PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed now officially confirmed for 360!

UNDERTAKER
01-09-06, 13:03
Ubisoft sent us word that Assassin's Creed, the next-gen title that wowed everyone and their mother at this year's E3, is indeed coming to Xbox 360. The latest news confirms what has been rumored for so long and comes hot on the heels of news earlier this week that the game would be coming to the PC. Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360 will be released to coincide with the Playstation 3 version in the first quarter of 2007. The title is being developed by Ubisoft's Montreal team, the same group that has put out gems such as Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

For those that haven't been following Assassin's Creed, we'll give a quick rundown of what you can expect. The game takes place in the year 1191 during the Third Crusade. The main character, Altair, is an assassin out to shape the course of history. Assassin's Creed is an action title with stealth elements, high flying acrobatics, and intense sword combat.

Source - http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/729/729877p1.html

interstellardave
01-09-06, 13:03
Now I'll be able to play it without waiting until I can get a PS3!

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 13:07
:mad:
Why does everything have to come out for that stupid console aswell.

interstellardave
01-09-06, 13:09

Agreed... why did they bother with the PS3 in the first place? :p

thepetemaster
01-09-06, 13:46

:vlol:

Great news for 360'ers everywhere then :tmb:

BtoFu
01-09-06, 14:42
This looks pretty damn cool I have to say, even with that really strong PoP vibe going on. Hopefully the gameplay will match the awesome visuals.

Legend of Lara
01-09-06, 15:20

YES! 360 sux sux sux sux sux sux sux sux!!! Go t34 PS3!!! :ohn:

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 15:36
You know Assassin's creed will be better on the PS3.
You Just know it :mis:

interstellardave
01-09-06, 15:54
It's funny how everyone on this board LOVES the PS3 and so many just laugh at the 360... But when I create a topic today that is positive about the PS3 and one of it's most promising games (Resistance: Fall Of Man) it has still not gotten one single response. I can't win either way! :confused:

illuminati30
01-09-06, 16:14
That game looks fantastic. All we need is the naughty dog game now, for the 360. :D

Assassin's Creed is an action title with stealth elements, high flying acrobatics, and intense sword combat.

Source - http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/729/729877p1.html

Whats next? A Nintendo Wii version, using the Wiimote as a sword? Well you never know, seeing as UbiSoft and Nintendo are like best buddies now!

illuminati30
01-09-06, 16:18

Sorry guys, double post, blame NTL!

illuminati30
01-09-06, 16:19

Loads better! Infact about 450 - 500 better :rolleyes:

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 16:20
It's funny how everyone on this board LOVES the PS3 and so many just laugh at the 360... But when I create a topic today that is positive about the PS3 and one of it's most promising games (Resistance: Fall Of Man) it has still not gotten one single response. I can't win either way! :confused:

Really!?
It seems like everyone on this board loves the Xbox 360 and hates the PS3.
Because it's too "expensive"!

And why does everyone hate the PS3 just for it's price?
It hasn't even been released yet!

illuminati30
01-09-06, 16:30
Really!?

This is a Tomb Raider forum. Most people got into that game via Playstation or PC. Therefore, most people here are fans of Playsation. Try posting anything about up and coming Xbox 360 games, and you will get very little reply. Most people here are Sony fans

Can you think of a better reason? Nobody hates Sony, some people are just a bit ****ed off at their arrogance, and the childish Sony fan boyness sometimes found on this forum. You don't believe me? Look at this very thread. This is a post UT made in good faith about it being a game for the Xbox 360. Some of us are interested in this, and no longer want to hear the MS v Sony battle. Do us a favor and stay on topic, or UT might just have to close it.

K.J
01-09-06, 16:32
I hate fanboys!

interstellardave
01-09-06, 16:33
Really!?

