PDA

View Full Version : The General 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic' Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Alive_and_Funky
30-08-06, 19:20
Here is the perfect place to talk about 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic' and its sequel, 'The Sith Lords'.

To kick things off, who are you fave characters? Mine are Bastila, Mission Vao and Atton Rand. I also like Carth and Kreia.

This thread contains quite a lot of spoilers, so if you haven't played the games before, be careful when reading the thread.

If you feel like you could do with a good walk-through for KOTOR or KOTOR II, I recommend to use this website: http://www.gamebanshee.com/
It helped me out quite a bit whilst playing the games and looking for side quests, I do recommend trying to do most of the game by yourself though. :p

Mad Tony
30-08-06, 19:42
:hea:
I bet you, that in two weeks, you'll have a new obsession! :D

Alive_and_Funky
30-08-06, 19:48
:hea:
I bet you, that in two weeks, you'll have a new obsession! :D

Hey, there a couple of other Knights of the Old Republic fans on TRF. :D

Mad Tony
30-08-06, 19:49
Hey, there a couple of other Knights of the Old Republic fans on TRF. :D
A couple!
Is that it! :p

You my friend, have gone the wrong way in video gaming.
But it's better than Smackdown Vs Raw 2006.
So maybe you are going the right way.

Dante Croft
31-08-06, 05:24
My favourite charater is bastil

I'm alway trying to get more evil and i love it when * spolier *

*you and bastila can go evil together it heaps mad. Killed her once the worst thing i did in my life :(*

Alive_and_Funky
31-08-06, 08:44
On KOTOR I'm playing as a male on the Dark Side and once I've done that I'll play as a male on the Light Side. Then I'll do the same thing as a female. :D

Rivendell
31-08-06, 10:26
Hurray! Best SW games Ever! So far* !

Fave characters: Bastila, Revan, and Kreia.

Some bloody great mods out for the games too :D

Alive_and_Funky
31-08-06, 18:19
Which of the KOTOR games have you completed, Rivendell?

Rivendell
31-08-06, 19:21
Both, eagerly awaiting the third :D

I think 1 has the best storyline, but I love Sith Lords as well, because Kreia RULES! And I wish Nihilus played a bigger part. He has / had the most potential to be a greatly freaky villain I think.

Alive_and_Funky
31-08-06, 19:29
Both, eagerly awaiting the third :D

I think 1 has the best storyline, but I love Sith Lords as well, because Kreia RULES! And I wish Nihilus played a bigger part. He has / had the most potential to be a greatly freaky villain I think.

I've completed Sith Lords and I'm currently playing through the first game. :D
I wish Nihilus had a bigger part to. His mask and voice were very cool. :cool:

Alive_and_Funky
02-09-06, 19:33
Here is where I'm up to on KOTOR:

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/7679/kotorwf6.jpg

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/3772/kotorpic2cr3.jpg

Can anybody guess where I am? :D

Mad Tony
02-09-06, 19:34
I don't have a clue what planet that is.
Kashyyk?

Alive_and_Funky
02-09-06, 19:38
I don't have a clue what planet that is.
Kashyyk?

Nope, but Kashyyyk is in the game.
The pics are of a planet on KOTOR so that's why you don't know which one it is. :)

Mad Tony
02-09-06, 19:41
Nope, but Kashyyyk is in the game.
The pics are of a planet on KOTOR so that's why you don't know which one it is. :)
Oh.
What do you do on KOTOR?
It's groing on me. :D

Rivendell
02-09-06, 19:43
Ohhh the paradise planet beneath the Star Forge :D I Love that place. Just you wait til you get to the summit :D Choices choices...

Alive_and_Funky
02-09-06, 19:54
Ohhh the paradise planet beneath the Star Forge :D I Love that place. Just you wait til you get to the summit :D Choices choices...

I know what you are talking about. I kinda read what happens at that point. :whi:
I couldn't help it! I wanted to find out what happens next LOL. The only thing I probably don't know of now is how it ends. :vlol:
At least it shows how good the plot is. :D

@ Mad Tony: It's a Star Wars RPG set 4000 years before the Star Wars movies. You pic to either be male or female and what you look like and some other stuff. Then you start the adventure.
Also, you end up meeting people and they join you in your quest to stop Darth Malak fulfilling his evil plan.
Throughout the game you get to choose what to say or do and at times this affects whether you will lean to towards the light side or the dark side. Depending on the side you are on, the plot changes and you gain different powers (dark side gains cruel powers such as force lightning :mis:).

Mad Tony
02-09-06, 19:55
@ Mad Tony: It's a Star Wars RPG set 4000 years before the Star Wars movies. You pic to either be male or female and what you look like and some other stuff. Then you start the adventure.
Also, you end up meeting people and they join you in your quest to stop Darth Malak fulfilling his evil plan.
Throughout the game you get to choose what to say or do and at times this affects whether you will lean to towards the light side or the dark side. Depending on the side you are on, the plot changes and you gain different powers (dark side gains cruel powers such as force lightning :mis:).
Hmmm...Interesting.
Sound cool! :D

Alive_and_Funky
02-09-06, 19:57
I forgot, you can also assemble your lightsaber, choosing the colour, power crystals (which affect how powerful it is) and whether you want it single-bladed (like most of the Sith and Jedi in the movies) or double-bladed (just like Darth Maul's lightsaber :D).

Mad Tony
02-09-06, 19:58
I forgot, you can also assemble your lightsaber, choosing the colour, power crystals (which affect how powerful it is) and whether you want it single-bladed (like most of the Sith and Jedi in the movies) or double-bladed (just like Darth Maul's lightsaber :D).
Sounds awesome! :D
I wanna get it now, but as you know, I brought MGS3 and everything.
And i'm saving up for my PS3.

Ward Dragon
03-09-06, 20:51
I've played both games (is there really going to be a third one, Rivendell? Suddenly I'm filled with joy :D)

My favorite characters are HK-47, Atton, T3-M4, Mission, Canderous, and Visas. My favorite force powers are Healing and Lightning (I max both of them out regardless of whether I'm playing as light side or dark side; I really don't need any other powers if I have those two, although I try using other powers to mix things up a bit). I also prefer a double-bladed green or viridian saber. I've played each game twice. The first time was as a light side female, which is the closest to my real self. Then the second time was as a dark side male in order to make the game/story as different as possible the second time through (and to get revenge on all of the NPC's who took advantage of me the first time through :p)

Edit: @ Mad Tony, I think you can find the games new for about $20 each or used for about $10 each, so maybe the price won't dip into your PS3 savings too much if you decide to get the Kotor games :)

Forwen
03-09-06, 23:05
Aaargh... Not again... Must... stop... thinking... seeing... and believing... Must.... click... on... X icon... Not give in... again... Don't... start... typing... Waaah! The Dark Side has taken over my PC! Gizka everywhere!

I'm out of this topic for the sake of remains of my nerdish sanity.

Rivendell
03-09-06, 23:32
Any of you read anything about

STAR WARS 2007 ? Apparently it's the next gen Star Wars game with a new more realistically powerful approach to the use of The Force.

^ Sound exciting? Read the review :D

SW2007 preview (http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/starwars2007/news.html?sid=6150933)

That whet your appetite? Boy.. I bet you wish there was a trailer out or a leaked preview eh?

Well there is :D Star Wars 2007 leaked video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZlkmow73Qw)

*Dances with Glee*

Forwen
03-09-06, 23:48
I know, I know! And don't think much about it. It's self-defense. Wild speculation in the face of rudimentary facts is bad for your health. I just hope it's really engine-based and not scripted; E3 used to be rather unworthy of trust in this regard.

Still, the fact that KoTOR 3 WILL be created is obvious. The matter of "who" is well, another matter.

Meanwhile, Jade Empire is coming to me... Must gather supplies.

Ward Dragon
04-09-06, 22:23
Whoa, that new Star Wars game looks fantastic! Is it the next installment in the Jedi Knight series? Also, I didn't know there was a new Indiana Jones game coming out, either (the SW article mentioned it at the very beginning). I hope that the game can live up to what's promised (the article sounded like it was describing the trailer I just saw, and it said that it was CGI, so I'm assuming that what we saw wasn't the actual engine at work)

Rivendell
04-09-06, 22:31
I hope it's the next Jedi Knight game!! :D

PirateRose
04-09-06, 22:34
Holy cow, sorry I'm late for this thread. Lets see here what are we discussing!

That video, is not KOTOR3 just to make sure we are clear. It actually started the rumor that there would be a KOTOR3. I'm not doubting that there won't be another one. I just wish I could be on the creative writing team for it because I've been popping out lots of ideas. XD

Anyone care for a KOTOR2 fan made desktop? Just made it today! Erm...I'm not so good at this yet, the logo looks all screwed up but the rest came out rather nicely.

800x600 = http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9222/kotor2desktopum2.jpg
1024x852 = http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1798/kotor2desktopis8.jpg

And if you haven't noticed already. I <3 Atton Rand. I'm an X- Carth Onasi fan. Carth seems like a whiney baby to me now. Not sure why. boooooo down with Onasi and his orange jacket of doom!

Edit: Oh and Mical sucks too. Mira rocks, HK rocks(SALUTATIONS MEATBAGS), and Mission rocks, and Kreia rocks

edit: OH I FORGOT ABOUT VISAS MARR! Visas Marr rocks

Rivendell
04-09-06, 22:40
Whoa Rose! THat's one impressive wallpaper!!

PirateRose
04-09-06, 22:45
Whoa Rose! THat's one impressive wallpaper!!

Yes, I accidently started makeing it last night when i was trying to put my Atton Rand picture with that same background. I had accidently made my Atton Rand picture all transparant and it spawned the idea to combine the whole crew in there to make it look like the Nebula was forming shapes of them.

I tried to put some of them cordinated with the stars, like Bao-Dur's arm for example.

Ward Dragon
04-09-06, 22:53
And if you haven't noticed already. I <3 Atton Rand. I'm an X- Carth Onasi fan. Carth seems like a whiney baby to me now. Not sure why. boooooo down with Onasi and his orange jacket of doom!

Yeah, I liked Carth when I played Kotor I as a good female Jedi. I then played it as an evil male Jedi and Carth's actions, particularly near the Star Forge, really disgusted me. Atton, however, impressed me on both play-throughs :)

That's a really cool wallpaper, by the way :tmb:

PirateRose
04-09-06, 22:57
Yeah, I liked Carth when I played Kotor I as a good female Jedi. I then played it as an evil male Jedi and Carth's actions, particularly near the Star Forge, really disgusted me. Atton, however, impressed me on both play-throughs :)

That's a really cool wallpaper, by the way :tmb:

Thanks

Yeah, Carth totally abandoned everyone to get their butts smeared. Some loyalty there, huh!

Although, I did read somewhere that an alternate ending for DS female that got cut would have been Carth returning to Revan, they tell each other their love for each other, kill Bastilla, and remain on the Star Forge to die together in a passionate embrace. WOOT! I would have loved to see that, I truely would have.

Ward Dragon
04-09-06, 23:08
Although, I did read somewhere that an alternate ending for DS female that got cut would have been Carth returning to Revan, they tell each other their love for each other, kill Bastilla, and remain on the Star Forge to die together in a passionate embrace. WOOT! I would have loved to see that, I truely would have.

That would have been awesome, although it would have made Kotor II a little bit pointless if Revan died. I would rather see the complete ending of Kotor II as it was meant to be (practically everything got cut out, from explaining the HK-50's to finding out what happens to the Exile's companions :()

Rivendell
04-09-06, 23:15
Wow , that would've been an amazing end!
I love the DS ending how it is :D Feel the power :D

PirateRose
04-09-06, 23:26
That would have been awesome, although it would have made Kotor II a little bit pointless if Revan died. I would rather see the complete ending of Kotor II as it was meant to be (practically everything got cut out, from explaining the HK-50's to finding out what happens to the Exile's companions :()

I know, that ending made me so angry. I was just like, what thats it? What happened? I

*Spoiler I guess, but its cut content so*

I've actually heard three alternate endings that involved Atton. Its Atton DS beating up mical, Atton standing up against Sion and getting his butt smeared then dieing in the female Jedi exile's arms(its so sad....), then finally the one where he just walks off into the sun set I assume with the exile.

heres the sounds
http://tubertarian.com/kotor2missingcontent.php

*END SPOILERS*

I am currently working on my own idea for a KOTOR2 ending. Its almost completed, I'm trying to put in convos from the game, right now I need the convo between light sided female exile with Sion in the Korriban academy. If any of you happen to have it, it would help a lot, other then that I'm trying to replay to that level to get it.

I guess I can start posting it, the first chapter is fully completed. I think.

PirateRose
04-09-06, 23:41
BTW: Did you guys read my Atton Rand fan fic I posted in the art section? the thread title is My KOTOR2 Fanfic "His Name"

I know that a lot of people don't dare go in there, and a lot of people don't like to read, but its a short fan fic, and an easy read. I'm just trying to see if any fans of KOTOR2 like it.

PirateRose
05-09-06, 03:32
I think you'll all enjoy this picture I found. =D

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29458175/?qo=27&q=The+Disciple+Mical

Forwen
05-09-06, 13:13
Thanks

You can still listen to it in the game folder. There might be even some mod out there that adds this ending to the game, although I don't know if it's only this one scene or something else.

Ward Dragon
05-09-06, 16:21
I think you'll all enjoy this picture I found. =D

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29458175/?qo=27&q=The+Disciple+Mical

That is *so* wrong! :p

Rivendell
05-09-06, 17:36
Wow.. it suits Atton! And Carth is just posing ;)

PirateRose
05-09-06, 17:45
Notice, the disciple Mical is smileing!

Edit: Note on Atton looking good, thats because he is sexy, and! he has turned himself into a woman before....

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26381214/?qo=33&q=by%3Asta-r-obin+sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26601998/?qo=32&q=by%3Asta-r-obin+sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27699787/?qo=19&q=by%3Asta-r-obin+sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

Alive_and_Funky
06-09-06, 19:02
I hope there will be a KOTOR 3. If it is made I wonder who we will play as. I'd be happy as long as Bastila was playable again. :D

Rivendell
06-09-06, 20:13
I want more Revan! I want to know for sure where he went, what for and how that turns out.
Plus I want to see more Nihilus. Perhaps Nihilus could've been drawn to Revan's power - he tries to "eat" him, but Revan hands his ass to him on a plate, and Nihilus flee's-his strength reduced and his ship in raggedy tatters as it is in KotoR2 :D

Ward Dragon
06-09-06, 22:35
I want more Revan! I want to know for sure where he went, what for and how that turns out.
Plus I want to see more Nihilus. Perhaps Nihilus could've been drawn to Revan's power - he tries to "eat" him, but Revan hands his ass to him on a plate, and Nihilus flee's-his strength reduced and his ship in raggedy tatters as it is in KotoR2 :D

I thought Revan was a she...;) I wonder, if they do include Revan in Kotor 3 (which I imagine they will), could the game import saves from Kotor 1 to find out how our characters were? That would be cool :)

Forwen
06-09-06, 23:27
Canonically Revan is already a he, but if we don't get to choose Revan's gender in KotOR 3 itself then I'm not... buying... it. Emperor's black bones, what did I just say...?

No, really. I won't... buy... it.

PirateRose
07-09-06, 00:20
I read in a thread somewhere that it would without a doubt, the third one be about searching for Revan and the Exile who disapeared into unknown sith area of outer space.

I always thought Revan was a she because when you have the first conversation with Atton that is the way for the game to figure out how you played KOTOR1, Atton says Revan is a she. Then you are given the option to correct him.

I dunno, maybe its just because I'm a girl. XD

madderakka
07-09-06, 00:51
weren't we Revan in KOTOR1? So Revan's gender is undecided. I think that was the purpose of the convo with Atton, to set the story line. If you choose Revan as a female then there is a different message to/from Carth on one of the levels.

