PDA

View Full Version : Stop animals' torment!!!!!!!!!!

angelika
30-08-06, 12:55
When was the last time you bought something made of leather or fur?
What was it? Bag? Shoes? Jacket?

Did you finally buy that leather jacket you that you've been watching for two months in that store for 2 months?

This jacket didn't pop from the ground. It once was a living animal!
Unfortunately while making this bag/jacket the animal was still alive suffering without his fur.

What did you say? What am I talking about? These things don't happen?

I'm sure you heard about human rights. But have you heard about animal rights?

Yes, animals do have rights! They may not have the right to vote in elections but they have at least the right to die with dignity.

This is not some chain letter, but if once in your life you have spent time to read and forward some joke or stupid lucky angels, then spend two minutes to see what your jacket was before it became a jacket.

Think twice next time you want to buy sth made of leather or fur - just because artificial leather looks cheap and trčs banal-.

If what you see shocks you or makes you sick, imagine how the protagonists of this film feel.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
http://www.furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

WARNING: THIS VIDEO IS VERY BRUTAL AND GHASTLY BUT REAL

Link to video removed.

edit: the video didn't upload but you can still download it from the site above

Rickéh
30-08-06, 12:56
I know about it, i dont wear clothes from animals thats so sick.
Like:

Jennifer Lopez? Yugh!

Lenochka
30-08-06, 12:58
Leave miss Lo alone xD

MiCkiZ88
30-08-06, 13:01
okay now that made me feel sick.. :(
I know about this and Im an animal lover myself. That's why I only buy clothes that dont have fur or leather in them. Maybe synthetic fur that are in jacket hoods but not real..

Lara Croft!
30-08-06, 13:02
Wow!A real eye-opener!

angelika
30-08-06, 13:06
Can you imagine what kind of man would skin an animal alive in order to keep the fur intact? :yik:

The animal continues to live for a while after it is entirly skined before their body gives up from extreme pain:(

Rickéh
30-08-06, 13:07
Leave miss Lo alone xD

Lol XD

Janny
30-08-06, 13:09
Because a fur's origin can't be traced, anyone who wears any fur at all shares the blame for the horrific conditions on Chinese fur farms. The only way to prevent such unimaginable cruelty is never to wear any fur
I think that's a great idea. If we all stop wearing fur then the shops will have no more reason to opirate, so all the maddness would stop. A pitty celebrities don't of anything but themselves :rolleyes:

I've seen so many videos where animals are treated like garbage... The animals are not criminals, I see no reason for them to be tortured this way. I don't know what those ppl that skin them think.... I have two cats so it's hard for me to imagine any of them tortured in that fashion. People are capable of such awful things.

A shame this can never stop, unless the president can totaly ban the usage of fur.

angelika
30-08-06, 13:20
I swear the God I could kill them with my hands!

tr_mitch
30-08-06, 13:22
okay now that made me feel sick.. :(
I know about this and Im an animal lover myself. That's why I only buy clothes that dont have fur or leather in them. Maybe synthetic fur that are in jacket hoods but not real..

You my friend, talk a load of crap...Let me remind you of a post you wrote a couple of months ago.

I admit... I bought a coat with reall fur in it.. didnt make me feel that guilty at all.. ofcourse I thought about it.. and if it was artificial, I still would have bought the same jacket.

but.. Im kinda against it aswell..
Source Here :)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1119720&postcount=64

interstellardave
30-08-06, 13:23
It makes me sick to even hear about it, no-way am I watching that video! I don't think I own anything at all that is leather and I know I don't have any fur items, so I'm not contributing to that horror.

WOW, TR_Mitch... that is heavy duty ownage! (I never use dumb words like that but I couldn't think of a quicker way to express the sentiment!)

Rivendell
30-08-06, 13:28
In media studies I had to study adverts. One such advert I feel is fitting here:

http://www.furisdead.com/page/ad-sophie.jpg

angelika
30-08-06, 13:29
Like:Jennifer Lopez? Yugh!

Leave miss Lo alone xD

That is not the issue my dears....

TombRaiderLover
30-08-06, 13:33
In media studies I had to study adverts. One such advert I feel is fitting here:

http://www.furisdead.com/page/ad-sophie.jpg
Ewww! That's horrible.

angelika
30-08-06, 13:36
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1948/image001xm8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kamrusepas
30-08-06, 13:45
I would never wear fur anyways.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1948/image001xm8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:tmb:

MiCkiZ88
30-08-06, 13:45
You my friend, talk a load of crap...Let me remind you of a post you wrote a couple of months ago.

Source Here :)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1119720&postcount=64
There was an argument back then.. and Im not gonna argue about it anymore.. but let me say just one more thing.. THINGS CHANGE MITCH!!

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-08-06, 13:49
I absolutely adore animals, but still, I think some people take it to the extreme.

I eat meat, own a leather jacket, etc...

Lenochka
30-08-06, 13:51
Indeed... I eat meat also... alot of these save the animals peeps eat meat also... thats why i laugh at alot of these so called " Anti-Fur celebs" i see them talking about how its wrong to kill animals for Fur and then 5 days later there is a pic of them eating a cheesburger

Pipolinne
30-08-06, 13:54
That video is disgusting...I wonder how some people sleep at night!

But I'm not radical: if I eat cow's meat,and if the cow is going be dead anyway, I see no motives to avoid buying a bag or a jacket made with cow skin.

But that's my limit!

Lara's Boy
30-08-06, 13:54
I absolutely adore animals, but still, I think some people take it to the extreme.

I eat meat, own a leather jacket, etc...

I agree.

I hate treatment animals receive, but I only buy leather shoes, it's just the way I am. I have had a couple of leather jackets, and I eat meat as well. However, that doesn't mean there aren't more humane ways to harvest the leather, but I am not too extreme about animal rights, either. :wve:

*prepares for waves of PETA vegitarian protests* :p

interstellardave
30-08-06, 13:55
Indeed... I eat meat also... alot of these save the animals peeps eat meat also... thats why i laugh at alot of these so called " Anti-Fur celebs" i see them talking about how its wrong to kill animals for Fur and then 5 days later there is a pic of them eating a cheesburger

There's a fundemental difference between killing for food and killing for luxury. Humans are naturally omnivorous; eating meat is a natural part of our diets, although some forgo it. Wearing real fur is totally unnecessary in this modern day... it is a luxury item pure and simple. And the brutality shown to the animals in ALL instances is just unbelievable. Animals killed for food should be put down humanely as well, but skinning an animal alive! NO WAY. :mad:

Reggie
30-08-06, 14:03
Yeah, there's three levels of tolerance towards fur that I see: the 1st level is complete intolerance towards skinning animals alive, wearing fur and despising those who uphold the fur industry by buying something from them. The 2nd group are more passive about actually wearing fur and may even compliment someone on the leather jacket someone is wearing. The 3rd group are people who simply don't have a say in the matter. Fur is a matter of survival for some people in the world.

I personally am against the methods in which animals are killed and the environment they live in before being killed. I've seen the videos which expose this but if someone wants to be passive about the subject and buy themselves a fur coat then I won't force my beliefs on them and if people need to wear fur for survival that's not something I'm going to rant and rave about either. It's the treatment of animals before and during them being killed that disturbs me.

Fur ain't for me and if the world changed for the better then it wouldn't be for anyone.

Greenkey2
30-08-06, 14:17
I think a similar video to the second one posted popped up several months ago and was removed by a moderator.

I don't disapprove of leather from domesticated sources - i.e. cowhide (we eat the beef too). But leather or fur obtained from sources bred/captured/killed/trapped only for the fur is wrong.

It's a repeat of what white settlers did to the American bison; killing purely for the sake of it. The native people had also killed bison, but used every single piece of the animal for a variety of purposes. Decimating a species' population simply to add that choice scrap of fluff to the catwalk is never justified in any way.

And I am totally against the cruel, inhuman and obscene methods that some people go to to obtain that fur.

da tomb raider!
30-08-06, 14:19
Poor little animals... but seriously, don't take me for a bad person, as I'd love to help, but me just forwarding one or two, maybe even five e-mails ain't gonna change much. I'm sorry, but it's not gonna happen. :(

Natla'd
30-08-06, 14:35
But I'm not radical: if I eat cow's meat,and if the cow is going be dead anyway, I see no motives to avoid buying a bag or a jacket made with cow skin.

But that's my limit!

That's my sentiments exactly. I don't think it's at all right to kill an animal just for it's fur (especially in places where many other materials are available), but if the animal is killed for it's meat, it seems almost wrong to waste it's skin.

azumi_mm
30-08-06, 14:48
NO WAY! that I watch this video. I already saw such a video... and I can't bear it.

The problem is that too many humans want to eat meat not once a week nooo they want it every ****ing day. Therefore they get unhealthy sick quantity instead of quality.