Well the argument goes both ways... we already know it's too expensive and because it hasn't been released yet it might not be as incredible as everyone keeps saying it is. If you look closely though, you can see that the PS3 is definately more loved than the 360 on here. They casually dismiss the 360 with things like "I can't wait for (insert game title here) it should be awesome with the power of the PS3!" It never matters if said game is also coming to the 360. It is just assumed as fact that the 360 is inferior and ALL games on it will be inferior once the PS3 arrives. I just don't think it's as simple as that. Either way I'll be covered though, because all have all 3 consoles! :D

ON TOPIC: Assassins Creed looks to be great on both systems. I really hope they can deliver the kind of gameplay they are promising. It would be a true revolution in gaming!

Lara's Boy
01-09-06, 16:40
I am so glad to hear this news; I have finally decided to buy a 360 instead of a PS3 (for now), and this was one of the games I was most looking forward to! :jmp:

Thanks for great news, UT :wve:

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 16:53

I guess this gives me no excuse to not find out what Assassin's Creed is about then. :D

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:06
I hate fanboys!
I'm not a fanboy. :mad:

K.J
01-09-06, 17:08

Did I say you are a fanboy?

;)

interstellardave
01-09-06, 17:08

This may make people think so, though...

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:09
Did I say you are a fanboy?

;)

No.
But I got the feeling you meant me.

@Dave: Well, all the PS3 exclusives are now coming out for the Xbox 360.
And IMO PS3 is better ;)

K.J
01-09-06, 17:10
No.
But I got the feeling you meant me.

So you consider yourself as a fanboy?

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:14
So you consider yourself as a fanboy?
No.
What I meant was, when you said I hate fanboys, I thought you was implying in some way that I was a fanboy.

Don't worry about it.
It's just me being stupid! :p

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 17:16

Denial. ;)

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:16

Denial. ;)
But i'm not a fanboy ;)
I just prefer Sony. ;)

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 17:18
But i'm not a fanboy ;)
I just prefer Sony. ;)

Seriously, if fanboys were judged by height you would be as tall as a skyscraper.

Lara's Boy
01-09-06, 17:18
But i'm not a fanboy ;)
I just prefer Sony. ;)

Say what you want, it all comes out the same to us :p

:vlol: @Shaun

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:19
Seriously, if fanboys were judged by height you would be as tall as a skyscraper.
Oh shut up Shaun :mad:
Just because I prefer Sony it doesn't mean i'm a fanboy ;)

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 17:21
Oh shut up Shaun :mad:
Just because I prefer Sony it doesn't mean i'm a fanboy ;)

Would a non-fanboy say that the reason people are against the PS3 is because they can't wait for the release date, hm?

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:22
Would a non-fanboy say that the reason people are against the PS3 is because they can't wait for the release date, hm?
Maybee.
I reckone the reason a lot of people don't like the PS3 is because it has been delayed and it is more expensive.

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 17:28
Maybee.
I reckone the reason a lot of people don't like the PS3 is because it has been delayed and it is more expensive.

Look what I've found: http://uks.wikispaces.com/ps3_lies

:D

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:34

Looks to me like you're a Microsoft fanboy ;)

Legend of Lara
01-09-06, 17:37

THESE people are lying.

The PS3 back for example. Those aren't lies. That was the PROTOTYPE! The UNFINISHED version. And why show the back of the 20GB PS3 for comparision while the 60GB has more features, closer to the prototype?!?

And the PS home button is not a 360 ripoff. The 360's home button was a ripoff. Anyone remember PSP that was released before 360? THAT had a home button!!!

I could do this aaaaaaaall day!

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 17:38
Looks to me like you're a Microsoft fanboy ;)

I like all the console makers (Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony) but I'm not impressed with what I've heard about the PS3 and I prefer Xbox 360's current games line-up.

You aren't worthy of using my own phrase against me. ;)

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:39
You aren't worthy of using my own phrase against me. ;)

Oh yes I am. ;)
But you gotta admit, you can't really call me a fanboy.
Chris is the fanboy, agree?

interstellardave
01-09-06, 17:39
THESE people are lying.

The PS3 back for example. Those aren't lies. That was the PROTOTYPE! The UNFINISHED version. And why show the back of the 20GB PS3 for comparision while the 60GB has more features, closer to the prototype?!?

