PDA

View Full Version : LMAO! A Tomb Raider bowling ball!

tlr online
28-08-06, 19:35
This just got posted on Eidos Forums. Check out the Tomb Raider Bowling Ball :jmp:

http://www.bowlingball.com/Ball-4258/hammer-tomb-raider-se.html

tr_mitch
28-08-06, 19:36
For $130 they can screw.

tlr online
28-08-06, 19:37
For $130 they can screw.
It's insane isn't it! Stick Tomb Raider on something, hike the price, and I bet it still sells like hotcakes. :vlol:

scion05
28-08-06, 19:37
Ive seen tomb raider helmets before lol! and also got a free calender..
But a bowling ball ! :yik:

Lenochka
28-08-06, 19:38
Thats hott! I want one :jmp: I dont go bowling but just having one would be awsome :D:D

Catapharact
28-08-06, 19:39
130 dollars for a bowling ball? You do know that it isn't THAT expeansive considering qhat some of the professional stuff sells for.

Lord Icon
This just got posted on Eidos Forums. Check out the Tomb Raider Bowling Ball :jmp:

:vlol:

tlr online
Damn. The last time I went bowling, we got thrown out. It was just a riot from start to finish. Our balls ended up in other lanes, we were running down the bowling alley chasing our balls. We lasted 40 minutes before we were ejected :D

Dazzy
28-08-06, 19:40
Cool bowling ball, Tomb Raider rules, even on a bowling ball lol.

MiCkiZ88
28-08-06, 19:42
looks cool,I want one :D

Catapharact
28-08-06, 19:42
Damn. The last time I went bowling, we got thrown out. It was just a riot from start to finish. Our balls ended up in other lanes, we were running down the bowling alley chasing our balls. We lasted 40 minutes before we were ejected :D

Begs the question: "Did you do it on purpose?" :p

Bowling ain't my cup of tea. For indoors, give a pool table anyday. Man, its so fun to play pool.

BtoFu
28-08-06, 19:44
That sucks. If it had been a big round version of Lara's head I would have been so in there getting me one of those.

Over the liiiiiine! I'm sorry, Smokie you were over the line.

Dazzy
28-08-06, 19:44
I've only been bowling twice. First time in December 2003, and my first ever go I got a strike, lucky or what lol. I did alright on that day. I went again in March 2005, and I was a bit worse than the last time I went lol.

LegenDarY
28-08-06, 19:45
looks like they photoshopped the tomb raider letters in it.. looks really fake..

and i agree with cat.. i'd rather play some pool in stead of bowling

Catapharact
28-08-06, 19:45
I am just laughing my ass off picturing Indiana Jones running for his damned life with a big bowling bowl with Lara's head chasing right after him.

Hmmm, who knew death could be so beautiful.

Greenkey2
28-08-06, 19:48
Ooo Matron :vlol: Nice use of language Justin! :vlol: :whi:

Hmm I expected Lara to be on it somewhere :(

EDIT: LMAO Cat! :vlol:

tlr online
28-08-06, 19:49

Lara Croft!
28-08-06, 19:50
I love its colours!

Dazzy
28-08-06, 19:51
So, we have the Tomb Raider bowling ball, what next? The Tomb Raider football lol.

Melonie Tomb Raider
28-08-06, 20:07
I'd probably buy one if it had a pic of Lara on it or something, I love bowling! :jmp:

Lara's Boy
28-08-06, 20:11

That's unbelievable.....so they assume that anything with the words "tomb raider" or Lara's face on it will sell?

tlr online
28-08-06, 20:15

That's unbelievable.....so they assume that anything with the words "tomb raider" or Lara's face on it will sell?
I think that's about it Lara's Boy. In fact, I know of a couple of folk who will buy anything relating to Lara Croft or Tomb Raider. And I mean anything!

Dingaling
28-08-06, 20:18
I think that's about it Lara's Boy. In fact, I know of a couple of folk who will buy anything relating to Lara Croft or Tomb Raider. And I mean anything!

:whi:

That bowling ball sure does look nice... but why, oh, why is the first "R" the wrong way round in Raider?

Lara's Boy
28-08-06, 20:19

THat is absolutely insane, and why they keep doing it. Comics, books, limited statues are kind of alright, but come on, she is just a video game character, it would be one thing if she actually went bowling in the games, lol. Hm, now that I've said that, I am sure that they will include a Lara's Bowling Adventure mini-game in TR8, right before the mushy reunion with her mother, lamo.

At any rate, this was a good laugh, even if it made me realize how desperate people are to actually make and buy these things....thanks TLR :D

Lavinder

We all know that you have loo roll with Lara imprinted on to it.