Rivendell
07-09-06, 00:55
I hope we get that choice again in KotoR 3 *prays* :D

PirateRose
07-09-06, 01:07
=O Uncut content! Spoiler for KOTOR2 I guess....i mean, its not in the game, unless you dig it up and try to implement it yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIWeSKUGNLA&mode=related&search=

Rivendell
07-09-06, 01:15
That's so sad! :hug: There there Rose, it'll be ok, :hug:

PirateRose
07-09-06, 01:19
T.T thank you Rivendell, your concern has been noted.

*cough sniffles*

Anyways, I'm hopeing someone will bring up the cut content of Atton beating up Mical, just cause its cool. So far I do not see it. =P

Forwen
07-09-06, 05:45
weren't we Revan in KOTOR1? So Revan's gender is undecided. I think that was the purpose of the convo with Atton, to set the story line. If you choose Revan as a female then there is a different message to/from Carth on one of the levels.

Exactly, but by the time KotOR 2 was being made Revan's gender wasn't a canon yet. It is now.

Forwen's KotOR 3 Wishful Thinking List:

1. Return the franchise to BioWare. I prefer Obsidian's concept of grim reality to fluffy polarized world of BioWare (compare Taris Lower City and Nar Shaddaa...), but BioWare is definitely better at bringing their concepts to life. KotOR 2 is unfinished. Oh, how I hope they screw up NWN 2... :mis:
2. Be ambitious and try to set the standards for next generation RPGs while next gen is still fresh. That'd include three, not one scenario: first, for the new character (maybe a Mandalorian, I like to think) introducing the whole grand story and taking place mostly in Republic space, second for the Exile with mixed setting and third and final for Revan - climax of the game where all previous sidestories would find their end, set mostly in the Sith Empire I guess, but with the grand finale back in the Republic (I don't dare think about Coruscant, but maybe Core Worlds for once...?). The plot, as it is expected from the next gen, would be flexible enough to accommodate all possible endings from KotOR 1 - including or not the killable characters. And finally, all KotOR 1 and maybe 2 characters would be playable (of course, depending on your actions in previous games) but who says they'd be stuck with their leaders from KotOR 1 and 2? Why not have Mission traveling with the Exile for some part, for example. And their stories would intersect as well - how about Mira going after Mission's brother? And the only character that would star in every scenario no matter what, beginning from the Republic and ending at Revan's side would be of course the loyal and tireless T3 :D

Signed,

Addicted and broken KotOR nerd

Mad Tony
07-09-06, 06:15
Now that i've brought my Xbox 360 I should be able to get this game.
Although, it depends if it works though.

PirateRose
07-09-06, 12:00
Join us Mad Tony! Enjoy the game. =D

I agree with Forwen in a way I guess.

I would like them to be creative with the third one, thats what attracted me to KOTOR1. The whole story and the worlds and the creativity of it all. I mean I figured out the big shocker of KOTOR1 rather quickly, but the story leading up to it was very intrigueing!

Then in KOTOR2, they had a good start, and things seemed like they were going right. But you can tell that they just ran out of time and as you go through the game, things became less and less. I think its possiable that they were too creative and had too much stuff to put in. Characters like the Disciple and the Handmaiden were really unneeded extra bagage. Then they cut out a lot of content, oddly enough MOST of it that keeps appearing is Atton content. Then there was an extra planet planned for the game involveing a droid factory/planet. maybe the disciple and handmaiden weren't really extra bagage and there is a load of cut content for them!

they just need to reflect on the mistakes done in KOTOR2 and make sure they do a lot of what was done right for both KOTOR1 and 2.

Alive_and_Funky
07-09-06, 16:15
I'm up to the last planet on KOTOR (SPOILER!!! The Star Forge). I'm almost near the end. :jmp:

PirateRose
07-09-06, 17:50
I'm up to the last planet on KOTOR (SPOILER!!! The Star Forge). I'm almost near the end. :jmp:

oooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kick sith asbutt!

Alive_and_Funky
07-09-06, 19:04
oooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kick sith asbutt!

I'll try but it's a bit hard since lots of people are coming after me. Oh well. :o

Rivendell
07-09-06, 20:36
That place was so tricky the first few times I tried it! :D Damn droids..

PirateRose
07-09-06, 21:06
I kept loseing my party. XD

I would go running down a hallway and get to the other end, turn a corner, start fighting some Sith, and I realize my party was gone. At the other end of the hallway some more Sith popped out and they went after them instead of following me.

Ward Dragon
07-09-06, 21:14
I hate when their AI's are stupid and they get themselves killed. I think I used force lightning and destroy droid a lot in those areas.

About Kotor 2 cut material, a lot of the cut dialogue is still in the CD's. When I was really into the game a year ago, I found out how to extract it all. I've deleted it since then because it was taking up 700 mb on my harddrive, but I've heard the Atton's death scene before. It's so sad :( The cut material from the HK-50 factory is priceless, though. HK-47 is so freaking awesome :D I wish I hadn't deleted the files now.

PirateRose
07-09-06, 22:04
Bah, what fools to have cut such things and not finish the game to its full form!

I think that one of the best things about KOTOR2 is the whole influence system they have in there. Sure it needs some wrinkles worked out, but I think its the greatest idea. At least now I know if what I'm saying and doing is either gaining someones favor or ****ing them off. XD

I also love how much upgrades there were and the work bench where you could break down items and then create new ones and upgrades!

Forwen
07-09-06, 22:05
Can someone explain to me how one can actually *like* Atton?

PirateRose
07-09-06, 22:27

you must be destroyed.... *SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED KOTOR2*

Atton is an amazing, deep character that was unfortunetly not completed.
He fought for the Republic dureing the Mandelorian Wars, he was Enchani trained, he became a Elite Sith Assassin, then he met the Jedi who showed him what he was doing was wrong and that he was force adept, so he left the Sith. Then he meets the Exile and is trained to become a Jedi. He realized his faults in all this and tried to change. Judgeing by how the Twi'lik acted when he saw Atton in the refugee camp on Nar Shadaar, its a little clear that Atton is not his real name, and there are some times where Kreia says "Atton" in the subtitles instead of just Atton. Atton comes from atonement. Forgiveness of sins, a want of redemption.

Atton, instead of being this dark tormented soul because of his dark past, seems to have taken a different view on life. Laid back, easy going, and a bit lazy, but he will fight to the death for you. Even if he's had his butt smeared pretty badly, he'll get up again. In fact there is some uncut content of him getting the crap beaten out of him by Darth Sion, but he gets up again and tries to fight Sion again. This of course leads to the Atton Death scene I posted previously.

A lot of people look at Atton and see this murderous pyschopath. But if he was that way why the heck does he give a crap about the Exile, why does he even help the Exile? I mean, for goodness sake, he showed some concern for Kreia in the beginning when she had her hand chopped off, right after she went about insulting him to his face. He stayed behind and helped Bao-Dur repair the Ebon Hawk on Dxun.

I don't understand how anyone can not like Atton Rand!

*END SPOILERS*

Ward Dragon
07-09-06, 22:28
Bah, what fools to have cut such things and not finish the game to its full form!

I think that one of the best things about KOTOR2 is the whole influence system they have in there. Sure it needs some wrinkles worked out, but I think its the greatest idea. At least now I know if what I'm saying and doing is either gaining someones favor or ****ing them off. XD

I also love how much upgrades there were and the work bench where you could break down items and then create new ones and upgrades!

Yeah, I know. I loved the influence system too, but it really annoyed me on my Dark Side play through because, despite someone like the Handmaiden being at maximum darkness, she'd still complain if I did something evil in her presence. The game was obviously geared to a light side male character (I also experienced glitches where characters would refer to my female character as a 'he'). Anyhow, I really had fun working with HK-47 on my light side playthrough. I actually managed to get him neutral!

If you mean how do we ourselves like him, I dunno, he just appeals to me. If you mean how to get a female Exile character to fall in love with him, talk to him a lot, be nice to him, and take him with you in your party as much as you can. There are places where he will offer to do something, like fixing a bike on Nar Shadaa if I remember correctly, and if you let him do it and then complement him, you gain influence. Keep checking with him to see if you have new conversation options, too.

PirateRose
07-09-06, 22:32
(I also experienced glitches where characters would refer to my female character as a 'he').

yes, I noticed this also. I was actually kinda mad. "Can't you tell I'm a woman? Are you blinde? Do I have to get Atton to explain it to you, because he did see me in my underwear!" *cough*

I am woman, here me roar!

Ward Dragon
07-09-06, 22:36
yes, I noticed this also. I was actually kinda mad. "Can't you tell I'm a woman? Are you blinde? Do I have to get Atton to explain it to you, because he did see me in my underwear!" *cough*

I am woman, here me roar!

:p I didn't get quite that mad because I figured some poor programmer somewhere just forgot a few lines of code and, considering the condition of the game, they didn't have time to properly test it out :rolleyes:

PirateRose
07-09-06, 22:39
:p I didn't get quite that mad because I figured some poor programmer somewhere just forgot a few lines of code and, considering the condition of the game, they didn't have time to properly test it out :rolleyes:

*cough* I was jokeing around heh....XD

Yes, that poor programmer.... *chucks a lightsaber hilt at the guys head*

Teach you to not do your job 110%.

Bah, I should chuck hilts at all their heads, they all didn't do their job to completion.

Ward Dragon
07-09-06, 23:16
*cough* I was jokeing around heh....XD

Yes, that poor programmer.... *chucks a lightsaber hilt at the guys head*

Teach you to not do your job 110%.

Bah, I should chuck hilts at all their heads, they all didn't do their job to completion.

I didn't mind the occassional "he" instead of "she", but the glitches with the influence system really did get me angry. I would have killed the handmaiden if it had let me. *grabs a lightsaber hilt off of PirateRose's pile and aims it for the handmaiden* :p

PirateRose
07-09-06, 23:19
I didn't mind the occassional "he" instead of "she", but the glitches with the influence system really did get me angry. I would have killed the handmaiden if it had let me. *grabs a lightsaber hilt off of PirateRose's pile and aims it for the handmaiden* :p

*watchs the hilt nail handmaiden in the head*
SCOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE!!!!!
Woot!

nice aim!
What was worse was when I got to the end, all the convos on Malchor V were doing that auto diolog skip, so I had no idea what anyone said.

I had to completely close the game and open it again for it to stop that. XD

Rivendell
07-09-06, 23:23
I absolutely *love* turning Atton to the dark side, it's one hell of a conversation! It's so subtle too, you really feel insidious whilst doing it.. he's just pouring his heart out, almost in tears, and here I am consoling him, telling him he was right, not to be afraid etc.. Ohhh Atton it was fun turning you :D

Ward Dragon
07-09-06, 23:25
*watchs the hilt nail handmaiden in the head*
SCOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE!!!!!
Woot!

nice aim!
What was worse was when I got to the end, all the convos on Malchor V were doing that auto diolog skip, so I had no idea what anyone said.

I had to completely close the game and open it again for it to stop that. XD

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that bug. Now I'm really angry at the game. I remember downloading that official patch but it made the game completely unplayable for me :( Did they ever release a new patch? I think I downloaded some high quality movies and music from nVidia, but I don't know if they released any new gameplay patches.

PirateRose
07-09-06, 23:27
oh yes, of course. that is the beauty of Atton. so gualibly stupid to the Exile because of the Exiles crazy influence powers, you could lead him off a cliff if you wanted to. Yet, I don't have the heart to do such a horriable thing after he's worked so hard to become a good person.

Alive_and_Funky
08-09-06, 15:12

Yeah, it's a shame that LucasArts rushed Obsidian to get it finished in time for Christmas. :(

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that bug. Now I'm really angry at the game. I remember downloading that official patch but it made the game completely unplayable :( for me Did they ever release a new patch? I think I downloaded some high quality movies and music from nVidia, but I don't know if they released any new gameplay patches

It's amazing how that glitch is in KOTOR 2 when it was in the first game. You would have thought that they would have fixed it.

BTW, I've completed KOTOR :yah: . Now I'm playing on the light side. :D

PirateRose
08-09-06, 16:42
BTW, I've completed KOTOR :yah: . Now I'm playing on the light side. :D

Congrats Funk! Did you like it?

Alive_and_Funky
08-09-06, 17:06
Congrats Funk! Did you like it?

It was GREAT! I loved it a heck of a lot. It might possibly be my favourite game of all-time. Now I'm playing it through on the light side. :jmp:

Rivendell
08-09-06, 17:11
Hoo-hoo, good luck there with the light side !
It takes real patience not to try and smite down anyone who cheeks you or tries to take advantage of you ;)

Twiin
08-09-06, 17:11
Ooh, I've got and completed KOTOR II: The Sith Lords! I became completely obsessively hooked to this game! I loved the character of Visas Marr, and she was actually voiced by one of my favourite actresses, Kelly Hu!
It was a very good game, but I must say that I prefer being on the light side of the force!

Alive_and_Funky
08-09-06, 17:13
Hoo-hoo, good luck there with the light side !
It takes real patience not to try and smite down anyone who cheeks you or tries to take advantage of you ;)

I don't think I'll find it too hard. I found it hard being cruel at times when I was on the dark side. :)

@ Twiin: I love KOTOR 2 as well, but I love KOTOR even more :D . Have you played the first game?

PirateRose
08-09-06, 17:38
Ooh, I've got and completed KOTOR II: The Sith Lords! I became completely obsessively hooked to this game! I loved the character of Visas Marr, and she was actually voiced by one of my favourite actresses, Kelly Hu!
It was a very good game, but I must say that I prefer being on the light side of the force!

Visa Marr is the most loyal, 2nd cooliest character of the game*cough* cooliest female Jedi I've ever seen. Being blind and only being able to see through the force, her outfit rocks, she's pretty intellegent besides the fact she desperately wants to depend on someone. I actually read somewhere that as Dark Side exile, you can make her commit suicide, thats how loyal she is to you.

Although, it gets annoying hearing "My life is yours" over and over. omg, say something else.

Alive_and_Funky
08-09-06, 17:46
I actually read somewhere that as Dark Side exile, you can make her commit suicide, thats how loyal she is to you.

I can't remember if I could have done that when I played as a dark side exile. It's been a long time since I played on KOTOR 2.

Although, it gets annoying hearing "My life is yours" over and over. omg, say something else.

I agree. Can't you stop her from saying that, like you can stop HK-47 from saying "master"?

Ward Dragon
08-09-06, 19:07
I can't remember if I could have done that when I played as a dark side exile. It's been a long time since I played on KOTOR 2.

I didn't actually do it myself (I found out how after I uninstalled the game), but yes you can. Have her wearing something other than armor when entering the battle with Nihilus. Then there's the option to convince her to commit suicide during the battle.

Alive_and_Funky
08-09-06, 19:07
I didn't actually do it myself (I found out how after I uninstalled the game), but yes you can. Have her wearing something other than armor when entering the battle with Nihilus. Then there's the option to convince her to commit suicide during the battle.

Do you only get dark side points?

Twiin
08-09-06, 19:10
I haven't played the first KOTOR, no... should I? In what way is it different/better than II?

Alive_and_Funky
08-09-06, 19:15
I haven't played the first KOTOR, no... should I? In what way is it different/better than II?

I'd highly recommend it. I also played KOTOR 2 first and the first game explains some things that you might not have understood.
I prefer the plot and planets of KOTOR to KOTOR 2 and it's also my favourite of the two games.
Also, the characters are different and there might be quite a few that you will like. :)
If you enjoyed KOTOR 2 then you'll probably enjoy the first game too.

PirateRose
08-09-06, 20:10
Yes the first one is designed, written, looks, speaks, so on so forth better then KOTOR2.

But KOTOR2 has Atton, and KOTOR1 has Carth.

