PDA

View Full Version : Croc hunter dead?

DREWY
04-09-06, 04:38
Steve Irwin, crocodile Hunter, has died after being stung by a stingray. Sad news

Monday September 4, 02:28 PM Steve Irwin killed in stingray attack

By 7News Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has been killed in a stingray attack near Cairns on Australia's far north coast.
It was believed Irwin had been swimming off the coast of Cairns when he was stung.
"It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest," Brisbane's Courier Mail reported this afternoon.
Irwin was best known for his documentary series "The Crocodile Hunter".
He was born in Victoria and found his love of animals after following in his father's footsteps, volunteering his services to the Queensland Government's East Coast Crocodile Management program.
He spent years living on his own in the mosquito infested creeks, rivers and mangroves of North Queensland, catching huge crocodiles single-handed.
In June 1992, he married American Terri Raines after they met when she visited Irwin's Australia Zoo. The 44-year-old is survived by his wife and two children, Bindi and Robert.

Dante Croft
04-09-06, 04:41
Yes it is true
Its tail went though hes chest I think. While doing a documentry.
I knew he die doing stuff like this but not a ray i though a croc.

DREWY
04-09-06, 04:45
There you go. Of all the ways to die... Best wishes to his family.
I would have thought maybe a croc, or even a snake.

Olvidarse
04-09-06, 04:45
Yup. Breaking news on CNN.com. :(

SpongeBob Lover
04-09-06, 04:54
thats so sad :(

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 04:57
OH my God!!!:eek:

amlai
04-09-06, 05:00
I never like him but i don't whish the death to no one, poor guy :(

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-09-06, 05:15
omg for real?! NOOO! This is so SAD! :(

I knew it was bound to happen, and the sad thing is that a couple of weeks ago for no apparent reason Steve Irwin popped into my mind, I actually wondered if he was going to die soon. That just seems sad to me now because I didn't even pray for him or anything. :(

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 05:27
Before this I heard rumours of him and emma watson being dead. luckily that's not true.

It's a sad day:( He such a joy to watch and an inspiration to many people

PirateRose
04-09-06, 05:28
OMG NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

T.T Steve...... I used to watch him as a kid like religiously. XD
Ah man that sucks...

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-09-06, 05:29
omg guys, I'm serious, this has saddened me so much. I'm not really a fan of the shows or anything, but I just feel so saddened right now. I'm even crying, and I rarely cry! It is always sad for me when some one dies, but I've never once been this sad about some one dying that I didn't know personally. His poor family, I can't even imagine how painful this is for them. :(

Lone Raider
04-09-06, 05:32
I was just gonna post this as I have come across it on a different forum.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html
I really liked this guy, he was dead cool, funny, and totally scarefree.

PirateRose
04-09-06, 05:35
omg guys, I'm serious, this has saddened me so much. I'm not really a fan of the shows or anything, but I just feel so saddened right now. I'm even crying, and I rarely cry! It is always sad for me when some one dies, but I've never once been this sad about some one dying that I didn't know personally. His poor family, I can't even imagine how painful this is for them. :(

I know, this is just, shocking. I always thought he was one of those incrediable lucky people who would die at a good old age.

44 seems young, thats like only half of what an average person lives to.

I just recently watched a Documentry of his when he went treking across the USA, and he had his whole family with him. His poor kids are so young!

Satu
04-09-06, 05:51
I just heard on the news, I wasn't a really big fan but it is so tragic.

I feel for his family...apparently his wife is currently trecking in Tasmania and it has been reported that she wasn't told until after the media reported the news. Poor thing what a way to find out that your husband died. This is sad news :(

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-09-06, 05:56
PR, you're so right, it makes it so much more sad that his kids are so young. And even his wife, she's still young too! She might be in her 40s, but still, that's young considering they could have enjoyed at least 40 more years together.

As sad I am about this, I think it was very selfish of Steve Irwin to continue tempting death like he did. If he was single and didn't have any obligations then I wouldn't feel that way, but he wasn't. He had a beautiful family that needed him, and yet he deliberately put his life in danger countless times. He put his exploits above his family, and because of this, his family has to suffer. If you're going to choose to live a very dangerous life as he did, don't expect to live long, because you won't. Additionally, don't have a family if you're not going to make them your top priority.

