PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 3 Bosses

Mad Tony
05-09-06, 16:30
Is it me or are the MGS3 bosses incredibly easy?

Ocelot Unit: IMO, much harder than any of the members of the Cobra Unit.
Because there are more of them.

Ocelot: He's not a very good aim, just keep shooting him with a pistol and he's dead easy.

The Pain: All you have to do is shoot him with a shot gun a few times and keep swimming from island to island.

The Fear: Equip thermal gogles and shoot him with the AK a few times.
Ok, he can jump from tree to tree prettey fast, but he usually lingers in the smae tree until you shoot him.

The EndWhen you fight him, save the game and put your PS2's time configureation 8 days forward or more, and when you load it up again, he will have died of old age.

The Fury: Lay down at the end of the passage way and shoot him with a shotgun when he walks past, he doesn't even figure out where you are :vlol:
About 5 shots will kill him.

The Sorrow: Take the fake death pill and then the revival pill, and you're done!

Volgin: It's prettey easy to dogge his attacks and he often turns round to recharge or shout at Ocelot.
Which gives you tons of time to fire shotgun shells at him.
Which like a lot of the other bosses, it doesn't take much to defeat him.

Shagohod and VolginYou have unlimited ammo for the fight against the Shagohad, just shoot the treads a couple of times with the RPG and then shoot the back, and you're done.
Although the second is slightly more difficult as you have to shoot volgin on top of the Shagohod. And you don't have unlimited ammo.

The Boss: A couple of Punch-Punch Kick combos knock her to the ground.
From there you can shoot her with the shotgun.
Repeat this process about 3 or 4 times and you're done.

I found basically all these boss battles really easy.
Anyone else who has played MGS3 found these any difficult?

Tombreaper
05-09-06, 16:38
Easy, but it all looks awesome.

tr_mitch
05-09-06, 16:47
That all depends on your level of Difficulty, The Boss was definatley not easy my first time through.
And i take it from what you wrote, You played it on Very easy.... Up the difficulty to increase the hardness of Boss Battles.

DUUHHHH :D

Mad Tony
05-09-06, 16:51
That all depends on your level of Difficulty, The Boss was definatley not easy my first time through.
And i take it from what you wrote, You played it on Very easy.... Up the difficulty to increase the hardness of Boss Battles.

DUUHHHH :D
Yes, I did play it on very easy.
Seen as it was my first time through.
But I didn't once use the EZ gun on any of the bosses.

And they are still incredibly easy, even for very easy difficulty.
Like The Sorrow for example, he is the same on whatever difficulty you tackle it on.

And you can defeat The End by the method I suggested on any difficulty aswell.

And the strategy I mentioned for the fury can be used on other difficulties aswell.

tr_mitch
05-09-06, 16:56
Difference is they're harder though.... Takes longer to kill them, and they injure you more.
I wouldn't say 'the sorrow' is really a boss anyway, More of an interactive cutscene.

Mad Tony
05-09-06, 16:59
Difference is they're harder though.... Takes longer to kill them, and they injure you more.
I wouldn't say 'the sorrow' is really a boss anyway, More of an interactive cutscene.
But you can defeat The End with no problem aswell.
And most of the bosses have easy strategies to defeating them, even on harder difficulties.

tr_mitch
05-09-06, 17:03
Just play the game on Hard and then get back to us :D

Mad Tony
05-09-06, 17:05
Just play the game on Hard and then get back to us :D
Ok, i'll do boss survival mode on hard then.
:D

Moondog
15-03-11, 21:14
yes the boss battles are harder depending on the difficulty, what were you expecting playing the game on very easy. try killing The End the proper way instead of the lame way lol.

i myself am awesome at MGS 3 anyway, only finished it 15 times lol, including hard with no alerts :ton:

BtoFu
16-03-11, 02:19
It's more fun to whittle down their stamina and get their camo. As with dare say every MGS game boss, the real enjoyment comes from the situation you're dropped into and figuring different strategies for fighting them. Poisoning The Fear with Agaric Mushrooms when he gets hungry or using Glowcaps to sap Volgin's electrical charge. Vs. The End is probably the best boss fight ever in my book. Easy perhaps but it doesn't ruin the appeal of the game does it?