Carth is a closet pervert. I mean seriously, I doubt that when the escape landed your just go unconcious and he's fine. I really think he knocks you out and does all kinds of dirty perverted things while your out of it. Plus, he promised me a spanking, and I never got it. *cough*

Carth: "Damn it, woman! You keep hounding me I'm gonna turn you over my knee at teach you a lesson!"
PC: “Is that a promise?”

and then the classic:

Carth: "I can do more things then my blaster can,"

Atton, though you get the idea he is perverted, seems to keep it to himself.

Speaking of funny KOTOR 1 and 2 quotes: I compiled this after visiting an old KOTOR 1 and 2 fan thread.

"Great. Maybe you and that Sith Lord can have a party after we’re dead.”
-Atton Rand

“Well, that’s encouraging. Nothing like a steady stream of people that hate us and want to kill us to keep the heart pumping, I always say.”
-Atton

“Oh master, I love you, but hate everything you stand for! Let's go press our mucas covered lips together in the cargo hold! Ohhh MASTER! I can't trust you, or anyone else, ever again!" -HK47 impersonating Carth and Bastilla.

“Good day. I hope your patrolling goes well. All hail the Sith.”
-Droid on Taris

HK-47: “Observation: We could begin by slaughtering the inhabitants of the building, master. Would that be impressive?”
T3-M4: “Beep-beep boop boooop.”
HK-47: “No, I didn’t mean us as well, you moronic droid.”

(On Kashyyk KOTOR1)
Revan: “Do you know anything about this world?”
Canderous: “Well…it has big trees… in case your eyes don’t work anymore.”

“No, that is not it, master... no that is not it either... *sigh* That is a hinge, master”
-HK-47

HK47: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Exile: "How did you loose your arm, anyway?"
Bao-Dur: "Got tired of it. Kept dropping my hydrospanner. Thought I'd get a new one."

Atton: Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it.
(For anyone who does not remember: that's what Anakin told Padme in Episode I )

(this next one is someone's idea, not mine, i lost the name somehow of this person)
Much to his dismay, Atton never managed to win the Annual Christmas Drinking Contest at Trayus Academy. However, no-one else knew how to vomit in such a spectacular style:

"And I was good at that: throwing up walls. And my superiors knew it."
~Atton Rand

Male Exile version:
Atton - "Then there was some big explosion, and then I was sitting here for a long time, waiting for some half-naked miner to show up and ask a bunch of questions."

The female exile version of that is much better:

Atton: "Then there was some big explosion, I sitting was here for a long time. Then you showed up in your underwear and things got a lot better."

Atton: "Are you blind? If I were her, I'd be screaming like a stuck mynock. Well, I mean a very strong, manly mynock."

"2% probability that the meatbag is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. This may be simple wishful thinking on my part, master" -HK-47

HK-47: Conclusion: such pair amount of driven human responses never cease to decrease the charge in my capacitors, and make me wish I could press a blaster pistol to my behavior core and pull the trigger."

Dustil: “How did *you* get in here?”
Revan: “Through the front door.”

Atton: "Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'."
Bao-Dur: "I think he wanted us to give up the General to his poorly-trained collection of bounty hunters."
Atton: "Ah. well that would explain it. Which one do you want?"
Bao-Dur: "I'll take the stupid one who decided to threaten us rather than shoot us when he had the chance."

"Yeah, I'll be in my chambers. But since I don't have any, I'll just go to the cockpit like I always do."- Atton

Kreia- And do not mate with her. Whatever you may feel, whatever urges consume you, do not let them control you, such union would breed....difficulties.

Exile- Just because I saved her doesn't mean I was going to charge up her loading ramp.

Flipper1987
09-09-06, 07:02
Hee hee, I feel like I'm interrupting a conversation.

I played both KOTORs and loved them as well. I was disappointed with KOTOR II, especially with its convulted storyline and the ending.

I was just on another website and there was a thread suggesting that KOTOR 3 might become a MMORPG. This had the Star Wars Galaxies crowd going nuts (in a good way). Here's the link : http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/92932

FLIPPER

Alive_and_Funky
09-09-06, 13:49
Hee hee, I feel like I'm interrupting a conversation.

I played both KOTORs and loved them as well. I was disappointed with KOTOR II, especially with its convulted storyline and the ending.

I was just on another website and there was a thread suggesting that KOTOR 3 might become a MMORPG. This had the Star Wars Galaxies crowd going nuts (in a good way). Here's the link : http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/92932

FLIPPER

I doubt KOTOR 3 would be an MMORPG. After all, most of the Jedi are extinct. :)

@ Pirate Rose: I also like this part:

Mission Vao: Hey, Bastila. Have you ever used the Force to, you know, trip up some jerk who's ticking you off?
Bastila Shan: No, I haven't. I would never use the Force in that way. I have the years of wisdom and understanding that allow me to see how childish such an act would be.
Mission Vao: Childish? Hey, just 'cause you're some Jedi doesn't mean you can be a prissy little...
[Mission falls over]
Mission Vao: What the-? Hey, that wasn't funny!
Bastila Shan: I have no idea what you're talking about , Mission. Please do try to be less clumsy in the future.

:vlol:

PirateRose
09-09-06, 16:16
Oh yes, that part was the best. I was shocked Bastilla would let lose like that, then I was laughing.

Thats another thing KOTOR2 was missing. The convos like that, at random,while you are wlaking around. I'd like get back to teh Ebon Hawk in KOTOR2 and there would be like 10 conversations, one right after another, completely unrelated to one another.

oh I forgot another one:

Bao-Dur: I'm trying to work here Atton.
Atton: I was just wondering if you thought, maybe, she and I might-
Bao-Dur: You're being serious.
Atton: You said you wouldn't laugh.
Bao-Dur: You are being serious. Atton, she was the general, I was just a tech. Your guess is about as good as mine.
Atton: Well, whats your guess then?
Bao-Dur: I'm getting back to work.
Atton: Hey! I'm being serious here.
T3-M4: Beep Beeeeeepp deep.
Atton: You're laughing at me? I'll put you on the scrap heap, you walking tin can!
*Atton stomps his foot like a big baby*

Alive_and_Funky
09-09-06, 18:19
Bao-Dur: I'm trying to work here Atton.
Atton: I was just wondering if you thought, maybe, she and I might-
Bao-Dur: You're being serious.
Atton: You said you wouldn't laugh.
Bao-Dur: You are being serious. Atton, she was the general, I was just a tech. Your guess is about as good as mine.
Atton: Well, whats your guess then?
Bao-Dur: I'm getting back to work.
Atton: Hey! I'm being serious here.
T3-M4: Beep Beeeeeepp deep.
Atton: You're laughing at me? I'll put you on the scrap heap, you walking tin can!
*Atton stomps his foot like a big baby*

I'm not sure if you mentioned this one, but I find it funny:

Atton: I bet the droid stole the Ebon Hawk. He's probably joyriding around the galaxy by now, laughing at us. Laughing at me!

PirateRose
09-09-06, 22:09

I'm not sure if you mentioned this one, but I find it funny:

Atton: I bet the droid stole the Ebon Hawk. He's probably joyriding around the galaxy by now, laughing at us. Laughing at me!

Yes, that one is priceless. ROFL
heres one from a fan fic I was screwing around with:

“You see, never, ever, trust a droid,” Atton said, “You’re better off doing everything yourself then having a droid do it for you,” T3 rolled over to Atton, slipping out the door. As he did, he zapped Atton in the leg.
“Argh! You stupid trash compactor,” Atton spun around and chucked his lightsaber hilt, hitting T3’s head with a clang. Atton then pulled the hilt back to him using the force.
“I do not think that is the proper use of a light saber Atton,” the Disciple said.
“Works fine for me," Atton shrugged.

PirateRose
10-09-06, 01:49
"Come on, just let me shot him in the back, nobody will know"-Atton
"Atton, restrain yourself" - Handmaiden

and you guys know how I was all crazy over the Atton Rand death scene, heres a comic for you guys who didn't care. XD

http://www.kotorfanmedia.com/?p=242

cate_kroft
10-09-06, 03:44
Thanks

Yeah, Carth totally abandoned everyone to get their butts smeared. Some loyalty there, huh!

There's a mod that will let you play that ending. I did it, it's quite good. They must have taken it out only at the last second when they realized they may want to make a sequel someday. There's some other stuff you can access from the mods like a conversation with Dead Eye Duncan on Manaan (after Taris if you did the duels quest). I love Kotor and Kotor 2 although the first was by far the best. Mods are fun, I make them too. ;)

PirateRose
10-09-06, 04:20
*EDIT: OOPS A SPOILER SORRY* X.x

I find it odd though that they are so willing to have Bastilla with a doomed ending in the game.

I honestly just learned that you could save Bastilla.
*END SPOILER*

So you make mods eh? does that mean you can make a whole scene to put in or something? I mean, of course it wouldn't be with the voice acting, but yeah.

cate_kroft
10-09-06, 16:23
So you make mods eh? does that mean you can make a whole scene to put in or something? I mean, of course it wouldn't be with the voice acting, but yeah.

Some do, making new levels and a few new worlds but I haven't done anything that big myself. I know one group is trying to completely rebuild Kotor 2 and add in all of the cut content back into the game along with the cut endings.

The mods I've made are more like graphic and smaller improvements like new equipment, lightsaber crystals, updated texture maps, and two brand new playable characters that I'm quite proud of. (I don't think I'm allow to post my website address here so I'll just PM it to you.)

PirateRose
10-09-06, 16:45
Thanks, yeah I heard about the rebuilding of KOTOR2 thing. Can't wait for them to finish. =D

PirateRose
10-09-06, 17:01
Don't you guys agree that there are way too many light saber weilders in KOTOR2???

*spoilers* http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=12&pos=14

cate_kroft
10-09-06, 17:06
Don't you guys agree that there are way too many light saber weilders in KOTOR2???

*spoilers* http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=12&pos=14

Especially after that whole story bit about the Exile being more or the less the last Jedi and then suddenly everybody and their brother was a Jedi. I was honestly expecting HK and T3 to be Jedi Droid and kept talking to them to try and open up any such options. :cln:

PirateRose
10-09-06, 17:58
http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=6&pos=2

Yes, thats right, Atton Rand and Lara Croft are partners!!!! I think this is ten times better then Kurtis Trent and Lara Croft.

ROFL!!

cate_kroft
10-09-06, 18:02
http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=6&pos=2

Yes, thats right, Atton Rand and Lara Croft are partners!!!! I think this is ten times better then Kurtis Trent and Lara Croft.

ROFL!!

That's pretty cool! They do make an awesome pair, don't they?

Now I'm going to have to start combining Kotor and Tomb Raider fan art. :hea:

Forwen
10-09-06, 23:47
Bah! My spirit is now trapped in Jade Empire and my hands are tied to the gamepad, but I promise you, PirateRose - I'll be back! Atton won't get away next time :mis:

PirateRose
11-09-06, 00:06
What? I already have Atton in a cage. Unless...*checks in her closet* aw man, he escaped again. shot....

EDIT: Just to avoid double posting as I noticed I've done that a couple of times.

I was asked from a few folks to keep going with my little FanFic of Atton Rand after he left the Sith, I just now posted it in the Art Section. I don't know if many of you check out that part of the forums often, but this is just me saying its up for those of you who wanted to read some more."

PirateRose
11-09-06, 11:55
If they came out with a Star Wars Lego of KOTOR1 and 2 this is what it would look like.....

http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego_sw_kotor_heroes.htm

http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego_sw_kotor2.htm

I'm going to find out how to buy the Atton Lego. If I have to buy the whole set then I'll do it. XD I mean, it doesn't have the disciple in it as far as I can see!

cate_kroft
11-09-06, 13:54
Oh my, "Lego Star Wars III: Knights of the Old Repbulic"... Why not? Those look awesome and if the latest games sells anywhere near as many copies as the first than LucasArts is going to be looking for another money maker like this... "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Revenge of the Brick". That takes care of two franchise sequels! :cln:

Alive_and_Funky
11-09-06, 15:23
Has anybody managed to (KOTOR SPOILER!) kiss Bastila on KOTOR? I've found out how to do it and I think I'm doing everything right, but I'm not sure.

*spoilers* http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displa...&cat=12&pos=14

That pic makes me laugh. I'm not sure why though, probably the thought of all of them holding lightsabers. Still... :vlol:

PirateRose
11-09-06, 15:33
Has anybody managed to (KOTOR SPOILER!) kiss Bastila on KOTOR? I've found out how to do it and I think I'm doing everything right, but I'm not sure.

That pic makes me laugh. I'm not sure why though, probably the thought of all of them holding lightsabers. Still... :vlol:

Just talk to her constantly, make sure you find out about her mom, meet her mom on Tatoonie I think it was, find out about her dad, get some stuff that once belonged to her dad, get her and her mom to make up, and then I believe things should fall into place. I dunno really because I haven't played the male side and I hate Bastilla.

Getting a promise of a spanking from Carth is much more fun! JOIN THE FEMALE SIDE!!!!

Yes, it is funny if you think about it. Its scary too. You wonder if they should have lightsabers, how are you going to keep control of so many padawan jedi's at once.

Alive_and_Funky
11-09-06, 15:44
Just talk to her constantly, make sure you find out about her mom, meet her mom on Tatoonie I think it was, find out about her dad, get some stuff that once belonged to her dad, get her and her mom to make up, and then I believe things should fall into place. I dunno really because I haven't played the male side and I hate Bastilla.

I've done all of that, so I think I'm on the right track.
Bastila is one of my favourite characters. :D

EDIT: I done it. What Bastila said to me was funny. :vlol:

Getting a promise of a spanking from Carth is much more fun! JOIN THE FEMALE SIDE!!!!

I'll join the female side once I've completed this play through. :tmb:

Yes, it is funny if you think about it. Its scary too. You wonder if they should have lightsabers, how are you going to keep control of so many padawan jedi's at once.

Yeah, we don't want a whole lot of Anakins. :vlol:

cate_kroft
11-09-06, 20:29
That was one of my favorite things in the game, the conversations between the female PC and Carth. I'm going to have to check my dialog files and write some of those down. Actually the female PC had quite a few really great lines... such a smart mouth... like me.. :cln:

Alive_and_Funky
11-09-06, 20:32
That was one of my favorite things in the game, the conversations between the female PC and Carth. I'm going to have to check my dialog files and write some of those down. Actually the female PC had quite a few really great lines... such a smart mouth... like me.. :cln:

Can you remember any of the lines? :D

cate_kroft
11-09-06, 20:48
Here's one:

PC: You look like you want to say something.

Carth: Oh, you can tell, can you?

PC: Well, your mouth keeps opening. That's a sign, I think.

Carth: Oh, yeah? Well listen, beautiful, I don't need to take this abuse. I get enough female Jedi bashing from Bastila, thank you very much.

PC: You love the attention. Admit it.

Carth: You think so? I could probably get the same kind of attention from a blaster rifle.

PC: Oh, I think there's things I can do that a blaster can't.

Carth: Now *that* I'd like to see. Or would I? You've got my damn head on backwards, you know that?

Alive_and_Funky
11-09-06, 20:52
PC: Oh, I think there's things I can do that a blaster can't.

Carth: Now *that* I'd like to see. Or would I? You've got my damn head on backwards, you know that?

SPOILERS!

It's similar to the way you can mess about with Bastila. It was funny when she was stumbling over her words when I said that she was interested in me. Bastila done a really bad job at covering it up. :vlol:

cate_kroft
11-09-06, 20:54
I kind of like this one too. It's from about the second or third convo on Taris.

PC: Is this a good time to ask you some more questions?

Carth: I'm all ears, beautiful.

PC: I like the sound of that.

Carth: Which? The fact that I'm all ears or the beautiful part?

PC: The beautiful part. Keep calling me that.

Carth: I might consider it. What are you going to call me, in exchange?

PC: How about "handsome thug"?

Carth: I like the first part of that. I'm a bit more partial to "the most handsome pilot in the galaxy". What do you think?

PC: I think I'm going to be ill.

Carth: Well, then, I guess "gorgeous" will have to do until then, won't it?

