PDA

View Full Version : The most difficult game you EVER played?

Jonnipants
04-09-06, 17:23
Has to be Ecco the Dolphin for me, I just couldn't work it out! Are there any games that you just couldn't beat?

A few others...
Wipeout for Ps1- Couldn't control the damn things..
Mario Brothers for NES - That was hard. O.o King Kooper always got me. :vlol:
TR3 I think it's the only TR game I cheated on :( But I haven't played it since I was a kid.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES - :hea:

Ahh..the good old days when games were difficult :hea:

StarCroft:AOD
04-09-06, 17:27
The Ten Star Ranking Mode in SH1 and SH3.:o

Angel_14
04-09-06, 17:32
TR Legend

:vlol:

No, the most diffcult game was TR3 and Primal :o

Jonnipants
04-09-06, 17:34
TR Legend

I was waiting for someone to say that.. :vlol:

StarCroft:AOD
04-09-06, 17:47
TR Legend

I was expecting that!.:eek:

Elysia
04-09-06, 17:47
A PC game called Silver. I really wanted to play it, but the combat system was unworkable - you had to move your mouse in sharp sweeps to attack (as if the mouse was the sword). Problem was, you also had to use your mouse to move too, meaning that your character would turn around at inconvenient times ar charge towards enemies before you were ready...

Another one was NewZealand Story on the Commadore64. It was a basic 2D classic arcade type platformer, but the complete lack of a save facility and the ability to only have three lives at any one time meant that it was impossible to finish... although my brother and I gave it a damn good go! :D

illuminati30
04-09-06, 17:53
Not sure really. Some of the old school classics are almost impossible. In these days, nobody ever finished a game, and if you someone did it was rare! Not being able to save was a reason, but also because they were bloody hard.

TR freak
04-09-06, 17:56
Probably tr3. The first RE games were quite difficult. They might be easier now but I remember finding them extremely difficult as a child.

jarhead
04-09-06, 17:58
Wu Tang or something like that, the matches were like 3 against 1

TR freak
04-09-06, 17:59
Has to be Ecco the Dolphin for me, I just couldn't work it out! Are there any games that you just couldn't beat?

A few others...
Wipeout for Ps1- Couldn't control the damn things..
Mario Brothers for NES - That was hard. O.o King Kooper always got me. :vlol:
TR3 I think it's the only TR game I cheated on :( But I haven't played it since I was a kid.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES - :hea:

Ahh..the good old days when games were difficult :hea:
Everybody says that about ecco. I loved ecco and yes it was quite challenging but I got used to it after a little time. I love ecco and I cant wait for the sega megadrive collection to be released so I can play it again.

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-09-06, 18:03
Myst IV: Revelation. I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to be doing in that game.

ILG49ers
04-09-06, 18:09
A good while back I rented a Final Fantasy game for the PS1, (I can't remember which FF it was) and I had no idea what to do! That was the most difficult game I remember ever playing.

Shark_Blade
04-09-06, 18:11
Devil May Cry 3
Shadow the Hedgehog

:( Tomb Raider 3,and it was very dark too.

Jonnipants
04-09-06, 18:27
Myst IV: Revelation. I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to be doing in that game.

Oh yes!

God, yes....

thepetemaster
04-09-06, 18:36
A PC game called Silver. I really wanted to play it, but the combat system was unworkable - you had to move your mouse in sharp sweeps to attack (as if the mouse was the sword). Problem was, you also had to use your mouse to move too, meaning that your character would turn around at inconvenient times ar charge towards enemies before you were ready...

Another one was NewZealand Story on the Commadore64. It was a basic 2D classic arcade type platformer, but the complete lack of a save facility and the ability to only have three lives at any one time meant that it was impossible to finish... although my brother and I gave it a damn good go! :D

I'm with you on that one Elysia! :tmb:

TrojanMan
04-09-06, 20:02
Metal Slug 3 on Xbox. Holy cow that game is crazy.

Thorir
04-09-06, 21:44
Nightshade.

You´re a ninja, jumping around in the air, killing mechanical monsters...Platform-action. I fell down from vehicles into certain death about 999999999999999999999999 times. The bosses are also rip your eyes out-difficult! And that´s on easy mode!

Tombreaper
04-09-06, 21:53
Turok 2 on N64 :hea:
But I've played the game from the beginning till the end.:cln:

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-09-06, 22:09
Hmm... I'm not sure. DMC3 was pretty hard, and so was Viewtiful Joe on adult mode, but I'm not sure about the hardest games ever though.

Legend of Lara
04-09-06, 22:11
Shadow the Hedgehog- Really hard, many enemies, traps and obstacles, impossible missions, huge levels and tons of glitches!!! :hea:

Simpsons: Hit & Run- The chase/race missions are rock hard!

Sonic Riders- Try playing it, you'll go crazy! :mad:

TrojanMan
04-09-06, 23:18
Nightshade.

You´re a ninja, jumping around in the air, killing mechanical monsters...Platform-action. I fell down from vehicles into certain death about 999999999999999999999999 times. The bosses are also rip your eyes out-difficult! And that´s on easy mode!

Shinobi is way harder.

Also, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is absurdly difficult. The enemies and bosses exploit the critical and elemental advantage system to an unfair extent, and if the main character faints, game over, even if the remaining party members are still alive.

God Horus
04-09-06, 23:19
POP Sands of Time

Thorir
04-09-06, 23:45
Shinobi is way harder.

So I´ve read, that´s why I´m NOT going to buy it! :D

Karri
05-09-06, 03:57
Virtua Fighter 1 on Saturn, on hardest.
It's hard because it's so unplayable. Horrible control.

Lost_Raider
05-09-06, 03:59
F-22 TAW. Four years of trying, only 20% finished. I can't believe the combined might of the US and UK arm forces can't beat Sudan no matter how hard I tried...allied forces has been officially humiliated for 500 times in a row as of today...and I ditched sleep yeaterday for this outcome.

ingistefans
05-09-06, 05:56
Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the templars
Give me a break I was 10 at the time:P I just couldnt figure out how the *helvíti* I was suppose to get past the goat in the castle in Ireland, then I lost the disk and havent played it since. But had no problems with BS3 a year ago.

Also another hard ones were Stuntman and Driver 2, just repeating and repeating over and over again the same stupid mission.

Shark_Blade
05-09-06, 06:01
It's fun but it's harder than Sonic Heroes!!:hea:

and G H, I think Prince of Persia Sands of Time is easier than it's sequeal. I still can't get through WW(I was lost!!! I kept going back and forth through time(present/future):mad:) and T2T(twin boss):hea:

Jonnipants
05-09-06, 08:25
I think the new 3D Sonic games are stupidly difficult! The controls are too sensitive and he is way too fast, I think the engine needs tweaking. Tap left and he flings off to outta space

"Game Over!"

Blackmoor
05-09-06, 08:50
That I was prepared to keep at it? Jak II

ivannnnn
05-09-06, 08:56
TR 4 :mad:

maybe that's all :)

raiderfun
05-09-06, 09:08
:whi: :whi: :whi: :whi: errrrmmmm ...........Let's seee...
Can't remember. Played TOOOO many hard games , and finished them . :)

Nephili
05-09-06, 09:15
Hmm i would have to go with Super Mario for Nes, Tomb Raider 3, and Final Fantasy VII the first time i played it.

Mona Sax
05-09-06, 09:16
- Double Dragon II
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (the action version, not the adventure game)

TR freak
05-09-06, 12:27
Shadow the Hedgehog- Really hard, many enemies, traps and obstacles, impossible missions, huge levels and tons of glitches!!! :hea:

Simpsons: Hit & Run- The chase/race missions are rock hard!

The simpsons hit and run :eek: Thats one of the easiest, funnest and funniest games I've ever played. I'm guessing you've only just started it and are still getting used to it.

MiCkiZ88
05-09-06, 19:18
GOD OF WAR!! :eek:

Mad Tony
05-09-06, 19:22
Sonic The Hedgehog for Sega Megadrive.
Area 51 aswell.
I haven't played it, but i've seen my brother play it and it looked really hard.

Trigger_happy
05-09-06, 20:10
im too thick to play hard games, i normally give up. Like ages ago, we had Chickenrun for the PS1 and we got stuck and we left it for like 3 years and came back and finished the whole game in 1 hour.

saray
06-09-06, 15:57
there was this game aggeesss ago ... i can't remeber exactly what it was called, but there was an alien called abe, and it farted when you pressed the "X" button... it was amusing as a 7/8 year old :p but i found it soo hard! :(

TR freak
06-09-06, 16:03
there was this game aggeesss ago ... i can't remeber exactly what it was called, but there was an alien called abe, and it farted when you pressed the "O" button... it was amusing as a 7/8 year old :p but i found it soo hard! :(
I love that game! Oddworld abes oddysee and Oddworld abes exodus. I love them games. Oh and the x button farts btw. In abes exodus you can possess you're farts and blow stuff up. That game has it all. Its quite difficult at first and you have to think about what you have to do before you do it. You get used to it tho and everything becomes natural.

saray
06-09-06, 16:15
:o thanks ! :p *edited* :D i loved it soo much! :D and i couldnt get away from this big evil alien things fast enough :p

Crofty_Tomb
06-09-06, 16:15
1) Walt Disney Hercules PC Game! It was so hard, back then!
2) TR1, STILL havent finished it! PC
3) Mortal Kombat 4 (I loved Tanya!) but it was so hard to beat them all
4) TR: AOD i was in Parisian Ghetto for sooooooooo many weeks! and lots of months past and I saw it on the shelf and decided to play! ;)
5) (FUTURE TR:AE!) :D

Lara Croft!
06-09-06, 16:24
TR Legend

:vlol:

No, the most diffcult game was TR3 and Primal :o

LMFAO!!!!!! :D :D :D

TRIII and IV for me!

