amulet Of Power (first one about how she was aved from the Tomb (realy crap!)

The Lost Artefact (My favorite but I hate it when she falls in Love!)

The Man Of Bronze (Last One And Good Story But Hate It Being Done In Lara's Poin Of View!)

Yup there is/was :)

Stig911
28-08-06, 15:14
Hah Nice one Mona :tmb: !

I want a resolve to the TR6 storyline, I'd love to read a book of that if it was well written and Tomb Raidery :)

I thought about one being about Angel Of Darkness too. The auther should get the info from Core (characters, story, locations and everything!) and then the auther writes the book!)

Catapharact
28-08-06, 15:14

Hope that was sarcasam because that's possibly the Dorkiest. Idea. Ever (no offence ;). )

Nah! Novelization of game based stories rarely work (except for Halo books. Those are a different story.) Resident evil has a comic series out but I doubt anyone reads it Lol! Same with Advent Rising.

Greenkey2
28-08-06, 15:16

Or even a version of Tomb Raider that is on the same level as Spot The Dog for the very young fans? ;)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/milwardfamily/images/jenni/trwatercolour.jpg

Lara Croft goes to see Mr Dinosaur. Poor Mr Dinosaur has the flu. Lara gives him some medicine. "Ahhh, much better" says Mr Dinosaur. The end.

Stig911
28-08-06, 15:16
I think that if it is done propely it is grate. I think films into books isnt as good and sometimes books into films is crappy. for example I love harry potter books and games but I dont like the film atall!

Catapharact
28-08-06, 15:17
I rather see Lara put a bullet though Barney's Head :pi:.

That Dino ain't right....

tha_mattster
28-08-06, 15:17
Have you not got it yet? :confused:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h279/tha_mattster2/babysitter-1.jpg

I love the chapter when Alister and Zip dress up as lara and have a make up fight!! :jmp:

@catapharact: http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb036.gif

Greenkey2
28-08-06, 15:18
@ Catapharact I know what you mean about game novels. The only decent one I've come across is Doom II: Hell On Earth. The others in that series were very poor, but that had the makings of some good characters. Taking on a really good written story about Tomb Raider is a real challenge.

EDIT: Well Lara's a resourceful lady. She could always try spking the Rex's drinking water in the Lost Valley rather than shoot it ;)

Stig911
28-08-06, 15:19
OMG nobody is taking this seriouly. I was realy serious about a book. And I would love to know the end of AOD so why not about that.

Greenkey2
28-08-06, 15:22
OMG nobody is taking this seriouly. I was realy serious about a book. And I would love to know the end of AOD so why not about that.
Yes, I would like to have a really good, well-written story centred around those events. I missed not having any explaination :(

Catapharact
28-08-06, 15:25

Welcome to the new TRF Stig :(. I know you have been away long but now you know what it has devolved to.

To answer your question, novelization has to have the element of surprise; It has to bring something fresh to the table. With the Halo books, it was the pre-military life of Mater Chief; Everyone was curious about how Master Chief became Master Chief.

With Lara, everything is up and done though. I don't think they can bring anything new.

tha_mattster
28-08-06, 15:25

The AoD trilogy would be preferable :)

EIDOS might give you a t-shirt though,

'I waited for AoD 2
and all I got was
this lousy barbie'

Stig911
28-08-06, 15:37
What does GROLL stand for?

Mona Sax
28-08-06, 15:38
What does GROLL stand for?
Get Rid Of Legend Lara.

Stig911
28-08-06, 15:43
Is there a GROAODL

Catapharact
28-08-06, 15:44
Is there a GROAODL

We are not that fortunate, unfortunately.

Though, yes... I wouldn't mind that at all.

Rivendell
28-08-06, 15:46
Nope, there's no need for a GROAODL - now L L is in charge ;)

Mona Sax
28-08-06, 15:48
I think we need a BBCBAL. Bring Back Classic Badass Lara.

tr_mitch
28-08-06, 15:49
GROAODL

:tmb:

Rivendell
28-08-06, 15:51
I think we need a BBCBAL. Bring Back Classic Badass Lara.

Hear hear, I'd join that! Bring back Don't give a crap lara who'd shoot you in the face as soon as smile at you (a la finale TR3) .

:jmp:

Catapharact
28-08-06, 15:52
Definately. It would be quite profitable for the gaming industry IMO:

Think about it:

- No love interest = Geeks would drool all over her digital assets again (Pathetic IMO, but profitable.)

- Those who love platforming obviously love the classics.

- I would be so happy if Lara returns back from being another "Sims" Caracature.

tr_mitch
28-08-06, 15:52
Hear hear, I'd join that! Bring back Don't give a crap lara who'd shoot you in the face as soon as smile at you (a la finale TR3) .

:jmp:

I must agree with that :tmb:
One of the best memorys of tombraider was that scene.... No mercy :)

If Eidos released another tombraider game with ps1 graphics ect, just a new story.... I'd definatley buy it.

Rivendell
28-08-06, 16:00
I'd buy another 'Classic' style game too- I'd sooner buy that than another generic and boring platformer that seem to be the way forward for TR..

tr_mitch
28-08-06, 16:05
I'd buy another 'Classic' style game too- I'd sooner buy that than another generic and boring platformer that seem to be the way forward for TR..

The thing is though, They could practically make one within half a year 'even earlier' if they wanted to.... And satisfy a lot of avid Tomb Raider Fans, Just because graphics and gameplay are the way forward, doesn't mean we can't dwell in the past for a little longer.