Alive_and_Funky
11-09-06, 20:56
I kind of like this one too. It's from about the second or third convo on Taris.

PC: Is this a good time to ask you some more questions?

Carth: I'm all ears, beautiful.

PC: I like the sound of that.

Carth: Which? The fact that I'm all ears or the beautiful part?

PC: The beautiful part. Keep calling me that.

Carth: I might consider it. What are you going to call me, in exchange?

PC: How about "handsome thug"?

Carth: I like the first part of that. I'm a bit more partial to "the most handsome pilot in the galaxy". What do you think?

PC: I think I'm going to be ill.

Carth: Well, then, I guess "gorgeous" will have to do until then, won't it?

I'll look forward to hearing those conversations when I play as a female.

cate_kroft
11-09-06, 21:06
Oh yes, and a favorite I think was mentioned earlier. :cln: There are plenty of other dialog choices just in this convo that are funny but this one is my favorite.

PC: You've been watching me very closely as of late. Why is that?

Carth: Oh. I hadn't thought you'd noticed...

PC: I'm blind, now, am I?

Carth: No, no, I didn't mean it that way.

PC: Oh, I get it. You think I'm stupid, right?

Carth: Damn it, woman, if you keep hounding me I'm going to put you over my knee and teach you a lesson!

PC: Is that a promise?

Carth: Oh, no, I'm not even going there, sister.

PirateRose
12-09-06, 00:09
Hey Cate, please tell me how you access Convo logs. I need a convo for a fan fic from KOTOR2 between Light Side Female Exile and Sion in the sith academy on Korriban. XD

LoL, I was joking around with my friend saying that in KOTOR2 Carth Onasi was looking for me to give me my spanking.

Meh, but then Atton got my attention, then I forgot all about Carthy Poo.
As you know, I like to write stories and stuff, and I like to analize characters. So here is my attempt at a Carth Onasi vs Atton Rand battle type thingy...its incomplete as I haven't had them battleing yet, just argueing at the moment. XD

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6550/carthvsattonbb8.jpg

“Oh, this guy looks like a real genius,” Carth mumbled.
“Does anyone understand a word this guy says?” Atton said turning to Carth, “You keep mumbling, no one can understand you. Do you realize that?” Carth glared at him silently, “Are you talking again, because now I really can’t hear you,”
“You seem to think your funny,”
“You seem to look funny,”
“I don’t have time for this,”
“Hey you’re the one that started it,” Atton said shrugging, “I just wanted to know what you said that’s all,”
“You know what I said,” Carth’s voice raised.
“Okay, now you’re coming in clear,”
“How old are you, because you certainly don’t act it,”
“Speak for yourself,”
“You’ve about wrecked the Ebon Hawk, there’s so much damage done to it,” Carth said, “how many times did you crash land that thing, you crack pilot,”
“Hey, I never said I was a pro at it,” Atton said, “At least I didn’t run like a chicken when the Exile went dark side,”
“I came back at least, and tried to change Revan, unlike you who just supported the exile,”
“Yeah, you came back and got your butt kicked,”
“That was only because the developers gave the player no choice,” Carth said, “At least it was an ending, at least the player got to see me in the ending,”
“My future was predicted,”
“Yea, vaguely,” Carth said, “And what’s with this, “Pure Pazaak” catch phrase you’ve got going on,”
“It means something was easy,” Atton smiled, “I’d like to play Pazaak against you, you’ve obviously have trouble with it if you can’t think what that means. At least I’m not repeating “Going down,” and having it sound like Tango because I mumble,”
“And how do you get away with becoming a Jedi after being a Sith Assassin and killing Jedi for a living?”
“Alright, that’s something personal, I didn’t bring up anything about your personal life,” Atton said angrily, “Even though every time you talk about it, it sounds like you’re a whining little baby,”
“Whining little baby? At least I told all of the truth, we don’t even know if you told the whole story, let alone the truth”
“That is because it does not matter, and it’s not anyone’s business, especially yours,”
“I don’t know about you, but I would personally like to know who I’m with on the Ebon Hawk before it takes off somewhere. You don’t know how long you’ll be stuck on there,”
“Well I don’t have a easy time trusting someone who doesn’t trust anyone,” Atton said, “That tells me you’re hiding something much worse,”
“I’m not hiding anything much worse then you,” Carth said.

cate_kroft
12-09-06, 00:25
I used the Kotor Tool (http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/). Start it up, go to the little document tree and go to
Kotor I-->BIFs-->template.bif-->Dialog-->k_hcar_dialog.dlg and double click it. Should bring up another window with all of Carth's conversations in more trees. Just play around and you'll get the hang of it pretty easy.

For Atton's dialog, use the same tool but in the document tree go to
Kotor II-->BIFs-->dialogs.bif-->Dialog-->atton.dlg

You'll still be able to see a bunch of programer notes when looking thru the Kotor 2 files. It's easy to see how much is left unfinished just by looking at the dialogs. :(

I love reading fanfic, especially Star Wars fanfic! I love that little part "Carth - Highly Trained. Atton - Highly Questionable." :vlol: I actually have a hard time picking my favorite, then I just remember Han Solo.... :D

PirateRose
12-09-06, 00:33
Thanks Cate.

Yes of course he is questionable. It scared the crap out of me when he took the controls the first time. I was like, wait wait wait, what are you doing? The game can't be over already....did I miss someone back on Peragus?

cate_kroft
12-09-06, 00:58
Thanks Cate.

Yes of course he is questionable. It scared the crap out of me when he took the controls the first time. I was like, wait wait wait, what are you doing? The game can't be over already....did I miss someone back on Peragus?

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

I kept thinking he was going to hit one of those low bridges or whatever they were when landing on Nar Shadaa! It was like the astriod field all over again only quicker!

PirateRose
12-09-06, 00:59
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

I kept thinking he was going to hit one of those low bridges or whatever they were when landing on Nar Shadaa! It was like the astriod field all over again only quicker!

LOL I was thinking the same thing!!! ROFL

Either crash into a low bridge, miss a landing pad, or slam into one of the buildings or another vehicle.

Alive_and_Funky
12-09-06, 15:38
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6550/carthvsattonbb8.jpg

That's great. :D

PirateRose
13-09-06, 05:40
I was thinking today, who would be perfect to play parts in a KOTOR movie.
Here is my first person I found!
Patrick Dempsey would be perfect for the part of Carth Onasi!
I love this man.....well not exactly love carth, but Patrick...*sigh*
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8629/carthonasina8.png

Anyone else have suggestions for other characters for a KOTOR Movie????? I can't seem to find someone who is good enough for Atton...yet....

cate_kroft
13-09-06, 08:02
*still reading fanfic btw, it takes me a bit* ;)

I remember hearing from the developers that Atton was based on the guy that did his voice acting. They also mentioned that he was an actor who could easily play Atton in a movie. (I'll see if I can find where I found that. If that makes any sense at all...)

I don't think I've heard of that actor before but he would be perfect. He may look better than Carth actually... which isn't a bad thing... Nice!

Perhaps Keira Knightly for Bastila. She's got the right accent and is no stranger to an action flick.

I watch too many old movies to know very many of the current stars!

PirateRose
13-09-06, 11:56
You mean this guy? Nicky Katt.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3403/whatug5.jpg

Hrmmm, I dunno, he's not too attractive, especially up against Mc'Dreamy i posted previously. He does have similar features, like the long face and the goofy nose. But then again, i didn't think Atton was very attractive at first either. Could grow on me if he had the right makeup and cloths, and if I saw his acting...XD

I had heard that Atton was a homage to Hon Solo and was based off a employee that worked at Obsidian witha lot of similar personality patterns. I wonder if that means he drinks a lot and gambles. XD I do know that they changed Atton's appearance shortly before the game realeased (i heard that before he looked like a homosexual, I don't know what that means exactly thats what some fan told me). So I wouldn't doubt they used Nicky's appearance.

What about Angelina Jolie for Visas Marr? Big lips, about the right body shape, what do you think? I'm not that sure, but it was just a random thought.

Alive_and_Funky
13-09-06, 15:03
How about Frank Oz for Master Vandar? :D

PirateRose
13-09-06, 15:35
How about Frank Oz for Master Vandar? :D

Why yes of course, thats only logical...XD

Mira can be played by Rachael McAdams

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6122/mirasw9.png

and Kreia can be played by Meryl Streep

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2024/tuccidevil1hz4.jpg

and Juhani can be played by Catherine Zeta-Jones (i'm sure you guys know who that is....)

Alive_and_Funky
13-09-06, 15:38
Apart from Catherine Zeta-Jones, I've not seen any of the others act, but they look right for the roles.

PirateRose
13-09-06, 15:43
Rachal was in Mean Girls (head plastic chick), Red Eye, and The Note Book

Meryl was in The Devil Wears Prada and I believe she was in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events as Aunt Josephine. She's been acting for a very long time, I think she can pull of Kreia well.

Alive_and_Funky
13-09-06, 15:53
I agree that Patrick Dempsey shares a resemblance with Carth. :tmb:

PirateRose
13-09-06, 16:08
I agree that Patrick Dempsey shares a resemblance with Carth. :tmb:

Therefore all the more reason I should find someone pretty darn attractive to play the role of Atton, because Mc'Dreamy is high standards attractiveness.

If they casted Patrick in a KOTOR movie as Carth, oh man, I'd think I'd pass out I'd be freaking out so bad.

Alive_and_Funky
13-09-06, 16:08
I take it you don't like Carth? :p

PirateRose
13-09-06, 16:11
Have you been reading this thread at all?
No I don't like Carth, I once upon a time liked him, but he kinda became whiney and annoying and he ran off like a little chicken when Revan goes dark side, leaving the rest of the crew to fend for themselves and be killed.
I do love Patrick Mc'Dreamy.

But then again, the reason I Love Atton so much is his personality...

Sigh, look how sexy he is...
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/199/kbattondarkbyy3.jpg

Alive_and_Funky
13-09-06, 16:15
Have you been reading this thread at all?
No I don't like Carth, I once upon a time liked him, but he kinda became whiney and annoying and he ran off like a little chicken when Revan goes dark side, leaving the rest of the crew to fend for themselves and be killed.
I do love Patrick Mc'Dreamy.
I have been reading it, just felt like bringing it up. :p
Well, he did say, "Run Mission!", but I get your point.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/199/kbattondarkbyy3.jpg[/
Aargh! :yik:

PirateRose
13-09-06, 16:21
*gives Atton some face cream*

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/518/somefacecreamth4.jpg

There much better!

Atton doesn't give up, he wouldn't run like that! You can see it in the cut content of him fighting Sion. Plus, if you have party members still standing, he gets right back up and keeps fighting.

Alive_and_Funky
13-09-06, 17:04
Plus, if you have party members still standing, he gets right back up and keeps fighting.
I forgot about that. Isn't that his special ability?

BTW, how do you turn Atton to the dark side?

Rivendell
13-09-06, 19:02
On Nar Shadda, you talk to a twilek in the Refugee place who says something odd about Atton. Mention this to Atton (I think when you're a potential darksider yourself) and make sure you have high pursuasion with him. Keep talking to him about his past. He starts getting angry, just go through it and make all the right suggestions to him. You'll know what to say :D

Alive_and_Funky
13-09-06, 19:16
On Nar Shadda, you talk to a twilek in the Refugee place who says something odd about Atton. Mention this to Atton (I think when you're a potential darksider yourself) and make sure you have high pursuasion with him. Keep talking to him about his past. He starts getting angry, just go through it and make all the right suggestions to him. You'll know what to say :D
I'll try that some time, although, he does look very creepy from the pics PirateRose posted. :yik:

PirateRose
13-09-06, 20:58
Actually, all the chracters get kinda creepy/dead looking when you turn them dark side.

Mira look slike a goth vampire, Visas has the whole vein wrinkle look like Atton, Bao-Dur's tattoos widen and gain a red center similar to those of Darth Maul.

Its like they say : the dark side rots your flesh.

I noticed that Atton's eyes go from beer brown to pee yellow. rofl

PirateRose
13-09-06, 23:35
I decided to try out that heritage what celebraty do you look like on Atton, and every set of pictures I got, Keira Knightly was in there somewhere, and the pictures were largely dominated by women faces, in fact, one time there was only woman faces. (ROFL)

I tried Mical the Disciple for a laugh, and I got Prince William. I think thats fitting.

I tried Carth Onasi, but I guess his head is too small in the pictures I have. Go figure....

I'm too lazy to do the rest of the crew. XD

So anyways, I've decided that I think that Revan was male, but I think that the Exile is female only because 1. Everyone is strongly hitting on her and saying she's beautiful. You'd think a beautiful woman would have more influence on people then a handsome man 2. The story line concerning Sion seems more complex, I mean, it seems like he tries to save her from faceing Kreia if you ask me, and he also stops his sith assasins from chaseing her down, ("I hate you because you are Beautiful" Sion to Female Exile) 3. Come on, its about time something had a Female Jedi as the all powerful, leader, Jedi hero.

Alive_and_Funky
14-09-06, 15:31
So anyways, I've decided that I think that Revan was male, but I think that the Exile is female only because 1. Everyone is strongly hitting on her and saying she's beautiful. You'd think a beautiful woman would have more influence on people then a handsome man 2. The story line concerning Sion seems more complex, I mean, it seems like he tries to save her from faceing Kreia if you ask me, and he also stops his sith assasins from chaseing her down, ("I hate you because you are Beautiful" Sion to Female Exile) 3. Come on, its about time something had a Female Jedi as the all powerful, leader, Jedi hero.
On Wikipedia it says something about how Revan is male and the Exile is female.

EDIT: Found them.

While Revan's gender is specified by the player, the canonical Revan is confirmed by Leland Chee to be male.[2] Also, The New Essential Chronology and the Chronicles of the Old Republic, published prior to the release of The Sith Lords, both refer to Revan as male. It is notable, however that the game's chief developer stated that he pictured Revan as female[3] and that the New Essential Chronology's author went out of his way NOT to specify gender, just making note of what he had heard secondhand.

The Jedi Exile is fully customizable by the player, and thus can take several different appearances and either gender. The male and female storylines have minor differences, with the most notable one being one of the player's party members (Brianna, the Last Handmaiden, only joins a male Exile's party, and Mical, the Disciple, only joins a female Exile's party). In addition, there is a scene on Nar Shaddaa, where the Exile meets a Twilek named Domo, who hires her to dance for Vogga the Hutt. If the Exile is female, she gets dressed into a red bikini and they brought her to Vogga as a dancing girl. However, if the Exile is male, the Handmaiden becomes the dancing girl instead. Promotional images present the Exile as male, and the opening video for KotOR II refers to the Exile as "him." This would seem to confirm that the Exile is male.

However, on August 19, 2005, Leland Chee made a statement [2] on the StarWars.com forums in which he said he is trying to make the canonical Exile female (as opposed to the canonical Revan being male). In addition, they are considering the introduction of an official name for the Exile.

Recently, in the book The New Essential Guide to Droids, the Exile was established as a 'heroine', thus canonically Light Sided and female.

PirateRose
14-09-06, 23:49
They are considering an official name for the Exile....interesting....I don't think I like it though. It would break up the whole "no one uses their real names" in the game

Kreia=Darth Traya

Atton=Rumored to really be Jaq based on the fact he is called Atton "Jaq" Rand in the game guide, Kreia calls him "Atton", and the twi'lik in the refugee camp suggests that, that's not really his name

The Disciple=Mical

The Handmaiden=Brianna

Mandalore=Canderous Ordo

Mira=Whats her last name....I don't think she ever says that she has one...

G0-T0=It's a guy hideing behind a curtain somewhere, just like wizard of OZ.

Edit: also, Kreia/Atton/The Disciple/The Handmaiden/The Exile = Symbolistic names. I believe Kreia means dark one and Atton comes from atonment, and then The Disicple and The Handmaiden would follow you off a cliff if they could.

