PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Tarantino's movies

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 16:56
I absolutely adore Quentin Tarantino's works!!:jmp: I recently watched Pulp Fiction and can't believe I miss this movie for years!!:o And I love the dance part where Uma Thurman dances with John Travolta:jmp:

Pulp Fiction

Pulp Fiction is found both on critics' lists (such as the AFI's One Hundred Years, 100 Movies List) and in popular rankings, placing consistently in the top 10 on the IMDB Top 250 List. In 2000, readers of Total Film magazine voted it the 18th greatest comedy film of all time. In Britain (2001), it was voted as the 4th greatest film of all time in a nationwide poll for Channel 4, beaten only by The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather and Star Wars. In 2005, Time.com named it one of the 100 best movies of the last 80 years. It won the 1994 Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival and the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. It was named Best Picture by the L.A. Film Critics Association and the National Society of Film Critics. Many critics, including Siskel and Ebert, have compared Tarantino's success with Pulp Fiction to that of Orson Welles after the release of his Citizen Kane.

I can't belive the idle chit chat between John Travolta and Uma Thurman in the restaurant can be so captivating.They really are talented actor/actress.:D

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/9050/pulpzn1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The success of Pulp Fiction spurred studios to release a slew of "copycat" films that tried to duplicate the film's formula of witty and offbeat dialogue, an elliptical/non-chronological plot and unconventional storyline, and gritty subject matter. Most of these films fared poorly at the box office and were dismissed by critics as inferior and derivative, though the raver film Go did receive critical acclaim, as did Guy Ritchie's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels; the latter being a particularly successful transplant of Pulp Fiction's basic structure into the underworld of London.

The unconventional attitude of the movie, in particular its lack of a standard chronological structure, has often led the film to be cited as an example of a postmodernist film.

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/3766/pulp2yj8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The film had a significant impact on the lives of its cast members. It revived the fortunes of John Travolta who was going through a career slump at the time, and Bruce Willis solidified his career as a leading man. It got Uma Thurman onto the Hollywood A-list and led to more work for character actors such as Ving Rhames and Harvey Keitel. Eric Stoltz also profited. The actor who gained the most from Pulp Fiction was Samuel L. Jackson, who wowed critics and audiences in a part Quentin Tarantino wrote especially for him. Once relegated to supporting roles, Jackson soon became one of the world's most popular film stars.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5923/pulp3dy7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6403/pulp4ct3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kill Bill 1 and 2

And who can forget Kill Bill, my all time fave movie of Tarantino.Even though it's based on revenge for justice concept, theres still moral values in it like don't harm little children/let them explicit scene..

The production budget for Kill Bill (volumes I and II combined) was US$60 million. This does not include marketing and distribution costs.

Kill Bill: Volume I was released in the United States on October 10, 2003. It's US gross box office receipts were US$70,099,000; its box office receipts for the rest of the world came to US$110,850,000, for a total of US$180,949,000. [1]

Kill Bill: Volume II was released in the United States on April 16, 2004. It's US gross box office receipts were US$66,208,000; its box office receipts for the rest of the world came to US$85,951,000, for a total of US$152,159,000.

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/8316/killge8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Much criticism concerned the amount and presentation of bloodshed and general mayhem (the film’s R rating also derives from profanity, depicted drug use, and a couple of non-explicit sex scenes). “A cocktail party in an abattoir,” complained one critic.

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/1672/kill2lk0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The violence is not just incidental to the film’s narrative, it is a conscious part of the telling of the story—an aesthetic element, for better or worse. An example is the decapitation prior to the House of Blue Leaves battle, in which an amount of blood seemingly greater than what a body could hold sprays upward from the headless trunk, like a dancing fountain. While this level of bloodletting has precedents in both Japanese live action and anime films (for example, Kurosawa's Sanjuro, or chambara films of the 70s such as Shogun Assassin), it is generally unfamiliar to western filmgoers, many of whom found its use in Kill Bill to be exploitative.

I wanted to watch Reservoir Dogs but can't find it anywhere:(

Lara Croft!
03-09-06, 17:04
I like Pulp Fiction.....cool movie
Kill Bill I+II were also good.....
Reservoir dogs is not worth bying...better rent it first!

