PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Lara Croft to actress Angelina Jolie

tlr online
04-09-06, 10:50
LARA CROFT A MATCH FOR ANGELINA JOLIE
Copyright 2006 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ September 4th 2006 ]

Sony UK's Ray Maguire has used a promotional event in London to argue that superior eye candy made possible by advances in next-gen consoles is no longer a top priority for game developers.

"We are no longer interested in graphics per se, because graphics chips can do that for us, but the central processors of all the new games machines are about making games more compelling by adding in artificial intelligence," he said.

Maguire illustrated his point by comparing video-game heroine Lara Croft to her human motion-picture counterpart, Angelina Jolie, stating the main difference was that Angelina Jolie was capable of emotions and visible thought.

Focusing on AI, developers are able to add more realism to computer generated characters. "The Cell chip is so powerful it can do 256 million calculations per second. That means one thing for us in the videogames industry: artificial intelligence."

FULL ARTICLE (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines2889.html)

Greenkey2
04-09-06, 11:37
Interesting article :wve: Perhaps there will come a day when Lara can turn round to you and say, "Are you blind?! The switch is over THERE! You've had me walk past it four times already!"

MiCkiZ88
04-09-06, 11:43
"Are you blind?! The switch is over THERE! You've had me walk past it four times already!"
:vlol:

Really intresting article! Thanks for sharing :)

Autolycus
04-09-06, 11:47
Thanks for sharing the article tlr, interesting.

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-09-06, 12:53
Thanks for posting. :wve: I thought the only main difference was funny. :p

tlr online
04-09-06, 13:46
Thanks for posting. :wve: I thought the only main difference was funny. :p
Yeah. One being real and one NOT might have made a moot point to his argument :p

frostfur452
04-09-06, 13:55
Interesting article :wve: Perhaps there will come a day when Lara can turn round to you and say, "Are you blind?! The switch is over THERE! You've had me walk past it four times already!"

Thats what I need!!! xD lol

Jacob x5
04-09-06, 14:40
That's interesting, but I don't think it's the main thing that makes a good game.

Lavinder
04-09-06, 14:45
Sounds good, but personally I like to have full control over my character.

Apofiss
04-09-06, 14:54
Too good AI can be troublesome for a normal gameplay as we are used to, *uuh* I want a game not a real-life simulator lol :D Interesting article btw.

Tomb Raider Master
04-09-06, 16:35
That's... Nice. :D

Angelx14
04-09-06, 17:11
Very interesting..Thanks for sharing.:)

saray
04-09-06, 17:23
thanks for sharing. great article :D :wve: