PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X/X-2

TR FAN 18
31-08-06, 10:52
Anyone here play FFX/FFX-2? I'm playing FFX at the moment.

Nephili
31-08-06, 11:33
Im a big fan of the series, and i am currently replaying X at the moment, im near enough at the end, just getting everyones Celestial Weapons, i have gotten Yuna's, Tidus's, Auron's, Rikku's and Lulu's Celestial Weapons.

Im playing Bitzball at the moment to get Wakka's Overdrives and his Jupiter Sigil :p

Rivendell
31-08-06, 11:44
I've played them, completed 10, not completed 10-2.

Didn't enjoy either as much as FF 6/7/8/9 though, and X-2 was just.. it didn't have the FF feel.

TR FAN 18
31-08-06, 12:03
I'm trying to beat Omega Weapon in FFX and I'm finding it really hard.

Nephili
31-08-06, 12:14

I found it hard at first, do you have any of the Celestial Weapons? Auto-Life is also a good spell to have.

TR FAN 18
31-08-06, 12:24
I found it hard at first, do you have any of the Celestial Weapons? Auto-Life is also a good spell to have.

Yep. Can't find the last item required to remove the No AP effect from the Masamune. I don't have Auto-Life. I ran out of L4 Spheres. How can I get more?

Nephili
31-08-06, 12:34
I just randomly got them in battles, just train up a little in the Omega Ruins, sometimes enemies drop Level 4 Key Spheres.

Real Life Lara
31-08-06, 15:13
Hey, Im stuck in X-2 chapter 2 at Macalania woods o_O Anyone know where the blue butterflies you have to find are? I think I have one already, a ring that you jump through on the treetop bit, but I cant find the other one. Thanks in advance if anyone can help :p :whi:

Jake Croft
31-08-06, 15:16
On FFX im onto where you just get Auron and youre on the grassy road thing cant be bothered to do more yet

Kamrusepas
31-08-06, 15:32
I've played through both twice [didn't complete FFX-2 the second time, it was taken away from me]. I do have FFX but no PS2 :(

MiCkiZ88
31-08-06, 15:46
Ive played both games throught a couple of times.. and ffx2 through 100% :)

Just started replaying ffx and I love it! :D

TR FAN 18
31-08-06, 16:12
Hey, Im stuck in X-2 chapter 2 at Macalania woods o_O Anyone know where the blue butterflies you have to find are? I think I have one already, a ring that you jump through on the treetop bit, but I cant find the other one. Thanks in advance if anyone can help :p :whi:

The other one will be somewhere on the path to Bevelle (I think it's called that). I can't remember where exactly it is.

I've got 97% on FFX-2, I dunno what else I'm missing.

Reggie
31-08-06, 16:20
FFX-2 is, in my opinion one of the worst sequels to a game ever. It tarnished FFX in a way I find almost unforgivable. Here's why:

- Everyone except Rikku had a personality transplant. Yuna Rikku and Paine now resembled charlie's angels. Yuna's change was a bit too much for me.

- All the symbolism and clever undercurrents about religion and changing society were completely lost.

- All it had were a few tweeks and additions along with a few extra areas.

- The jobs system ISN'T new contrary to what many might think. This system dates back to FF5 only this time the jobs are now dresses and you can get changed during battle. Not exactly an advancement in my opinion.

- The exploration and travel factor was lost. Apart from a few new areas everywhere else had already been explored in FFX. The airship is there for you from the very beginning making getting from A to B faster than lara in TR:L - not good...

- Another example of recycling were the enemies, most had already featured in the previous game, only this time they've all been given differant names. Is this trying to people into thinking they're new?

What FFX-2 lacked was the invoation of the previous Final Fantasy games and the sincerity of every carefully crafted story and world the games are set in. Everything was very predictable.
Anyway, they're my thoughts on the FFX-2 subject...I'm sure there'll be those who disagree which is fine.

By the way, I'm currently replaying FFX, I'm at the aftermath of the crusaders attack. A great game :)

TR FAN 18
31-08-06, 17:49
There is one thing I REALLY HATE in FFX & X-2. That is BLITZBALL!! OMG!! Who thought of this total rubbish? It's a stupid rip off of Football but much worse. It's WORSE in X-2 you CAN'T control the players. It's like a cheap rip off of Championship Manager.

Reggie
31-08-06, 17:52
I must be one of the few who really likes blitzball. When I'm playing FFX I find myself playing it a lot but with FFX-2 I was completely put off because of how all the thrill was lost. It didn't feel rewarding at all. So I half agree. For the record, I'm not deliberately against FFX-2 but I happen to not like it if that makes any sense lol

Kamrusepas
31-08-06, 17:55
FFX-2 is, in my opinion one of the worst sequels to a game ever. It tarnished FFX in a way I find almost unforgivable.
Exactly. FFs aren't supposed to even have sequels. I think making FFX-2 was completely unnecessary.

