PDA

View Full Version : Madonna Changes Russia Gig Date Due To Kidnap Fears *IS THE CROSS STUNT BAD?*

scion05
29-08-06, 09:42
Madonna switches Moscow concert to Olympic stadium
Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:57am ET

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Organizers on Monday switched the venue for Madonna's Moscow concert from a hilltop site overlooking the city to a Soviet-era stadium used in the 1980 Olympic Games because of crowd control fears.

Police said they feared up to 250,000 people may try to get into the concert -- Madonna's first in Russia -- which had space for only 35,000. They had wanted it switched to an airfield on the outskirts of Moscow.

After a weekend of talks with officials, organizers agreed to stage the show at the bigger Luzhniki stadium, built in the 1950s in parkland on the Moskva River. Spartak Moscow soccer club plays its home matches at the stadium.

"The concert is due to take place on September 12, at Luzhniki. If nothing extraordinary happens, I think everything will be okay," Vladimir Kiselyov, general director of the company organizing the concert, said on Russia's Channel One television station.

The concert had originally been set for September 11.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

The fuss is all because a gang of evil russian gangsters, have made threats to kidnap madonna and her two children lourdes and rocco :(
This is due to THIS... whats even weirder is it was planned for 9/11 :yik:

http://www.madonnalicious.com/images/2006ct/london_090806_petra1.jpg

NOTE THE CROWN OF THORNS..

watch me and decide if its wrong to do this ?! i say no ;) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF7ZPQyBZ_0)
UHQ LAST FEW VERSES (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sibpl6fJa7I)

I dont see Whats so Bad About it :(

Twiin
29-08-06, 10:00
Well, there are orthodox Russian Christians who would be very offended by an imitation, or even mockery as they may perceive it, of Christ.
Personally, I think Madonna is just doing it for the sake of controversy - it has no relevance to the song she's singing, and it doesn't make a statement other than "Look at me, I'm playing Jesus on a cross with thorns on my head!"

scion05
29-08-06, 10:09
it makes a statement about religious leaders, and the pope n all that crap...
i cant remember how though.... but it does.... lol i'll av to ask one of the fanatics... but i think it may be like aids in africa could be stopped if the pope, and the catholic church accepted condoms, and contraception, therefore all those children wouldnt be orphaned and alone

Rickéh
29-08-06, 10:09
Oh my god?
Its only a song, Jeez. :o

tha_mattster
29-08-06, 10:15
she is so desperate for attention it's pathetic. She did the whole 'offend christians' stunt in the 80's. We're bored! Go away and write your books :yah:

Twiin
29-08-06, 10:34
it makes a statement about religious leaders, and the pope n all that crap...
i cant remember how though.... but it does.... lol i'll av to ask one of the fanatics... but i think it may be like aids in africa could be stopped if the pope, and the catholic church accepted condoms, and contraception, therefore all those children wouldnt be orphaned and alone

And how does pretending to be Jesus work towards this goal? In no way at all. It'll only enrage people, not make them think.
I agree with tha_mattster - she did the whole religious controversy thing before with Like A Prayer, get a new act! What if she insulted her own religion, Kabbalah??!

scion05
29-08-06, 10:35
Why should she be bothered about her own Religion ?
I doubt she'd mind to be honest. But she isnt really pretending to
be jesus is she, shes doing it to raise awareness.

thepetemaster
29-08-06, 11:04
If everyone ignored her she would just go away. I don't mind her, but her attempts at causing controversy are getting pretty old hat. She should just spend more time with her kids, it's not like she needs the cash.

Bonez
29-08-06, 11:20
I don't think its 'raising awareness' either...