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 17:09
^really? I'll try to search it first and see whether it's available, then I can see if I can rent it.

Rivendell
03-09-06, 17:21
I've yet to see Pulp, but I love KB 1, and the first half of KB2. The last half of KB 2 is incredibly boring and anticlimactic.

Dusk til Dawn is a cool film, and so is Four Rooms ( which I think he just worked on) as it's a hilariously funny film :D

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 17:26
I found that Quentin's Hostel is surprisingly disturbingly boring.Well, every people has it's peak and downfall I guess

edit:

btw, if Reservoir Dogs isn't really good,then why is there going to be a game about it??:confused:

rachkitten
03-09-06, 17:46
Ive not really seen many of Tarantino's movies (except from Kill Bill vol.1 and vol.2) but the best work of his ive seen so far has to be this episode of CSI he Directed called Grave Danger, it was amazing :eek:

Lara Croft!
03-09-06, 17:50
Hostel was stupid!They put Tarantino's name in it to attract viewers.He's not the director-writer on anything....

http://movies.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/hostel/images2/main.jpg

See?It's says "Tarantino presents"

larastomb
I would love to see the KIll Bill series.

Lara Croft!
I found that Quentin's Hostel is surprisingly disturbingly boring.Well, every people has it's peak and downfall I guess

edit:

btw, if Reservoir Dogs isn't really good,then why is there going to be a game about it??:confused:

I didn't say it wasn't a good movie.I didn't like it!:D

Kamrusepas
03-09-06, 17:52
I love his movies, and my favorite is probabl Reservoir Dogs :tmb:

tr_mitch
03-09-06, 17:53
Kill Bill and Hostel are probs my favourite films by him.
Very different.

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 17:54
Hostel was stupid!They put Tarantino's name in it to attract viewers.He's not the director-writer on anything....

http://movies.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/hostel/images2/main.jpg

See?It's says "Tarantino presents"
Really??:eek:
I just see Quentin Tarantino's name and immediately bought it:hea: :hea: :mad:
I need to open my eyes really wide in the future:mad:

btw, have you seen Pulp Fiction mitch? It's really good. I gave it 5/5 stars!!:D

tr_mitch
03-09-06, 17:58
btw, have you seen Pulp Fiction mitch? It's really good. I gave it 5/5 stars!!:D

Not yet, But people have said it's really good, So i may have to watch it some time.

Angel666
03-09-06, 18:02
I love Kill Bill 1 and 2. Such an amazing story, score, and talent. I've seen bits and pieces of Resovior Dogs and Pulp Fiction and liked what I saw and Hostel was alright. Not worth buying imo but it had an interesting story if you get past the boobs.

BoyTRaider
03-09-06, 18:05
I love alll his movies, especially Kill Bill 1 & 2. :D

Lara Croft!
03-09-06, 18:11
Kill Bill and Hostel are probs my favourite films by him.
Very different.

Hostel is not his as I've previously said!They got u fooled too,Mitch!

Lenochka
03-09-06, 18:12
I love alll his movies, especially Kill Bill 1 & 2. :D

I think out of his movies... i have only seen kill bill 1 & 2 hehe... all i know is i love those movies! :jmp: Great action flicks...plus GoGo rocks :D

tr_mitch
03-09-06, 18:12
Hostel is not his as I've previously said!They got u fooled too,Mitch!

I don't care laura!!!!! I like it all the same. :)

Lara Croft!
03-09-06, 18:14
I don't care laura!!!!! I like it all the same. :)

Ok!Lay those yelling "!!!!!" off of me!!!

jarhead
03-09-06, 18:15
ive seen bits of pulp fiction , seen all of the 2 kill bill episodes but havnt seen resovoir dogs. i thorroughly enjoyed the klill bill's though

shame #3 isnt planed to come out for another 10 years or so

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 18:19
lmao :vlol: everyone to each their own then mitch and laura

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 18:22
ive seen bits of pulp fiction , seen all of the 2 kill bill episodes but havnt seen resovoir dogs. i thorroughly enjoyed the klill bill's though

shame #3 isnt planed to come out for another 10 years or so
Kill Bill 2 is in 2004, so it's going to come out in 2014 then. lol, I'm gonna be like...wow, I think I'm not married yet by that time.:D:p I dunno..

