PDA

View Full Version : Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

TombRaiderLover
30-08-06, 13:44
Anybody else played this game?

TR freak
30-08-06, 14:32
I've played both oddysee and abes exodus but I've lost oddysee now but I still have exodus. I think exodus is better. Abe rules! Have you ever tried going through the entire games killing as many mudokons as possible? I tried it once with exodus but then stopped playing it just over half way through the game. Its actually harder killing as many as possible than it is saving them. Rescuing them all is pretty easy. At least for exodus it is.

Tombreaper
30-08-06, 14:33

Yeah, it's one of my fav. games all time :) , beautiful graphics and very clever gameplay (also a bit hard at the end):cln:
Exxodus was also beautiful, shame the 3rd game game was so poor (Munch, xbox)

Assassino
30-08-06, 14:37
I played Abes odeyssey [sp?] and got stuck where you throw grenades...I loved brainwashing the funny guard thingies and making them say wacky stuff and making them laugh:D:D:D

TR FAN 18
30-08-06, 14:42
Oh yes! I played this last week. It :cen: RULES! Now I want to get Abe's Exodus but can't find it anywhere. Did anyone rescue all 99 Mudokons? I got 82.

BtoFu
30-08-06, 14:42
One of the first games I played on the playstation and one of my favourites to this day along with Abe's Exodus. I got the limited edition 'The Art of Oddworld Inhabitants' 10th anniversary book a couple of years ago, filled to the brim with some fantastic work and it's generally more interesting to look at than most videogame concept work.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/akaneiyo/0itsface.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/akaneiyo/0bigfaceheal.png

A couple of my favourite shots from Odyssey.

'So I fell...and smahed my head. Then some Big Face appeared...and said I was dead.'

TR FAN 18
30-08-06, 14:45
Does anyone know what happens when you get all 99 Mudokons?

TR freak
30-08-06, 14:50
I cant remember about abes oddysee but in exodus you get to see some purdy pics from munch's oddysee.

BtoFu
30-08-06, 15:01

You get to watch all the cutscenes and the teaser trailer for Exodus. Not really worth it but it's a good challenge at least. :p

moodydog
30-08-06, 15:38
i really enjoyed oddworld strangers wrath, but i didnt think it had ANYTHING to do with oddworld

Tomb Raider Master
30-08-06, 15:42
Yes I have when I was younger, and I love it. :D :tmb:

Andromeda66
30-08-06, 16:48
"Hello"
"hello"
"follow me"
"Okay"

:D

Its been forever since I played. Think I'll change my signature to "Don't play with your food...unless it plays with you first" :p

tr_mitch
30-08-06, 16:55
LMAO.... i remember this game, The 2d Version... Ha all the other aliens used to be after him, and he had psycic powers.

Andromeda66
30-08-06, 17:03
LMAO.... i remember this game, The 2d Version... Ha all the other aliens used to be after him, and he had psycic powers.

God yah. I used to love to possess those hideous alien-thingies. :D Walk around like I'm Boss :ohn:

Lara Croft!
30-08-06, 17:10
I had played the first game,many years ago....Abe was so cute!!!!!

*imitates voice*
Follow me.....
Ok!!!

Apofiss
30-08-06, 17:17

Yessss ^^ ..this was a one hel good game, nice atmosphere and everything! Umm.. wasn't it like 7 years ago!? O.o

TR FAN 18
30-08-06, 17:28
Those alien things are called Sligs. I love posessing them and making them talk to each other.

EDIT: I have put a quote from AO in my sig.

disneyprincess20
30-08-06, 17:32
I loved playing Abe's Oddysee (almost as much as TR!) but my sister stole it and my PS1! I never quite completed it, but wasn't there two endings or something?
I'll always remember thinking that the graphics were really great at the time, but I bet now they look terrible.

Personally, I enjoyed possessing the Sligs and throwing them off cliffs and generally killing them in amusing ways!

Andromeda66
30-08-06, 17:33
Those alien things are called Sligs. I love posessing them and making them talk to each other.

EDIT: I have put a quote from AO in my sig.