I'm just so sad about this because it did not have to happen, it really didn't. I would love to think that he went to heaven though, that would be a comforting thought. But I really don't know his heart and I don't know if he's in heaven right now or not, I just really hope so. This is just all so sad. :(

Lone Raider
04-09-06, 06:10
PR, you're so right, it makes it so much more sad that his kids are so young. And even his wife, she's still young too! She might be in her 40s, but still, that's young considering they could have enjoyed at least 40 more years together.

As sad I am about this, I think it was very selfish of Steve Irwin to continue tempting death like he did. If he was single and didn't have any obligations then I wouldn't feel that way, but he wasn't. He had a beautiful family that needed him, and yet he deliberately put his life in danger countless times. He put his exploits above his family, and because of this, his family has to suffer. If you're going to choose to live a very dangerous life as he did, don't expect to live long, because you won't. Additionally, don't have a family if you're not going to make them your top priority.

I'm just so sad about this because it did not have to happen, it really didn't. I would love to think that he went to heaven though, that would be a comforting thought. But I really don't know his heart and I don't know if he's in heaven right now or not, I just really hope so. This is just all so sad. :(

A lot of men have a dangerous job. Should they all go home and give them up so they can be on the safe side?

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 06:13
At least he has passion for his job.And a loving father towards his family as well:(

tr_mitch
04-09-06, 06:14
Found this out on the news today, It's pretty shocking. :yik:

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-09-06, 06:21
A lot of men have a dangerous job. Should they all go home and give them up so they can be on the safe side?

Some men have to deal with danger, like my dad did in the war, but Steve Irwin didn't. He deliberately put himself in danger when he didn't have to. That's putting his family below his thrill seeking. If he had to do all of that to put food on the table for them, then so be it, but that clearly was not the case. He had different alternatives, no doubt about that.

I'm not trying to bash him, obviously it makes me terribly sad that he is gone, it even made me cry! It just seems to wrong to me because it didn't have to happen, but it did. He put himself in danger purposely, knowing that he could die. His 2-year-old child isn't even going to remember who he was. That is so sad.

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 06:23
I just checked out Wikipedia, they already uploaded his biography.News are very fast these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

scoopy_loopy
04-09-06, 06:26
Crikey!

Yes I just heard on the radio, poor bugger!

God, I hope his family is ok!

Oh well, another death of an australian Icon, now we have nothing left to be famous about :P

Lone Raider
04-09-06, 06:28
Crikey!

Yes I just heard on the radio, poor bugger!

God, I hope his family is ok!

Oh well, another death of an australian Icon, now we have nothing left to be famous about :P
why, who else has just died?

jackles
04-09-06, 06:30
Steve Irwin was my age. I was watching him a few weeks ago up the trees with orang utans and he was 50 feet up a tree and all i could think was he must be mad! However I don't think he could help hinself, his passion for animals surpassed any fear and his wife knew what sort of guy he was before she married him. I think she will find some comfort in the fact he went doing something he loved as opposed to being killed in a car accident or something.

Keeps making me well up. He was a good guy and there are so many others in the world who are not loving fathers and husbands out there walking the earth.

Rest in peace Steve.

scoopy_loopy
04-09-06, 06:32
Well Steve Iriwn being Australia's only famous person, after Nicole Kidman, and she doesnt even live in australia any more!

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-09-06, 06:34
What about Kylie Manogue? I guess she's not really super popular now though...

Lone Raider
04-09-06, 06:37
Well Steve Iriwn being Australia's only famous person, after Nicole Kidman, and she doesnt even live in australia any more!
ok but Nicole Kidman's not dead. :) She even survived Tom Cruise lol

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 06:39
What about her? She's not dead:confused:

Lone Raider
04-09-06, 06:41
She's recovering from breast cancer, so she's keeping out of the limelight right now.

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-09-06, 06:41
I never said she was dead, I was stating that she was an Australian star that was alive.

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 06:42
^was alive?

I get you btw :p

Autolycus
04-09-06, 06:43
OMG. just heard that he's dead it's terrible news, used to watch him quite alot the things he used to do made me think "this guy has got to be out of his mind" but everything he did was in the animals best interest.

larastomb
04-09-06, 06:51
OMG. I liked Steve. His show was good. I'm in shock.

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-09-06, 06:57
^was alive?

I get you btw :p

omg you caught my messup. lol.

jarhead
04-09-06, 08:10
i thought this was a joke but i guess he died in the way someone like that should die

wonder iof it ever crossed his mind that he could die ?

ivannnnn
04-09-06, 08:19
I'm sorry to hear that :(:(:(

*PRAY,PRAY*
"God,send him to the heaven"

frostfur452
04-09-06, 08:22
I was like WTF when I logged onto my MSN just then after coming home from work to seee several people online with the turtle (tu) in their names... I was like... WHAT? But it is truly sad news.

