PDA

View Full Version : Rate the last flick

BtoFu
30-08-06, 15:11
Give the last film you watched a ranking out of 5. Nice n' easy. :D

Betty Blue (372 Le Matin) - 4/5

I suppose the main conceit for the film is that the director's cut has a three hour running time as opposed to the 2 hour international cut. It doesn't necessarily become testing or monotonous but there are points in the film where you're left wondering just why Beineix decided to cut certain scenes back into the piece, especially the scenes which are simply used as a vehicle for a long winded gag that probably ends up being a little less amusing because the setup takes so long. Beyond a few choice editing pulls this is a saucy flick with plenty of laughs, quips and err...nudity. :D

Mad Tony
30-08-06, 15:13
Around The World In 80 Days (Original) 2/5.

It was ok. But not great.

Natla'd
30-08-06, 15:15
Battle Royale - 4/5.

Spitfire
30-08-06, 15:41
Silent Hill (5/5)
Sick, demented, and ultimately satisfying. I'm a horror guy and this totally filled me up with tears of frightening pleasure. The story was so indepth that it was hard to think of it as a game-adaptation. I loved the cinematography, the angle were straight from the game and gave such a nostalgic value.
Gore, not much at the beginning, infact not much blood at all. Then came the ending, holy **** that was some nasty stuff.
The music was so perfect, it was divine in its own sick way.
Silent Hill was all i could hoped it would be and better. I simply love this movie.

Lara's Boy
30-08-06, 15:43
Pulse - 3/5

Not scary at all, but it was an interesting movie.

thepetemaster
30-08-06, 16:13
Slither 4/5

Great B-movie horror/comedy. The effects are very well done and the story is kind of like a cross between the Blob/Zombies/the Thing. The whole movie is very funny, if you like The Blob, or Tremors or Lake Placid, then you will love this movie. The one-liners are very good.

:tmb::tmb:

Andromeda66
30-08-06, 16:26
Gosh what a task for my memory *jog jog jog*

Chicken little - erm and I cant rate it cuz I was sleeping through it. probably 2/5:whi:

angelika
30-08-06, 16:28
Pirates of the Carribean II -5/5 (the - thing=minus)

VonCroy360
30-08-06, 16:37
The Machinist - 5/5
A psyhological thriller. The only word that can really describe it is - brilliant.
:D

Lemmie
30-08-06, 16:47
Stormbreaker. 4/5

Loved the little gay love scene at the end :D.

tombraider123
30-08-06, 16:53
Lady in the Water

4/5

It's good, but a little taki :)

Jonnipants
30-08-06, 16:56
My Super Ex Girlfriend 4/5

Very funny! :D And Uma Thurman was great. :tmb:

Lenochka
30-08-06, 17:18
Mean Girls - 5/5

After seeing the thread i wanted to go watch it again :jmp: Very good movie :tmb:

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-08-06, 17:23
Rocket Man 4/5

Hilarious :D

Rivendell
30-08-06, 17:40
King Kong 06

4/5

Excellent film, stays true to the original and adds more depth, excitement and sorrow to the tale. Slow start for the first 3/4 of an hour, hence 4/5.

:)

saray
30-08-06, 17:46
just like heaven.- re- watched it last week and it's such an amazing plot. it's probably one of my favourites, and it made me almost cry!

5/5

TombRaiderLover
30-08-06, 17:46
Rivendell - You've made me depressed. The original was better! :(

Meet the Parents: 3/5

The performances are surprisingly good, and it successfully avoids the typical, predictable comedy cliches that haunt modern films today. Gone are endless toilet jokes, and are replaced by amusing, cleverly thought-out gags. A fun film.

Andromeda - Shame on you.

Ampersand
30-08-06, 17:48
Stormbreaker - 4.5/5

Can't wait for the next one. :D

Rivendell
30-08-06, 18:43
Rivendell - You've made me depressed. The original was better! :(

The original was just too.. I don't know, "Aghh.."