Lara's Boy
06-09-06, 16:29
ALL of the Myst games (yes, I know I'm thick :p)
TR3
RE4

I don't play many games, so when I choose one I like them to be easy enough for me to beat on my own :D

TR freak
06-09-06, 16:33
ALL of the Myst games (yes, I know I'm thick :p)
TR3
RE4

I don't play many games, so when I choose one I like them to be easy enough for me to beat on my own :D
If you think RE4 is hard you should play the classic RE games. RE4 is the only RE I've been able to complete and even RE4 took me a few months to complete. RE is one of the hardest game series ever if not the hardest.

Lara's Boy
06-09-06, 16:36
If you think RE4 is hard you should play the classic RE games. RE4 is the only RE I've been able to complete and even RE4 took me a few months to complete. RE is one of the hardest game series ever if not the hardest.

I have played the classic RE's :wve:

They weren't easy, but I found them eaiser than RE4.

Atlantean-Squid
06-09-06, 16:49
Doom on GBA. There was one level I simply couldn't work out how to complete, and I got horrible shoulder muscle pains whenever I played it. :(

TR freak
06-09-06, 16:51
I suppose the action and the enemies are harder in RE4. Puzzles are alot harder in classics tho. Also save feature was harder in classics and it was harder to conserve ammo than it is in RE4. I find RE4 alot better as its more fast paced and alot more fun. Its still very difficult for me but not too difficult like classics were for me. For me classic RE's were too hard that it made the games not fun to play. Thats why I love the new approach with RE4.

Lara's Boy
06-09-06, 17:05
lol...I think all of the fast paced action and what not is what made RE4 so difficult for me; it wasn't what I was expecting from an RE title, lol. I love the puzzles in the classics, though a few just made me want to rip my eyes out, lol

TR freak
06-09-06, 17:07
lol...I think all of the fast paced action and what not is what made RE4 so difficult for me; it wasn't what I was expecting from an RE title, lol. I love the puzzles in the classics, though a few just made me want to rip my eyes out, lol
Exactly why I prefer RE4. I broke a PS1 controller thanks to classic RE's.

Lara's Boy
06-09-06, 17:09
Exactly why I prefer RE4. I broke a PS1 controller thanks to classic RE's.

Yes, the old controls were in need of an update....It just took me a while to adapt :p(I still haven't finished it, I stopped playing it several months ago and just can't get back into it). Then again, the frustrating controls is what made the classics so much fun, imo :D

TRLore
10-09-06, 18:30
Few of the dificult games I liked were:

Hexen
Strife
Resident Evil (3 and 4)
Omikron - Nomad Soul
Martian Ghotic

Most of them are old, but Gold :D

K.J
10-09-06, 18:48
The Longest Journey

ace_85
10-09-06, 18:55
Forbidden Siren. One of only two games that I've played and never finished. That game was insanely difficult. I gave up when I realised I was so frustrated that I wasn't actually having any fun. IMO, if a game isn't fun, it isn't worth playing.

(Oh, and the other game was Worms 3D, which I think had a bug near the end so you couldn't actually finish it anyway. Regardless, I snapped the CD in half, binned it and never spoke of it again :o :D)

TombRaiderLover
10-09-06, 19:01
Probably any of the original Sonic games. If only Sonic had more lives.

Gothlegend
10-09-06, 19:08
The Ten Star Ranking Mode in SH1 and SH3.:o

same here,and kingdom hearts-it was even hard with gameshark!!!!

Paul H
11-09-06, 17:34
Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the templars
Give me a break I was 10 at the time:P I just couldnt figure out how the *helvíti* I was suppose to get past the goat in the castle in Ireland,
Yes, that goat was a big problem for me too. I also struggled with some of the puzzles in Syria.

The hardest games for me were Zork Nemesis, Zork Grand Inquisitor, TR4 and Black Dahlia.

rika2
11-09-06, 17:44
The Eye Of The Beholder Triology
Nethack
All of the golden AD&D box titles (yes they're hard)
Zork I,II and III
The last level of Doom 95, Plutonia ep. in the last dificulty option (a.k.a the impossible level)

that's all I can think of...

Mad Tony
11-09-06, 17:51
Top Spin 2 for Xbox 360.
Great game, but challenging!

RAID
11-09-06, 18:04
Islander for NES

Reggie
11-09-06, 18:29
Aside from TR, I haven't come across many games that are difficult apart from Devil May Cry 3 and Super Mario Bros. 3.