EDIT: About blitzball, I got my ex-bf hooked on it when I was playing FFX. He doesn't play FFs otherwise :p

Scottlee
31-08-06, 18:06
I love FF10. I've never finished it though. My last game peaked at about 132 hours. I won about 145 games of blitz on that same file before getting bored.

Melonie Tomb Raider
31-08-06, 18:18
Beat FFX and am still in the middle of X2. I'm not entirely impressed with X2, it seems like Yuna is completely different. :(

I absolutely adore FFX though. Best story ever in any game I've played.

TR FAN 18
31-08-06, 20:01
My total game playing time for FFX is 92 hours and mine for X-2 is 214 hours!

Nephili
31-08-06, 21:20
I must be one of the few who really likes blitzball. When I'm playing FFX I find myself playing it a lot but with FFX-2 I was completely put off because of how all the thrill was lost. It didn't feel rewarding at all. So I half agree. For the record, I'm not deliberately against FFX-2 but I happen to not like it if that makes any sense lol

I really like Blitzball :D

I just need to get Wakka's 2 last Overdrives and the Jupiter Sigil! I cant wait, ive been playing Blitz non-stop all day >.<

TR FAN 18
01-09-06, 13:52
Help! Looking for Mars Sigil for Auron's Celestial Weapon. I dunno how to get it.

Nephili
01-09-06, 22:15
To get the Mars sigil, you have to capture 1 of every fiend in 10 different locations, then go to the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands, and the owner will give it to you.

Its sounds alot of work, but its quite easy and quick.

TR FAN 18
02-09-06, 07:59
OK, thanks.

Now I'm trying to beat the Dark Aeons. I've beaten Dark Valefor but I can't beat the others. Every one of their attacks does 99999. How is this possible?

Nephili
02-09-06, 08:17
The Dark Aeons are extremely hard enemies, ive only beaten Valefor, Shiva and the first fight Ixion. Basically i would just train up loads before taking them on, and try and get Auto-Phoenix on 2 of your characters armor, that helps loads, and Auto-Haste is great. The spell Auto-Life is a good thing to have aswell.

Oh and get your Aeons overdrives up aswell, and set the characters overdrive mode to Comrade, so basically if Rikku gets attacked by a Dark Aeon, and it takes out her life and she gets K.O'd, the other 2 charactersa out at the time, their overdrives will fill up automatically each time.

Good Luck!

Reggie
02-09-06, 10:10
Another small tip is to make sure you have someone on the team equipped with the "initiative" ability if you plan on fighting Dark Yojimbo. If you don't have it equipped, then your party will be instantly taken out by a wakizashi attack (with full damage). Assuming you have break damage limit, you should be fine if you go with mine and Nephili's advice. But I do admit to not being able to beat them all. They are difficult but good luck ;)

TR FAN 18
03-09-06, 09:59
Still training my characters right now. I've got Yuna's strength from 9 to 130 in 2 days. Most of my Aeons have 255 Strength but when I use Anima's Oblivion it only does 6000 per punch which is not good enough.

lee32uk
04-09-06, 00:29
Beat FFX and am still in the middle of X2. I'm not entirely impressed with X2, it seems like Yuna is completely different. :(

you should play ff vii if you like a good story.graphics are a bit dated now but there is a great story there.

TR FAN 18
04-09-06, 08:06
I've beaten Dark Ixion now! I used Yojimbo's Zanmoto. But it cost me 530000 Gil! Is there any way to get him to use it for FREE?

EDIT: Found an easy way to level up my characters. Go to Omega Ruins and do LOADS of Battles and have Double AP. You will then get at least 20000 AP. Highest I got was from 2 Zaurus' and a Floating Death - 68400 AP.

Reggie
04-09-06, 10:27
About Yojimbo, you have to pay him a minimum of 1 gil. Yojimbo will still attack but the likelihood of him using Daigoro (where he uses his dog) goes up whilst the likelihood of Wakazashi and Zanmato (or the the other attack where he throws blades...) goes down. If he uses Daigoro Yuna's relationship falls by quite a lot which means the likelihood of Yojimbo using Zanmato, Wakizashi etc. goes down as well. Bear in mind that so long as Yojimbo doesn't use Daigoro, your relationship with Yojimbo will continue to improve - if this continues then you won't have to spend so much money getting him to use his better attacks, so invest in the relationship now and spend a couple thousand at least if you want to get more for your money in the future :)

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 11:33

I agree.She is so cheeky and cheesy, getting me goosebumps whenever she do that:eek:

TR FAN 18
04-09-06, 13:29
I beat Dark Shiva now!! :jmp:
Now I just got Ifrit, Bahamut, Anima and Magus Sisters. Hardest one I think is Anima coz that stupid Pain attack causes instant death whether I'm Immune or not. Also, Mega-Gravitron is just like Demi but with every status ailment added.

Nephili
04-09-06, 14:55
Ive beaten Dark Valefor, Dark Shiva and the first battle against Dark Ixion, but i havnt gone up against him again or the others yet, because ive been doing the Blitzball Tournaments and Leagues to get Wakka's Jupiter Sigil, i got all his Overdrives! Just gotta do 5 more matches and ill have his Sigil, then ill go for Kimarhi's final weapon also.