Neteru
03-09-06, 18:46
I have Kill Bill 1 & 2. I never thought I'd ever buy a QT film because I can't stand the guy, or his other films.

Lenochka
03-09-06, 18:49
yeah... im not a big fan of his either... i remember hearing his spit on some guy on a red carpet :eek:

MiCkiZ88
03-09-06, 18:51
I love Pulp fiction and both kill bills :jmp: Pulp fiction was really good! definately worth watching :)

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 18:52
maybe its just rumours Lenochka. But some people are rude. That is life btw.

Natla'd
03-09-06, 18:53
I love Reservoir Dogs, it's my favourite film by Quentin Tarantino. Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill were okay as well.

Lenochka
03-09-06, 18:55
maybe its just rumours Lenochka.

Nah... they showed it on VH1 he was all " your a lair rawr "*spits on guy* something about a magazine publishing a story about him and it wasnt true... yet the guy he spit on had nothing to do with it... in fact he wasnt even working for that magazine when the story was put out xD

tampi
03-09-06, 19:00
the success of these films resides in the dialogues.
They make very few films with intelligent dialogues.
For example the one of John Travolta and Samuel L Jakson in the cafeteria, in all the film.
Most of the films are: piu pum pum POMMMMMM piu flash.
But these, aside from that, have inner substance

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 19:02
lol whats that piu piu pum POMM XD :vlol:
And I understand what you're saying. Most movies nowadays are action oriented.They wanted action chicks bla bla bla:o but the dialog is zero mark.

Angel666
03-09-06, 19:06
I try not to focus on the director/actors personal life when I watch a movie. It doesnt matter to me as long as they make a great movie.

TombRaiderLover
03-09-06, 19:07
Pulp Fiction is brilliantly made. The performances are realistic and the dark humour pulled off well.

Trigger_happy
03-09-06, 19:20
i watched Pulp fiction earlier in the week- i love the intro music!!!! i like Kill bill as well, the fight scenes in the caravan and the house of blue leaves are very well done.

BtoFu
03-09-06, 19:21
Not much of a fan at all, he's a much better writer than he is a director, all because he's so caught up in his little forays into homage with Godard and Mifune and DePalma and so on...True Romance, Natural Born Killers and From Dusk Till Dawn are all shining examples of the material under different 'management' - I do like Jackie Brown alot though.

Shark_Blade
03-09-06, 19:21
I like the intro musics as well, although I'm pretty sure I've listened it somewhere else before. But still,pretty catchy music:)

Trigger_happy
03-09-06, 19:27
actually, i think tarentino is very good with the music in his films- it all seems to just fit and does not detract from the film in any way.

Tomb Raider Master
03-09-06, 20:36
Neteru:
I can't stand the guy
Same, along with his movies.

Forwen
03-09-06, 22:54
<ranting mode on>

Funny. Some five days ago I put my hands on Kill Bill Vol. 1 and entered a real Kill Bill-frenzy. This film is brilliant in its own specific way (Way Of Tarantino?), and even if its primary role is paying a gigantic homage to anything Tarantino happens to remember from his childhood, it's definitely equally good as a standalone story. Iconic, powerful, touching yet not pompous, and ultimately destined to be taken with a grain of salt... In this film, action is language, and fantastically spoken to boot.

And that soundtrack. I'm S-P-E-E-C-H-L-E-S-S.

Now, Kill Bill Vol. 2 is another matter. I'll be honest: I don't understand what this is. It's nowhere close to garish aesthetics of Vol. 1, its unserious tone, its classic action patterns, its role as an homage, its respect for icons; it negates the sense of Bride's previous actions, the structure of the world from Vol. 1, not one damn thing forms a connection between the two. And to think they were designed as a one movie... It seems so hopelessly messed up that I'm starting to believe I missed something awfully obvious.

