PDA

View Full Version : Resistance Fall Of Man--IGN interview with Ted Price

interstellardave
01-09-06, 12:04
Many know I'm sceptical about some of Sonys claims, and that I think they are genuinely stumbling into the PS3 era. I AM NOT skeptical about Ted Price and Insomniac, however. Their games have given me a lot of fun on the PS2, and have been technically brilliant as well. Resistance is shaping up very well, but it's not just about graphics. What sets the game apart, according to Ted is the processing power being utilized by the game and the fact that the game is 20 gigs! He insists that the game requires 20 gigs, so it can't be made on any other platform. If that's true, and this game turns out as great as it appears, then Resistance may well prove that Sony has something very special with the PS3!

Full article link below:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729630p1.html

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/742/resistancefallofman20060831063455995dg0.jpg

Dingaling
01-09-06, 18:17
Thanks for the article iDave :tmb: Sounds like an extremely great game (Note use of phrase 'sounds like') and that screen you posted is gorgeous! Thanks again iDave :)

interstellardave
01-09-06, 18:20
Thanks for the article iDave :tmb: Sounds like an extremely great game (Note use of phrase 'sounds like') and that screen you posted is gorgeous! Thanks again iDave :)

You're welcome! I'm excited about this game more than any other PS3 game (well, the Naughty Dog game looks great too). All games really are a "wait and see" proposition though... but it doesn't hurt to get excited!

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 18:21
Thanks for the info.
I've been looking forward to this game, it just looks so good!

Dingaling
01-09-06, 18:24
You're welcome! I'm excited about this game more than any other PS3 game (well, the Naughty Dog game looks great too). All games really are a "wait and see" proposition though... but it doesn't hurt to get excited!

R:FOM, Man Croft and Tekken 6 are my definites for PS3. To be honest Tekken 6 is one reason I'm buying a PS3 - I adore the series. When I saw the first trailer for Resistance when it was titled I-8 it never really caught my interest. It was only afterwards that it crept up in my radar, LoL. Funny how things like that happen :D

tlr online
01-09-06, 18:24
Now that looks awesome! Thanks for posting.

interstellardave
01-09-06, 18:34
R:FOM, Man Croft and Tekken 6 are my definites for PS3. To be honest Tekken 6 is one reason I'm buying a PS3 - I adore the series. When I saw the first trailer for Resistance when it was titled I-8 it never really caught my interest. It was only afterwards that it crept up in my radar, LoL. Funny how things like that happen :D

This game caught my eye right away... it looked like a WW1 style game--which would really interest me if someone would do one--but then all of a sudden you see these weird creatures and stuff. I was hooked right then.

Dingaling
02-09-06, 13:01
This game caught my eye right away... it looked like a WW1 style game--which would really interest me if someone would do one--but then all of a sudden you see these weird creatures and stuff. I was hooked right then.

I think because it looked quite World War I thought 'Oh, another one?' I did see some of the other stuff from the trailer like the alien enemies which did make me think 'That does look okay' but it wasn't a game that I was continously looking out for. It's only now after reading up on it myself that it's something I do try to look out for.

I just wish some Man Croft and Tekken 6 news would come out now, LoL.

Leon xXx
02-09-06, 14:57
World war 1? This game is set in the 1950s and world war 1 and 2 didnt even exist in the story. I hope they a split-screen co-op multiplayer.