TR Fan you should get the Ribbon ability on one of your characters armor, and that will make you immune from any status aliment, so that should help you out alot. It helps me out alot when i go up against Malboro's.

TR FAN 18
04-09-06, 15:07
Yep, Yuna has the Ribbon ability. I also have 4 Dark Matters so I could use them for another 2 Ribbons. Characters I use are Tidus, Yuna & Auron. I still need to get the Mars Sigil for the Masamune. But I'm not catching monsters at the moment.

YES! I got Yojimbo to use Zanmato for just 1000 Gil! :jmp:
It appears I don't have enough for any more Ribbons. I only needed 2 DMs before.

lee32uk
04-09-06, 22:08
i need to replay FFX as i messed up big time on the sphere grid first time round....didnt know what i was supposed to do :D

TR FAN 18
05-09-06, 07:27
YES!! I beat Dark Bahamut and Anima last night! :jmp:
Now I just got Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters to do.
I went against Yojimbo and Auto-Life was useless. Zanmato killed me EVEN with Auto-Life.:confused: I beat him FOUR times and he came back AGAIN! Now I'm down to 800000 Gil after using Zanmato 4 times. At least I can get the money back by fighting the Mimic in Omega Ruins. They are worth 50000 Gil!
I used the Magus Sisters against Dark Yojimbo and the stupid things take a break ONE TURN BEFORE Dark Yojimbo uses Zanmato.

Nephili
05-09-06, 09:16
YES!! I beat Dark Bahamut and Anima last night! :jmp:
Now I just got Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters to do.
I went against Yojimbo and Auto-Life was useless. Zanmato killed me EVEN with Auto-Life.:confused: I beat him FOUR times and he came back AGAIN! Now I'm down to 800000 Gil after using Zanmato 4 times. At least I can get the money back by fighting the Mimic in Omega Ruins. They are worth 50000 Gil!
I used the Magus Sisters against Dark Yojimbo and the stupid things take a break ONE TURN BEFORE Dark Yojimbo uses Zanmato.

Well done! Ive just finished playing Blitzball and got Wakka's full Celestial Weapon now :D:D:D

So now im training in the Omega Ruins before i take on anymore Dark Aeons.

RAID
05-09-06, 11:46
Try beating Penance...

FFX was OK but X-2 was just rubbish...

TR FAN 18
05-09-06, 12:32
Try beating Penance...

FFX was OK but X-2 was just rubbish...

Who's Penance? How much HP does he have?
Great, now Yojimbo keeps on using Wakizashi, especially during the Dark Magus Sisters.

Nephili
06-09-06, 13:31
Ugh i just did that stupid Butterfly Catching mini-game in Macalania Woods to get Kimahri's Saturn Sigil.

That was the most stupid mini-game in FF history, although the Monkey Mating game in X-2 comes close.

TR FAN 18
06-09-06, 14:06
UGH! I gotta do the stupid Blitzball minigame to get the Jupiter Sigil. I learned the Jecht Shot. It's AWESOME!

Catching the Monsters now. Just beaten Kottos.

Nephili
07-09-06, 06:24
Good luck with Blitzball, i played over 60 matches till i got the Sigil, it appears randomly as a prize in the League. But i think you have to win the rest of Wakka's overdrives first, thats what happened to me anyway.

TR FAN 18
07-09-06, 07:01
I've won 9 matches so far and just got Scout Level 2, so now I can see everyone's stats.

ivannnnn
07-09-06, 07:35
:cln: What is ur fave dresspheres??

me:
-Black Mage
-White Mage
-Floral Fallal
-Lady Luck

TR FAN 18
07-09-06, 08:03
OMG!! I have just been fighting King Cactuar and he used 99999 Needles which does 99999 damage EVERYTIME! :yik:

My fav dresspheres are:

Gunner
Dark Knight

ivannnnn
07-09-06, 08:07
OMG!! I have just been fighting King Cactuar and he used 99999 Needles which does 99999 damage EVERYTIME! :yik:

My fav dresspheres are:

Gunner
Dark Knight
I have finished it,it's easy :jmp:

TR FAN 18
07-09-06, 09:12
Now I'm having problems with Dark Yojimbo he ALWAYS AMBUSHES me! Even Initiative won't work. I get ONE turn and he uses Wakizashi doing 99999 to EVERYONE. Not only that but I have to beat him 5 TIMES! And he has 1,000,000+ HP. Zanmato kills instantly EVEN with Auto-Life. I also can't beat the Dark Magus Sisters, I use Yojimbo, pay him like 800000 Gil and he STILL WON'T use Zanmato or he will use Wakizashi automatically.

I found this vid showing someone beating D.Yojimbo. http://youtube.com/watch?v=FH2sb5RgXlE But I use Tidus, Auron and Yuna and all my other character's stats are rubbish.

Nephili
07-09-06, 10:49
:cln: What is ur fave dresspheres??

me:
-Black Mage
-White Mage
-Floral Fallal
-Lady Luck

My favourite Dresspheres are...