Alive_and_Funky
15-09-06, 17:18
I'd like it if they kept the name as The Exile, since it is what The Exile is known for.

PirateRose
16-09-06, 17:17
How would you think they would be able to do a third game and not really give the main character a set name. you know how Revan and Exile are like their the set names, but you get to pick their real names.

Alive_and_Funky
16-09-06, 17:45
How would you think they would be able to do a third game and not really give the main character a set name. you know how Revan and Exile are like their the set names, but you get to pick their real names.
I don't know. It would be difficult because what would all of the KOTOR players call them?

PirateRose
17-09-06, 02:47
What is the worst/stupidiest thing that you did while playing either KOTOR1 or 2???

Until recently, in KOTOR2, when the Intorians are attacked and you have to go save them, I thought the Exile had to do it alone because she started out alone. I thought the party members were locked. I kept saying to myself "This is way too hard, how do they expect you to do this alone?"

*spoilers*

but hey! it prepared me for Malchor V at least. XD

*end spoilers*

Enjoy Mical being choked. Notice how Atton gains a level by witnessing this!

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/630/k200064yy7.jpg

Alive_and_Funky
17-09-06, 19:32
Enjoy Mical being choked. Notice how Atton gains a level by witnessing this!

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/630/k200064yy7.jpg
What are those robes? They look like Revan's. :confused:

I can't remember the stupidest things I've done.

Rivendell
17-09-06, 19:59
Hehe I love the mod skins - Becoming Nihilus is great - and the red-ish Nihilus (is that the one you have there?) is also wicked.

You tried out the cool downloadable force powers? :eek: :cln: :yah:

Here they are: on PcGameMods (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/13294.html)!

Alive_and_Funky
17-09-06, 20:02
Hehe I love the mod skins - Becoming Nihilus is great - and the red-ish Nihilus (is that the one you have there?) is also wicked.

You tried out the cool downloadable force powers? :eek: :cln: :yah:
So that's what they are? Force Choke Anyone sounds great. :cln:

PirateRose
17-09-06, 20:14
thats actually not my screen shot, I need to remember to give credit to these things sometime.

I stole it from http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/

Has some pretty funny stuff in there. XD

There is one screen shot taken that looks like Atton is makeing out with a rock!!!! Talk about desperate...XD

Alive_and_Funky
17-09-06, 20:41
There is one screen shot taken that looks like Atton is makeing out with a rock!!!! Talk about desperate...XD
LMAO :vlol:

PirateRose
17-09-06, 21:16
Atton gets owned....
http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?album=41&pos=5

The Dicsiple is not clean, honest, and naive....
http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?album=41&pos=31

TK-M4 IS YOUR MASTER!!!!!!!!
http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?album=41&pos=14

Just some examples I found funny from that site. XD

I have decided that TK-M4 has a hidden agenda, and he really is controling everyone and not the Exile. He is secretly an evil sith lord, but since he is a andriod, no one can sense it in him.

Alive_and_Funky
17-09-06, 21:22
Atton gets owned....
http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?album=41&pos=5

That one is my favourite. :D

PirateRose
17-09-06, 21:40
Nothing like awkward silence when you're trying to hit on a girl. XD

That one was my favorite too because when I began playing KOTOR2, I hated Pazaak and was ****ed that that's all Atton ever does.

PirateRose
18-09-06, 11:47
I'm going to be your guys goofy KOTOR supplier...

Remember in KOTOR2, that guy in the cave who's wandering around...yeah I thought he was crazy too!

http://www.kotorfanmedia.com/?p=5370

Rivendell
18-09-06, 11:50
:vlol: I love that cartoon!
I have to get KotoR1/2 up and running again!

I'm getting my current SW fix from Lego though, so it's not all bad :D

PirateRose
18-09-06, 15:56
Oh ha! I have found an actor for Atton...I think...

Ben Afflec! I was watching a talk show this morning (Regis and Kelly) that he was on talking about his new movie Hollywood Land, and I swear to you his mannerisms and personality are similar to Attons.

I've never personaly liked that man much, but he just reminded me a lot of Atton. Which is bizzare...

Edit: I love these comics....
http://www.madolin.com/aodmad.php?comic=34

Alive_and_Funky
18-09-06, 17:52
“Oh master, I love you, but hate everything you stand for! Let's go press our mucas covered lips together in the cargo hold! Ohhh MASTER! I can't trust you, or anyone else, ever again!" -HK47 impersonating Carth and Bastilla.
Which game does HK-47 say that in?

PirateRose
18-09-06, 21:53
He says that in the first one. I crapped my pants when he said that I was laughing so hard, cause thats exactly how it is. I just forgot where it happens and what leads to that convo...

*this i know for sure that its in KOTOR1 because I've yet to get HK to work while playing KOTOR2,, I don't really need him*

edit: on second thought, I might be going dark side just for the heck of it, and turn that bad boy on. mwahahahahaa

PirateRose
19-09-06, 02:53
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/19065364/

I am just speechless...

Alive_and_Funky
19-09-06, 16:06
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/19065364/

I am just speechless...
*speechless*

Do you like Juhani? I do and I love it when she says "I shall be your doom!" It sounds really cool with her Russian accent.

Ward Dragon
19-09-06, 19:14
*this i know for sure that its in KOTOR1 because I've yet to get HK to work while playing KOTOR2,, I don't really need him*

Blasphemy!!!:p I got HK-47 working on both play throughs. As my good Exile, I actually influenced HK into being neutral (which actually may be more blasphemous than not turning him on at all, but it was definitely more fun my way;))

Anyhow, that link to what I assume is a Juhani pic isn't working. I don't like Juhani, though, so I don't care too much about not seeing her again.

Jebus
20-09-06, 08:24
OMG legendary games are these, i completed the first one, i am near to the end of the second one i think, i havent played it in some time, but i am on that really dodgy planet where it is really dark and plenty of them beasts come and attack you! i cant wait for KOTOR3, they have to make it! they just have to! OOOOOOOO and Jade Empire 2!! but Mass Effect will do nicely til then!

PirateRose
20-09-06, 13:59
Anyhow, that link to what I assume is a Juhani pic isn't working. I don't like Juhani, though, so I don't care too much about not seeing her again.
no, has nothing to do with Juhani. It has to do with questioning Atton's sexuality!!!!!!

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9039/latinoheatbyaimorv2.jpg

Created by this artist
http://www.aimostudio.com/index2.htm

I'm a cat lover and all, but Juhani was just, I dunno, blah. I think shes that way for me because I keep thinking she was created for the purpose of alien bisexual because they keep aiming KOTOR more at men then woman.

What? They couldn't make Carth bisexual? *snickers as she remembers the videos from youtube she can't post here because they carry a lot of language and sexual themes, in which Carth is a flaming homosexual created by thirdshadow. He sings lollipop at one point, friggen hysterical*

Heres another funny Quote, its form KOTOR1. It was Quote of the day today on Wookiepedia *I was researching how many Jedi Academies there are*

Lashowe: "Do you know how many Sith there are here on Korriban??"
Jolee Bindo: "Twelve! No, wait! Thirteen!"
Canderous Ordo: "Nice one, old man."
Jolee Bindo: "Thank you. It takes effort to be properly irreverent at my age."

Alive_and_Funky
20-09-06, 16:24
Lashowe: "Do you know how many Sith there are here on Korriban??"
Jolee Bindo: "Twelve! No, wait! Thirteen!"
Canderous Ordo: "Nice one, old man."
Jolee Bindo: "Thank you. It takes effort to be properly irreverent at my age."
I got that today, except Canderous wasn't in my party so I only saw the first part. :(
I'm a cat lover and all, but Juhani was just, I dunno, blah. I think shes that way for me because I keep thinking she was created for the purpose of alien bisexual because they keep aiming KOTOR more at men then woman.

Juhani was created for that purpose? :yik:

Ward Dragon
20-09-06, 18:35
Juhani was created for that purpose? :yik:

Probably. If you play as a female character and are somewhat nice to Juhani (which I did at first) then she starts looking at you like...well, it really creeped me out. I wasn't sure if she wanted to kiss my character or gut her like a mouse. I was checking a walkthrough for all of the different sidequests after I completed the game, and it turned out that Juhani is gay and if you play the conversations right, she'll kiss a female player character near the end or something like that.

Alive_and_Funky
20-09-06, 18:38
Probably. If you play as a female character and are somewhat nice to Juhani (which I did at first) then she starts looking at you like...well, it really creeped me out. I wasn't sure if she wanted to kiss my character or gut her like a mouse. I was checking a walkthrough for all of the different sidequests after I completed the game, and it turned out that Juhani is gay and if you play the conversations right, she'll kiss a female player character near the end or something like that.
I had read about that somewhere, not sure where though. :confused:

PirateRose
20-09-06, 19:47
all I know is that I avoided Juhani like the plague when she started hitting on me...I didn't even use her as a party member.

*Spoiler for KOTOR1....*

Then I messed up something with the Carth romance and never got beautiful beach thing where he proclaims his love. So I had to completely replay the game. bah!

That was what was so great about that romance. There was dirty inuendos and a proclaimation of love on a beautiful beach at sunset....at least i think it was sunset. Anyways it rocked!

*end spoiler for KOTOR1!*

Alive_and_Funky
20-09-06, 19:51
all I know is that I avoided Juhani like the plague when she started hitting on me...I didn't even use her as a party member.
I've only played KOTOR as a male so far and I like her character about how she looks up to the Jedi and yourself. Eventually I'll get to see what it's like when I play as a female.
*Spoiler for KOTOR1....*

Then I messed up something with the Carth romance and never got beautiful beach thing where he proclaims his love. So I had to completely replay the game. bah!

That was what was so great about that romance. There was dirty inuendos and a proclaimation of love on a beautiful beach at sunset....at least i think it was sunset. Anyways it rocked!

*end spoiler for KOTOR1!*
That kind of reminds me how I missed the ( KOTOR1 SPOILER!) Bastila romance plot on my first time through. (END SPOILER)
Does Carth say that on the Unknown World then?

PirateRose
20-09-06, 20:02
Yes, unfortunetly everyone is present and they kinda spoil the friggen moment, but yeah, its on the unknown planet.

Alive_and_Funky
20-09-06, 20:03
Yes, unfortunetly everyone is present and they kinda spoil the friggen moment, but yeah, its on the unknown planet.
Why is everybody else there?

PirateRose
20-09-06, 20:08
because like, the ebon hawk is there, and they just like finished fixing it, and

*spoiler*

since revan just fought off going to the dark side, Carth is all happy and yeah, starts his little love speech

so everyone is there. I think its pretty retarded because I think its out of character for Carth to do that in front of everyone.

*end spoiler*

Alive_and_Funky
20-09-06, 20:10
because like, the ebon hawk is there, and they just like finished fixing it, and

*spoiler*

since revan just fought off going to the dark side, Carth is all happy and yeah, starts his little love speech

so everyone is there. I think its pretty retarded because I think its out of character for Carth to do that in front of everyone.

*end spoiler*
I see. Completely different to the way Bastila did things. :D
I agree about it being out of character though.

PirateRose
20-09-06, 20:34
I see. Completely different to the way Bastila did things. :D
I agree about it being out of character though.

*Spoiler for KOTOR2*

Heres another thing I find out of character. If Atton once killed Jedi for a liveing, wouldn't you think he'd be pretty advanced as a Jedi?

He gets his ass kicked by Kreia, and then in the cut content his ass kicked by Sion. You'd think he could hold his own or something against them!

I kept thinking that he was pretending to be an moron, and was going to come out in the end pwning everyone!!!!

*end spoiler*

Alive_and_Funky
20-09-06, 20:36
*Spoiler for KOTOR2*

Heres another thing I find out of character. If Atton once killed Jedi for a liveing, wouldn't you think he'd be pretty advanced as a Jedi?

He gets his ass kicked by Kreia, and then in the cut content his ass kicked by Sion. You'd think he could hold his own or something against them!

I kept thinking that he was pretending to be an moron, and was going to come out in the end pwning everyone!!!!

*end spoiler*
It's quite odd, isn't it?

PirateRose
20-09-06, 21:15
It's quite odd, isn't it?

I actually read somewhere that some of the writers didn't like Atton, so they screwed up everything in the end.

I mean, You can't cut out Atton's character, because he's apart of the classic Star Wars triangle thing. It'd be a pain in the butt to replace him I would think when they were halfway through the game even.

Luke, Hon Solo, Leia
Obi Won, Anakin, Padme
Carth, Bastilla, Revan
Atton, Kreia, The Exile

YOU CAN NOT BREAK THE TRIANGLE!!!!!!

Alive_and_Funky
21-09-06, 19:02
I actually read somewhere that some of the writers didn't like Atton, so they screwed up everything in the end.
How in the hell can you not like Atton?! :yik:
I mean, You can't cut out Atton's character, because he's apart of the classic Star Wars triangle thing. It'd be a pain in the butt to replace him I would think when they were halfway through the game even.

Luke, Hon Solo, Leia
Obi Won, Anakin, Padme
Carth, Bastilla, Revan
Atton, Kreia, The Exile

YOU CAN NOT BREAK THE TRIANGLE!!!!!!
I agree about the triangle thing. It works in a similar way to how Harry Potter has a triangle of people. I think there are lots of other stories like it too.

PirateRose
21-09-06, 19:52
*oops sorry, I don't know what happened but obviously hitting enter by mistake when you are not done with your post yet is a bad idea...*

PirateRose
21-09-06, 19:52
How in the hell can you not like Atton?! :yik:

I KNOW! Its very bizzare!

But I mean, look at the last two characters they threw in at the last minute, and the character they took out!

The Disciple and Handmaiden have this goody-to-shoes personality about them, and sorely seem out of place with the scheme of things. Its almost like they decided they had too many dark characters, with dark pasts, so they decided to throw someone in to try and balance it out.

They took out a character named Dvakvar Grahrk who seems pretty dark if you ask me.

From Wookiepedia:
Dvakvar Grahrk was a Devaronian Jedi Knight during the Jedi Civil War. He was known as a Sith hunter, and explored Korriban in his attempts to eliminate all Sith. While on Korriban, however, he slowly started to turn to the dark side.

Dvakvar Grahrk was originally designed to be a part of the Jedi Exile's party, but was replaced late in production by the Disciple, Mical. Prima Games, however, managed to obtain footage of his character before it was cut from the game and included it in an unlockable portion of their DVD guide to The Sith Lords.
He was presumably intended to be an ancestor of Vilmarh Grahrk.

Edit: *i don't under stand how accidently hiting enter posted this..*
Also, they took out a scene that envolves Dustil Onasi in the sith cave. He is absolutely pyschotic and tryies killing you despite your attempts to help him.

and finally, rumor is they really cut out the Atton Rand death scene because the way they made him look was pretty nasty and would have question the game's rateing.

Alive_and_Funky
21-09-06, 19:59
They took out a character named Dvakvar Grahrk who seems pretty dark if you ask me.

From Wookiepedia:
Dvakvar Grahrk was a Devaronian Jedi Knight during the Jedi Civil War. He was known as a Sith hunter, and explored Korriban in his attempts to eliminate all Sith. While on Korriban, however, he slowly started to turn to the dark side.
Sounds like he would have been an interesting character to me.
and finally, rumor is they really cut out the Atton Rand death scene because the way they made him look was pretty nasty and would have question the game's rateing.
The way they made him look was pretty nasty? What do you mean?

PirateRose
21-09-06, 21:28
Sounds like he would have been an interesting character to me.

The way they made him look was pretty nasty? What do you mean?

well, like, you know how Sion looks all nasty and stuff. Sion says before he starts beating up Atton he would make him a mirror image. Only problem is, Atton can't heal like Sion does and yeah, it kills him.

So think Sion but really bloody, maybe some skull showing, I dunno, just assume the worst. XD

edit: and, in the cut content of Atton dieing, he says "Your eyes... that bad huh? I was always ugly, now it shows on the outside,"

or something to that effect. *sobs*

*many hours later out of bordom edit* : "But all this talk doesn't matter. I'm not qualified to give advice. Besides, when I open my mouth, I'm usually lying anyway."