There are other ways to do that.

scion05
29-08-06, 11:32
If everyone ignored her she would just go away. I don't mind her, but her attempts at causing controversy are getting pretty old hat. She should just spend more time with her kids, it's not like she needs the cash.

she does spend time withem :) but, she has to keep her fans pleased too :) she isnt ready to do her final tour, or to release her last album,
as she has no intentions of retiring :)

Lenochka
29-08-06, 11:35
I'm not a fan... i respect her alot though... its just i think its getting old... all these " omg madonna is so shocking! " We now kinda expect it... so its not really that shocking...

scion05
29-08-06, 11:37
Shocking IS what she's known for apart, from her singles, and bad acting which isnt all that bad lol...

I think she needs a new stunt tho :p

Lenochka
29-08-06, 11:39
I think she should do something shocking... yet really stupid Like teaching a chicken to vogue or something :vlol: I would pay to go see that :D

Twiin
29-08-06, 11:40
I think she should retire... and soon! Or at least adapt - she's getting on, and no-one wants to see her aging flesh squeezed in a leotard.
And her acting was really bad, have you seen her cameo in James Bond?! lol

Lenochka
29-08-06, 11:41
I think she should retire... and soon! Or at least adapt - she's getting on, and no-one wants to see her aging flesh squeezed in a leotard.

:D :vlol: Don't forget... nobody wants to see her humping bench in hung up xD

scion05
29-08-06, 11:43
And her acting was really bad, have you seen her cameo in James Bond?! lol

but she has a massive fan base, her latest tour is set to break Grossing records, she wont retire, she'll be touring till she's 55...
but the leotard has to go *sick on floor*

Lenochka
29-08-06, 11:45
but she has a massive fan base, her latest tour is set to break Grossing records, she wont retire, she'll be touring till she's 55...
but the leotard has to go *sick on floor*

Isnt she like 97 already? :D:tea: ( at least i beleive thats the number i came up with XD i cant remember )

scion05
29-08-06, 14:09
do you realise how old the 97 joke is :p

seriously the woman was born on 16/8/1958 how old does that make her :rolleyes:

Bonez
29-08-06, 14:11
48?

Ampersand
29-08-06, 14:12
seriously the woman was born on 16/8/1958 how old does that make her :rolleyes:

Older than my dad.

scion05
29-08-06, 14:13
48?

:tmb:

Yes amp she's older than ur dad :p
but i bet she 100% Sexier :p if you deny it, you'll be getting funny
looks from now on lol!

Lenochka
29-08-06, 14:13
do you realise how old the 97 joke is :p

Well i can carry it on because i came up with back on her last B-day hehe:tea:

Ampersand
29-08-06, 14:14
:tmb:

Yes amp she's older than ur dad :p
but i bet she 100% Sexier :p if you deny it, you'll be getting funny
looks from now on lol!

:vlol:

VonCroy360
29-08-06, 14:17
Oh, come on, if someone is offended, he doesn't have to listen to her...

Anyway, good that someone is having a concert in the eastern europe countries too :tmb: :)

scion05
29-08-06, 14:17
Well i can carry it on because i came up with back on her last B-day hehe:tea:

I think its time to find a new one, or reprise those picks like

" mama used to tell me too stay away from the dinosaurs " ! :vlol:

Lenochka
29-08-06, 14:41
I think its time to find a new one, or reprise those picks like

" mama used to tell me too stay away from the dinosaurs " ! :vlol:
hehe they were good huh :p

scion05
29-08-06, 14:43
*tears flood face*

How Could You :(

:p

Lenochka
29-08-06, 14:45
*tears flood face*

How Could You :(

:p

You laughed at them when i showed you hehe

scion05
29-08-06, 14:50
yep :p

scion05
29-08-06, 15:00
/Madonna's Latest Stunt\

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8606/chocozc5.jpg

Lenochka
29-08-06, 15:01
:jmp: cheeeeeeeese! :jmp:

scion05
29-08-06, 15:39
Im screwing the wheel :vlol:

Angel666
31-08-06, 01:18
I personally believe that Madonna's an old, washed-up, attention whore and should just be forgotton.

madderakka
31-08-06, 02:10
i think it's in bad taste, but freedom of speech y'know. she's just doing it for attention and sadly it's working