Lara Croft!
04-09-06, 00:02
I'll be confusing you with Titanium now,SB cause of the av!:D

ILG49ers
04-09-06, 02:08
I've only seen two of his movies, Kill Bill 1 & 2, and they are really great movies! :tmb: I also really want to see Pulp Fiction!

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 04:21
<ranting mode on>

Funny. Some five days ago I put my hands on Kill Bill Vol. 1 and entered a real Kill Bill-frenzy. This film is brilliant in its own specific way (Way Of Tarantino?), and even if its primary role is paying a gigantic homage to anything Tarantino happens to remember from his childhood, it's definitely equally good as a standalone story. Iconic, powerful, touching yet not pompous, and ultimately destined to be taken with a grain of salt... In this film, action is language, and fantastically spoken to boot.

And that soundtrack. I'm S-P-E-E-C-H-L-E-S-S.

Now, Kill Bill Vol. 2 is another matter. I'll be honest: I don't understand what this is. It's nowhere close to garish aesthetics of Vol. 1, its unserious tone, its classic action patterns, its role as an homage, its respect for icons; it negates the sense of Bride's previous actions, the structure of the world from Vol. 1, not one damn thing forms a connection between the two. And to think they were designed as a one movie... It seems so hopelessly messed up that I'm starting to believe I missed something awfully obvious.

Kill Bil 2 is more of an answer ot Kill Bill1(where most of the questions arises).So to elaborate more about the history and background story in Kill Bill1, theres less action in Kill Bill2. Although the action scene between Beatrix Kiddo and Elle Driver is truly Legendary and memorable.

'll be confusing you with Titanium now,SB cause of the av!:D
You gotta get use to it laura. I'm crazy over Tails right now :D:jmp:

Forwen
04-09-06, 10:38
Kill Bil 2 is more of an answer ot Kill Bill1(where most of the questions arises).So to elaborate more about the history and background story in Kill Bill1, theres less action in Kill Bill2. Although the action scene between Beatrix Kiddo and Elle Driver is truly Legendary and memorable.

Problem is that Vol. 2 isn't an answer to Vol. 1. It just doesn't speak the same language - and in effect it changes the image of the prequel instead of adding to it. In my humble opinion Vol. 2 should be narrated in mostly the same way as Vol. 1, definitely not as sober and goddamn "serious" as it is. Vol. 1 is a pastiche. Its meaning is clearly visible to anyone at least partially aware of patterns and genres it refers to. There's no need to go preachy. Vol. 2 just lacks certain style and solid basis.

Elle Driver on the other hand is one of the best things in Vol. 2. The duel itself was maybe too short, but the idea was great. Why? Because it was meaningful and ironic in its justice -Vol. 1 style. It's a shame Elle didn't get as much air time as O-Ren, she was worth it.

Satu
04-09-06, 10:50
Dusk to Dawn is another one.

He starred in it, and I think co produced it.

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 13:10
Problem is that Vol. 2 isn't an answer to Vol. 1. It just doesn't speak the same language - and in effect it changes the image of the prequel instead of adding to it. In my humble opinion Vol. 2 should be narrated in mostly the same way as Vol. 1, definitely not as sober and goddamn "serious" as it is. Vol. 1 is a pastiche. Its meaning is clearly visible to anyone at least partially aware of patterns and genres it refers to. There's no need to go preachy. Vol. 2 just lacks certain style and solid basis.

Elle Driver on the other hand is one of the best things in Vol. 2. The duel itself was maybe too short, but the idea was great. Why? Because it was meaningful and ironic in its justice -Vol. 1 style. It's a shame Elle didn't get as much air time as O-Ren, she was worth it.
Kill Bill 1 - Eastern style with the kungfu and sword fighting. It's more of fast pacing and action-esque movie. We have asian culture and atmosphere in it, like in Japan(Okinawa and Tokyo)

Kill Bill 2 - Western style, like the idle chat between Bill and his brother(looks like a cowboy to me:D)The music and atmosphere is also different.Not much fighting, more talking.