ATTON RULES!

cate_kroft
22-09-06, 06:52

*spoiler*

*end spoiler*

Did you see the Carth romance fix (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/16862.html) on PC Game Mods? It changes that scene a bit and makes it a lot better. Although it's still no where near as good as that whole "kiss me you fool" thing that the male PCs get. :mad:

Bioware made up for it in Jade Empire though. Very nice love scene in that one. :)

cate_kroft
22-09-06, 06:57
Which game does HK-47 say that in?

I'm pretty sure that's in Kotor 2. You get it after you have a lot of influence with HK and you have to have made Revan a male. The first part is Bastila and the second part is Carth. No Carth talking about muscas covered lips. :( ...wait... why am I frowning at that?!?

PirateRose
22-09-06, 11:40
I'm pretty sure that's in Kotor 2. You get it after you have a lot of influence with HK and you have to have made Revan a male. The first part is Bastila and the second part is Carth. No Carth talking about muscas covered lips. :( ...wait... why am I frowning at that?!?

I'm pretty sures its KOTOR1 because I never got HK to work in KOTOR2. I guess I didn't have enough repair skills or something. Eh....*shrugs as he was no use anyways but for a evil laugh*

And the quote is referenced to both Carth and Bastilla, at the same time, kinda like a universal thing that you can get when Revan is either male of female...I think anyways. I haven't played KOTOR1 as male, because I don't want to see the kiss scene with Bastilla. Very outragous after all the little inuendo flirting going around with Carth...

Ward Dragon
22-09-06, 15:36
I'm pretty sures its KOTOR1 because I never got HK to work in KOTOR2. I guess I didn't have enough repair skills or something. Eh....*shrugs as he was no use anyways but for a evil laugh*

I think it was in Kotor 1 but I don't remember. It's definitely in Kotor 2, though they probably just recycled some lines from Kotor 1 as a nod to the players who would recognize it :)

Alive_and_Funky
22-09-06, 18:24
I haven't played KOTOR1 as male, because I don't want to see the kiss scene with Bastilla. Very outragous after all the little inuendo flirting going around with Carth...
*KOTOR SPOILERS*

You don't actually see anything. They just say that thre'll kiss each other, the screen fades and then the screen comes back and Bastila is saying how she shouldn't have kissed you.

*END OF SPOILERS*

cate_kroft
22-09-06, 18:43
Ah, you forget I mod the stuffing out of these games and have most of the dialog memorized! Also have handy little modding tools that let me pull this from Kotor 2:

HK: Speculation: But I suspect I was not the only one left behind, so there is some satisfaction that the disrespect was spread through the rest of his whiny, simpering meatbag allies.

PC: Whiny?

HK: {Weary, like talking about bad relatives}Statement: Oh, yes. My master had quite the collection of tortured individuals that seemed unable to confront their basic personality conflicts.

HK: Let me cite some specific examples.

HK: {This is a line that HK-47 is playing back in Carth's voice, mocking his lines from the first game, do it over the top, have some fun}"Oh, master, I do not trust you! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!"

HK: {This is a line that HK-47 is playing back in Bastilla's voice, mocking his lines from the first game - do it breathlessly}"Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"

HK: Conclusion: Such pheromone-driven human responses never cease to decrease the charge in my capacitors and make me wish I could press a blaster pistol to my behavior core and pull the trigger.

HK: I am pleased that this does not seem to be the case with your current entourage.

PC: Uh... right.

:jmp:

Alive_and_Funky
22-09-06, 18:47
Ah, you forget I mod the stuffing out of these games and have most of the dialog memorized! Also have handy little modding tools that let me pull this from Kotor 2:

HK: Speculation: But I suspect I was not the only one left behind, so there is some satisfaction that the disrespect was spread through the rest of his whiny, simpering meatbag allies.

PC: Whiny?

HK: {Weary, like talking about bad relatives}Statement: Oh, yes. My master had quite the collection of tortured individuals that seemed unable to confront their basic personality conflicts.

HK: Let me cite some specific examples.

HK: {This is a line that HK-47 is playing back in Carth's voice, mocking his lines from the first game, do it over the top, have some fun}"Oh, master, I do not trust you! I cannot trust you or anyone ever again!"

HK: {This is a line that HK-47 is playing back in Bastilla's voice, mocking his lines from the first game - do it breathlessly}"Oh, master, I love you but I hate all you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"

HK: Conclusion: Such pheromone-driven human responses never cease to decrease the charge in my capacitors and make me wish I could press a blaster pistol to my behavior core and pull the trigger.

HK: I am pleased that this does not seem to be the case with your current entourage.

PC: Uh... right.

:jmp:

I completed KOTOR today and achieved the light side male's ending. I've started re-playing KOTOR 2 today. :D

cate_kroft
22-09-06, 18:58
I'm trying to see if he ever said anything like that in the first game. I had almost forgotten just how many great lines HK had. Still haven't found anything like that scene but being a Star Trek fan as well, I couldn't help but to share this one: (from Kotor 1)

HK: Explanation: Then you qualify as my master and I must refer to you as such. The legal requirements for models of my type are very specific, master.

PC: What legal requirements do you mean?

HK: Answer: Simply that the distinction between 'killer' and 'killee' be a clear one. I cannot kill of my own volition, naturally.

PC: I don't think 'killee' is a word.

HK: Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!

Alive_and_Funky
22-09-06, 19:02
I'm trying to see if he ever said anything like that in the first game. I had almost forgotten just how many great lines HK had. Still haven't found anything like that scene but being a Star Trek fan as well, I couldn't help but to share this one: (from Kotor 1)

HK: Explanation: Then you qualify as my master and I must refer to you as such. The legal requirements for models of my type are very specific, master.

PC: What legal requirements do you mean?

HK: Answer: Simply that the distinction between 'killer' and 'killee' be a clear one. I cannot kill of my own volition, naturally.

PC: I don't think 'killee' is a word.

HK: Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!
Is that a Star Trek reference then?

cate_kroft
22-09-06, 19:05
Is that a Star Trek reference then?

You must not have seen the original Star Trek series. A pity, you are truly missing out.

Dr. McCoy is famous for his "Dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a {insert whatever}". Although he never actually said "dammit" on the series because it was the 1960s. Kirk was the first person to ever say "hell" on TV though. :cen:

Alive_and_Funky
22-09-06, 19:17
You must not have seen the original Star Trek series. A pity, you are truly missing out.

Dr. McCoy is famous for his "Dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a {insert whatever}". Although he never actually said "dammit" on the series because it was the 1960s. Kirk was the first person to ever say "hell" on TV though. :cen:
I've seen a couple of episodes of Star Trek from the 1960s a few years ago, but I can't really remember it.

Another reference in KOTOR is to the film 'Finding Nemo'. In one level you have to find a Jedi called Nemo. :D

PirateRose
23-09-06, 03:43
Another reference in KOTOR is to the film 'Finding Nemo'. In one level you have to find a Jedi called Nemo. :D

That was so silly...XD

So I was at my new job today, at Wal-Mart, and I noticed they are playing Star Wars: New Hope on all the television sets. Then I realized something

Atton is suppose to be like Han Solo, is Mical suppose to be like Luke?

Atton calls Mical Kid on a few occasions, Solo calls Luke kid all the time. They both get into a spat over the girl, (although I don't think Luke counts in this case cause their siblings...unless Exile and Mical are really siblings....just wrong ew....but he does quilify for the annoying little brother type doesn't he...)

What do you think?

Alive_and_Funky
23-09-06, 12:11
That was so silly...XD

So I was at my new job today, at Wal-Mart, and I noticed they are playing Star Wars: New Hope on all the television sets. Then I realized something

Atton is suppose to be like Han Solo, is Mical suppose to be like Luke?

Atton calls Mical Kid on a few occasions, Solo calls Luke kid all the time. They both get into a spat over the girl, (although I don't think Luke counts in this case cause their siblings...unless Exile and Mical are really siblings....just wrong ew....but he does quilify for the annoying little brother type doesn't he...)

What do you think?
I know Atton was supposed to be like Han (I noticed that straight away) but I don't know about Mical, since I've only just started a female play-through on KOTOR 2, so I've not actually met him yet.

PirateRose
23-09-06, 16:30
Hey, is there a mode where you can change the lightsaber colors? I want to make a pink lightsaber...and make Mical carry it around....

>.>
<.<
>.>

Alive_and_Funky
23-09-06, 17:17
Hey, is there a mode where you can change the lightsaber colors? I want to make a pink lightsaber...and make Mical carry it around....

>.>
<.<
>.>
I don't know since I don't use mods, but I think you'll be able to find it.

cate_kroft
23-09-06, 18:06

I thought I made one... crap that's for Kotor 1. Although I think the "violet" lightsabers look awfully pink to me I'll see about making some new color crystals. Is the lightsaber in this preview on the page here (http://d9studios.net/game/mk1_colors.html) (remember to click the little one to see it fullsize), pink enough? (If so, I'll just convert the K1 mods to K2. :D)

PirateRose
23-09-06, 21:14
yes, it is perfect ^.^
thanks Cate! I've been doing a little research while trying to write this little sorta fanfic, but I'm makeing up an entirely new cast of characters, Canon chracters only make a minor appearance, and even then they are the minor Canon charactors. I had to make a KOTOR timeline to make sure I had things in order. Maybe this can help some of you guys out if any of you should need a KOTOR timeline. If anyone notices I missing any important stuff, I know I am missing birthdays, please tell me IF YOU KNOW IT!:

4,019- The first portions of the Jedi Temple are built on Coruscant.

4,015- Jolee Bindo and a partner begin smuggling items for the starving peoples of the Ukatis system.

4,014- Canderous Ordo is born.

4,012- Great Droid Revolution
Jolee Bindo and Andor Vex are captured by Dimean raiders led by Kraat. In the ensuing struggle, Andor is killed by Kraat, accidentally destroying the Dimean forces in the process. Jolee Bindo manages to escape.

4,000- The city of Anchorhead on the planet Tatooine is founded.
The Beast Wars of Onderon end.
Galactic Republic Chancery election; Sidrona Diath becomes Supreme Chancellor of the Old Republic.
The Great Sith War begins.
The Talaani Shipyards are established on Tallaan.
The Basiliskans chemically poison their own planet of Basilisk, in a last effort to defeat the Mandalorians.
A fuel mining colony is established on Peragus II. (approximate date)

3,996- The Great Sith War ends.

3,995- The Great Hunt begins by the Jedi to exterminate the terentateks

3,994- Carth Onasi is born.

3,990- The Sith holocron of Adas is uncovered by Queen Amanoa of Onderon. (approximate date)

3,986- Conclave on Exis Station

3,983-The Great Hunt ends

3,983?-3,980?- Atton “Jaq” Rand is born.

3,976- Mical “the Disciple” is born. Brianna “the handmaiden” is born. Visa Marr is born.
The Mandalorians began attacking worlds on the Outer Rim, but the Galactic Senate decided not to declare war. The Mandalorians began stockpiling captured resources in preparation for invasion.
Zaalbar was branded as 'madclaw' and was banished from Kashyyyk after attacking his brother. He was later captured by slavers.
Jolee Bindo exiled himself in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk around this time.

3,974-Mira is born

3,970- Mission Vao is born

3,965- Mandalorian wars begin.
Gladiatorial death-matches are outlawed on Taris. Bendak Starkiller retires in disgust over this new policy.

3,963- A number of Jedi disobey the Jedi Council and join the Mandalorian Wars on the Republic side, including Revan, Malak and the Jedi Exile
Juhani is born and her parents flee from Cathar for Taris, though when her parents die, Juhani is sold into slavery
The first recorded sighting of what is possibly a Yuuzhan Vong coralskipper, by Mandalorians under the leadership of Canderous Ordo in the Crispin asteroid field
Many of the Zabraks of Iridonia, including Bao-Dur, join the Republic military to fight the Mandalorians out of revenge

3,962-Eres III is nearly destroyed by Mandalorian hands, while at the same time the Xoxin plains are intentionally set on fire and continue to burn, even twelve years later. The Mandalorians nearly devastate planet Duro, forcing the Duros to evacuate and relocate.

3,961- The Exchange is driven off Taris for a time, thanks to Revan's intervention.
Juhani is freed from slavery.
Revan and Malak discover Star Maps on Kashyyyk and Korriban.
Brejik takes command of the Black Vulkar gang on Taris.
Cassus Fett becomes the most wanted man in the galaxy.

3,960-Mandalorian wars end.
The Jedi Exile willingly strips her connection to the Force and is exiled by the Jedi Council.
Revan and Malak vanish into unknown space with a third of the Republic flee

3,959- Jedi Civil War
Revan reveals himself as Dark lord of the Sith. General Derred, Mon Halan, Atton Rand, and Admiral Saul Karath join the Sith. Under the orders of Darth Malak, Admiral Karath's fleet devastates Telos
The terentateks awake from their hibernation when Revan and Malak rise to power
3,958- Griff Vao leaves Taris with Lena, abandoning his young sister, Mission.
3,957- Revan is defeated onboard his flagship after Malak turns against him. Bastila Shan brings Revan back to the Jedi, who use the Force to strip his memories and create a new identity for him
3,956- KOTOR1 takes place.
Star Forge is destroyed.

3,955-Revan disapears outside the Outer Rim.
Darth Nihilus becames Sith Lord casting Darth Traya out.
The Jedi Civil War ends.
The First Jedi Purge begins.

2,952- Jedi Conclave of Katarr, this prooves a failed meeting and the Jedi go into hideing.
Visas Marr joins the Sith

3,951- KOTOR2 takes place

3,951-3,900- The Jedi Order is re-established.

PirateRose
24-09-06, 05:35
I'm not sure where I got this from, but I thought I'd share it. Its not mine in any way, but I wish it was my creation...XD

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5115/carthvsatton123vm9.png

Alive_and_Funky
24-09-06, 10:42
I'm not sure where I got this from, but I thought I'd share it. Its not mine in any way, but I wish it was my creation...XD

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5115/carthvsatton123vm9.png

Thanks for the time-line, by the way. It's very interesting.

EDIT: Replacing Daniel Craig in Casino Royale...

Dur, Bao-Dur.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6752/kotorpic5cl9.png

PirateRose
25-09-06, 03:06
My first impression of Bao-Dur...

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3320/comic5fg8.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3922/comic6gs1.jpg

Now I think he's awesome thanks to the Bao-Dur fan base out there. They've turned him into the cutest thing. ^.^

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4242/k2irresistableiibyaimoht3.jpg

Ward Dragon
25-09-06, 16:08
:p These comic strips looks so weird to me because I used a different character model for my female exile play through, but they are still hilarious:D I react that way to T3-M4 too...

Alive_and_Funky
25-09-06, 17:57
:p These comic strips looks so weird to me because I used a different character model for my female exile play through, but they are still hilarious:D I react that way to T3-M4 too...
I find T3-M4 cute too. :D

I'm currently playing KOTOR 2, I forgot that Kreia doesn't like me being nice. :mad: :p
I'll probably post screenshots of my Jedi Exile soon.

Ward Dragon
25-09-06, 18:03
I find T3-M4 cute too. :D

I'm currently playing KOTOR 2, I forgot that Kreia doesn't like me being nice. :mad: :p
I'll probably post screenshots of my Jedi Exile soon.

Kreia doesn't like you being evil either :p

Alive_and_Funky
25-09-06, 18:06
Kreia doesn't like you being evil either :p
I know! When I was playing on the dark side she always threw a fit when I done something evil. I can't do anything right! :vlol:

Ward Dragon
25-09-06, 18:11
I know! When I was playing on the dark side she always threw a fit when I done something evil. I can't do anything right! :vlol:

I know...She's true neutral. No matter what you do, it's wrong:p

Alive_and_Funky
25-09-06, 18:13
I know...She's true neutral. No matter what you do, it's wrong:p
That makes it hard gaining influence with her too, unless you don't mind getting the opposite alignment points which you're aiming for.

