PDA

View Full Version : Broken sword 4 demo out

lee32uk
29-08-06, 22:47
For anyone else who is a fan of the Broken sword series like me :D there is a demo out for the upcoming game Broken sword the angel of death.Looking forward to this one.

http://gamershell.com/download_15211.shtml

Melonie Tomb Raider
29-08-06, 22:50
Awesome, thanks. :D

DREWY
29-08-06, 22:55
Might move this to the video game forum....

lee32uk
29-08-06, 23:07
wondered where it had gone :D thx for letting me know :tmb:

Neteru
29-08-06, 23:14
Might move this to the video game forum....It's so funny when you say 'might' when you always actually do. :D

Thorir
29-08-06, 23:45
I feel betrayed. :( I have all the Broken Sword games on PS and PS2 and love them, but this is PC only. :(

Night Crawler
30-08-06, 09:40
I feel betrayed. :( I have all the Broken Sword games on PS and PS2 and love them, but this is PC only. :(Me too :(

Blackmoor
30-08-06, 11:28
I have all the Broken Sword games on PS and PS2 and love them, but this is PC only. :(Oh no! Really? :(

I hate having to play games on the PC and I was so looking forward to getting this.

Tomb Raider Master
30-08-06, 11:31
Cool! :tmb: I'll check it out. :wve:

Janny
30-08-06, 12:57
Thanks for the info, I had no idea the demo was out

Description: A mission to retrieve a manuscript hidden along with the salami at Mama Martino's Salami Factory

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/deetabbycat/indifferent00271.gif Is that supposed to be some kind of inside joke?

tha_mattster
30-08-06, 13:00
Thanks!! Love this series. Though I'm a tad disappointed this one is set in modern american streets I'm sure it will work :D

lee32uk
30-08-06, 17:35
Cant understand why people are unhappy with it being a pc only game.In my opinion point n click adventure games are much easier to play with a mouse.Ive got it on my shopping list anyway :p

Thorir
30-08-06, 18:43
Cant understand why people are unhappy with it being a pc only game.In my opinion point n click adventure games are much easier to play with a mouse.Ive got it on my shopping list anyway :p

My laptop canīt play new PC games.
Thatīs why Iīm not happy! :(

Blackmoor
30-08-06, 21:06
Cant understand why people are unhappy with it being a pc only game.In my opinion point n click adventure games are much easier to play with a mouse.Ive got it on my shopping list anyway :pLast one wasn't pure point and click, you moved the characters like in ordinary games.

tha_mattster
30-08-06, 21:08
I never bought the third game, I didn't like the change in the graphics and I heard the puzzles were mostly based on moving crates + the demo I tried was rubbish. It had silly rock climbing bit which was stupidly easy!

Anyway joseph fixed my demo so I'm gonna try that out now :jmp:

tha_mattster
30-08-06, 22:09
Right I'm a little stuck

SPOILERS!!

I have the apron, the salami, and I've climbed up the fork lift and spied on the gangster men. I've also touched some meat in a furnace type room and george said he is greased up enough. I found the ice but I'm not sure what to do with it right now. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also how annoying is it that there is no save feature in the demo! :mad:

Blackmoor
30-08-06, 22:28
I never bought the third game, I didn't like the change in the graphics and I heard the puzzles were mostly based on moving crates + the demo I tried was rubbish. It had silly rock climbing bit which was stupidly easy!I was concerned too but but I loved it still. If you get a chance to pick it up cheap I'd recommend giving it a go. :)

Is it not the same kind of thing in BS4? I have dial up... :rolleyes:

tha_mattster
30-08-06, 22:32
Well Broken Sword 4 is sort of point and click in that you can use a mouse only if you choose. But it's sort of hard moving about, not very well done.

I just miss the detail in the old hand drawn backgrounds, gave the game much more character :( The areas in the demo are so empty and dull. The characters look great but they should move more, theyre supposed to be italien americans but they dont talk with their hands :D

Nephili
31-08-06, 12:12
Well Broken Sword 4 is sort of point and click in that you can use a mouse only if you choose. But it's sort of hard moving about, not very well done.

I just miss the detail in the old hand drawn backgrounds, gave the game much more character :( The areas in the demo are so empty and dull. The characters look great but they should move more, theyre supposed to be italien americans but they dont talk with their hands :D

I agree, i miss the older games, Broken Sword 2 was my favourite.

tha_mattster
31-08-06, 12:16
non non I like 1 :jmp: , but 2 was also good.

Btw could you help me with the demo (I posted problem above) :D

I don't think I'll buy this new one, its just too bland. The old games felt like they were made by people who cared and loved the game but this new one feels souless :(

Gomes
01-09-06, 13:33
Hey, tha_mastter

The furnace has more help for you and you need to find another item. Think of the best way to force people out of a room.

Just a little nudge.

I loved the demo but I have to agree with the drawn background comment. The detail in this 3D version is quite good, but the realism conflicts with the type of humour of this game.

lee32uk
04-09-06, 00:36
Last one wasn't pure point and click, you moved the characters like in ordinary games.

i know.Thats why i bought that one for the ps2.Point n click still rules though.

ingistefans
04-09-06, 03:45
OMG I had been visiting the website for monts and there was never anything new so I just thought that they had cancelled the game but now Im so happy:D:D:D