Gunner
Black Mage
Beserker
Lady Luck
Alchemist
Dark Knight
Mascot(Yuna)
Floral Fallel

TR FAN 18
07-09-06, 11:35
YESSSSSS!!! I FINALLY beat the Dark Magus Sisters! :jmp:
But I used Zanmato and it cost me 1,000,000 GIL TO USE!! Now I'm down to 136000 Gil. :( Anyone know an easy way to get my Gil back? I won't be able to beat Dark Yojimbo with just 136000 Gil as Zanmato will cost me 200000 every time.

I know Mimics are worth 50000 but they don't always appear.

RAID
08-09-06, 06:28
I beat Dark Shiva now!! :jmp:
Now I just got Ifrit, Bahamut, Anima and Magus Sisters. Hardest one I think is Anima coz that stupid Pain attack causes instant death whether I'm Immune or not. Also, Mega-Gravitron is just like Demi but with every status ailment added.
Actually beleive it or not, Dark Bahamut is the worst. After you hit him five times, he counters with impulse which deals slow even to Aoens and with ribbon armor. It might other status but I don't know.

Anima is easy for me.

And Magus are only hard if you fight them all three together. But if you run to the left into the next screen and keep running the road (as if you were headed for operation Mi'Hen, the three dark summoners will follow, but Dark Cindy will get tired and you'll end up fighting Sandy and Mindy (Meaning no Delta Attack) then you head back and kill Cindy, easy fight.

Penance is the meanest B:cen:H

RAID
08-09-06, 06:35
YESSSSSS!!! I FINALLY beat the Dark Magus Sisters! :jmp:
But I used Zanmato and it cost me 1,000,000 GIL TO USE!! Now I'm down to 136000 Gil. :( Anyone know an easy way to get my Gil back? I won't be able to beat Dark Yojimbo with just 136000 Gil as Zanmato will cost me 200000 every time.

I know Mimics are worth 50000 but they don't always appear.

Yojimbo is the easiest one. He's Very weak against magic so have Lulu Doublecast Ultima and have the other two Copycat (If you're at a high level that is)

Also you can beat him with any Aeons. You'll need 50,000 + HP though. With an Aeon with that amount of HP, keep his/her health above 50,000 all time, and when he's about to use Zanmato, use Shield. Dark Yojimbo's Zamnato doesn't cause death but 99,999 damage, so you can reduce it.

Have protect also and since dark Yojimbo is weak against Magic heal you Aeons with Doublecast Drain. Since Curaga only heals 13,000+ and can only be cast once per turn. Drain deal/heals 15,000+ so you can get about 30,000 HP per turn.

That's about it I think.

:)

TR FAN 18
08-09-06, 07:35
OK, thanks. But I don't have 50000+ HP. Tidus has 22000, Auron has about 23000 and Yuna has 27000. I have no more HP Nodes to activate on the Sphere Grid.

RAID
08-09-06, 10:15
Do you have any empty nodes?

TR FAN 18
08-09-06, 11:57
LOADS! But I don't have any HP Spheres or any Spheres to change the nodes.

RAID
08-09-06, 15:28
You can get them by killing Iron Clad in Monster Arena, and to unlock him you need to capture many Iron Giants/Gemini.

You'll get two after every battle.

With many clear spheres and HP spheres, I got 50,000+ HP characters. And with HP + 30% and HP+20% I reached 80,000+ HP.

It's really cool. You'll barely need healing :D

Yuna´s Wish
08-09-06, 15:40
But so much HP steals all the fun!:D

TR FAN 18
08-09-06, 15:46
Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH2sb5RgXlE

Someone beat Dark Yojimbo with all characters at 9999 HP. But he uses Tidus, Rikku & Wakka. I'm using Tidus, Yuna & Auron. I found an easy way to level up. I fight the King Cactuar with the character I want to level up. Set their Overdrive Mode to Comrade and Auto-Abilities: Overdrive -> AP & Double AP and I get at least 100000 AP! I had 27 moves on the Sphere Grid after 5 minutes.

Yuna´s Wish
08-09-06, 15:47

Someone beat Dark Yojimbo with all characters at 9999 HP. But he uses Tidus, Rikku & Wakka. I'm using Tidus, Yuna & Auron. I found an easy way to level up. I fight the King Cactuar with the character I want to level up. Set their Overdrive Mode to Comrade and Auto-Abilities: Overdrive -> AP & Double AP and I get at least 100000 AP! I had 27 moves on the Sphere Grid after 5 minutes.
Yojimbo is not that difficult, except for its Zanmato, but he uses that technique after 4 or 5 turns, so you know when to place an Aeon as a shield. It´s possible to defeat it with 9999 HP

RAID
08-09-06, 16:07

My best way is:

Armor with
Overdrive->AP
Triple AP
Triple Overdrive
Auto-Phoenix

Set one to Stoic and the other two to Comrade
Fight Don Tonberry and attack only with Stoic character.
When he gets close enough flee and you'll get 99 SLvs in one battle

RAID
08-09-06, 16:09
Yojimbo is not that difficult, except for its Zanmato, but he uses that technique after 4 or 5 turns, so you know when to place an Aeon as a shield. It´s possible to defeat it with 9999 HP
Zanmato is possible to survive. With protect and Shield on, an Aeon gets 50,000+ damage, so if have near or above 60,000 your Aeon will survive. :)

Yuna´s Wish
08-09-06, 16:27
My strongest Aeon had around 40,000 HP:p

RAID
09-09-06, 05:58
Close enough :p ;)

Which Aeons btw?