PirateRose
25-09-06, 21:35
You can never please Kreia, but for some reason she keeps hanging around. Till she goes nuts when you meet the Jedi Masters in Dantoonie.

Is it just me or does it just seem strange that Atton got his ass kicked by Kreia???

1.because its an old lady beating up a grown man.
2. because why? what was her reasoning behind beating up Atton?

cate_kroft
26-09-06, 16:24
You can never please Kreia, but for some reason she keeps hanging around. Till she goes nuts when you meet the Jedi Masters in Dantoonie.

Is it just me or does it just seem strange that Atton got his ass kicked by Kreia???

1.because its an old lady beating up a grown man.
2. because why? what was her reasoning behind beating up Atton?

I thought it was because she couldn't, or had trouble, breaking through his defenses and that annoyed her. She hated Jedi and Sith so I doubt she liked finding out about his past as well. If the Exile is female then that adds more to her annoyance since he's always trying to "charge up her loading ramp". :cln:

It is possible to please Kreia and stay LS if that's what your doing. Try picking the more neutral or the "not evil but not showing weakness" dialog options. That's the key with Kreia, show no weakness. Gaining influence with her is important because it's the only way to see the cutscene that helps explain her motives in the game.

cate_kroft
26-09-06, 16:35
Found some great Kotor fanart on deviantART. Here are some funny favorites:

Admiring Leads to Stalking 3 (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14846081/)
Questionable Innocense (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/34600331/)
The Tryst (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39931340/)

Alive_and_Funky
26-09-06, 18:40
Gaining influence with her is important because it's the only way to see the cutscene that helps explain her motives in the game.
I remember that cutscene on my first play-through. I think I'm full light side now so I can now focus on gaining influence with Kreia.

PirateRose
26-09-06, 20:35
Oh well, i've seen that little cutscene.

Wish everyone had a little cutscene from their pasts.

oooo cate, I didn't see that second one. ROFL Thats funny!

The third one is a favorite of mine, just because Carth gets pwned by a gizka.
rofl although, the first one is appealing simply because Mical gets raped by Mandalore. XD

Its odd, I didn't know quarters existed in the Star Wars universe...XD

Alive_and_Funky
26-09-06, 20:42
Found some great Kotor fanart on deviantART. Here are some funny favorites:

Admiring Leads to Stalking 3 (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14846081/)
Questionable Innocense (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/34600331/)
The Tryst (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39931340/)

I love the first and second ones. :D

PirateRose
27-09-06, 00:41
Has anyone heard about KOTOR/Old Republic in general novels? I had gone to the book store today and noticed a section dedicated to tons of Star Wars book series. They were all about the New Republic, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, all those guys. I did see a novel about Darth Bane in the front that just came out, but that was just one.

I've seen actual official comics, which I'm sure you guys have heard also. I think they take place dureing the Mandalorian wars, but I've yet to see any novels.

I was just curious, as I seem to think in my head I'm writing something worthy of a KOTOR novel.

I really should do something about my pride. XD

Alive_and_Funky
27-09-06, 15:33
Has anyone heard about KOTOR/Old Republic in general novels? I had gone to the book store today and noticed a section dedicated to tons of Star Wars book series. They were all about the New Republic, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, all those guys. I did see a novel about Darth Bane in the front that just came out, but that was just one.

I've seen actual official comics, which I'm sure you guys have heard also. I think they take place dureing the Mandalorian wars, but I've yet to see any novels.

I was just curious, as I seem to think in my head I'm writing something worthy of a KOTOR novel.

I really should do something about my pride. XD
I've heard about the KOTOR comics and books too, they seem to be set before the games. :)

Does anybody know where I can find an HK unit vocabulator and a lightsaber lens fixture on KOTOR 2? Thanks.

PirateRose
27-09-06, 16:26
I remember I got my lens fixture after helping one of the refugees off of Nar Shadaar. I believe it was the guy with the wife stuck in the refugee camp who gave me mine.

I don't remember about the vocabulator.

Alive_and_Funky
27-09-06, 16:28
I remember I got my lens fixture after helping one of the refugees off of Nar Shadaar. I believe it was the guy with the wife stuck in the refugee camp who gave me mine.
Where is he? I'm currently on Nar Shaddaa now.
I don't remember about the vocabulator.
Okay. Thanks anyway. :)

PirateRose
27-09-06, 16:37
He lives in the apartments next to the docks and where the Hutt guy lives.

You have to break into some doors. You'll see a bunch of thugs and criminals, but around the corner you should find him in one of the apartments. I think the very end apartment is like Mira's apartment or something, and its locked. Unless you have Mira already. There should be an alien guy trying to get off the planet, and then the guy next door to him.

I love getting that guys wife to him, its one of those cases that the creators actually made something sweet in gaining light sided points, instead of the cliche average ones, like save the person from getting beaten up and then give them money.

*edit: I'm off to school now, but I'll check the thread when I get there to see if you figured it out, okay?*

Alive_and_Funky
27-09-06, 17:08
He lives in the apartments next to the docks and where the Hutt guy lives.

You have to break into some doors. You'll see a bunch of thugs and criminals, but around the corner you should find him in one of the apartments. I think the very end apartment is like Mira's apartment or something, and its locked. Unless you have Mira already. There should be an alien guy trying to get off the planet, and then the guy next door to him.

I love getting that guys wife to him, its one of those cases that the creators actually made something sweet in gaining light sided points, instead of the cliche average ones, like save the person from getting beaten up and then give them money.

*edit: I'm off to school now, but I'll check the thread when I get there to see if you figured it out, okay?*
I think I know where you mean. I saw a commoner in one of those apartments. Thanks for the help. :)

PirateRose
27-09-06, 18:32
Alright, heres a topic to discuss, that is, if you have completed KOTOR2. Otherwise, I guess don't get involved unless you don't care to be spoiled!!!!

*SPOILERS for KOTOR2*

What do you guys think about Atris? My first impression was that I thought she'd be a cool character, but then she started verbally attacking me and no matter what I said I was wrong somewhere in there.

A classic Aristotelian tragic protagonist. She's trying to do good things and be perfect, but her downfall is her own arrogance of being perfect. So although I think she's a big witch with a B, I find her a facinateing character.

She is in all white, thus signifying that she should be a good, pure, clean character, but she's not. I don't recall this being said in the game, perhaps I missed a convo option, or the fact that I'm often speedly clicking through the convo with Atris when I replay the game, but recently I read at Wookieepedia.com that she made a huge mistake that killed many Jedi.

After the Jedi Civil War, Atris rallied a secret Jedi Convocation on Katarr, a colony world of the Miraluka. However, only the Jedi themselves believed in the secrecy of this council, as Atris spread information about its location, hoping to draw the attention of the Sith and make them reveal themselves. However, the Sith threat, in the form of Darth Nihilus, surpassed all expectations of the Jedi, including Atris herself. Nihilus proved to be too powerful for the Jedi, who found their deaths on Katarr. Atris, having not gone to Katarr, survived.

Nice work, eh? She tries so hard to be perfect, but in the end, she is symbolically a second Darth Traya. That of which couldn't be more clear by Kreia's actions with Atris, and the fact Kreia relates to Atris.

*End spoilers, cause you stink for not finishing the game already...jk*

Alive_and_Funky
27-09-06, 18:38
*KOTOR 2 SPOILERS*

Nice work, eh? She tries so hard to be perfect, but in the end, she is symbolically a second Darth Traya. That of which couldn't be more clear by Kreia's actions with Atris, and the fact Kreia relates to Atris.
There is a point to that too. Apparently, at the end of the game you would fight either Kreia or Atris, both of them being different Darth Trayas. Apparently, this was cut out of the game a few weeks before release.

*END OF SPOILERS*

PirateRose
28-09-06, 04:23
I think Atton subscribes to this magazine...

http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=missionfz7.jpg

found it at the KOTOR media site.

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 16:38
I think Atton subscribes to this magazine...

http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=missionfz7.jpg

found it at the KOTOR media site.

I met Mical today on KOTOR 2. I've also taught him to feel the Force. :cool:

PirateRose
28-09-06, 16:38
Alright gang, time to go into spazzy fan mode!

KOTOR the movie! XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12BNudcR6s&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qagFBihCy6M&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ORwSTWgGc&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9qE752DCVc&mode=related&search=

*screams and freaks out cause of the awesomeness* Anyone know if this is real? XD

*note, I did see the poor editing in the first video, the bike part is from Jedi Academy*

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 16:43
They are pretty cool trailers, but I find it funny how the maker acts like it's real and makes excuses for the poor sound quality and such. :D

PirateRose
28-09-06, 17:11
I am now currently in a battle with this guy over PM. He says this is a real 2 hour long DVD (funny, I thought I read 3 part DVD set somewhere...) and that I should do my research. I asked him if this is a fan movie or not, and then said that I hope his ass doesn't get sued by LucasArts.

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 17:13
I am now currently in a battle with this guy over PM. He says this is a real 2 hour long DVD (funny, I thought I read 3 part DVD set somewhere...) and that I should do my research. I asked him if this is a fan movie or not, and then said that I hope his ass doesn't get sued by LucasArts.

I doubt he'll ever admit it isn't real. LOL

PirateRose
28-09-06, 17:21
Okay, so the other day I decided to run the Character Excercise I like to do on many characters on my KOTOR fanfiction character Saken Rehm, who I believe I have previously mentioned. What I basically do is throw my character in a situation to try and bring out their personality so I have a better idea of that character. I don't normally do this with fanfiction, but whatever! What I always love about these things is that they don't always end how I expect them too. I originally never meant to have Atton pop in, this was suppose to be an arguement between Carth and Saken, but judgeing by their true personalities, I can't see them really argueing. Enjoy my little one page personality study.

"So Saken, why didn't you follow Revan to join in the Mandalorian Wars?" Carth asked.
"Well, Admiral Onasi, I would think that an inappropriate subject to discuss with you. Let's keep our opinions to ourselves on that matter."
"In other words, he's an arrogant asshole who didn't want to protect those dieing in the outer rim, and he doesn't want to admit it," Atton broke in suddenly.
"No, it wouldn't be that exactly. I was seventeen years old, a little young to be going into battle I would think, but in your case Atton being of similar age, that wouldn't be a good enough reason. To put it in your terms, I was told by my superiors not to go to war, which you do not want to out right ignore your superiors commands, especially if you are loyal to them,"
"Well I followed my superior's commands and that didn't exactly turn out to be a good idea, and Carth's superiors betrayed him,"
"That would be correct, but don't we all think at some point in time to be loyal no matter what?"
"But people were dieing," Carth said.
"Just forget it Carth, he's not from the outer rim, he wouldn't care about the people that died out there" Atton said.
"Yes that is right, so why should I care. I had a very close companion of mine who was from the outer rim," Saken said, "It was incredibly difficult for her not to go. She had come into the Jedi Order at six years old, and therefore had a pretty good memory and attachment to her family. It was difficult for me to watch her, because I could sense it in her. The desire and the concern for her family,"
"But what is your reasoning, why didn't you go," Carth asked.
"The Jedi fight for peace, the Jedi fight to protect, the Jedi fight for justice, the Jedi fight to defend. They do not fight to kill, a true Jedi looks for a peaceful solution that would not involve the lose of precious life, no matter who the opponent is,"
"Contacting the Mandalorians for a peaceful solution, that’s sounds brilliant," Atton rolled his eyes.
"Therefore the problem," Saken said, "Contacting the Mandalorians proved very difficult. In the end, it was better to stay out of it and remain neutral,"
"I like to think of those Jedi who joined in the wars as heroes," Atton said, "They saved us, they protected us, unlike cowards like you who stayed behind in your little Jedi temple, safe and away from harm,"
"Yet, Atton, you seem to forget what happened to all those Jedi, your heroes all fell to the dark side, your hero's became murderous criminals, your heroes became dark Jedi, they became Sith. Your hero's destroyed entire worlds in the outer rim, not giving a damn about the loyal Republican Troops who stood on its surface, let alone the innocent lives that lived there. Your heroes fought over power, and they killed themselves."
"Yeah, "Atton voice rose as he spoke, "and Atris didn't call a bunch of Jedi into a secret meeting, and alert the Sith about it. Then not show up herself to the meeting and "unintentionally" have all the Jedi there killed by Darth Nihilus. Then of course, there was the council who would not accept the Exile back after she started the rebuilding of the Jedi Order and after she saved their asses getting them together back to Dantoonie to rebuild the order,"
"I didn't realize they were in any trouble before," Saken spoke calmly, "I had heard that they were in hideing, and were safe,"
"No, they were being hunted, like all the Jedi," Atton spoke harshly, "They had bounties on their heads, just like you did too I'm sure,"
"Do you at all feel guilty, that all those lives were killed and destroyed during the Wars, and that you did not save them?" Carth asked.
"I do not regret my decision," Saken said.
"Of course not, you’re a cold hearted *******," Atton yelled.
"Think what you like Atton, but you are in no position to be judging," Saken said in a low voice, "Now if you don't mind, I would like this conversation to end, the decisions were made over a decade ago, the War ended then too, I think its time to move on,"
"Agreed," Carth said with a slight sigh.
"Fine by me, cold hearted *******," Atton said.

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 17:28
"and Atris didn't call a bunch of Jedi into a secret meeting, and alert the Sith about it. Then not show up herself to the meeting and "unintentionally" have all the Jedi there killed by Darth Nihilus.

I really liked it. It gives an additional understanding of a Jedi's point of view of the Mandalorian Wars. Also, you can tell that Saken Rehm is much like the Jedi Masters, not regretting his decision. :)

PirateRose
28-09-06, 17:48
Yes exactly.

The game series doesn't really have much of a strong character that sticks with the Councils Decision. We have guys like Carth and Atton voiceing how they think the council was wrong, but no one on the other side really, who is light sided and supports the councils decision. As it is, Bastilla and Atris both went dark side, anyone else is just really minor characters who follow you around and do what you say. The Masters who show up are only there for a little bit and in KOTOR2 they are friggen jerks treating the Exile like that. So the Council Decision really looks bad now doesn't it?

Thus Saken is there to be a major counter and give some justice to the Council Decision of the matter.

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 17:49
What other fan-fics have you done?

PirateRose
28-09-06, 18:00
Not a lot to be honest. Concerning Tomb Raider, I did one on James Rutland a while back, but then got bored with it. I did one where I had Lara Croft training up a young girl to be a Tomb Raider.

For KOTOR, I have this little fanfic that I'm really enjoying writing about Saken. Then Several little random splurbs on Atton, as I love him so much.

Then I have my version of the ending of KOTOR2, the whole Jedi Female Exile and Atton angst thing that apparently sucks according to this one KOTOR fan. meh...oh well.

edit: not to mention, my little goofy comic thing a few posts back. Yeah, thats apart of a whole story thing, that unfortunately KOTOR2 decided to delete all my saves, so I have to start from the begining...X.x

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 18:03
edit: not to mention, my little goofy comic thing a few posts back. Yeah, thats apart of a whole story thing, that unfortunately KOTOR2 decided to delete all my saves, so I have to start from the begining...X.x
Your game saves have been erased?! I wouldn't be able to survive if that happened! :yik:

Which goofy comic was it?

PirateRose
28-09-06, 18:08
The one where my Exile and Atton are caught off gaurd by Bao-Durs voice.

That is truely how I felt when I met Bao-Dur. I was so confused and I really felt like I was going to go asleep!!!

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 18:12
The one where my Exile and Atton are caught off gaurd by Bao-Durs voice.

That is truely how I felt when I met Bao-Dur. I was so confused and I really felt like I was going to go asleep!!!
Someone on IGN Boards said that Bao-Dur sounds like he's trying to seduce you. :vlol:

BTW, my Jedi Exile has the same face as yours. :)

PirateRose
28-09-06, 18:31
I think that face is the best, because the hair just rocks.