Thats right. Sligs. Yeah I love possessing them too :D I've always wondered what one slig says to another :D

"Wake up" ??

"Bargghh" ??

Neteru
30-08-06, 18:38
I was thinking to myself when I was in town today 'I think I'm going to play Abe's Exodus when I get home, haven't played it in a while.' :D I LOVE these games.

Hello
Hello
Follow Me
OK

:jmp:

BtoFu
30-08-06, 19:14
I loved playing Abe's Oddysee (almost as much as TR!) but my sister stole it and my PS1! I never quite completed it, but wasn't there two endings or something?

Yeah there was. If you saved less than 50 Mudokons you were dropped into the meat grinder at the end as opposed to the General Glukkon being ground up

Morphing into Shrykull was awesome

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/4544/oddworld/shrykull.jpg

Night_Heaven
30-08-06, 19:18
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee was an excelent game.I love every second of it.
Abe's Exoddus was better however but not with much. ABE RULZZZZZZ oh...and the farts of course:tea:

Satu
31-08-06, 05:54
Hello
Hello
Follow Me
OK

ok
fart
ok
fart
hehehe

tr_mitch
31-08-06, 07:51
http://www.oddworld.com/games/abesodd/images/AO_logo.jpg

Slight resemblance to Rikku.

http://www.phantomcastle.it/phantom/varie_file/ffantasy_file/FinalFantasyX-2/FF10%20rikku%20saluta.jpg
:p

TR FAN 18
31-08-06, 11:06
I want to get Abe's Exodus but can't find it. The only place I can find it is on Amazon. PC version is 93p or PS1 version for 3.50. Now should I buy the PC or PS1 version?

Night_Heaven
31-08-06, 11:15
Pc is much better>i have played both but on Pc seems more acuarate;)

TR freak
31-08-06, 11:59
I've played two PC demos and the two full PS games. I found they were identical except PS controls were easier for me. I'd get PS.

Neteru
31-08-06, 14:58
ok
fart
ok
fart
hehehe
:jmp::D Don't you just love their giggling? :jmp:

TR FAN 18
31-08-06, 16:13
I also love doing this:

"Hello"
"Hello"
"Wait"
"OK"
"Wait"
*angry noise*

TR freak
31-08-06, 16:19
I love making them commit suicide. Slap one of them to make them all slap each other. When one or more die the ones left alive keep smacking their own heads until they die. Its so funny doing this. I dont know if this is also in oddysee but its definitely in exodus. Like it says on the box, mudokons can even get suicidally depressed. I guess this is one of the things I should put in the evil things done in a game thread.

Neteru
31-08-06, 17:10
I also love doing this:

"Hello"
"Hello"
"Wait"
"OK"
"Wait"
*angry noise*Hahaha! Yeah, that is fun too. :D

Apofiss
31-08-06, 22:51
Nice oddworld (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7YYn33H1R8&mode=related&search=) video.. awww.. ol'good times ^^

Neteru
31-08-06, 22:59
Ooh no, I couldn't watch that. The 'music' just spoilt it for me.

abraham
01-09-06, 06:08
omg so much memorys

i was so angry when abes munchies came out on xbox,i didn get a xbox or the game,i really want to play it although i just watched the into in you tube and i really want the game,wishing a xbox emulator for pc. Then i buy the game.

TR FAN 18
01-09-06, 14:00
Hmmm... I can either get AE used for 75p used or 93p new on PC. Or I could get the PS1 version for 4.04. WHY does the PS1 version cost more?

Apofiss
01-09-06, 14:12
Hmmm... I can either get AE used for 75p used or 93p new on PC. Or I could get the PS1 version for £4.04. WHY does the PS1 version cost more?

Isn't that a normal thing in UK? XD ..in one shop there is Kill Bill v.1 dvd for £19.99 and right in the next one you can have it for £6.99.. (both new/sealed)

Ooh no, I couldn't watch that. The 'music' just spoilt it for me.