Yuna´s Wish
09-09-06, 06:06
Hi Justin:wve: It´s a bit late here (3.30 a.m.):p
My strongest aeons were the Magus (Cindy or Sandy I think)

RAID
09-09-06, 08:10
Mine's Anima. 99,900+ HP :whi: don't remember the last two numbers

Took me a hell lot of time to get her there though.

I would've used another 96 Power Spheres to get her to 99,999 but all nines would've looked boring :p

My weakest is Mindy, 85,000+ HP.

TR FAN 18
09-09-06, 10:25
I just captured every monster. Not 10 of every one though. I just beat Neslug, he was hard. It was really annoying when he crawled back into the shell and gained 300000+ HP every turn. I thought 99999 was the limit, how can he go above that? OK, I've got Overdrive -> AP, Triple Overdrive and Auto-Phoenix. I'm now gonna get the Triple AP.

Oh no! I'm down to 1 Wings of Discovery. How do I get more? I tried the Chocobo race and all I got was a Potion. I don't want to have to Bribe enemies for them.
I just got 743296 AP off Don Tonberry! I went from 0 to 34 moves on the Sphere Grid! Did it with:
Overdrive -> AP
Triple Overdrive
Double AP
Auto-Phoenix

OMG!! PAL version has differences to the NTSC version! http://www.eyesonff.com/ff10/ffxpaldifferences.php
I have the PAL version.

RAID
10-09-06, 07:40
Wings to Descovery can be bribed from Malboro/Great Malboro, or by defeating Shinriu in Monster Arena :)

TR FAN 18
10-09-06, 09:13
Yeah, but I need to Bribe over 1,000,000 for it. And I'm down do 550000 right now. OK, I've beaten Dark Yojimbo 4 times, chased the guy all the way to the entrance, so what do I do now?

Also, I only get 1 WOD from Shinryu.

Scottlee
10-09-06, 09:16
That's where I stopped playing, when I got tired of capturing all the monsters for the battle arena. I think I got ten of every creature for all but 2 or 3 of the areas. I wasn't far away from finishing the task. I might go back to it at some point.

RAID
10-09-06, 10:01
Monster Cathcer is the worst sidequest. Probably even more annoying than lightning dodger. Especially those Tonberries in Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.

TR FAN 18
10-09-06, 10:10
I caught every Monster. But catching 10 of EVERY one is gonna be hard, especially those stupid Tonberrys and that Barbatos (he has 95000 HP) in Sin.
I HATE the Lightning Dodger sidequest. I got 77 but then failed. How in the world am I supposed to get 200?! :hea:
I HATE BLITZBALL! :hea: I played against the Kilika Fangs and EVERY player used Venom Tackle. The maths is screwed. My player had 12 EN and the opponent had 10 ATK. He had a LOWER attack than my endurance, yet he STILL GRABS the :cen: ball.

RAID
10-09-06, 11:30
Hope this helps:
For lighting dodger grab a pen and paper and draw 20 boxes. Every time you dodge 10 pause the game, mark one box and take a break. Then restart counting from 1 to ten and keep repeating the process untill all 20 boxes are tiked.

This actually helps a lot cause you won't have that much pressure that a big number may cause you.

No encounters helps.

Nephili
10-09-06, 13:42
Here is a video showing a neat trick to the Lightning Dodge thing, this is how i managed to do it.

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNLTLC6K6Pk)

RAID
10-09-06, 14:19
I actually found a faster way than that. A little farther to the north from that hole, there's a bump on the rod which 2 thunders strike one right after the other. After a few seconds two more strike.

Nephili
10-09-06, 14:43
Wow! I never knew that way, probably would have helped me alot. I got really frustrated with it, i dodged 197 bolts and then got hit >.<

RAID
10-09-06, 14:45
That happened to me once and I just quit playing and haven't touched the game for months.

Hybrid Soldier
10-09-06, 14:46
I've only played FFX, haven't played X-2 yet. I really enjoyed FFX though! Like the characters.

RAID
10-09-06, 14:48
I hate X-2, and the character I like most is Auron. I hate Tidus the most I think. If I were to play X-2 again, I'd avoid saving Tidus... :)

Trigger_happy
10-09-06, 19:21
i have to admit, FFX-2 was my first final fantasy and i like it. The battle system is very good, and i quite like the class system, but sometimes its a bit crazy and some of the classes are really hard to level up.