Mad Tony
04-09-06, 08:31
I was quite upset when I heard this. :(
Even though he does such a dangerous job, I never actually thought he's die doing it.

frostfur452
04-09-06, 08:34
I was quite upset when I heard this. :(
Even though he does such a dangerous job, I never actually thought he's die doing it.

Neither did I

Natla'd
04-09-06, 08:37
It's so sad. I used to love Steve Irwin when I was younger, I went to see the film twice. I haven't paid much attention to him recently, though - just seems so odd that he's not around any more. The same way I felt about Richard Whitely and Ronnie Barker, really.

Bonez
04-09-06, 08:43

Shes still very popular... but yeah shes just recovered from breast cancer.

Very sad that steve Irwin has died. Must be awful for his family I hope they are ok.

meansizzler
04-09-06, 08:44
Considering the 11 year age gap would of thought Austin Stevens would of gone first, I mean Irwin might of been crazy but stevens was insane!!!, he would crawl into tight caves full of rattle snakes, I mean that's just crazy!!!..apparently Irwin was jsut minding his own busniess when the stingray attacked for no apparent reason..

Ampersand
04-09-06, 08:45
Just heard about it this morning. Such a shame. :( I feel sorry for his family. :(

Angelx14
04-09-06, 08:55
I even didn't knew that..Aww, poor he..:(
Best wishes to his family..

CuteKittenlol
04-09-06, 09:09
Im shocked, I knew it was a dangerous job but i could never have imagined that he would die from doing it :(
Thats so sad :(

larasfrend
04-09-06, 09:10
Wow this is truly saddening. :( To be honest I was never a fan of his show, but I still feel sorry that he passed away. I wish his family all the strenght in the world.

Thorir
04-09-06, 09:17
Oh no...
I liked him. :(

Catlantean
04-09-06, 09:31
Can't say it's unexpected given the nature of what he did for a living...but still, I'm sad that he died. At least he lived an eventful, interesting life that he wanted to live.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Bullethail
04-09-06, 09:35
Of all the ways to die...

Doing what you love best?

Man, I used to watch his shows. Sad.

Rivendell
04-09-06, 10:04
Can't say it's unexpected given the nature of what he did for a living...but still, I'm sad that he died. At least he lived an eventful, interesting life that he wanted to live.

True, he led an amazing life! It's a big shame for his family, condolences to them..

scoopy_loopy
04-09-06, 10:06
For anyone wondering what the turtles are for on MSN, they are a tribute for Steve.

So if any of you would like to put one up, go for it.

its (tu)[your usernamehere]

Lavinder
04-09-06, 10:11
Oh god, this is so shocking. I use to watch his shows all the time when I use to be attatched to animal planet. It's so bloody awful, I always thought he would never get hurt!

:( I feel so sad now, what a thing to wake up to. His poor wife and kids :(

Reggie
04-09-06, 10:20
I heard the tragic news this morning, I used to watch him all the time and even got my little brother hooked on it since he was a baby...such a shame. :(

CoxyAppo
04-09-06, 10:21
his show was on ITV yesterday, i used to love it, it was so interesting.

my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Andromeda66
04-09-06, 10:22
My condolences for his family. :( I used to watch his shows everyday.

Draco
04-09-06, 10:32
I think it was very selfish of Steve Irwin to continue tempting death like he did.

All you have to do to tempt Death, is live Life

rachkitten
04-09-06, 11:25
I just woke up and saw the news of TV, its so sad , i mean his children are really young and they'll not have a father to grow up with :(

Greenkey2
04-09-06, 11:32
Sad news :(. His contributions to wildlife conservation were enormous.

Night_Heaven
04-09-06, 11:47
Well...first of all you must stop being sad. Death is not something scary or ugly.Maybe he has gone to a better place.
Second,It was predictiable he was goona die as he don't used any kind of protection while swiming and soo.
Third,his zoo will remain like forever to keep his memories.
Death will came after us all eventualy:)

Trust In Trent
04-09-06, 12:04
I know.. it's really bad, my heart felt feelings go out towards his famliy.

As they said he loved doing what he did best when he died

RIP Mate.

thepetemaster
04-09-06, 12:24
R.I.P Steve.

So young, my thoughts go out to his family.