Um.. yeas music doesn't go well with oddworld feel, that is right after turning sound on lol XD

Paperdoll
01-09-06, 16:55
Ooooh thanks fore reminding me of this :D *runs off to replay Abe's Oddysee* I never finished it and I haven't played it in ages.

rmpwnz
01-09-06, 17:02
This game is the best. Seriously. Played it for as long as I can remember - I must of completed it like 50 times. :D

TR freak
01-09-06, 17:04
Once I get bored with gta vice city I'm replaying abes exodus again. I've just completed vice city again and I've currently got 46% having just completed the main game again. Once I get bored with GTA VC I'll replay abes exodus and attempt to kill as many mudokons as possible. Its easy saving them all but the real challenge is killing as many as possible. Its not possible to kill them all but its possible to kill alot of them. I read in the instruction book it said something like "We haven't included anything extra for completing the game killing as many mudokons as possible, what kid of sick ppl do you think we are". That gives me the impression that there might be something. I dont know of anybody thats tried it so there might be. I'll just have to try it and see. Why else would it say that in the instruction book if not to give you that hint?

TombRaiderLover
01-09-06, 18:07
Once I get bored with gta vice city I'm replaying abes exodus again. I've just completed vice city again and I've currently got 46% having just completed the main game again. Once I get bored with GTA VC I'll replay abes exodus and attempt to kill as many mudokons as possible. Its easy saving them all but the real challenge is killing as many as possible. Its not possible to kill them all but its possible to kill alot of them. I read in the instruction book it said something like "We haven't included anything extra for completing the game killing as many mudokons as possible, what kid of sick ppl do you think we are". That gives me the impression that there might be something. I dont know of anybody thats tried it so there might be. I'll just have to try it and see. Why else would it say that in the instruction book if not to give you that hint?
But it's impossible to get bored with Vice City. :whi: It's my favourite and most addictive game.

Janny
01-09-06, 18:46
Those little guys were so cute! I remember slapping the guys and then hugging them to make them feel better, aww good times :D

TR freak
01-09-06, 19:47
But it's impossible to get bored with Vice City. :whi: It's my favourite and most addictive game.
True. Its even more impossible to get bored of san andreas tho. I will stop playing vice city in about a week probably. I've got 16 packages and done 10 rampages so far. I've got loads to do still. Its still only 46%. I've got to do 100 taxi fairs, do vigilante missions, fire truck missions, ambulance missions, pizza missions, find the secret helicopters and do them, I still have all 15 stores to knock off, I have bike things to do, hidden packages, rampages, unique jumps to find. God this is a huge game. I'm not going to bother getting 100%. In about a week I'll see where my percentage is and stop playing it and start abe.

Wolfguard
02-09-06, 19:14
http://www.oddworld.com/ow_universe.shtml

TR freak
03-09-06, 12:04
Well I'm bored with VC already. Its not like SA where there's loads of obvious fun things to do to get you're percentage up. At the moment I find myself exploring the city finding nothing most of the time and occasionally finding a rampage or a package. With SA it was waaaaaaay more fun do do things to get you're percentage up. I guess I'll start abes exodus soon.

TR freak
03-09-06, 13:27
I've started exodus and I'm trying to kill as many mudokons as possible. So far I've rescued 6 mudokons that you have to rescue, you dont get an option not to, and I've killed 34 mudokons. This game rules!

SonicMadHead
06-09-06, 18:51
Instead of killin every single 1 try rescuein all 300! There's a challenge for ya! :jmp: I did it... all you get is a few screenshots!

TR freak
06-09-06, 18:56
Instead of killin every single 1 try rescuein all 300! There's a challenge for ya! :jmp: I did it... all you get is a few screenshots!
I know. I've done it before. Thats why I was attempting to kill as many as possible. Rescuing them all is pretty easy imo.

SonicMadHead
08-09-06, 12:42
Enjoy it!:jmp:

RAID
08-09-06, 15:26
You'll get to see all FMVs. kinda like story so far of TR2/3 (PS1) or Luca sphere theater in FFX.

Jebus
20-09-06, 08:37
Loved the first 2 on playstation! they were amazing!!! them Glukens with no arms! i think its so clever and funny! a bit grown up and stuff, well not really a game little kids can play, because it can get tough!