Autolycus
04-09-06, 13:21
I've seen Pulp Fiction which i thought was good and well thought out, and i've seen From Dusk till Dawn which until about half way i thought was pretty good then just went off on one with all the Vampires. I can't think of any other films directed by him which i've seen.

One film i still hav'nt seen and one day will is Reservoir Dogs i did'nt even know he derected it, shows you how much i know :D

Satu
04-09-06, 13:41
I've seen Pulp Fiction which i thought was good and well thought out, and i've seen From Dusk till Dawn which until about half way i thought was pretty good then just went off on one with all the Vampires. I can't think of any other films directed by him which i've seen.

One film i still hav'nt seen and one day will is Reservoir Dogs i did'nt even know he derected it, shows you how much i know :D

When I first watched dusk to dawn I thought what the hell is going on here...am I watching the same movie lol.

TombRaiderLover
04-09-06, 13:44
From Dusk Till Dawn wasn't directed by Tarantino, he just starred in it.

Satu
04-09-06, 13:47

I knew he didn't direct it but I thought he co produced it. Well, whoever did must be related, it definately has that bizzaro Quentin feel about it.

BtoFu
04-09-06, 16:14

He wrote it.

Tarantino hates videogames..yeah go ahead and hate him now. :p

Apofiss
04-09-06, 16:32
Owwwww @.@ Kill Bill 1 & 2 and Pulp Fiction! Q.T is one of a kind by making these two XD

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 16:38
Is that a fact, btofu? :mis::)

Angel666
04-09-06, 18:15
I love each Kill Bill for a different reason. Number 1 had amazing action and I loved the anime sequences which tied all in with the Eastern Culture. Number 2 is more diolouge driven and I good bit of diolouge is worth three action sequences imo. The soundtrack for 1 didn't wow me at all. 2's soundtrack was amazing though. Goodnight Moon by Shivaree, Can't Hardly Stand it by Charlie Feathers, and About her by Malcom McLaren are wonderful songs and they all have such interesting and soulful voices. I also loved the Spanish style music of Tu Mira by Lole y Manuel give it flavor. I can listen to this soundtrack on a loop all day.

BtoFu
04-09-06, 19:14
Is that a fact, btofu? :mis::)

Yeah Roger Avary has commented a few times on Quentin's hate for videogames when he was discussing his screenplay for the Silent Hill movie.

kill bill
04-09-06, 20:00
I absolutely adore Quentin Tarantino's works!!:jmp: I recently watched Pulp Fiction and can't believe I miss this movie for years!!:o And I love the dance part where Uma Thurman dances with John Travolta:jmp:

Pulp Fiction

Pulp Fiction is found both on critics' lists (such as the AFI's One Hundred Years, 100 Movies List) and in popular rankings, placing consistently in the top 10 on the IMDB Top 250 List. In 2000, readers of Total Film magazine voted it the 18th greatest comedy film of all time. In Britain (2001), it was voted as the 4th greatest film of all time in a nationwide poll for Channel 4, beaten only by The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather and Star Wars. In 2005, Time.com named it one of the 100 best movies of the last 80 years. It won the 1994 Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival and the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. It was named Best Picture by the L.A. Film Critics Association and the National Society of Film Critics. Many critics, including Siskel and Ebert, have compared Tarantino's success with Pulp Fiction to that of Orson Welles after the release of his Citizen Kane.

I can't belive the idle chit chat between John Travolta and Uma Thurman in the restaurant can be so captivating.They really are talented actor/actress.:D

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/9050/pulpzn1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The success of Pulp Fiction spurred studios to release a slew of "copycat" films that tried to duplicate the film's formula of witty and offbeat dialogue, an elliptical/non-chronological plot and unconventional storyline, and gritty subject matter. Most of these films fared poorly at the box office and were dismissed by critics as inferior and derivative, though the raver film Go did receive critical acclaim, as did Guy Ritchie's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels; the latter being a particularly successful transplant of Pulp Fiction's basic structure into the underworld of London.

The unconventional attitude of the movie, in particular its lack of a standard chronological structure, has often led the film to be cited as an example of a postmodernist film.