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-09-06, 12:52
I don't think he was selfish at all... Maybe a little, because he put himself (and even one of his little babies once) in harm's way many times. But he was just living his life doing what he loved. This is very sad news. :(

tlr online
04-09-06, 13:53
I am stunned about this. I only just heard on the BBC. :(

tlr online
04-09-06, 13:54
What ****es me off about the media is that everyone is mentioning that "baby incident" in 2004. I bet his wife and kids are loving reading about that having just lost their husband and father.

****ers!

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-09-06, 13:56
What ****es me off about the media is that everyone is mentioning that "baby incident" in 2004. I bet his wife and kids are loving reading about that having just lost their husband and father.

****ers!

Before today, I didn't even know he did that. I was shocked, but he said he knew what he was doing.

UNDERTAKER
04-09-06, 14:16
Really sad about this. But when you think about it, he died doing what he loves best and I take comfort in this fact.

Dazzy
04-09-06, 14:17
Steve Irwin, crocodile Hunter, has died after being stung by a stingray. Sad news

I heard about this today, so R.I.P Steve Irwin. I didn't know him that well, as I haven't seen many of his programmes, but he was a brace guy.

Jonnipants
04-09-06, 14:27
Rest in peace, croc hunter :( He was a brave man and a great entertainer. But he lead a risky, dangerous life, it was bound to happen eventually. =/

saray
04-09-06, 14:53
its such sad news. i can't believe he died at 44. i hope his family is okay, and that his children grow up to be proud of him. R.I.P steve irwin :(

T.Onix
04-09-06, 14:55

Im saddened too. My mom called me only to give me the new. I liked him so much, except when he fed that croc with his baby on the other arm. He was so young also, a friend of mine said "I knew his luck would run out". However, this is a sad day for me. I feel sorry for his family, and his animals, they'll miss him too.

BtoFu
04-09-06, 15:01
I'll be honest..I laughed my ass off when I heard about this. :o The guy was a fruitcake with some insane passion for his work, which I can totally appreciate but ya gotta figure that when you're taking so many risks..it's only gonna be a matter of time. RIP Steve-o.

scion05
04-09-06, 15:10
well it was his fault for what he did....
but.... poor guy... :(

Apofiss
04-09-06, 15:26
It's quite hard to believe what happened, didn't watch his shows much.. but still :(

Henhead
04-09-06, 16:20
Gutted :(

Twiin
04-09-06, 16:31
It was so surreal when I heard about his death on the news - I thought they were joking at first! I dunno, it feels like I know him because I used to watch Crocodile Hunter all the time... it's just really weird. Though, I'm sure he would've prefered to die doing what he loves !

Tomb Raider Master
04-09-06, 16:33
Yeah, I heard on the news this morning. Man, I feel so sorry for him. :(

T.Onix
04-09-06, 16:35
I'll be honest..I laughed my ass off when I heard about this. :o The guy was a fruitcake with some insane passion for his work, which I can totally appreciate but ya gotta figure that when you're taking so many risks..it's only gonna be a matter of time. RIP Steve-o.

I'm not sure about this. He left something more than just wrestling against animals. He kinda showed that even fierce creatures have a reason to be fierce. That it's their nature, and because of that, they have to be respected as all living things are. He never hunted as a sport or anything. Even if we saw him sometimes as a showoff, I learned that value. Man and these animals can co-exist, and he showed also how vulnerable man is compared with this creatures, and how beautiful they are, if you learn to understand their wildness.

I just cant imagine all his final thoughts. He had so much to give still, and speacially to his family, that's what breaks my heart.:(

Scottlee
04-09-06, 17:50
He was a great man, one of the most charming and passionate people you're ever likely to see on television. His love of animals has always endeared him to me. I would love to get some of his shows on DVD ; I just never get around to it.

R.I.P Steve.

ILG49ers
04-09-06, 17:53
When I first heard about this I was really shocked. It's very sad. :(

I guess it was bound to happen really…I just feel bad for his family.

Angel666
04-09-06, 17:59
My dad told me this morning when I woke up. I'm kind of glad he got to go out with a bang. He didn't strike me the type of guy to be happy old and decrepit and not being able to be with the animals. I think he would have prefered going out like this than bald in a hospital with tubes up his nose. RIP Steve Irwin.

Taleigha
04-09-06, 18:00
woah thats sad like. i thought he was indestructable. he was so entertaining and funny.

i was just watching it on the news there. its like when my 18 year old cousin died in an accident last year - unbelievable.

im off on holiday to oz this month. itll be sad cause itll probz be everywhere over there. at least he died doing what he loved.