Same story, but really shallow. I felt nothing for Kong in the original, nor for Ann- she screamed none-stop from the moment she saw kong, and all he did was grunt emotionlessly.
Jackson added so much to them, and a lot of feeling to the film. It made it a much better experience! I didn't feel myself wanting to shout "STOP SCREAMING YOU SILLY BINT!" every time Ann was on screen.

ILG49ers
30-08-06, 20:15
Invincible - 3/5

It's a pretty good movie. The football scenes were really intense!

Greenkey2
30-08-06, 20:30
V For Vendtta 5/5

A quite beautiful film; strong and poinant and powerful ;tmb:

BtoFu
30-08-06, 20:35
Me and You and Everyone We Know - 2/5

A few nice quips but ultimately it was a pretty unsatisfying trip what with the need to slice up the sub-plots into tiny little pieces. Had it been put together in a serial style rather than slap dash collage, I might have cared more about the slew of weirdo's in the movie.

Paperdoll
30-08-06, 20:36
A Tale Of Two Sisters (again)- 4.5/5

The more I watch it, the more I love it, but one particular "ghost" apparition keeps me from giving it a full 5. I'm too picky I know, I just don't like that bit :p

BtoFu
30-08-06, 20:39
A Tale Of Two Sisters (again)- 4.5/5

The more I watch it, the more I love it, but one particular "ghost" apparition keeps me from giving it a full 5. I'm too picky I know, I just don't like that bit :p

Which one, Paperdoll? The menstrual chick who climbs on the bed?

I adore that movie, it's pretty masterfully designed I must say.

Paperdoll
30-08-06, 20:41
Nah, since that is sort of dream like. The one under the kitchen sink/cabinet thingie. It just doesn't seem to fit in the whole thing... it worked for me on my first viewing but after that... nah.

BtoFu
30-08-06, 20:49
Nah, since that is sort of dream like. The one under the kitchen sink/cabinet thingie. It just doesn't seem to fit in the whole thing... it worked for me on my first viewing but after that... nah.

I know what you mean, it's a bit too far removed from the scheme of things. The hand popping out always makes me jump though, I know it's coming but it always gets me. :o

Thorir
30-08-06, 20:54
Paperdoll, I love A Tale of Two sisters! :D
It was good the first time I saw it, but when I saw the bonus stuff on the dvd, it got a lot better! Very interesting and disturbing...

I saw De Dødes Tjern (The Lake of the Dead) last night. A black and white Norwegian horror from 1958. It´s from one of my favourite books, so I gotta love it. And though I have seen a lot of J-horror, no ghost has ever surpassed the absolutely horrifying ghost from this film. 5/5!

Paperdoll
30-08-06, 20:56
Horrifying ghost? I'm on it :D thanks for the "suggestion" :p

And A Tale Of Two Sisters gets so much better when you get the whole picture... it's heart breaking.

Mona Sax
30-08-06, 21:00
Superman Returns: 4/5.

A great homage to Richard Donner's classic 1978 Superman movie starring the late, great Christopher Reeve (the new Clark Kent, Brandon Routh, even looks a bit like Reeve). The one thing that keeps it from a straight 5 points is that it's a bit too long for the story it has to tell. Everything else - acting, dialogue, humor, action, special effects, music - is awesome.

Thorir
30-08-06, 21:11
Horrifying ghost? I'm on it :D thanks for the "suggestion" :p

And A Tale Of Two Sisters gets so much better when you get the whole picture... it's heart breaking.

Afraid it´s not even out on DVD in this country... :(
The story:

In the 1830ties, a incestious and jelous man killes and dismembers his sister and her lover and throw them in a lake, he goes insane from sorrow and guilt and drown himself in the lake. Legend tells that every other person who stay in his cabin are possessed by the same suicidal urge to drown themselves in the lake...

