PDA

View Full Version : Sigourney interested in Alien 5?

TombRaiderLover
30-08-06, 09:52
Sci-fi fans will be cheering - prolific Hollywood actress Sigourney Weaver hasn't ruled out making a fifth Alien flick.

The 56-year-old star, whose latest film Snow Cake is about to hit the big screen, has her pick of the Tinseltown scripts, but it's the sci-fi blockbuster Alien which catapulted her career into orbit.

"I credit Alien for opening doors for me and giving me weight in the industry," she says.

"And I'm not rigid. If they sent me a good script then I'd do another one.

The 1979 movie, in which she starred as feisty, alien slayer Lt Ellen Ripley, made her a household name and was so successful three more films followed.

The star has made her name playing strong, uncompromising characters and admits she's definitely a woman's woman.

"I just think women are strong. And they're smart," she says.

"I think they're able to deal with so many things because they have to protect the hearth and the kids. Women inspire me.

thepetemaster
30-08-06, 10:45
Awesome - Weren't they drifting back to Earth at the end of 4? I really hope that we get to go to the home planet - if not in the next one, then bring on Number 6!!!

Brilliant series, it's cool how she is hundreds of years old thanks to all the hyper-sleeps - cloning etc - :tmb:

da tomb raider!
30-08-06, 13:57
Another Alien film? Alright! As long as it's got that Alien in it, I'm more than happy! :D

BtoFu
30-08-06, 14:06
Don't see the point in another one unless Ridley or Cam took the reigns, 3 and 4 were far less worthy sequels and there's already an Alien vs. Predator 2 in the works even if the studio is blissfully ignorant of the fact that the first one stunk hardcore. I'd rather not see another one..just leave me alone with Alien and Aliens kthx lolz.

StarCroft:AOD
30-08-06, 14:23
It would be great!.:tmb:

Thorn
30-08-06, 14:28
Cool! :D Could you post the link to where you got this from?

TombRaiderLover
30-08-06, 14:29
Cool! :D Could you post the link to where you got this from?
http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/article.aspx?as=adarticle&f=pa_showbiz&t=3982&id=3518149&d=20060830&do=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk&i=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/mediaexportlive&ks=0&mc=5&ml=ma&lc=en&ae=windows-1252

Jamie18
30-08-06, 14:31
I would love this if it was a good script.

And I feel very strongly that they shouldn't make another one without Sigourney (I know there's already AVP, but who actually considers that part of the series?). She's almost 60 years old now, so if we're going to get one, it will have to be soon.

I'm actually one of the few people who likes Alien 3 - especially after watching the extended edition on the DVD. It was such an unusual sequel and a really brave direction to take the series in, IMHO.

I wasn't that big a fan of Resurrection - I mean, I did really like it, it was a good action movie - I just personally didn't like the idea of bringing Ripley back like that. Ideally she wouldn't have died in the 3rd one (though it was a pretty great ending to the nightmare she'd been living ever since they discovered the alien, and made a real hero out of her).

But given the fact that she had already died, the way they brought her back was quite clever, when there could have been a LOT of cheesy alternatives.

I guess I just don't like the new Ripley as much as the old one, even though she's an interesting character. I also didn't really like the cinematography and direction of the 4th movie - while the others were filmed in a really gritty and realistic way, this one looked more fantasy-like and surreal. It was also much more of a conventional sci-fi action movie than the previous ones, which all took risks in their own way, and it also seemed to me to be a bit of a rip-off of the 2nd one.

But in saying that, I would still consider 4 to be a part of the series, and completely have no interest in AVP or its upcoming sequel.

I don't want them to just pump out another movie for the sake of it and have some underpar action flick except with aliens. I think there is an opportunity for a really exciting and new sequel - there are a lot of possibilities for pushing the series further and taking risks again. Special effects now are a million times better than they were back in 1997 so there is a greater possibility of doing something really epic rather than the 'walking through corridors with the threat of aliens' thing. As long as it's not complete CG alien overload.

Most important for me is that there's some sort of final conclusion - 5 movies would be a neat way to wrap it up (in the same way I thought 3 was) - I don't want it to end with an alien actually being alive or something like that which would leave it open for a sequel. I also feel very strongly that they should stop at 5 and let the series exist as a complete entity rather than a cash cow ready to be milked every decade or so - the AVP series can be for that trashy concept of filmmaking. One of the reasons the Alien series stands out for me is that every sequel is unique and took a risk - number 4, as I've said, was the most commercial of them all and I don't want to go further down that direction of average sequel after average sequel for the sake of it. I've just heard that they plan to make Spiderman movies for maybe the next 20 years, and that really disappoints me - I think that a series should know when to end and honestly I'm really tired of Hollywood and this way of filmmaking - I realise it's the movie business but to me it seems now that it's just a business and they happen to release movies.

In summary, don't make a sequel just for the sake of making a sequel - come up with a great idea first, and I won't accept anything less than great for this one - it's got a lot to live up to.

da tomb raider!
30-08-06, 14:44
I like ALL the Alien films. A lot, too! I even liked AVP.

TombRaiderLover
30-08-06, 14:46
I absolutely agree about Resurrection being too surreal.

CuteKittenlol
30-08-06, 14:54
oooooooooo that would be so cool if she did Alien 5 :D

thepetemaster
30-08-06, 15:05
There has been talk of Cameron and Ridley Scott teaming up to make 5! If that doesn't get the fanboy in you jumping for joy, check your pulse.

BtoFu
30-08-06, 15:21
There has been talk of Cameron and Ridley Scott teaming up to make 5! If that doesn't get the fanboy in you jumping for joy, check your pulse.

Dude I just **** myself at the thought of that. :vlol:

Neteru
30-08-06, 18:48
The idea doesn't fill me with glee, simply because the last one was diabolical.

Ward Dragon
30-08-06, 18:53
Aliens (the second one) is my favorite, followed by Resurrection and then the first (I didn't like the third because a few characters that I liked started off dead). I like AVP too. I thought it was decent and I don't see why so many people hated it. A fifth Alien movie might be cool if it was done right, but I don't see where they could go at the moment.

interstellardave
30-08-06, 18:59
She may be interested in Alien 5, but I'm just... bleh. Alien is classic sci-fi horror. Aliens is classic sci-fi action. After that they've just been milking the cow until the teats are sore and the udders are dried out... :cln:

Dingaling
30-08-06, 19:08
Sigourney has always been interested in an Alien 5. It'd be nice to have a new one, I enjoyed the previous films :)

Tombreaper
30-08-06, 20:52
Great, I can't wait :cln:
Resurrection diabolical? Mja, :whi:

DREWY
30-08-06, 23:21
The idea doesn't fill me with glee, simply because the last one was diabolical.

Wouldn't say diabolical, just not as good. Plus the fact it would ruin my 9 disc box set :hea: Why don't they wait for the final film before releasing these? (I'm sure the box will tear when I jam the 10th disc in :D )

Neteru
30-08-06, 23:24
LOL

I think the end made it diabolical.

Blackmoor
30-08-06, 23:34
I'm actually one of the few people who likes Alien 3 - especially after watching the extended edition on the DVD. It was such an unusual sequel and a really brave direction to take the series in, IMHO.Although nothing compares to Alien and Aliens, I think Alien 3 is good too and like you say a really brave direction. It definitely wasn't just a "lets churn this out" kind of sequel. Very interesting circumstances, clever cast and nice direction. But... it lacks something unfortunately...

I wasn't that big a fan of Resurrection - I mean, I did really like it, it was a good action movie - I just personally didn't like the idea of bringing Ripley back like that. Ideally she wouldn't have died in the 3rd one (though it was a pretty great ending to the nightmare she'd been living ever since they discovered the alien, and made a real hero out of her).

But given the fact that she had already died, the way they brought her back was quite clever, when there could have been a LOT of cheesy alternatives.

I guess I just don't like the new Ripley as much as the old one, even though she's an interesting character. I also didn't really like the cinematography and direction of the 4th movie - while the others were filmed in a really gritty and realistic way, this one looked more fantasy-like and surreal. It was also much more of a conventional sci-fi action movie than the previous ones, which all took risks in their own way, and it also seemed to me to be a bit of a rip-off of the 2nd one.I'm not a big fan of Aliens 4 at all. I liked the idea of the scientists arrogantly studying the Aliens... but it wasn't taken up in a way I could relate too.

I thought the new Ripley character was OK but that's all. I thought the way she was brought back was dumb and the final Alien being with the little snout thing was too ridiculous for me. In fact I thought most of Alien 4 was dumb unfortunately.

I'd probably watch Alien 5 just to see... but really, I have no idea how they can make this something interesting anymore... It's like watching Halloween 13 or something... The Aliens aren't scary now for me. And the idea of clone/half-alien Ripley makes it more difficult for me to get into it too.

AngelinaCroft
31-08-06, 13:11
Oh! Yes! It's no Alien-film without Ripley!

Make it like the second one. The best film ever made!

Jamie18
31-08-06, 13:57
the final Alien being with the little snout thing was too ridiculous for me.

:vlol:

When I saw that, I just sat back and went 'W.....T.....F?'

TombRaiderLover
31-08-06, 14:00
Wow, my thread has gone from really quiet to fairly popular.