MiCkiZ88
04-09-06, 18:04
I just saw this in the news here :(
I feel really sor for his family.

ChocChipCookie
04-09-06, 18:31
:( This is very sad news. When I first heard that he'd been killed, I just automatically assumed that it was a croc or a snake. When I discovered it was a relatively harmless stingray that killed him , I couldn't believe it. So unlucky:(

I loved watching his shows because he was so passionate about what he did. He will be greatly missed I'm sure.

My condolences to his wife and children.

AnthonyShock1515
04-09-06, 18:37
I know, my mother told me an hour ago, at forst I thought they were talking about a local man, but then my stepdad corrected me. Gutting, but we could all see it coming.

AnthonyShock1515
04-09-06, 18:38
omg it was filmed too!:(

tampi
04-09-06, 19:20
I did not want to think that he was he :(

proverb says:
as much the pitcher goes to the source that in the end is broken

Assassino
04-09-06, 19:25
:(:(
I loved Steve...why go by stingray when tackling far worse creatures?!

saray
04-09-06, 19:27
i'm gonna get a hammer and beat the stingray with it! :mad: :mad:

MattTR
04-09-06, 20:08
He was a great guy who taught us alot, it's so sad. :(

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 20:20
we don't want a second accident now sarah

Trust In Trent
04-09-06, 20:29
we don't want a second accident now sarah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE2hy7OAlMk&mode=related&search=

Something you may want too watch.

Ampersand
04-09-06, 20:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE2hy7OAlMk&mode=related&search=

Something you may want too watch.

Bless him. :(

tombraiderluka
04-09-06, 22:03
I heard it on the news today I was really shocked.I liked watching his Croc Hunter SHows :(:(:(:(

TRhistorian
04-09-06, 22:15
He was a good man...he truely was...at least he died the way he said he wanted to; doing what he does best. :(

DREWY
05-09-06, 06:09
Just as a foot note:

Irwin was snorkeling off the Great Barrier Reef in Australia's Queensland to film Ocean's Deadliest, a documentary on dangerous marine life. As Irwin swam over the stingray, it drove its poisonous serrated tail into Irwin's heart, says friend and colleague John Stainton, who was with Irwin on his research vessel Croc One. A doctor aboard the ship was unable to resuscitate Irwin, who died before a rescue helicopter arrived.

Deaths from stingrays were rare, Australian experts say, with the only other previous known case in Australia occurring more than 60 years ago. "Although the venom may cause tissue damage, the physical trauma in this case would have been enough to cause a lethal injury," said clinical toxicologist Geoff Isbister, a specialist in bites and stings.

This just shows just how unlucky he was. Only the second in Austalian history to die this way! Having said that, I imagine he would by far preferred to go this way than a more normal way.A larger than life individual. He lived differently and died differently. R.I.P Steve

scoopy_loopy
05-09-06, 06:22
Second,It was predictiable he was goona die as he don't used any kind of protection while swiming and soo.
Third,his zoo will remain like forever to keep his memories.
Death will came after us all eventualy:)

dont even pretend you know what your talking about.

Protection at the great barrier reef?! It was a freak accident inwhich the barb of a string rays tail pierced his heart, slowly paralysing it.

The Australia Zoo is now flooded with cards and messages and flowers, its really nice to watch on tv, that so many people cared.

viper456
05-09-06, 09:41
it was my first day at a new college yesterday and i wasnt nervous or anything but i got there and my friend told me about Steve and i was more occupied about that the hole day :(

i hope his family are ok.

poor steve r.i.p

badboy70
05-09-06, 18:48
i never saw his show/ never heard of him, but RIP steve :(

interstellardave
05-09-06, 18:55

Somehow I think that's the very LAST thing the Crocodile Hunter would want you to do... and I wouldn't like it either! :(

Trust In Trent
05-09-06, 19:07
I say we let him RIP now. But the guy was a great conservationist.

Out of all the things, I would say steve wanted. Would be that I think :)

I don't know him, but I bet he would.

Nathan808
05-09-06, 20:23
Some men have to deal with danger, like my dad did in the war, but Steve Irwin didn't. He deliberately put himself in danger when he didn't have to. That's putting his family below his thrill seeking. If he had to do all of that to put food on the table for them, then so be it, but that clearly was not the case. He had different alternatives, no doubt about that.

