PDA

View Full Version : Worst Remakes

TombRaiderLover
01-09-06, 18:19
Source: http://movies.msn.com/movies/worstremakes (contains much more detail than the simple list I'm posting below, so go there if you want to know why they're the worst remakes.)

11. Godzilla

10. The Haunting

09. The Longest Yard

08. Rollerball

07. A Star is Born

06. The Stepford Wives

05. Swept Away

04. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

03. The Vanishing

02. You've Got Mail

01. Psycho

CerebralAssassin
01-09-06, 18:20
Superman!:p

tr_mitch
01-09-06, 18:21
I loved Godzilla and TCM.

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 18:23
Godzilla was awesome!
How can that be one of the worst remakes!

Lara's Boy
01-09-06, 18:24
Godzilla was awesome!
How can that be one of the worst remakes!

The one with Matthew Broderick? I hated that one!

Amityville Horror :wve:

TombRaiderLover
01-09-06, 18:31
The one with Matthew Broderick? I hated that one!
Thank God I'm not the only one! I nearly fell asleep.

Mitch - Noooo, TCM is very, very crap!!

Lara's Boy
01-09-06, 18:32
Thank God I'm not the only one! I nearly fell asleep.

Yay for us, lol.....especially the whole "relationship" between Broderick and GZ....so poorly done, imo.

Mad Tony
01-09-06, 18:33
Yay for us, lol.....especially the whole "relationship" between Broderick and GZ....so poorly done, imo.
I thought it was well done.
But there was such good action in that movie.

I think the reason you don't like it, TRL, is because you're biased towards old movies.
You always say the old ones are better.

Paperdoll
01-09-06, 18:33
For some reason I always felt compelled to stay away from Godzilla... so I never watched it :p

TCM was... boring... and boring... and boring. I can't count how many times I looked at the watch waiting for that ***** to come out either from some thing or behind some frozen meat.

TombRaiderLover
01-09-06, 18:38
I think the reason you don't like it, TRL, is because you're biased towards old movies.
You always say the old ones are better.
I like Meet the Parents. I like the Lord of the Rings films. I like Harry Potter. I like Over the Hedge, and several other animated films. And yet they're new films. I like new films if they're any good, and unfortunately alot of them are awful. Cinema is running out of ideas and there are few great actors anymore.

I'm not saying that because a film is fairly recent it's automatically crap. I'm just saying that the vast majority of newer films are crap.

I don't like Godzilla because it's extremely forgettable (I can't even remember one scene from it) and it bored me.

Paperdoll - Exactly. That film was borrrriiiinnnnggggggg.

BtoFu
01-09-06, 19:53
Is there any such thing as a good remake? I can think of maybe two in total that have surpassed their original counterparts. Flawed by definition alone.

Melonie Tomb Raider
01-09-06, 19:57
Stepford Wives. Omg, that movie was horrible! The remake that is.

King Kong was an excellent remake though! :D

BoyTRaider
01-09-06, 20:05
King Kong was an excellent remake though! :D
Ditto! :D

Rivendell
01-09-06, 20:06
I think Kong is an excellent remake, Jackson did an amazing job on that film :tmb:

Dazzy
01-09-06, 20:13
Godzilla was awesome, loved the film.