PDA

View Full Version : 28 Weeks Later

TombRaiderLover
01-09-06, 17:52
Source: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=62626

Britain has been emptied. There's nobody there. It's completely dead. And six months later the Americans arrive to reboot it back up again. But, of course, something goes wrong...

It has been confirmed in recent days that a sequel to Fox's unexpected hit 28 Days Later is currently in pre-production with a 2007 release date pencilled in. Whilst Danny Boyle will not handle directing duties this time around (he has publicly stated in the past that he "doesn't do sequels"), he will produce 28 Weeks Later with Alex Garland and Andrew Macdonald.

The cast is yet to be confirmed but rumours suggest that none of the original actors will be returning for the sequel; Spanish director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, who made the critically-acclaimed Intacto in 2001, has been confirmed as the film's helmer. He will be directing a screenplay written by Rowan Joffe whose previous filmography is relatively sparse. According to some minor industry buzz, however, it appears that the script is currently lacking and needs some major reworking before the cameras start rolling.

Danny Boyle is putting the finishing touches to Sunshine, his latest collaboration with Garland which is an apparent blend of sci-fi and horror; the film is scheduled for release at the beginning of next year.

Lenochka
01-09-06, 17:53
man i love these kinda movies :jmp:

Thanks for the info TRL :tmb:

tr_mitch
Hmmmm not sure what to think.
I loved 28 days later, So if it's anything like the first.... It'll be great.

Legend of Lara
Sounds interesting. One to watch. :D

Lara's Boy
I can't wait to see this one, I enjoyed the first

:wve:

TombRaiderLover
01-09-06, 17:56
Can't believe you all liked 28 Days Later. It was crap. :p

tr_mitch
01-09-06, 17:57
Can't believe you all liked 28 Days Later. It was crap. :p

Its one of the best Zombie films ever.
It owned Resident Evil.

Legend of Lara
01-09-06, 17:58
It owned Resident Evil.

Dude, EVERYTHING owns the Resi movies. The same cannot be said about the games though. :pi:

TombRaiderLover
01-09-06, 17:59
It owned Resident Evil.
The first Resident Evil film was bad, but it was still alot better than 28 Days Later, which I found extremely boring. I couldn't stand the MTV-style quick cuts and shaky camerawork either. I could hardly tell what was going on. A shame, because I love director Danny Boyle's other films (Shallow Grave, Trainspotting.)

Lenochka
01-09-06, 18:00
It owned Resident Evil.

Yeah it owned Resident evil 2 which was total crap... but i dont think it was better then the First RE movie... The first RE just had this awsome... feeling to it... i loved it :)

tr_mitch
01-09-06, 18:02
The first Resident Evil film was bad, but it was still alot better than 28 Days Later, which I found extremely boring. I couldn't stand the MTV-style quick cuts and shaky camerawork either. I could hardly tell what was going on.

*SMACKS TRL*
Whats wrong with you!!!!
Everybody loved it, also got a lot of high reviews.

TombRaiderLover
01-09-06, 18:03
*SMACKS TRL*
Whats wrong with you!!!!
Everybody loved it, also got a lot of high reviews.
And yet Halliwell's Film, Video and DVD Guide gave it no stars. :p They also gave the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake no stars, and the original three out of four. So there. *smacks*

tr_mitch
01-09-06, 18:04
And yet Halliwell's Film

Which means nothing to me since i've never even heard of them. :D

Paperdoll
01-09-06, 18:05
I liked it but there were a few things that I didn't like as well... like the sudden change from "oooh I'm scared ****less" to "I'm supah man and no one can beat me you mean soldier men!!".

I guess we'll have to see what comes out of it...

TombRaiderLover
01-09-06, 18:06
Which means nothing to me since i've never even heard of them. :D
Although it means alot to me since I have a very, very similar taste to that book. Then again, the author hated Quadrophenia and I loved it. :whi: And he thought Dodgeball was fair and I thought it was crap.

ChocChipCookie
01-09-06, 18:11
I enjoyed 28 days, hopefully this will be just as good :)

As long as it doesn't end up as one of those dodgy sequels, as they often tend to........we'll see, I guess ;)

clairelovestlc
01-09-06, 19:21
i thoguth 28 days was good was quite good... liked the alternative endings too

-DEBUG
01-09-06, 19:24
28 Days Later is one of my favourite Zombie style movies (I know the infected aren't zombies) but i don't like the idea of a sequel too much, i wish the Americans would leave our classics alone :(

BtoFu
01-09-06, 19:50
Another ultimately pointless sequel. So if it's set in America...wasn't it established that those infected would die of starvation in a couple of weeks? How can the virus spread if there are no carriers left to spread it overseas? Fox Atomic is is the wuss division of all filmic projects..I scoff my ass off at this line of crap. :D

tr_mitch
01-09-06, 19:52
How can the virus spread if there are no carriers left to spread it overseas?
Birds :)

BtoFu
01-09-06, 19:55
Birds :)

How many pigeons can you see migrating to Florida? :p

tr_mitch
01-09-06, 19:56
How many pigeons can you see migrating to Florida? :p

Lol haven't a clue, But they'll find a way.

Geck-o-Lizard
01-09-06, 20:19
Can't wait! This is one I'll definitely go see when it comes out. I loved 28 Days Later, I just hope this one lives up to my expectations. :)