Skip forward to the 1940ties (when the book was written).
A young man dissapears at the cabin and it seems he also has committed suicide. His friends go looking for him...

You could probably find the book in English. :)
Here´s a pretty eerie screenshot.

http://www.luebeck.de/filmtage/00/press/fotos/images/dedode4.jpg

Edit: Finally Imageshack worked!
Smaller picture...

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5935/dedode4cv0.jpg

Paperdoll
30-08-06, 21:12
Awww damn it... anyway I'll try to find the book :D again thanks for the suggestion :)

Neteru
30-08-06, 21:20
I can't even remember the last film I saw! :D

Satu
31-08-06, 05:51
"Old Boy"

Korean film about a guy who is imprisoned for 15 years and when released he goes searching for the poeple who held him captive amongst other things. Highly recommend this movie, great thriller but quite a bit gory, and rated for 18+

Edit: 5/5

angelika
31-08-06, 05:54
The Magdalene sisters 15/5

Lone Raider
31-08-06, 06:57
oh! happens to be TR 1! And I really enjoyed it, too. There were so many little things to resemble the game... in fact, I thought this movie was what Legend wasn't. HAH!
For lack of dark and quiet suspense, still only 3 out of 5.

thepetemaster
31-08-06, 07:23
Brick 3 1/2 /5

pretty cool idea - noir in a high school setting, very good for a first movie - but a bit jumbled. Alot better than most high school flicks though. Worth checking out if noir is your thing.

Angelx14
31-08-06, 07:34
"The Bone Collector". 5/5
Loves it.:D

BtoFu
31-08-06, 11:45
Invisible Waves - 4.5/5

Still collecting my thoughts on this to the point where I can't even say much, I just know I really dug it as much as I hoped I would.

lita212
31-08-06, 12:45
Closer 10/10

shows the real story behind love sex and affairs. great acting from the whole cast.
starring natalie portman, jude law, julia roberts, clive owen

also the soundtrack and theme which is damien rice: the blowers daughter. is amazing

Angel666
01-09-06, 01:10
V for Vendetta - 5/5

Lara Croft!
01-09-06, 01:16
Pirates of the Car.II

It was better than the first movie,funny,pleasant and with hot leading actors...

2/5

"Old Boy"

Korean film about a guy who is imprisoned for 15 years and when released he goes searching for the poeple who held him captive amongst other things. Highly recommend this movie, great thriller but quite a bit gory, and rated for 18+

Edit: 5/5

One of my favourite films!And its soundtrack is awesome!!!

Satu
01-09-06, 01:30
^^
It definately has Kali Mousiki :D

BtoFu
01-09-06, 14:37
King and the Clown - 3.5/5

Not quite the epic I was hoping for, touched on many an interesting point within Korea's Chosun Dynasty but didn't really get anywhere serious with it. Cinematography was pretty lush and the performances were quite decent.

I'm going to see Crank later tonight. :)

Rivendell
01-09-06, 15:16
The Wicker Man remake
3/5

Slow starter, "protagonist" was your typical Nicolas Cage, with a story woven around him in a fairly cliche way. Occasional creepiness in scenes, in a few scenes the acting seemed forced. Some parts seemed funny when I can bet they weren't supposed to be, some lines are worthy of Homer Simpson (notably "OAAGHHH my legs!!" towards the end).

Good performances from Ellen Burstyn (Sister Summersisle) Kate Beahan (Willow) and Frances Conroy (Dr. Moss). Nic Cage wasn't bad in the film, but similar to other things he's acted.

The score nor directing were particularly outstanding, although the pace picked up considerably in the last quater of the film.
Spoiler: Especially when Nic Cage started to violently beat up as many women he could lay his hands on.

I found it a 'risky' descision of the director to include a well known pagan symbol on the antagonist towards the end; something pagans will not want associated with them are the sacrificial deeds in this rendition of The Wicker Man, as it's conveyed in a much more evil way than in the original.

:wve: