PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Portable?????

Crofty_Tomb
04-09-06, 07:26
My guess, now is that PSP is an antique since next-gen games are not compatible to it... (cause it has PS2 graphics). Iwas wondering if there will be plans on PS3 Portable.

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 07:33
Not anytime soon I guess :whi:
And the psp was released..for how many months now?

Crofty_Tomb
04-09-06, 07:36
Yeah but the graphics of PSP and PS2 are going to be dated as soon as PS3 comes out since only next-gen games are going to be made...

Cochrane
04-09-06, 08:12
PSP is still state of the art as far as handhelds are concerned. Because handhelds have much tighter energy budgets and far less room for cooling, I don't think Sony could introduce an affordable PS3 portable within the next two years even if they wanted to.

Mad Tony
04-09-06, 08:25
Yeah but the graphics of PSP and PS2 are going to be dated as soon as PS3 comes out since only next-gen games are going to be made...
No.
Even when all the next gen consoles are out, PS2 games and such will still be manufactured and popular for at least another year.

Dazzy
04-09-06, 14:31
There will never be a Playstation 3 Portable ever!

Tombreaper
04-09-06, 21:02
PSP is still state of the art as far as handhelds are concerned. Because handhelds have much tighter energy budgets and far less room for cooling, I don't think Sony could introduce an affordable PS3 portable within the next two years even if they wanted to.

True, PSP is state of the art concerning handhelds.
A PS3 portable is theoretically spoken possible, but would cost too much, and ff course it's not necessary, given that the PSP is only at the beginning of it's life cycle, all games available are using only 2/3 max. of the systems hardware capabilities. (The PSP is still 'locked' for running full spec games)

Legend of Lara
05-09-06, 00:01
PSP an antique??!!?? What next?
"LOL OMG Teh DS is so cr0p cu5 t3h Wii is te4 b3tt3r gr2fix! LOL OMG"

God Horus
05-09-06, 00:14
PSP2 is being made right now according to some site a was looking at a few days ago.

TRhistorian
05-09-06, 00:16
PSP2 is being made right now according to some site a was looking at a few days ago.

Yes, according to PSM magazine, there currently is a PSP2 being manufactured and will be released sometime aroud March/April 2007.

Tombreaper
05-09-06, 02:10
Yes, according to PSM magazine, there currently is a PSP2 being manufactured and will be released sometime aroud March/April 2007.

Yeah, a new design, not really.
There will be 2 new add-ons: a camera and a GPS module.

Legend of Lara
06-09-06, 17:00
Besides, making a handheld of PS3's quality is practically impossible!