And the PS home button is not a 360 ripoff. The 360's home button was a ripoff. Anyone remember PSP that was released before 360? THAT had a home button!!!

I could do this aaaaaaaall day!

The PSP home button doesn't have any of the features the 360 one has... if the PS3 emulates those features then Sony is copying MS on that one.

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 17:41
Oh yes I am. ;)
But you gotta admit, you can't really call me a fanboy.
Chris is the fanboy, agree?

Chris is a fanboy but so are you. Obviously, you are indenial and blinded by the truth which lies right before your eyes.

What is Assassin's Creed about?

Mad Tony
The PSP home button doesn't have any of the features the 360 one has... if the PS3 emulates those features then Sony is copying MS on that one.
Shall we just quite this 360 vs PS3 argument and get on topic?

Actually Shaun, i'm not a fanboy.
You are a fanboy as well as Chris.
You are indenial and are blinded by the truth which is right before your eyes.

Legend of Lara

Oh, there are "features"? :rolleyes:
"Hi, do you want to go to the Menu?
Yes
No
Maybe
Gimme another 10 minutes to decide"

Maybe Sony wanted to continue with the home button as seen on PSP!

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:44
Yes
No
Maybe

Are we gonna stop this argument!?
I gotta admit, i'm sorta on you're side Chris but you are just taking it to far.

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 17:44
Actually Shaun, i'm not a fanboy.
You are a fanboy as well as Chris.
You are indenial and are blinded by the truth which is right before your eyes.

How can I be a fanboy? I have an N64, GBA, GameCube, PS2 and PSP. I've just decided which console I'm the most interested in. Also, remember my results on the fanboy test and your results?

interstellardave
01-09-06, 17:45
Yes
No
Maybe

You can bring up the menu and change music, send messages, access xbox live and the like in mid-game; you can turn the console on/off; turn your controller on/off as well. It IS a natural--but new step for consoles. Oh, and it also tells you which controller you have (previously a problem with PS2 and Xbox wireless controllers) and the battery status. You have been educated!

Legend of Lara
01-09-06, 17:46
Very well then... I'm stopped arguing with MS d00dz.

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:46
How can I be a fanboy? I have an N64, GBA, GameCube, PS2 and PSP. I've just decided which console I'm the most interested in. Also, remember my results on the fanboy test and your results?
Yes.
But I have an N64, GBA, PS2, PS.
And those fanboy tests were a bit of a joke.

Look, we're gonna keep arguing about this.
You're not a fanboy, i'm not a fanboy.
Chris is a fanboy! :p

interstellardave
01-09-06, 17:47
Who is Chris? Legend of Lara?

BTW, my "non-fanboy" status is well known... ;)

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:49
Who is Chris? Legend of Lara?

Yeah.

UNDERTAKER
01-09-06, 17:51
So...erm...we were originally talking about a game here right? :D

interstellardave
01-09-06, 17:52
So...erm...we were originally talking about a game here right? :D

Yep, Assassins Creed... coming in 2007 for PS3 and Xbox 360... check your local adverts for price and availability. :cln:

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 17:53
Yep, Assassins Creed... coming in 2007 for PS3 and Xbox 360... check your local adverts for price and availability. :cln:

Are you an assassin in the game?

interstellardave
01-09-06, 17:58

Are you an assassin in the game?

Yes, in the 360 version you're an assassin, in the PS3 version you're a SUPER assassin! (Just kidding folks, just kidding...) ;)

Supposedly you have a freedom of movement and action never before seen in a video game, and everyone and everything is interactive in the manner it would be in real life. If a wall section looks climable you will have the chance to climb it--it won't be just for show. There was a lot more I've heard about it, but I can't remember it all.

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 17:59
Yes, in the 360 version you're an assassin, in the PS3 version you're a SUPER assassin! (Just kidding folks, just kidding...) ;)

Supposedly you have a freedom of movement and action never before seen in a video game, and everyone and everything is interactive in the manner it would be in real life. If a wall section looks climable you will have the chance to climb it--it won't be just for show. There was a lot more I've heard about it, but I can't remember it all.
The graphics look awesome.
But that's the PS3 version.
I don't know what the 360 version's gonna be like.