I'm a vegetarian, I won't eat what I haven't killed by myself. I respect animals, cos I can imagine how they feel and suffer. Many people are incapable of imagine or simply intolerant, arrogant, selfish.

Mad Tony
30-08-06, 14:56
I do agree, that killing animals in an un-humane way is wrong.
But killing them in a humane way I think is ok.
As Natla'd said, why waste it's fur.

Some vegetarians and vegans aren't very open minded and are missing out on important stuff like Omega 3.
Yes, you can take vitamin supplements, but I don't think it's as good as the real thing.

Some animal rights protestors end up harming humans because of the production of meant and other products.

angelika
30-08-06, 16:11
Eating animals is one thing. Skining them and dumping them alive is another.

I would have made such a thread if an animal was killed instantly, and after that consume the skin and the meat. At a certain limit of course.

My protest is against this inhuman torture!

Against all these people who:

-hung cats from their tails for fun
-cick dogs on the streets for no reason
-train dogs to fight each other for betting
-blind animals in labs just to test a new mascara
-skin animals alive for the fur
-kill elephants for tusks (as if there's no other matterial to make jewl)
-kill whales for oil (as if there's no other oil in the world)
-kill seals for overpopulation (no comment on that)
-kill tigers to make a cool carpet

To cut a long story short the extreme and senseless deeds.

VonCroy360
30-08-06, 16:54
It's different: the fur is taken right from the animal, it's killed because of it, and it's often endangered species; animal, however, don't get killed because of leather, they got killed because of meat, and then the clothes makers just take the leather that's left. If you judge the people who wear leather, you should also judge the people who eat meat.

btw, Simple Plan joined the anti-fur campaign :jmp: :

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2811/petaadgc2.jpg

angelika
30-08-06, 17:04
http://www.peta.org/feat-china1.asp

As Chinese families watched, strays and their own dogs, including many who had been vaccinated against the disease, were dragged from houses or seized during walks and then beaten to death or thrown—struggling for their lives—into trucks before being electrocuted

it's not what you do most of the time-it's how you do it
Imagine what would happen if dog wasn't man's best friend....

interstellardave
30-08-06, 17:09
Quote:
As Chinese families watched, strays and their own dogs, including many who had been vaccinated against the disease, were dragged from houses or seized during walks and then beaten to death or thrown—struggling for their lives—into trucks before being electrocuted

Imagine what would happen if dog wasn't man's best friend....

I will NEVER understand what can make people beat an animal to death or treat them in any kind of brutal way as described above. You have to be devoid of compassion to do so... you have to be, plain and simple, evil incarnate. I cannot imagine such a scene taking place in my community--I pray that it NEVER does.

tr_mitch
30-08-06, 17:12
Hmmmm seeing some of these images ect even though their of dogs/cats are making me wonder whether i should become a vegetarian.
I've always been against animal cruelty.

tombraider123
30-08-06, 17:14
Why do Chinese people kill dogs for no reason? Why do they do it...

Im going to do my best to become a vegitarian :)

interstellardave
30-08-06, 17:17
Man this has me upset right now... :mad:

Ampersand
30-08-06, 17:43
There's a fundemental difference between killing for food and killing for luxury. Humans are naturally omnivorous; eating meat is a natural part of our diets, although some forgo it. Wearing real fur is totally unnecessary in this modern day... it is a luxury item pure and simple. And the brutality shown to the animals in ALL instances is just unbelievable. Animals killed for food should be put down humanely as well, but skinning an animal alive! NO WAY. :mad:

Agreed.

I don't think I can pluck up the courage to watch the Chinese Fur Farming video. Seeing it once was bad enough.

Neteru
30-08-06, 19:11
As some members know, the video posted is not appropriate for this forum and has been removed on every instance that it has been found here.

Members, by all means campaign against animal cruelty if you wish, but please do not at any time post a link to that or similar videos on this forum. Thank you.

SpongeBob Lover
31-08-06, 03:19
i agree with you 100% Angelika

*sigh* people are sick in the head these days :( i remember seeing animals skined alive :( i never wear fur and dont eat meat.

Satu
31-08-06, 03:48
The animal continues to live for a while after it is entirly skined before their body gives up from extreme pain:(

This comment made me cry.

I do not have the stomach to view anything on animal cruelty, this is so horrible. I just cannot undertsand why they have to torture those defenceless animals.

Angelx14
31-08-06, 04:48
I agree with you Angelika..
That is so mean. Hurt little, innocent animal. I hate those ppl who do like that..:(
I watched the video, and it almost made me cry..That is so sad..
And I never wear fur