Although, when I first played this game, I played with the blonde haired one with the boyish like haircut. Has to be my second fav to this one.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3323/ziabl3.jpg

A lot of them are pretty ugly looking, I wish they'd put more effort into the appearances, even though you don't look at them all the time.

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 18:38
A lot of them are pretty ugly looking, I wish they'd put more effort into the appearances, even though you don't look at them all the time.
I know what you mean. I've not seen any of the other female faces for the first KOTOR game, but there are only about two or three male faces which I like. My favourite is probably the blond-haired Korean-looking face.

EDIT: This is the face I'm talking about.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9872/kotorpic3ga5.jpg

PirateRose
28-09-06, 18:48
I hated all the faces for KOTOR1.

There was a redheaded one, with her hair back in a little braid and this little bit of hair comeing down in front of her face that I thought was the only decent looking one. I pretended she was Lara Croft. rofl

I think the male faces look better then the female. I think this is because they focus more on the male audience for these games, and not so much for female. I mean, the NPC's look better then them for goodness sake. Though I really think KOTOR2 put a little more effort for the female audience the KOTOR1. Hopefully if there is a KOTOR3, it will be a little more balanced. I think this game series has a large female fan base much more to what most would think its size is. Maybe thats why they are makeing it so that the Exile is female. with KOTOR1 and with Jedi Academy, they made the character male. I'm not sure if there are any other Star War games where you get to custom your own character (besides Galaxies, as there is not one major character), but I wouldn't doubt they are all considered to truely be male.

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 18:53
I wasn't too keen with the male faces for KOTOR 2. Did you know that one of the faces is meant to resemble David Beckham? ROFL

Do you ever play as a male character? I like to play as male and female. :)

PirateRose
28-09-06, 18:57
I play male character like for a few seconds, but then I get really bothered by it. Not sure what it is, I get so accustomed to it being female, that switching over to male gets me all antsy because I can't flirt with Carth and Atton any more. *rofl* Although, I was disapointed to find you can't do anything with Mira as a male in KOTOR2, (because they cut it out the jerks..) which is just stupid because she's ten times cooler then Handmaiden.

Another case of Handmaiden and Disciple sucking...

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 19:00
Flirting with Bastila is fun, just to listen to her remarks. :D

PirateRose
28-09-06, 19:10
Bastilla would have to be the one I really, really don't like from KOTOR1. They did a really good job makeing her a prissy, stuck up, witch with a big B. When you first meet her, and she starts insulting you, its like, WTF, I just saved you, not thanks at all?

*spoiler*

Actually, when I first started playing I perdicted she would go dark side, and was happy to kick her butt when she did.

end spoiler

Although, I do hear that male Revan makes Bastilla all nervous and stumbleing in her words, which would be a delight to see.

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 19:12
Bastilla would have to be the one I really, really don't like from KOTOR1. They did a really good job makeing her a prissy, stuck up, witch with a big B. When you first meet her, and she starts insulting you, its like, WTF, I just saved you, not thanks at all?
I know this may sound weird, but how she was a prissy, stuck up witch was what made me like Bastila. I like her for other reasons too though.Although, I do hear that male Revan makes Bastilla all nervous and stumbleing in her words, which would be a delight to see.
That was what I was talking about. It's very funny. Hehe.

PirateRose
28-09-06, 19:19
I know this may sound weird, but how she was a prissy, stuck up witch was what made me like Bastila. I like her for other reasons too though.

Thus the reason I congratulate the writers/developers for makeing such a good character. As I don't like her, they did a good job developing her. XD

Alive_and_Funky
28-09-06, 19:22
Thus the reason I congratulate the writers/developers for makeing such a good character. As I don't like her, they did a good job developing her. XD
I agree, they done a very good job. Also, when looking at some of the male faces for KOTOR, I can't undertsand how Bastila could be attracted to some of them. :confused:

PirateRose
28-09-06, 19:40
They basically put tons of effort into the NPC party member appearances, because thats what we would be looking at most of the time. The characters we have to chose from on other hand we would be seeing the back of their heads most of the time. So they just basically slapped together some appearances.

Ward Dragon
28-09-06, 22:31
Although, I was disapointed to find you can't do anything with Mira as a male in KOTOR2, (because they cut it out the jerks..) which is just stupid because she's ten times cooler then Handmaiden.

And Visas is 100x cooler than both of them combined :p

Anyhow, I didn't like the PC faces in both games either. For Kotor I, I had a female character who had a black ponytail, although I thought her face was too angular. For a male character, I had a guy with shoulder-length black hair. For Kotor 2, I had a female exile who had shoulder length black hair (I thought she was pretty but had a little too much make-up) and I had a male exile who looked very similar to my male character from Kotor 1 (he was hot:D). Other than those, I thought most of the character designs were ugly.

cate_kroft
28-09-06, 22:43
Here are my (custom made :D) PCs for K1 & K2. I need to make new screenshots though, these are kind of blurry...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/cate_kroft/mariana_1.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/cate_kroft/maia_1.jpg
KotOR 1 on the left and KotOR 2 on the right.

PirateRose
28-09-06, 23:15
And Visas is 100x cooler than both of them combined :p

Yes, she is. How could I forget to mention her!!! *ashamed*

The only problem I have with Visas Marr is she has like zero free will. Her "life is yours"

Perhaps its just because I've yet to unlock the right convos with her, but heck, I did get her to go lightside!

PirateRose
29-09-06, 01:15
Here's some interesting math for you guys.

I've noticed in some places people are frequently saying Carth is old, frequently being said in many places too old for female Revan or something like that. This is probably from stupid teenagers but whatever. He's about 38 in KOTOR1.

Now, Kreia, trained Revan when they were both light sided jedi on Corusant. Kreia was a Jedi Master before the Mandalorian wars, she was casted out before the wars started. While training with Kreia, Revan and Malak started going around to other Masters in the galaxy with their hunger for knowledge. Many of the Jedi Masters they encountered saw as a good thing rather then a bad thing. But in order for them to be able to do that, to travel around the Galaxy by themselves with out their masters, Revan and Malak would have to be in the teens. So lets say when the wars started in 3,976 bby, they were about 18 years old. 3,976 +18 (since the years go backwords like BCE) Revan's birthday would be about 3994. Carth's birthday is in 3994.

Did anyone ever think that Revan and Malak were in their late thirties approaching forties? I certainly didn't think of that.

*snickering edit* came up with a little joke about Kreia. I noticed that no one lists her birthyear but they do list her death year. Kreia is so old they don't know her birth year, they only know her death year. rofl!!!!

Ward Dragon
29-09-06, 16:14
The only problem I have with Visas Marr is she has like zero free will. Her "life is yours"

Not true at all. Visas is quite willful. She is unhesitatingly loyal, which is why she keeps saying that, but if you try to take advantage of her she in effect tells you to **** off :D I liken Visas saying "My life is yours" to Atton saying "I'll follow you to hell and back."

That's an interesting point about the ages of the Kotor 1 characters. I never really thought about it, but I always assumed Revan was older than Carth (not the other way around) so that rumor never occurred to me. As for Kreia being too old for a birthday...:p

PirateRose
29-09-06, 16:37
I liken Visas saying "My life is yours" to Atton saying "I'll follow you to hell and back."

Blasphemy! Thats just blasphemy! Visas my life is yours is so annoying...I feel like I'm some kind of slave driver when she says that. And haveing Bao-Dur calling the Exile, General all the time makes it so formal like I can't really be friends with him. Atton on the other hand sounds like a good buddy, not your slave.

Speaking of the Exiles control on peoples (mwahahaha ha!)while writing my fanfiction thingy about Saken, I came to the realization that he would have to have seen or met the Exile, as he was a padawan on Corusant and a similar age to her. So I was playing around with what her character might be like at the time the Jedi left for the wars. I wanted to see what you guys thought. Yes I am going of the canon fact that it is strongly believed the Exile is female.

"Atheenlia, I wouldn't have to bet that you are dieing to go out there and help your family, help your home planet in the Outer Rim," the crowd all turned looking at her, Saken looked at her and she looked back at him. Saken could see it in her eyes, they even seemed to water a little, quiver almost. She looked back at the crowd, all waiting for her to say something.
"I…I"
"No, she's doesn't," Saken said, "And don't try to use her as a tool to gather people together, it's highly inappropriate,"
"Saken, I think she has her own voice," Avin growled, "So Atheenlia, your decision, do you want to help your family or let them burn and die in the Outer Rim at the hand of the Mandalorians? Do you think we should all remain here and let them die?" Atheenlia stood there frozen, Saken can sense she was trying her best not to start crying. He knew she had on occasion become very home sick, he knew that she had entered the Jedi order a youngling 6 years of age. She remembered her home planet of Telos, she remember her family. She had an attachment still that Jedi should not have, that her master was trying to break of her and Atheenlia knew the importance of breaking such an attachment.
"As a Jedi, you sacrifice your life," she said shakily, "you detach yourself from societies norms, things… like Family do not matter any more as a Jedi," her voice nearly cracked. Avin was caught off guard, his plan did not work. Saken smiled at him and Avin glared back.
"Look at that," a young Jedi woman said, stepping up next to Avin. Saken had seen her around on rare occasions, and did not know her name or who she was. She was very beautiful; she seemed to glow with the force, she seemed like a dream. Her eyes came directly on Atheenlia, piercing and divine, one could not help but get caught up in looking in them, "That’s incredible disturbing for someone to not care for their dieing family. The Jedi Council, is becoming ever more questionable, causing people to become insensitive to precious lives, lives of those they love. We shouldn't be so insensitive to the lives of people we don't know, they need our help. Atheenlia, it is okay if you feel like you want to help them, I can sense your pain and I understand, you came into the order at an older age then most, the council should have never accepted you. But this can be a good thing, now you have the power to step up and save those you love,"
"That’s…that's not fair, don't put me on the spot like that," Atheenlia yelled finally letting go of her tears. She turned suddenly and walked away. Saken stared silently at the beautiful Jedi, whose eyes turned to him. Her eyes were memorizing, pulling. Saken quickly turned, breaking himself from this young woman and looking for Atheenlia, something was unsettling about that young woman.

Alive_and_Funky
29-09-06, 18:26
Speaking of the Exiles control on peoples (mwahahaha ha!)while writing my fanfiction thingy about Saken, I came to the realization that he would have to have seen or met the Exile, as he was a padawan on Corusant and a similar age to her. So I was playing around with what her character might be like at the time the Jedi left for the wars. I wanted to see what you guys thought. Yes I am going of the canon fact that it is strongly believed the Exile is female.

"Atheenlia, I wouldn't have to bet that you are dieing to go out there and help your family, help your home planet in the Outer Rim," the crowd all turned looking at her, Saken looked at her and she looked back at him. Saken could see it in her eyes, they even seemed to water a little, quiver almost. She looked back at the crowd, all waiting for her to say something.
"I…I"
"No, she's doesn't," Saken said, "And don't try to use her as a tool to gather people together, it's highly inappropriate,"
"Saken, I think she has her own voice," Avin growled, "So Atheenlia, your decision, do you want to help your family or let them burn and die in the Outer Rim at the hand of the Mandalorians? Do you think we should all remain here and let them die?" Atheenlia stood there frozen, Saken can sense she was trying her best not to start crying. He knew she had on occasion become very home sick, he knew that she had entered the Jedi order a youngling 6 years of age. She remembered her home planet of Telos, she remember her family. She had an attachment still that Jedi should not have, that her master was trying to break of her and Atheenlia knew the importance of breaking such an attachment.
"As a Jedi, you sacrifice your life," she said shakily, "you detach yourself from societies norms, things… like Family do not matter any more as a Jedi," her voice nearly cracked. Avin was caught off guard, his plan did not work. Saken smiled at him and Avin glared back.
"Look at that," a young Jedi woman said, stepping up next to Avin. Saken had seen her around on rare occasions, and did not know her name or who she was. She was very beautiful; she seemed to glow with the force, she seemed like a dream. Her eyes came directly on Atheenlia, piercing and divine, one could not help but get caught up in looking in them, "That’s incredible disturbing for someone to not care for their dieing family. The Jedi Council, is becoming ever more questionable, causing people to become insensitive to precious lives, lives of those they love. We shouldn't be so insensitive to the lives of people we don't know, they need our help. Atheenlia, it is okay if you feel like you want to help them, I can sense your pain and I understand, you came into the order at an older age then most, the council should have never accepted you. But this can be a good thing, now you have the power to step up and save those you love,"
"That’s…that's not fair, don't put me on the spot like that," Atheenlia yelled finally letting go of her tears. She turned suddenly and walked away. Saken stared silently at the beautiful Jedi, whose eyes turned to him. Her eyes were memorizing, pulling. Saken quickly turned, breaking himself from this young woman and looking for Atheenlia, something was unsettling about that young woman.
I always thought that the Jedi Exile just went to war to protect people, I had never thought about if she wanted to protect her family.
When Atheenlia yells in your passage, you can feel her anger (wait for it, wait for it) which could have led to her fighting in the Mandalorian Wars.

About Malak's, Revan's and Carth's ages, I always thought Revan and Carth were around the same age, but I'm not too sure about Malak since he looks quite older, but they might just be due to his injuries and following the Dark Side.

PirateRose
30-09-06, 03:52
I always thought that the Jedi Exile just went to war to protect people, I had never thought about if she wanted to protect her family.
When Atheenlia yells in your passage, you can feel her anger (wait for it, wait for it) which could have led to her fighting in the Mandalorian Wars.

About Malak's, Revan's and Carth's ages, I always thought Revan and Carth were around the same age, but I'm not too sure about Malak since he looks quite older, but they might just be due to his injuries and following the Dark Side.

I believe there was a misunderstanding, Atheenlia is not the Exile. The Exile is the very beautiful young woman who puts Atheenlia on the spot.

I was hopeing that my description would be a clue, as half of it is how Atton describes her. Appearing to glow in the force and being a dream. Guess I need to twick it some more. I left her nameless because she basically doesn't really have one, and nameing her just seems to kill it for me. The Jedi Exile from my understanding from KOTOR2, not only went to war to protect people, but influenced people to follow, and influenced a lot of people. She is constantly described in KOTOR2 as so damn beautiful, thus the reason I go on and on about her appearance. Thus the reason she turns everyone into Jedi and seems to lead everyone around on a leash. At least in my opinion anyways. Whether the Exile likes it or not, she's cursed with the ability to seriously influence people and have them follow her around like dogs, all of them changeing and altering their lives for her.

cate_kroft
30-09-06, 04:00
That's really good PR. Have you thought of posting it at Fanfiction.com? There's quite a bit of great Kotor fanfic over there and this would definitly top the list. :)

Wish I could read the whole thing but I'm too sick right now to stay at my computer for too long. :(

I was hopeing that my description would be a clue, as half of it is how Atton describes her. Appearing to glow in the force and being a dream. Guess I need to twick it some more. I left her nameless because she basically doesn't really have one, and nameing her just seems to kill it for me. The Jedi Exile from my understanding from KOTOR2, not only went to war to protect people, but influenced people to follow, and influenced a lot of people. She is constantly described in KOTOR2 as so damn beautiful, thus the reason I go on and on about her appearance. Thus the reason she turns everyone into Jedi and seems to lead everyone around on a leash. At least in my opinion anyways. Whether the Exile likes it or not, she's cursed with the ability to seriously influence people and have them follow her around like dogs, all of them changeing and altering their lives for her.

That sounds like my opinion of the Exile as well. If I remember correctly, she had no idea it was the Force that made people follow her. Everyone said there was no "big twist" in K2 like in K1 but I think they're wrong. Finding out you're a virtual slave driver (her followers seem to loose their will) is just as shocking as finding out about Revan. "You're not following me because you like me, you're following me because I'm making you and you have no choice what so ever.". At least Revan could be redeemed.