Alive_and_Funky
01-09-06, 18:03

They'll probably be around the same, but I'm not fussed about the graphics. I see great graphics as a bonus rather than a necessity.

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 18:04
They'll probably be around the same, but I'm not fussed about the graphics. I see great graphics as a bonus rather than a necessity.
Same here.
As long as the graphics are ok, i'm satisfied.

interstellardave
01-09-06, 18:04

It'll look just as good! But, if not, I may get it for the PS3 when I get my PS3. I always buy multi-platform games for the system that it's best on. Not just best graphics but other factors apply, like controls. I love the 360 controller, I'm not sure what I'll think of the PS3 controller--I'll have to see. All 360 games have achievements too, which I love. Then there's the online factor--will there be online play or downloads for both?

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 18:05
It'll look just as good! But, if not, I may get it for the PS3 when I get my PS3. I always buy multi-platform games for the system that it's best on. Not just best graphics but other factors apply, like controls. I love the 360 controller, I'm not sure what I'll think of the PS3 controller--I'll have to see. All 360 games have achievements too, which I love. Then there's the online factor--will there be online play or downloads for both?
I heard the PS3 will have a free online mode for downloading demos and stuff.

interstellardave
01-09-06, 18:07
I heard the PS3 will have a free online mode for downloading demos and stuff.

Xbox LIVE is also free for demos and videos--you only pay for playing games over the service. I'm betting you'll have to pay someone to play games on the PS3 service; if not Sony, then the individual game-makers.

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 18:08
Xbox LIVE is also free for demos and videos--you only pay for playing games over the service. I'm betting you'll have to pay someone to play games on the PS3 service; if not Sony, then the individual game-makers.
Yeah.
Probably.
But I heard of some other things you can do online.
Although, I can't remember them.

interstellardave
01-09-06, 18:18
Yeah.
Probably.
But I heard of some other things you can do online.
Although, I can't remember them.

I'm sure Sony will provide the kinds of things XBox LIVE has, like voice mail, voice chat, and more stuff I haven't gotten into yet... If they have something new up their sleeves I'll admit that would be pretty cool! I want both companies to spur each other on to better things!

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 18:20
I'm sure Sony will provide the kinds of things XBox LIVE has, like voice mail, voice chat, and more stuff I haven't gotten into yet... If they have something new up their sleeves I'll admit that would be pretty cool! I want both companies to spur each other on to better things!
Yeah.
Then the Wii comes along and smashes them both! Lol.
Although I think it's a close contest between 360 and PS3.

Dingaling
01-09-06, 18:20
Oh finally they announce it for X360, LoL. This isn't a game that I've really been super interested in but it's great that more people can now play it! I wonder if it'll take advantage of the PS3 tilt controller or not because of the multiple console release.

Tomb Raider Jay
03-09-06, 15:32
Thanks for posting UNDERTAKER! :tmb:

I think pretty much everyone, except the PS3 fanboys - they really wanted AC as a PS3 exclusive :p - knew that Assassin's Creed would eventually be announced as an Xbox 360 game :D

I looked at one of the trailers for this game and I have to say it's very violent, when you see a sword sticking through a guys chest, then peircing out his back - thats violent! :(

It kind of puts me off but I'll wait and see just how violent it's going to get before I decide to whether or not to buy this game.

Another thing though is the screenshots are alittle, erm.....GREY!!! :(
The game almost looks devoid of colour but I suppose that could just be those screens :confused:

Anyway thanks for posting, can't wait to see more of Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360!

Samsdad
25-09-06, 17:32
I am really happy to see that AC is going to the 360. Exclusive games are just too an expensive a hit on the potential market. In teh days when the PS2 was the only major player you could do that, but now things are different.

Now if Crysis would not be a PC exclusive release and the Naughty Dog project would not be a PS3 exclusive I would be a happy gamer.