PDA

View Full Version : Stigmata

Jake Croft
30-08-06, 20:59
On now BBCThree Excellent film about a woman who gets flashbacks of the death of Jesus or something i didnt really understand it too much! :)

Real Life Lara
30-08-06, 21:08
Isnt Stigmata meant to be where you actually seem to get the scars of Jesus' crucifiction? Like you suddenly find these scars in your hands etc where the nails were meant to be o_O Sounds really weird... luckily Im not so supersticious about that sort of thing.

Jake Croft
30-08-06, 21:08
Yup, it happens to a young woman and its in modern day times, its a great movie!

Kamrusepas
30-08-06, 21:10
Isnt Stigmata meant to be where you actually seem to get the scars of Jesus' crucifiction? Like you suddenly find these scars in your hands etc where the nails were meant to be o_O

Yeah, that's it. The woman stars getting these scars. I remember the part where she writes the whole wall full of aramean [is that the right word?], it was cool.

Lenochka
i seen this movie when i was like 10... it was kinda odd

Jake Croft
The funniest bit so far is the prostitutes with the vicar he shows them his collar and one of them says, 'We'll give you the vatican discount' xD

xMiSsCrOfTx
30-08-06, 21:11
Isnt Stigmata meant to be where you actually seem to get the scars of Jesus' crucifiction? Like you suddenly find these scars in your hands etc where the nails were meant to be o_O Sounds really weird... luckily Im not so supersticious about that sort of thing.

Yes. I didn't like this movie much. I saw it for the first time a few days ago and found it kind of boring. Not sure why... The event of Stigmata itself is pretty interesting, though. Very strange.

Neteru
30-08-06, 21:14
Yeah, that's it. The woman stars getting these scars. I remember the part where she writes the whole wall full of aramean , it was cool.[I]It's more commonly known as Aramaic Kam, but Aramean is also acceptable. :)

I remember this being quite a good film when I watched it some years ago.

Kamrusepas
30-08-06, 21:15
It's more commonly known as Aramaic Kam, but Aramean is also acceptable. :)

Okay, thanks :D

It sounds like a really cool language, in one of my favorite movies a guy speaks in Syrian [sp?] Aramean.

Atlantean-Squid
30-08-06, 21:38
On now BBCThree Excellent film about a woman who gets flashbacks of the death of Jesus or something i didnt really understand it too much! :)
ok

Angel666
31-08-06, 00:27
I love that movie so much. Especially when she starts speaking in tongues while she's scratching the car with the broken bottle. And the "Vatican Discount" is one of the most hilarious movie lines ever.

angelika
31-08-06, 12:32
Great movie indeed!

Andromeda66
31-08-06, 12:56
Haven't seen it. Can one find it on the internet?

Jake Croft
31-08-06, 13:20
K last night i finished watching it and i have to admit it freaked me out that some people claim to get these but im glad that she didnt...the worst part was when the room was going all windy and she attacked the father :o