PDA

View Full Version : New Age Of Conan microsite engages

tlr online
29-08-06, 21:29
AGE OF CONAN: HYBORIAN ADVENTURES
Copyright 2006 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ August 29th 2006 ]

Our Age Of Conan: Hyborian Adventures microsite is now online packed to the gills with polygon-dripping media including screenshots, conceptual artwork, postcards and a spanking new game trailer.

Funcom recently announced the signing of a co-publishing agreement with SCi/Eidos for Age of Conan, the highly anticipated Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMO). Under the terms of the agreement, SCi/Eidos is to publish the boxed product of Age of Conan while Funcom retains digital distribution rights.

The PC version of Age of Conan is currently in the Beta phase of development and Funcom and SCi/Eidos are pleased with the status of the game. Funcom and SCi/Eidos will also co-operate to bring the game to the console market.

AGE OF CONAN MICROSITE (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/ageofconan/index.html)

Titanium
29-08-06, 21:30
Oh so its going to be an MMO, I am not sure if will be able to stand up to Guild Wars and World Of Warcraft.

MiCkiZ88
29-08-06, 21:32
wow.. it looks awesome.. and kinda brutal :eek: Im already loving this game :D

tha_mattster
29-08-06, 21:33
tlr

when I click on this image

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/ageofconan_screenshots_01/smallscreen004.jpg

It pops up in a new window, but not the whole image, only from the human figure to the bear's arm. :(

Anyway I read about this game many months ago and it sounds quite good! I'll definately give the demo/free trial a go if one is released. :)

tlr online
29-08-06, 22:11
Hit refresh and try again. :)

thepetemaster
29-08-06, 22:17
Thats much better TLR :tmb:- I was having the same trouble.

Pipolinne
30-08-06, 08:11
Well, I wonder if playing a game who uses Conan name to define itself,but does not alow you to actually be Conan,will be that interesting for the Barbarian fans.

Conan is a milestone of a certain type of Fantasy and I think he deserved a bit more than just being used to attract people for another MMO, again passed in the Middle Age. As Titanium put it, I don't believe it will surpass WoW nor GW, a much more original game.

K.J
30-08-06, 12:32
This game is gonna be great:) FunCom is the developer, and FunCom never fail.

tampi
30-08-06, 13:24
mmm ...... How much I could write if I could about this.
I have, practically, all the collection of the wild sword of Conan.
There have been other games about Conan in the market, and in all it failed the mobility of the hero.
In the screen captures is seen very very good orientation/ambience. But I think that Conan seems a little skinny and small. Conan measured more enough than the average of the humans of the time and her stoutness made him emphasize between the others.
But best of Conan the Barbarian in the comics is that he was a gentleman with the women :)