RAID
11-09-06, 08:24
i have to admit, FFX-2 was my first final fantasy and i like it. The battle system is very good, and i quite like the class system, but sometimes its a bit crazy and some of the classes are really hard to level up.

This feature is available from chapter 3 onwards from the first play, and also the fastest way I discovered.

First head to Luca to win lady luck. when you're playing sphere break (Mine against Shinra) chose a coin which gives Item, and you might get the Treasure Hunt GG. The grid gives Mug ability.

You can also get the Horn of Plenty GG from bikanel island (the locked treasure chest). The key can be found in a dig in the central expense. This GG give nab Gil ability.

Once you have one of the GGs, head to Besid cloister of trails. Equip one of these 2 GGs, lure bracer and set the cursor to Memory in the config.

Set the cursor on Mug/Nab Gil. And keep using these abilities. This results in gaining 1 AP with every hit, not to mention an item/ some gil(only with first hit). Anyway, you will gain 1 AP everytime you hit the enemy even if they're out of gil or items. What's important is that you hit. You will also gain 1 ap with every defeated enemy.

This helps alot especially if you're trying to master alchemist, berserker and Mascot.

Note: If you have AP Egg equip it and you'll recieve 3 AP with every hit and 3 AP with every fiend killed.

Feel free to ask if you have difficulties :)
Hope this helps.

TR FAN 18
11-09-06, 09:21
YESSSSSS!!! I beat Dark Yojimbo and Penance last night. :jmp: I used Yojimbo's Zanmato on Penance. There must have been another way, but it had 12,000,000 HP and would take HOURS to beat without Zanmato. HOWEVER, it cost me ALL my Gil so now I'm down to 0.:( Anyone know an easy way to get Gil?

I'm now playing FFX-2 and have got 97%. I dunno what else I'm missing. I need to find 2 Dresspheres, Mascot & Trainer. I still got to find some GGs. Also, I HATE that Sphere Break minigame! Luckily I found a cool site which shows you the BEST moves to make. It's a program called "I Hate Sphere Break." However, it seems to be gone now. It was here: http://aeroleviathan.com/projects/
With that I was able to get a MASSIVE Echo Bonus.

RAID
11-09-06, 14:43
Mimics in Omega Ruins give lots of Gil. And equip Gillionaire to get even more.

TR FAN 18
11-09-06, 15:08
Oh yes, I forgot about them. 50000 for each one. 100000 on Gillionaire. Plus 950 from the Zaurus too.

But I'm playing X-2 right now.

Trigger_happy
11-09-06, 16:39
on X-2, whats everyone's favourite class? At the mo, ive taken to using gunner,gunmage and samurai, with rikku being my magey lady.

TR FAN 18
12-09-06, 07:06
I'm using Gunner and 2 Dark Knights. Yuna is my Gunner. Rikku & Paine are the Dark Knights.

I'm doing Beclem's stupid shooting minigame, and the score I gotta beat now is 3033! How am I supposed to get that?! What's the easiest way to rack up points?

Also, does anyone know how to get Ultima without having to go through 3 Gates on the Megiddo GG?

TR FAN 18
12-09-06, 17:54
Please can someone delete this post?

Sorry for double-posting, I didn't realise I already posted. :(

Trigger_happy
12-09-06, 21:11
im probably wrong, but is it possible to get an item that gives you Ultima? I have one that gives me Demi. I also think i heard that if you have Arcana skills, you can use abilites you learnt as a Blck knight. Im sorry i cant help, i havent got Black knight and i dont really know all the final fantasy "fluff".

TR FAN 18
13-09-06, 06:49
Ultima is Black Magic right? Then, why isn't it on the Black Mage Dressphere? It's not on the Dark Knight DSP either. If it was on one of the Dresspheres, I would think it would be LOADS of AP to learn. I'm still trying to get the Trainer & Mascot DSP.

Just got 3307 Points in the Gunner's Gauntlet! There's a "BLIND SPOT" where the enemies CAN'T attack you.

Nephili
13-09-06, 11:02
Ive never been able to work out why Ultima isnt there, and Holy isnt on the White Mage either. But using the Alchemist i managed to mix 2 items which made Holy, i cant remember what they were though!

See if you can find a mixing guide online, you might be able to find something on there.

ivannnnn
14-09-06, 07:56
Holy: Mix two holy water.The abilities called Archangel.....it's week
Ultima: maybe mix 2 Supreme gems

TR FAN 18
14-09-06, 08:17
OK. I got 99 Holy Waters and 99 Supreme Gems.

Now there's one thing that's REALLY BUGGING me. It's underground in Bevelle, that huge machine spinning around. Well, if you look up the top behind it there's a TREASURE CHEST. Now how in the world do I get it? The location is "Bevelle - Gaol."

ivannnnn
14-09-06, 08:25
TR Fan,wait a minute

I'll search though

ivannnnn
14-09-06, 08:44
Those are accessories called Bloodlust and Wring

to get Bloodlust accessory:

Under Bevelle in the area with the moving cages where the "you-know-who" is
held captive as seen in the spheres. When you first come here, you will see
moving cages, the switch for controlling the cages is out of view. To see it
just walk along the very left side of the whole arc shaped pathway,
pushing towards the left edge at the same time.