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/3766/pulp2yj8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The film had a significant impact on the lives of its cast members. It revived the fortunes of John Travolta who was going through a career slump at the time, and Bruce Willis solidified his career as a leading man. It got Uma Thurman onto the Hollywood A-list and led to more work for character actors such as Ving Rhames and Harvey Keitel. Eric Stoltz also profited. The actor who gained the most from Pulp Fiction was Samuel L. Jackson, who wowed critics and audiences in a part Quentin Tarantino wrote especially for him. Once relegated to supporting roles, Jackson soon became one of the world's most popular film stars.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5923/pulp3dy7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6403/pulp4ct3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kill Bill 1 and 2

And who can forget Kill Bill, my all time fave movie of Tarantino.Even though it's based on revenge for justice concept, theres still moral values in it like don't harm little children/let them explicit scene..

The production budget for Kill Bill (volumes I and II combined) was US$60 million. This does not include marketing and distribution costs.

Kill Bill: Volume I was released in the United States on October 10, 2003. It's US gross box office receipts were US$70,099,000; its box office receipts for the rest of the world came to US$110,850,000, for a total of US$180,949,000. [1]

Kill Bill: Volume II was released in the United States on April 16, 2004. It's US gross box office receipts were US$66,208,000; its box office receipts for the rest of the world came to US$85,951,000, for a total of US$152,159,000.

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/8316/killge8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Much criticism concerned the amount and presentation of bloodshed and general mayhem (the film’s R rating also derives from profanity, depicted drug use, and a couple of non-explicit sex scenes). “A cocktail party in an abattoir,” complained one critic.

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/1672/kill2lk0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The violence is not just incidental to the film’s narrative, it is a conscious part of the telling of the story—an aesthetic element, for better or worse. An example is the decapitation prior to the House of Blue Leaves battle, in which an amount of blood seemingly greater than what a body could hold sprays upward from the headless trunk, like a dancing fountain. While this level of bloodletting has precedents in both Japanese live action and anime films (for example, Kurosawa's Sanjuro, or chambara films of the 70s such as Shogun Assassin), it is generally unfamiliar to western filmgoers, many of whom found its use in Kill Bill to be exploitative.

I wanted to watch Reservoir Dogs but can't find it anywhere:(

i have the quentin colection is well i have all of his films. oh my god i love pulp fiction when they are dacing heres a seen of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81UUhke1kg

oh and jackie brown oh my. resadogs ok. kill bill well its the best film around i still hope he makes a vol 3. cause it will be exicting to see yuki yubari going for her sisters revange. you still can hear the ice cream truck she followed her to in vol 1 when shes marking her death list of vernita green. ye gogo yubari is the best.:D a must see film even if you are under 12. i am

kill bill
04-09-06, 20:01
quentin presents hostel he didnt make it.:mad:

Lara Croft!
04-09-06, 20:09
It's really funny to see in a thread about Tarantino's movies that the last poster is Kill Bill.....:D :D

tr_mitch
04-09-06, 20:12
It's really funny to see in a thread about Tarantino's movies that the last poster is Kill Bill.....:D :D

O rly? ;)

Laura needs to get out more :D
Eat greek Yoghurt :)

kill bill
04-09-06, 20:16
hm hes the best director made.

Lara Croft!
04-09-06, 20:24
O rly? ;)

Laura needs to get out more :D
Eat greek Yoghurt :)

http://twobeds.com/funny/sgal/galleries/orly/youremockingme.jpg

Paperdoll
04-09-06, 20:27
I enjoyed Kill Bill the first time I saw it... but now I'd rather watch something else. I eventually got tired of the "familiar feeling" I had watching some scenes. Still a nice movie though. But best director? Not in a million years.

Forwen
04-09-06, 22:38
Kill Bill 1 - Eastern style with the kungfu and sword fighting. It's more of fast pacing and action-esque movie. We have asian culture and atmosphere in it, like in Japan(Okinawa and Tokyo)

Kill Bill 2 - Western style, like the idle chat between Bill and his brother(looks like a cowboy to me:D)The music and atmosphere is also different.Not much fighting, more talking.