Hybrid Soldier

Basically....yeah. :)

Let me put it this way. If there was a bowling ball with Elektra on it, would you get it? :p

Lara's Boy
28-08-06, 20:21
Let me put it this way. If there was a bowling ball with Elektra on it, would you get it? :p

Actually, no, :p

She is a comic character, so if there were comics and games that featured her, then sure. But to market a character out of their element is absolutely absurd :wve:

(I'm not THAT obsessed with Elektra :p I just like that she kills people for money :D)

Hybrid Soldier
28-08-06, 20:27
Actually, no, :p

She is a comic character, so if there were comics and games that featured her, then sure. But to market a character out of their element is absolutely absurd :wve:

(I'm not THAT obsessed with Elektra :p I just like that she kills people for money :D)

Ahah. So you like Assasins?!

If there was one with Spider Man or Black Cat, i'd most likely get it. Even if i don't really enjoy bowling. It would make you look like one of the following:

1) An extremely devoted fan

2) An obsessed fan

3) A Weirdo

:tea:

Lara's Boy
28-08-06, 20:29
Ahah. So you like Assasins?!

If there was one with Spider Man or Black Cat, i'd most likely get it. Even if i don't really enjoy bowling. It would make you look like one of the following:

1) An extremely devoted fan

2) An obsessed fan

3) A Weirdo
:tea:

lol, or a conglomeration of all three :p

I don't really go bowling (I do like it, just don't do it often), and I only like TR in the game/comic universe.....so what benefit would buying a TR bowling ball have? Hell, I don't even OWN a bowling ball of my own, I always use the bowling alleys' balls :p

Assassino
28-08-06, 20:30
Same here...we just threw all the balls down one alley, jammed the machine...

Lord Icon
28-08-06, 20:34
THat is absolutely insane, and why they keep doing it.

For profit my friend. If the Smurfs were as popular as Tomb Raider right now you would probably see them on bowling balls too :)

Alive_and_Funky
28-08-06, 20:36

It seems like they tried to mimic the Star Wars font but went and botched it. :vlol:

tlr online
28-08-06, 20:52
The Smurfs rule! :D

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2449/smurfscx7.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smurfscx7.jpg)

tr_mitch
28-08-06, 20:53
The Smurfs rule! :D

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2449/smurfscx7.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smurfscx7.jpg)

The Smurfs were cool, but they aint got **** on these guys. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuCq0aZiPT0

tlr online
28-08-06, 20:55
WTF?!?!?! :vlol:

tr_mitch
28-08-06, 20:56
WTF?!?!?! :vlol:
OMG... do not tell my you never watched the snorks.

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-08-06, 21:01
Lol, wow! It's overpriced AND ugly! :p :vlol:

Lord Icon
28-08-06, 21:02
OMG... do not tell my you never watched the snorks.

Yeah, they're like Smurfs but they live underwater :D

tr_mitch
28-08-06, 21:03
Yeah, they're like Smurfs but they live underwater :D

Exactly!
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/ggscanlan/th_SnorksDisco.jpg
I bet they have one hell of a good party. :D

DREWY
28-08-06, 22:11
I used to be a league bowler, and would spend nearly double that price on good quality bowling balls. I would be tempted, but freight would be a killer to Oz from the US.

Neteru
28-08-06, 22:58
The Smurfs were cool, but they aint got **** on these guys. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuCq0aZiPT0

Dare I confess I used to watch that? ... As an adult. :whi: Um, I think I just did.

tr_mitch
28-08-06, 22:59
Dare I confess I used to watch that? ... As an adult. :whi: Um, I think I just did.

No shame in it.;)

DREWY
28-08-06, 23:14

Little by little, its all starting to make sense. :D

Hurrah4Lara
28-08-06, 23:17

But how humiliating for Lara - Their "Tinkerbell Viz-A-Ball":vlol: is $20 more expensive:D!

H4L:wve:

Lord Icon
28-08-06, 23:24

That makes two of us :D

Neteru
28-08-06, 23:46
Little by little, its all starting to make sense. :DLOL!

Well, I see I'm not alone in watching this.

T.Onix
29-08-06, 01:10
I have the TR coffe machine, the TR post-its, the TR toothbrush, the TR disposable camera, the TR sewing machine, the TR saddle, the TR 4-scents inscience pack, the TR alarm clock, the TR oil lamp, the TR stapler, the TR special-edition flavour soda, the TR baseball bat.....
*list continues*

A bowling ball is just too much

thepetemaster
29-08-06, 04:26
Well this fits with what Ian said about the Lara brand, maybe the surprise announcement for TR8 - will be golf clubs. :hea:

terminator
29-08-06, 19:34
awesome.
i want one.
everytime i see mom im gonna ask this "can i get the tomb raider bowling ball?" lol i do it too she goes insane lol:cln:

Scottlee
29-08-06, 19:52

Now I know what to get you for your birthday, ya big kid.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5619/bowliq4.jpg