If you done this correctly you will see a pit with a switch at the bottom
(giant symbol switch) step on it (Press X or O depending which version of
the game you are playing), climb up back to the arc pathway. Directly
across the pit at the right edge of the arc shaped pathway is where you
can jump to the top of the cage. That is if you happen to have the cage to
the suitable height. If not go back to the switch and activate it again.
Play around.

If you have successfully jumped to the top of the cage a mini event occurs
between Yuna and Rikku. Rikku will control the switch this time while Yuna
goes for the treasure. This treasure is in one of the background's arc shaped
pathway with doors. You can actually jumped to the background's arc shaped
pathway from the cage. The treasure is on the very left side on the top most
arc shaped pathway (There are 3 pathways available)
Trial and error is important here. Don't lose your patience.
Available in SL2, SL3 & SL5

To get Wring accessory

Under Bevelle in the area with the moving cages where the "you-know-who" is
held captive as seen in the spheres. When you first come here, you will see
moving cages, the switch for controlling the cages is out of view. To see it
just walk along the very left side of the whole arc shaped pathway,
pushing towards the left edge at the same time.

If you done this correctly you will see a pit with a switch at the bottom
(giant symbol switch) step on it (Press X or O depending which version of
the game you are playing), climb up back to the arc pathway. Directly
across the pit at the right edge of the arc shaped pathway is where you
can jump to the top of the cage. That is if you happen to have the cage to
the suitable height. If not go back to the switch and activate it again.
Play around.

If you have successfully jumped to the top of the cage a mini event occurs
between Yuna and Rikku. Rikku will control the switch this time while Yuna
goes for the treasure. This treasure is in one of the background's arc shaped
pathway with doors. You can actually jumped to the background's arc shaped
pathway from the cage. The treasure is in the door with the blue glow.
(left side of the background's arc shaped pathway) Walk into it and you will
emerge out of a place with the treasure box lying there.
Trial and error is important here. Don't lose your patience.
Available in SL2, SL3 & SL5

TR FAN 18
14-09-06, 08:47
Thanks, but I just found out. Bloodlust sucks. Now I'm trying to get the Wring.

ivannnnn
14-09-06, 08:51
GOODLUCK :wve: :D:D

What music do u like??
I like Macalania Woods music and Bevelle :jmp:
so melodious..:)

TR FAN 18
14-09-06, 09:25
Just got the Wring. That also sucks. Magic +80 but Def -20.

ivannnnn
14-09-06, 09:34
Just got the Wring. That also sucks. Magic +80 but Def -20.
:vlol:

U haven't answer my question yet?? :mis:

TR FAN 18
14-09-06, 09:36
Oh whoops. The music I like:

Battle
Boss
Aeon Battle
Leblanc Battle
Sphere Hunter

ivannnnn
14-09-06, 10:06
Do u hate Leblanc?? :mad:

TR FAN 18
14-09-06, 10:36
I did hate having to fight her all the time. I think I had to battle her and Logos & Ormi about 9 times. It did get annoying. But, no I don't hate her. I do hate Tonberrys though!

I just got the Trainer DSP. But I'm STILL at 97%. I'm pretty sure I've done all the Episodes & Sidequests. What do I have to do to get another 3%?

Trigger_happy
14-09-06, 18:37
i quite like fighting leBlanc. I dont know hy, but i seemed to kill them quite easily, and alwyas in the same order, Ormi, Logos and then Leblanc. When i got to her, i had some fun with her...

I love the music when you go into the tunnels in the old place, whose name aludes me....Where your old summoner friend hides in the pit.The music sounds a lot like the Sissor sisters "The skins".

TR FAN 18
15-09-06, 07:06
I have just been doing Sphere Break (I HATE IT) and on the LAST turn the "1 Sphere" came up. My quota was 24/25 and that just made me MAD! :hea:

I beat Shinra AGAIN! It is really annoying when the 1 comes up. It is really annoying especially when you have a HUGE Echo Bonus.

Real Life Lara
15-09-06, 07:15
GOODLUCK :wve: :D:D

What music do u like??
I like Macalania Woods music and Bevelle :jmp:
so melodious..:)

Ooh ooh ooh... Macalania Woods too, as well as Road to the Farplane :D I love those.. :wve:

Trigger_happy
15-09-06, 17:09
I have just been doing Sphere Break (I HATE IT) and on the LAST turn the "1 Sphere" came up. My quota was 24/25 and that just made me MAD! :hea:

I beat Shinra AGAIN! It is really annoying when the 1 comes up. It is really annoying especially when you have a HUGE Echo Bonus.

Spherebreak sounds sooo hard, i only tried it once and got soundly thrashed.