Nonono. First of all, Vol. 1 isn't comprised ONLY of inspirations originating in the East. I guess I don't have to bring up The Blood-Splattered Bride chapter with its classic Texas ranger themes or Buck and his ridiculous Pussy Wagon, typical Californian suburbs, not to mention Tarantino's meta-references to his own films like Pulp Fiction. According to net user's best friend Wikipedia spaghetti western is present in... O-Ren's story. Pastiche, pastiche is the key... Notice also that very prominent Eastern genre - wuxia - makes its way into the Kill Bill franchise only in Vol. 2 with the character of Pai Mei.

Let me say it again. Despite varying origins of Tarantino's inspirations there are many factors that bring them together to form such a neat and complete story. These are, above all:
1) Each and every one of these cliches - like almost humorous red shots with The Bride gazing grimly at her enemy (Vernita, Sofie), gradual advancing against an army of opponents and subbosses only to face the boss in mano a mano fight (O-Ren) and above all, the (in)famous amount of gore - is very generic, legible and exaggerated. Even though they form an independent story, they're, at their roots, nothing more than elegant nods toward originals which an average Kill Bill spectator is supposed to have at least a vague idea of.
2) The very selection of these cliches. That's important: Tarantino intentionally focused mostly on what we could call generally "action" genres, and not because he had no choice. He chose classic action patterns to construct the basic rules of the Kill Bill's universe and the fact that Vol. 2 doesn't follow them anymore creates holes in the whole picture. And assuming by default that something is "Eastern" and therefore action-oriented and "Western" not is, pardon me, stupid. USA spawned numerous classic action genres and Tarantino could've followed them just as he did with Eastern ones.

There's one more crucial element that imo is far more superior in Vol. 1 than Vol. 2. It's direction. Vol. 1 is packed with clever, suggestive and unconventional shots. My favourite is the one in the beginning of the fight with O-Ren: the camera, placed behind O-Ren floats over her shoulder, focusing on the Bride clutching her sword and looking at O-Ren anxiously. O-Ren begins to rise slowly and camera with her, while The Bride, on the contrary, still afraid starts to crouch at the same pace. But there are much more - the very first one with The Bride on the floor, the blood drops splattering on O-Ren junior's face while the music rises, the camera flying over The House Of The Blue Leaves, The Bride emerging from behind Sofie's back... That applies to well-timed scenes as well. Vol. 2 had often clumsily timed scenes and few memorable shots, the long one during Beatrix' "burial" with distant noises, obscure light and Beatrix' hysteria being probably the best.

I love each Kill Bill for a different reason. Number 1 had amazing action and I loved the anime sequences which tied all in with the Eastern Culture. Number 2 is more diolouge driven and I good bit of diolouge is worth three action sequences imo.

Another nonono. With all due respect, the popular model "dialog/slow action=ambitious" along with "fighting/fast action=unambitious" is very snobbish and simplistic. One good action scene isn't worth one good dialog scene just as a pair of high heels isn't worth a pair of trainers with the same price - they're all shoes alright, but serve completely different purposes and completely different factors decide whether they serve them well or not. Vol. 1 is a great action movie with clever dialogs and Vol. 2 is a mediocre yap-yap one with scarce fight sequences. And even more - it's harder to create an ambitious action movie simply because this genre is considered to be bubblegum per se.

The soundtrack for 1 didn't wow me at all. 2's soundtrack was amazing though. Goodnight Moon by Shivaree, Can't Hardly Stand it by Charlie Feathers, and About her by Malcom McLaren are wonderful songs and they all have such interesting and soulful voices. I also loved the Spanish style music of Tu Mira by Lole y Manuel give it flavor. I can listen to this soundtrack on a loop all day.

How about this: the soundtrack for 2 didn't wow me at all. 1's soundtrack was amazing though. Kaifuku Suru Kizu by Salyu, Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) by Nancy Sinatra, and The Flower Of Carnage by Meiko Kaji are wonderful songs and they all have such interesting and soulful voices. I also loved the Spanish style music of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood by Santa Esmeralda give it flavor. I can listen to this soundtrack on a loop all day. I'm not mocking you :) My version is as true as yours, just doesn't prove anything ;)