I'm not trying to bash him, obviously it makes me terribly sad that he is gone, it even made me cry! It just seems to wrong to me because it didn't have to happen, but it did. He put himself in danger purposely, knowing that he could die. His 2-year-old child isn't even going to remember who he was. That is so sad.

I see what you're saying Mel, but his wife loved the danger too. They did a lot of stuff together, he was just in the limelight because of his name and reputation. I don't think she would have wanted him to quit, I don't think she herself would want to quit. They were trained professionals, what happened was an accident, not a bound to happen. It's like a jet fighter whose plane runs out of fuel and crashes, even though they took every precaution. They did what they loved, and they loved these wild animals. It was their dream. I don't think they would've or should've stopped doing their job. HOWEVER, I do agree in saying that they should have WAITED to have kids. They should have waited till they felt more satisfied with their careers. Not an argument, just my two cents. (You need to get on MSN more!)

Lara Coft Baby
05-09-06, 21:05
my mom was telling me some think like, he killed him self. She said she heard that when he was stunk by the ray he pulled the stinger out and thats what killed him. Cause its your natual reaction to pull some thing out like that. And she said that if he would have left it in he might have lived. But of course like i said its a natual reaction to pull some thing out like that. I loved watching his show i thought was kind of crazy for doing what he did. :(

Lara Croft!
05-09-06, 22:18

Τhat poor man!Sad news indeed!

Eleanna123
05-09-06, 22:31
i never saw his show/ never heard of him, but RIP steve :(

Same here...

Such a terrible thing to happen though... His poor family... :(

viper456
05-09-06, 22:35
apparently, i dont know how much truth there is in this, his family have said they want the eppisodes, including the one where Steve had his fatal accident to be aired. I dunno what to believe, but i doubt very much that somethingso horrific would be put on the TV surely.

i dont know, bless him :(

DragonDan
05-09-06, 22:35
A good person. My thoughts are with his family.

Lonely Istari
06-09-06, 04:04
ok but Nicole Kidman's not dead. :) She even survived Tom Cruise lol

:vlol: and that doesn't seem to be too easy a task! :p

Poor Steve Irwin... the guy drove me nuts and I could only watch him for about 10 minutes before I had a headache, but for some reason I am really sad for him and his family!

I heard today that only 17 people in the history of the world have died from a sting ray attack including Steve Irwin. How wierd that he should die from a sting ray and not a raging beast of a croc!

Lonely Istari
06-09-06, 04:06
apparently, i dont know how much truth there is in this, his family have said they want the eppisodes, including the one where Steve had his fatal accident to be aired. I dunno what to believe, but i doubt very much that somethingso horrific would be put on the TV surely.

:yik: That would be so terrible! yet so interesting!

who would want to watch him die though??? that would be soooo depressing! yet for some reason I want to know what happened and want to see it! Does that make me sick? lol

SpongeBob Lover
06-09-06, 04:08
i still feel really bad :( :( cant stop thinking about him :( and he was soo dedicated to animals, i just thought of him like imortal, i never thought he would die :(

Shark_Blade
06-09-06, 04:33
Death scenes aren't supposed to be watched as to respect the one who died.
take Princess Diana for example.Her family was angry when people aired her car accident scene where it took her life.

I don't know about Steve's family. Maybe there's a reason behind it.

Lonely Istari
06-09-06, 04:41
Call me crazy but there is a small part of me that wants to see that video. Though 80% detests the thought.

Neteru
06-09-06, 04:46
Many of us have a morbid curiosity about so many things, no matter how much they might actually repulse us.

Jacob x5
06-09-06, 04:49

I think Steve Irwin himself was the sort of person who would want the documentary to be shown (or at least, what there is of it), but perhaps not the bit of his death. :p

DREWY
06-09-06, 04:55
Steve was filming a segment for his daughters documentry. Was all on tape. (is on the net if you search, why?) Human nature I suppose. How much is shown will be up to the family. Saw a pic on the news of the barb same as what killed him. Is 6 - 8 inches long. That won't do anyone any good, stuck in your heart, poison or not.

From my post above
Deaths from stingrays were rare, Australian experts say, with the only other previous known case in Australia occurring more than 60 years ago. "Although the venom may cause tissue damage, the physical trauma in this case would have been enough to cause a lethal injury," said clinical toxicologist Geoff Isbister, a specialist in bites and stings.

Only 2 in Australian history! To use an Aussie saying, "you don't have to be dead to be stiff" Although in this case, dead unlucky