TR FAN 18
16-09-06, 09:51
I once found a really good coin for Sphere Break. I found an Omega Weapon Coin and it's effect was "Quota X4." That means each coin used with that is worth FOUR. Combine it with Echo Bonus for MASSIVE points. You can find it at Bikanel Island in the Excavation minigame.

gene195
16-09-06, 18:44
i must say that omega and ultima weapon were both a joke in ff-x i had
heard from tons of ppl how hard tehy were but they were so ****ing easy
i beat both using anima alone any1 else find it tis easy?

Trigger_happy
16-09-06, 18:46
is ultima the character with the most fun attack ever- MegaDeath? MY friend said it was quite difficult, as it kept killing everyone with that attack.

Neteru
16-09-06, 18:47
Welcome to the forum gene. Please take a look at This (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/announcement.php?f=13) Announcement, and particularly the section on censorship.

Thanks.

tombfan91
16-09-06, 19:00
i played both and finished both. i love final fantasy x and x02 a lot. they are especially good to make amv's with lol

Spitfire
16-09-06, 19:17
For me it comes down to two things, the story+characters and the actual gameplay since the graphics were basically the same.

Final Fantasy X Just did it for me, it had me in love with it the entire time, the story still had the beautiful romance between the characters and amazing cast of characters along with the hugely twisting ending that brings me to the sequal.
Final Fantasy XI Had one of the best fighting systems of all the Final Fantasy games, the garment system was thoroughly enjoyable and the fact that you had the choice to make the character how ever you wanted with their leveling up made it that much cooler. I loved how it was in real time and you couldn't just strategize slowly you had to take action fast.

Both had cool characters and graphics but Final Fantasy X definintely takes the cake for the incredible fantasy story with its signature romance between the main characters.

RAID
17-09-06, 07:26
i must say that omega and ultima weapon were both a joke in ff-x i had
heard from tons of ppl how hard tehy were but they were so ****ing easy
i beat both using anima alone any1 else find it tis easy?
You should challenge Dark Bahamut and Penance

Trigger_happy
17-09-06, 09:28
in FFX-2, i thought mean Ixion was the hardest aeon. I had to fight him about 4 times, and he kept "thorrs hammer" -ing me to death.

RAID
17-09-06, 09:32
Paragon is the most annoying.

He uses his Big Bang at anytime and it causes 99,999 damage to all.

TR FAN 18
17-09-06, 09:47
I HATE PARAGON! I have beaten him though. Trema was the hardest though. 999999 HP and he attacks like every 10 seconds. All his attacks did 8000+.
I'm still missing the Mascot DSP. How do I get it?

RAID
17-09-06, 21:24
You have to get every single epsiode complete. Some places like Macalania have 2 episodes. try www.ffx2.net for the walkthrough

Nephili
18-09-06, 10:56
Theres still a few things i need to do in X-2, ive gotten 100%, seen all the endings, but theres a few sidemissions like the Via Infinito i need to do.

Cord_Croft
18-09-06, 19:55
I love FF! im OBSESSED XD. To the point of engraving names onto my ruler at school and grefiting them all over my planner. Sad xD

ivannnnn
19-09-06, 07:07
I HATE PARAGON! I have beaten him though. Trema was the hardest though. 999999 HP and he attacks like every 10 seconds. All his attacks did 8000+.
I'm still missing the Mascot DSP. How do I get it?

U must use Dark Knight then

I forgot how to get the Mascot :rolleyes:

TR FAN 18
19-09-06, 07:10
Yep, I used 2 Dark Knights and a Gunner.

ivannnnn
19-09-06, 07:54
so can u beat Paragon??

TR FAN 18
19-09-06, 07:57
Yep, I did beat him and Trema. Got the ULTIMATE ACCESSORY, Iron Duke. Now one of my characters can do 8000+ Damage even at just Level 40. Getting an Iron Duke for every character is gonna be hard though.

ivannnnn
19-09-06, 08:02
Iron Duke is the best accessory!!! :tmb:

nearly you will finished FFX-2

TR FAN 18
19-09-06, 09:06
Still at 97% though. I dunno what I'm missing. I've been to EVERY location in every Chapter (except 4 obviously). I've also done Fiend Colony, raised the annoying Chocobos and done the Ruin Depths. Yet, none of those changed the %.

Something else that bugs me is the stupid machine in Djose Temple. I try to apply for a raise and the stupid thing says I can't! I tried to apply when I started a new game and it said I already applied. I was like "What the HELL?!"

ivannnnn
19-09-06, 09:26
What's the inside of Ruin Depths,TR Fan??(what's ur name ? :D)

The code of Machine :

First: In Djose Temple,find a guy inside the temple..who wants to ask you about password..The password is MARNELA

there's a lot,soon i'll search for you :)

TR FAN 18
19-09-06, 19:19
The Ruin Depths is a big maze and like the Fiend Colony you get no map. You have to find the Amazing Chocobo. There's also a Boss in there called the Anything Eater but he's easy to beat. Only ~36000 HP.

I know the password in the Djose Temple but it's that machine you use to apply for a raise in the Excavation minigame. I can't get a raise! 300 Gil sucks!:hea:

Sorry, I don't feel comfortable giving out my name.