PDA

View Full Version : Most frustrating gaming moments

MiCkiZ88
03-09-06, 00:25
Have you ever had those moments when you just want to throw your controler to the corner or bash the keyboard with your fists?

I've sure had :D But what was the most frustrating moment you ever had playing a game? Mine most likely was trying to beat god of war in god mode.. and trying to beat Jinpachi in tekken 5 in hardest level :o

jarhead
03-09-06, 00:40
DOA3- the final boss on the hardest setting, first time i played it, i was like WTF stop pushing me back!! :mad:

scoopy_loopy
03-09-06, 00:48
lol mine was when i first got tr4. There was a bug in which during the race for the iris a random door that Ive noticed again, was closed and Von Croy and I couldnt get through. lol, I spent hours and hours looking for a lever.

PirateRose
03-09-06, 01:29
When I first played TR3, I couldn't figure out how to get passed the first spiked wall that you trigger to come at you. and I mean, like, for a long, long time it was this way. XD

I look back now and laugh at my TR naiveness.

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-09-06, 01:42
AOD: Breath of Hades or whatever. :rolleyes: Stupid jumps on those thin pillars were driving me nuts!

TRL: Kazakhstan bike level - 'nuff said. I think I threw my controller at the wall on a few occasions with this one.

Fatal Frame II: Finding the friggin' camera in the first effing level. I was having a gaming retardation day or something.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Getting past the prefects in the library! OMG, I cannot even tell you how much trouble I had with that stupid part. I was literally scared of those damn prefect students (guards/suck-ups in the school :p)..

Erm, I pretty much get frustrated at some point in every game I play, so I'm not going to list them all, but you get the point!

TrojanMan
03-09-06, 01:51
Training Center in Mario Tennis

Fatty McBoomboom in Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. The second half of that fight is so incredibly overwhelming I don't know what the creators were thinking.

Supply Lines in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

There's this seemingly impossible level in Otogi 2 where you have to prevent a bunch of boats from crossing a border. Ugh.

Traveling the Crysler Tower in Parasite Eve

Hall of Water on Proffesional mode in Resident Evil 4

Operating on the Death Doctor's little sister in Trauma Center

Fighting Thor and the Grim Reaper-like dudes that have the candles in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

I know there's more but I can't think of them at the moment.

Blackmoor
03-09-06, 02:47
I don't throw my controller at the wall because I have zero patience and will give up ages before I get that frustrated. But some of the one's I've come close are:

*Killing this one boss in one of the Spyro games... :rolleyes:
*Jak II... getting ambushed by swarms of guards in the water town area. I still don't know how I did that bit. There were other bits in Jak II...but I've blocked them they were that traumatic, lol. :D
*Fear Effect... trial and error gameplay all the way through.
*Catching the snitch in Harry Potter 2... :rolleyes:
*Red Ghost in AoD. Even now I'm not keen on it.
*Those black spirits in ICO...that grab the fairygirl ALL the time, bugged me quite a lot too.

madderakka
03-09-06, 05:50
in Haunting Ground at the end you have to pull up this statue that falls on you before the bad guy reaches you. It took me 3 days, if I wasn't so stubborn I would have quit

Melonie Tomb Raider
03-09-06, 06:06
DMC3 had some super frustrating moments, but it was worth it! :jmp:

Cochrane
03-09-06, 07:39
Most custom maps for the Interstate '82 Battlefield Mod. The goal on these maps is to race right to the end, going through extremely difficult stunts. Of all the maps I have installed, I was able to get to the end in maybe 10%.

Installing Dreamfall - The Longest Journey. I use Windows 2000. The box said the game runs with Windows 2000. I install fine and find that the game won't start. Looking in the internet reveals that the game does not run with Windows 2000 and all the other system requirements on my box (german version) are wrong, too. With a lot of hacking I finally managed to get it to work, but it was not a very happy experience.

Microsoft Train Simulator. Driving for four hours only to derail 5 km from the end of the journey.

Tomb Raider About everywhere. Without walkthroughs, I wouldn't have gotten past the first few levels for every game (except Legend, of course).

thepetemaster
03-09-06, 08:31
Trying to finish Wonderboy in Montser Land - that damn maze!!!

Trying to beat NZ story - Is that even possible?

