PDA

View Full Version : lady sovereign

i will eat you
03-09-06, 06:26
anyone like her? i just started listening to her today and fell in love with lyrics...anyone else likes or heard of her? she really isnt that popular in the us...

i will eat you
03-09-06, 06:44
yeah lady sov. is the shiz....

im bored....

jackles
03-09-06, 08:45
Very much a uk thing. She's not that big over here but I guess cos of her 'chav' status there isn't that much money backing her. She did a song with the Ordinary Boys I think. A lot of Uk groups that are like her are from independant labels and if you see their videos it shows!

(My son watches Channel U ...)

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-09-06, 14:21
Lol, I'm from the US and I like her music! :D

tombraider123
03-09-06, 14:59
She is getting quite popular now

Rickéh
03-09-06, 15:32
Who is she? :D

Taleigha
03-09-06, 15:48
shes so much chav that she makes me dry-wretch. i dunno what it is but i dunno how to take her. in some ways i could like her, but in others shes just vulgar.

some of her lyrics like in '9 2 5' they dont really make sense - its like shes just rapping for the sake of rapping: 'wheres my red bull and my sandwich'...'im getting ****ed like pampers, throwing a tantrum'

actually shes a brat. i dont like her. if were talking about chavs, i have to say i like Lily Allen alot more.

@ rickeh: this is her http://svt.se/content/1/c6/49/61/21/ladysovereign370.jpg

Rickéh
03-09-06, 15:53
i have to say i like Lily Allen alot more.

@ rickeh: this is her http://svt.se/content/1/c6/49/61/21/ladysovereign370.jpg

Exactly! Ok ive seen enough, i dont like her :p

Decoop!
03-09-06, 16:01
Chavtastic!

The only 'chav' music act I like is Goldie Lookin' Chain. Not only because they're local to me but because they actually take the **** out of chav's while the chav's think they're celebrating their culture!

Taleigha
03-09-06, 16:06
yeah i like them. i actually find myself laughing aloud at the lyrics! i love 'your misses is a nutter'. and the song about the guy having a love affair with a monkey

Decoop!
03-09-06, 16:12
GLC are funny, most of their early songs are about Newport so not many people will find them funny, unless you know the place, but the recent songs are just as good!

As for Lady Sovereign, well...

At least she's making a living through music, rather than signing up for the dole like 90% of chavs.

jackles
03-09-06, 16:14
*has strange urge to run through thread going..shop shop mobility*

;)

saray
03-09-06, 16:32
i hate her music, she has a bad attitude and is a chav. so, what's to like? :p

i will eat you
03-09-06, 17:17
chav? im just an american :P
and a dole?

Lavinder
03-09-06, 17:18
Yo, yo! Blud, sup?

Decoop!
03-09-06, 18:08
chav? im just an american :P
and a dole?

Hehe. I guess you Americans know 'Chavs' better as 'trailer trash'?

The dole is a slang term for the benefit/welfare system in the UK.

Ward Dragon
03-09-06, 19:16
Hehe. I guess you Americans know 'Chavs' better as 'trailer trash'?

The dole is a slang term for the benefit/welfare system in the UK.

Ah, thanks. I was wondering what 'chav' meant too. I already knew about the dole (I just watched Angela's Ashes the other day and they explained it in there)

Angelx14
04-09-06, 16:57
anyone like her? i just started listening to her today and fell in love with lyrics...anyone else likes or heard of her? she really isnt that popular in the us...
Who is she?..:confused:
Never heard about her..

Autolycus
04-09-06, 17:07
http://svt.se/content/1/c6/49/61/21/ladysovereign370.jpg

Never heard of her and what i see don't want to.

Decoop!
04-09-06, 17:08
Some female rap 'artist' from London. She's apparently 19 years old, but looking like that I bet lots of off lisences and night clubs ask her for ID! She only looks 13.

To be honest I can appreciate the music, it isn't crap but since I don't normally listen to rap I wouldn't be able to comment much on her music.

Give me a dance track at 180 bpm or more anyday! :D

Autolycus
04-09-06, 17:11
I wonder how many ASBO's she's got?

Decoop!
04-09-06, 17:12
I wonder how many ASBO's she's got?

And Kids born to claim more dole!

Autolycus
04-09-06, 17:18
And Kids born to claim more dole!

LOL, you're not wrong :D

Taleigha
04-09-06, 18:15
ugh she thinks shes male or something. *shudder* just the sight of her makes me naucious. shes just one of them low-life sleezebags from the london ghettos who flaunt that theyre proud to be voilent thieving druggie scum.

i mean come on - one of her tracks was called 'hoodie.' says it all doesnt it?

(I just watched Angela's Ashes the other day and they explained it in there)
hey thats weird i was watching that too the other day!! aint seen it in many a year... good film aint it? i met the boy who was 'quasimodo'

Dingaling
04-09-06, 18:19
If I remember correctly that song was about the prejudice against teenagers wearing hoodies - i.e. they're all out drinking and going to stab you. Well, that's what the video was showing, LoL. The video had a woman running away from the gang of teenagers with hoodies when they only wanted to return her handbag.

Ward Dragon
04-09-06, 22:40
I actually think I heard one of her songs in a cell phone commercial yesterday (Love me or hate me) and I thought she was awful. I wouldn't have even paid attention to the commercial, except the words "Lady Sovereign" appeared on the screen and I recognized it from this thread.