Getting the Licences on GT. Grrrrr

Loading up Superman64

Devil May Cry 2 - the helicopter boss

Ninja Gaiden - pretty much every boss ;)

TR freak
03-09-06, 08:56
In my time I've broke 3 megadrive controllers and one PS2 controller by smashing it on the ground. I cant remember what megadrive games they were but I know it was mainly due to the fact you couldn't save on the megadrive that made it frustrating. I was only a kid back then and I had alot more temper tantrums. The one PS2 controller I broke was when I was playing crash twinsanity. Right when I was about to get to a save point in the game after not having one in a long while the game crashed. I just slammed the controller on the ground and it fell apart. Guess what I told my mum and dad. When they got home I said "Mum I was playing the PS2 on my bed when the controller slipped out of my hand and smashed on the floor, can you buy me a new one"?

Rivendell
03-09-06, 09:17
Mario. That is such a stressful game - I swear they must use it in Army training barracks to wind people up enough to kill.. Grrr...

Geck-o-Lizard
03-09-06, 09:24
Any game that autosaves rather than letting me save manually, because I invariably end up at a tough bit replaying it over and over for hours when I'd pass it in ten minutes if I just saved halfway through.

Also, anytime the game crashes after a length of time of not saving...

Lone Raider
03-09-06, 09:33
By the time I'd owned TR4 for a year, I had become a TR champion who could fly Lara through the levels like James Bond, winning over audiences of kids who'd sit there breathlessly watching me kick butt - and then I bought AoD.
Namely the fight on the bottom of the Dig - against the skellie - guess who killed me? A bat. I'd forgotten to shoot it at the top of the Dig, managed to make my way down, met the skellie, tried to fight him, ran around like a headless chicken aiming for the bat. The bat however didn't do me the favour of dying, and the skellie had an easy time. That was such a come down.

Well it was topped by the awesome gaming experience that Legend delivered. But AoD surely gave me the collywobbles for its inprecise controls.

Scottlee
03-09-06, 09:58
Shinobi on the Master System, with that boss that came slowly towards you in the form of a dozen or so boxes, and there just physically was not enough to time to shoot them all before they got to you. Annoying.

Most recently, I'm struggling with a mission on Liberty City Stories. It's the one where you have to set fire to a warehouse full of paper machines

VonCroy360
03-09-06, 10:44
Kurtis levels in Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness :hea:
Those ghosts in Silent Hill 4 :hea:
Ropes in Tomb Raider The Last Revelation :hea:
:)

Paperdoll
03-09-06, 10:44
The mini helicopter in the building in GTA Vice City. Never completed that mission.

The last level(s) in Bram Stoker's Dracula for Master System. To this day, after having it for so many years, I still haven't been able to finish it :pi: which reminds me, I might try again today :D

A few levels on Marathon 2 gave me quite a few headaches.

Diablo. That damn ******* is too hard to kill :hea:

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 11:01
I don't smash my controller and games, instead I get a pillow and scream into it. :mad:
Then I get going again

Scottlee
03-09-06, 11:27
The mini helicopter in the building in GTA Vice City. Never completed that mission.

That did my head in. Needed at least ten tries before I did it :hea:

Tomb Raider Master
03-09-06, 12:08
I usually get frustrated at the boss fights or on some really, really difficult parts of the gameplay. For example, Amanda knocking you off the ledge one moment before you kill her (Legend), or the final boss in POP - The Warrior Within.

:hea: :D

rachkitten
03-09-06, 12:20
The most frustrating thing thats happened to me in a game is on Mortal Kombat: Deadly alliance, the final boss is so annoying :hea: :rolleyes:

MiCkiZ88
03-09-06, 13:16

:hea: Gah! I hated that mission.. also forget to mension Metal Gear Solid games in european extreme levels :o

Mad Tony
03-09-06, 14:06
That stupid sea serpent in Legend!
It took me about an hour to defeat him.
I shot down three of the spikes on his hread, but the last one (Top left, nearest the exit)
She never graplled the lever! :hea:

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-09-06, 14:15
That stupid sea serpent in Legend!
It took me about an hour to defeat him.
I shot down three of the spikes on his hread, but the last one (Top left, nearest the exit)
She never graplled the lever! :hea:

Whoa, really? That only took me about 8 minutes to beat! I thought it would take much longer, but the boss was easier than I was anticipating.. :p

MiCkiZ88
03-09-06, 14:19
Whoa, really? That only took me about 8 minutes to beat! I thought it would take much longer, but the boss was easier than I was anticipating.. :p
yup.. it was pretty easy.. lol Ben you should try out God of war.. then say wich sea serpent is tough :D
and to tell the truth.. legend copied the whole battle from god of war.. IT WAS SO SIMILIAR!! :yik:

Dazzy
03-09-06, 14:21
Hmm, I haven't thrown my controller, but I have got pretty mad whilst playing on a certain game, such as Jak 2 I think, or was it Jak 3, the mini game where Daxter has a mallet and whacking snakes. I hated that, took me 100 or so times to successfully complete that mission.

kill bill
03-09-06, 14:23
the only most fustrating game i played.
was the bit in kasakstan on the bike in tr legend.
scince it had really not much check points.:hea:

pretty my 360 controller was wireless.:hea:

Dazzy
03-09-06, 14:26
I can also name a few games which annoyed me on certain levels......

Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Death Egg Zone, I had trouble against the final boss.
Zelda: Link's Awakening: God, I remember one Level where I was stuck for ages, with all those sub bosses.
Spyro: Enter The Glitch(Dragonfly): How slow is this game, slower than a Snail, and I couldn't live with it.

Rickéh
03-09-06, 14:35
All the racing or 'be there in time' moments in GTA: San Andreas :p
I dont have really frustrating games XD

Mad Tony
03-09-06, 14:44
Yeah, but it was just that last one.
For some reason she didn't grapple right.

rika2
03-09-06, 16:10
Age Of Empires I: The goddamn d00ds don't have a formation! They're like, archers at the front and infantry behind, they don't have any tactical formation at all!!!

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 16:24
The most frustrating thing thats happened to me in a game is on Mortal Kombat: Deadly alliance, the final boss is so annoying :hea: :rolleyes:
oh yeah, that Dragon dude:rolleyes::hea:

And I forgot about Jak 2 and 3.
Jak 2 I got stuck in the city where you have to hunt down several cars to blow it down,but I got blasted and hit by their crazy red policemen, I died so many times:mad: :mad: :hea:

Jak 3 I can't remember but still must be about the vehichles part in the desert:mad: :hea:

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 16:29
I can also name a few games which annoyed me on certain levels......

Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Death Egg Zone, I had trouble against the final boss.
Zelda: Link's Awakening: God, I remember one Level where I was stuck for ages, with all those sub bosses.
Spyro: Enter The Glitch(Dragonfly): How slow is this game, slower than a Snail, and I couldn't live with it.
I got no problem with Sonic 2 because I can save wherever I want.So every move he made,I saved and if I died,I load from that last move.:D

Without that save I'll probably won't survive:p And I have all the emeralds and became Super Sonic thanks to my sister for playing as Tails in the special zone.We both collect rings together,but sad Super Sonic can't be used for previous levels like Sonic 3:(

da tomb raider!
03-09-06, 16:45
This is the offical Most frustrating gaming moment ever:
Chasing Catlita in DRIV3R.
But I managed to get there in the end! And I won the game! Ha, ha! I'm so proud! In your face, Reflections...

Dingaling
03-09-06, 16:52
Mercenaries - the last mission. I think I could have killed something if it wasn't for a small tip I managed to find on the internet.

Titanium
03-09-06, 17:03
Oh frustrating gaming moments...

Sonic Adventure 2: Level 15 Crazy Gadget zone. There is a gravity room near the end of the level which is just plain irritating :D

Metal Gear Solid 3: Against The Fury is very frustrating!

Jak 3: Got to be the Metal Head eggs shooting in the cave. The worse thing is failing since you have to start again and it takes ages :o

Mad Tony
03-09-06, 17:15
Oh frustrating gaming moments...
Metal Gear Solid 3: Against The Fury is very frustrating!

Really.
When I saw my big brother defeat him all he did was stand there next this door and kept on shooting The Fury with a sniper rifle, and he didn't know he was there, so he just kept walking past.

Titanium
03-09-06, 17:18
Really.
When I saw my big brother defeat him all he did was stand there next this door and kept on shooting The Fury with a sniper rifle, and he didn't know he was there, so he just kept walking past.

Yes there is a part which makes it easy to beat him, unfortunately I didnt realise that until after alot of attempts :rolleyes:

Nicky
03-09-06, 17:27
The level 'Von Beck's Revenge' from 'Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb'. What a nightmare! It took me five days to successfully make that endless run/jump/rope-swing sequence with that bloody tank breathing down my neck :rolleyes:

Also another tough moment I encountered in a custom TR level: in 'Pirates of the Carribean' from 'Lara at the Movies'. There was a pit with pop-up spikes from where you had to pull up before those spikes popped up, otherwise Lara would get skewed. I don't know how many times I reloaded that part! In the end I just made a blind run-through and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Lara pulling up safely at last!

moodydog
03-09-06, 17:32
mario cart double dash

on 150cc, the star cup, sooooooooo hard:hea:

but after a while sooooooooo easy :ton:

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 17:37
^also in Emperor's Tomb, it took me quite a while to defeat that huuuge octopus.well, it's not exactly frustrating, it's challenging btw.

Legend of Lara
03-09-06, 17:54
- Battling Sonic in Shadow the Hedgehog! I HATE that homing attack and his smug robot helper does this annoying laser beam!!!
- Battling Egg Emperor in Sonic Heroes. Undodgeable ram attacks, lasers and swarms of robots. *grinds teeth*
- Every boss in Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King!
- Battling Jinpachi Mishima in Tekken 5. He's such a friggin cheapshot.
- Derelict Apartment Block from Angel of Darkness! It took me hours to complete.
- Honour Among Thieves from Sly 3. Hardest level ever seen in a cartoon stealth platformer.

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 18:24
Oh forgot Sonic Rider! :mad:
That race on Sky Island is such a pain in the *beep*:mad:

edit:

lol L o L. To me Sly 2 is the hardest :(
I enjoy Sly 3 very much I completed it with 100% satisfaction and I like the ending as well.
It also have 2 player game(Cop and thief) which is great fun. They're genius in making game! I hope there's Sly 4

Legend of Lara
03-09-06, 18:33
lol L o L. To me Sly 2 is the hardest :(
I enjoy Sly 3 very much I completed it with 100% satisfaction and I like the ending as well.
It also have 2 player game(Cop and thief) which is great fun. They're genius in making game! I hope there's Sly 4

I got Sly 2 but it isn't loading the 4th chapter rendering me eternally stuck! :hea:

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 18:37
poor you:( have you taken it back and trade a new one?

Legend of Lara
03-09-06, 18:38
poor you:( have you taken it back and trade a new one?

No. My local gamestore has discontinued selling Sly 2 'cause it did so badly!

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 18:40
it sells badly? Maybe theres not much advertising at your place. But it sure is a good game, it got top ratings all over game sites

TrojanMan
03-09-06, 19:32
This is the offical Most frustrating gaming moment ever:
Chasing Catlita in DRIV3R.
But I managed to get there in the end! And I won the game! Ha, ha! I'm so proud! In your face, Reflections...

You win the internet. That mission was hell, but I also beat it eventually.

Assassino
03-09-06, 19:37
That piggin' Griffin out of Warrior Within!!!!!!!!!!! I will have it for dinner I swear it!!!!

BtoFu
03-09-06, 19:39
Got one with Ico at the moment..managed to get past it once and I forgot to save..you activate some block that's supposed to send you up in the air to reach a ledge..tends to just throw you off it most of the time..thrown my share of f's in at it. :p

MiCkiZ88
03-09-06, 19:41
Got one with Ico at the moment..managed to get past it once and I forgot to save..you activate some block that's supposed to send you up in the air to reach a ledge..tends to just throw you off it most of the time..thrown my share of f's in at it. :p
hmm sorry for going of topic.. but what kinda game is ico? I've heard so many good things about that game :confused:

Dingaling
03-09-06, 19:46
It's like the Tomb Raider games except you also have to guide someone along with you and protect them (which is actually a lot better than it sounds, LoL).

BtoFu
03-09-06, 19:48
hmm sorry for going of topic.. but what kinda game is ico? I've heard so many good things about that game :confused:

Sort of like a mystical adventure thing, pretty whimsical and light. Fun though, albeit pretty frustrating..you play a little kid with horns and you have to help this Princess out of this huge castle by solving room puzzles and fighting dark spirits..very pretty looking too.

MiCkiZ88
03-09-06, 19:56
Sort of like a mystical adventure thing, pretty whimsical and light. Fun though, albeit pretty frustrating..you play a little kid with horns and you have to help this Princess out of this huge castle by solving room puzzles and fighting dark spirits..very pretty looking too.
thanks for the info dingaling and btofu :)
sounds actually pretty intresting.

Forwen
03-09-06, 23:08
Chocobo.

MiCkiZ88
04-09-06, 00:34
Chocobo.
O_O Ch.. Cho.. CHOCOBO!! :eek:

lol.. i dont know which game you are referring to but I had some really tough time finishing the races in ffx :o

call.me.emo
30-12-08, 09:47
Tomb Raider Anniversary had two of them. T-Rex battle and the Centaur battle, Thanks to the :cen: Adrenaline Dodge, wich, in my opinion, is the stupidest thing ever in video gaming history.
And then the Vergil battles in Devil My Cry 3 are a real pain in the bottom.
Silent Hill puzzles also make me pretty frustrated, like that flauros thing in SH0.

kristi
30-12-08, 10:22
The Catacombs in TR4,when you jump from rope to rope.
I tried about 50 times,before I succed.

My first races at Forza Motorsport.
I never played a simulator game before.
But I love it now.

Ninja Gaiden - ALMA!!!
I hate that b***h!!
And also the dead fish that reall pi***d me off!

Splinter Cell series - about everywhere,everytime.

Paddy
30-12-08, 10:24
Tomb Raider Anniversary is one big gaming frustration :p

young Lara Croft
30-12-08, 10:48
Same here , TRA the sequence of slopes and grapple rings , I screamed as hard as I could!!! :cln:
Time trials on TRL and TRA !
some moments in the calssic TRs ! :mad:

da tomb raider!
30-12-08, 11:18
This thread is 2 years old...

Larapink
30-12-08, 13:13
Just dying while trying to compleate a level is just the most frustrating thing ever!

petujaymz
30-12-08, 15:33
God of War: The Blades of Hades

Drove me nuts...

Got there eventually.

:wve:

matrix54
30-12-08, 15:44
silent hill 2. Playing that game is the frustrating moment.
resident evil 4 on professsional. thats it!!

lara_bond
30-12-08, 16:09
super smash bros.brawl-the great maze. beating through tons and tons of monsters just to see a dead end. a fricken' dead end!
tekken 1- trying to unlock characters,and i didn't know the unlockable ones weren't on the screen."what do i have to do to unlock youuuuuuu!!!!!!!"
DOA ultimate-last boss.seemed almost impossible to beat him!

robm_2007
30-12-08, 16:59
YES!

on xbox, The prince of Persia: The Two Thrones,

when you have to fight the 2 giants with the huge axe and sword(it was after a chariot race; those things are STUPID); anyways, i died like 35 times in 2 days, and i was so ****ed i threw the controller and it broke.

and i said to myself, "I refuse to play this damn ****ing game ever again"

then i went to a game store and traded it in for $7(USD), and was so relieved that it was out of my house.

i dont think i had ever been madder. it was also a bad couple of days when i was playing it. and that was before playing it. i now think back and laugh. i told my cousins this story and they thought it was funny too.

TRexbait
01-01-09, 07:36
Jak2 the first boss fight against the king of the city ugh. (the tornadoes at the end move so unpredictably)
Jak2 the final boss against the metlehead cheif (too many of those damn smaller mettleheads)
Jak3 the final boss against Errol (the car never catches up with him)

oocladableeblah
01-01-09, 08:27
Jinapachi or whatever the boss is on tekken 5 omg every single time I play him except once he ****ed me off.
I usually get stuck in a game at some action part and I can't get past it. I hate that, I don't mind if it is like I am stuck like puzzle wise, but when it is action it sucks.

hera7days
01-01-09, 08:29
Saints Row 2, you know I love you, but... how am I, a mere mortal, supposed to keep up with a van that's constantly going at top speed and drives absolutely perfectly, probably programmed to avoid any and all hazards? I've tried everything. I've tried turning on all manner of cheats. I've tried just about every weapon, but thanks to the lack of auto aim, the only weapon that has it completely destroys the van, but apparently I'm not supposed to completely destroy it. This is insane.

croft94
01-01-09, 10:52
Killing fluffy :vlol:

Angelx14
01-01-09, 11:06
Too many games. Can't even remember. But now I don't do that, as I just give up and put the game in the furthest corner.

disneyprincess20
01-01-09, 11:29
LittleBigPlanet. Makes me want to shove the controller through the window....

marla_biggs
01-01-09, 13:19
alot of the timed things in gta .. or the races i'm crap at those :hea:

and those centaurs in tra were pretty annoying , but i laugh now when i look back cus in the end i won :)

Agent 47
01-01-09, 13:24
CoD WaW on Veteran

what was i thinking :vlol:

ivannnnn
01-01-09, 17:21
Mostly horror games and action-adventure!! :mad:

TRfan9294
02-01-09, 03:44
I've done that with a lot of games but the one I can remember is in PoP when using the green plates to the final boss fight. Kept falling down all the time and I almost threw the controller across the room.