PDA

View Full Version : I can see my belly button again!

wantafanta
07-09-06, 05:04
Yes, it's still there. I went on an exercise plan. I ride my bicycle outside for 1 hour every day, rain or shine. It took about 3 months but I think I lost about 7 pounds. I used to come home from work and go right to the computer the rest of the night. But now I get outside and bike about 3 or 4 miles out and then come back. It was a drag at first, but now I'm in the habit and I feel guilty if I skip a day. The good thing is I don't have to go on a diet. If I eat a Klondike bar, I just bike it off with an extra couple of miles. IMO, forget dieting. It's way to hard to stay away from the slice of cake or the Milky Way bar. It takes about 2 minutes to consume 270 calories, but it takes about 45 minutes to burn it off. My doctor told me to lose the weight. Too much time at the keyboard I guess. In high school they make you take gym class. I always hated gym, but they made you go and you didn't get fat. Once I was on my own in college without the coach standing over me doing push ups, I gained 15 pounds. Yech!

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-09-06, 05:09
Well you may be able to lose weight while still eating unhealthy foods, but that doesn't mean you'll be healthy. Of course sweets and other goodies are nice on occasion, but it's all about moderation.

Congrats on losing the weight you did though, and good luck with the rest. :wve:

wantafanta
07-09-06, 05:21
I eat pretty well. I have no peanut butter or even butter in the refrigerator. No ice cream, no cheese, and just fat free milk. No eggs and no soft drinks, and no Fanta Orange. So it's not my diet. I just wan't getting enough exercise. My cholesterol is just 152. Once it was only 117 and my doctor was shaking his head. He wasn't used to seeing it that low.
I think my problem started after I got this computer. I spend hours a day in front of it instead of doing physical stuff. My friends and I in college used to go on long walks at night and do stupid things like throw snowballs at cars. Yes, college kids, if you can believe it, acting like third graders. We were dumb and immature, but we were thin!

DREWY
07-09-06, 05:25
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/2.gif Have to change your name to Don'WantaFanta now http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/6.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/cooking/4.gif
Here's to the new Buff WF!

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-09-06, 05:27
Well I'm glad you've figured out your problem wantafanta. :D

Nephili
07-09-06, 05:30
Congratulations WF! :tmb:

I dont need to lose weight, people say i need to put it on, but i would like to tone up, im thinking about joining a gym soon and maybe changing my diet a little.

Kamrusepas
07-09-06, 06:13
Well done, wantafanta :tmb:

Losing weight is a long process, I'm glad you had the persistance :)

GodOfLight
07-09-06, 06:41
i know what it's like.. it's tough at college and not falling into the quick and cheap fast food option :tea: when i got myself a gym membership at the beginning of my freshman year (my college being an art school didnt have a gym) it was so expensive ($80 per month) that it forced me to go and do something at least everyday, and it's been making a huge difference in so many ways.

so good for you :tmb:

Autolycus
07-09-06, 06:51
Hats off to you Wantafanta :tmb: lots of people start exercising with good intentions but after a while give it up as they get bored or hav'nt seen any results it's all about perseverance :)

Taleigha
07-09-06, 10:55
Yes, it's still there. I went on an exercise plan. I ride my bicycle outside for 1 hour every day, rain or shine. It took about 3 months but I think I lost about 7 pounds. I used to come home from work and go right to the computer the rest of the night. But now I get outside and bike about 3 or 4 miles out and then come back. It was a drag at first, but now I'm in the habit and I feel guilty if I skip a day. The good thing is I don't have to go on a diet. If I eat a Klondike bar, I just bike it off with an extra couple of miles. IMO, forget dieting. It's way to hard to stay away from the slice of cake or the Milky Way bar. It takes about 2 minutes to consume 270 calories, but it takes about 45 minutes to burn it off. My doctor told me to lose the weight. Too much time at the keyboard I guess. In high school they make you take gym class. I always hated gym, but they made you go and you didn't get fat. Once I was on my own in college without the coach standing over me doing push ups, I gained 15 pounds. Yech!

THATS SO GOOD!! im so pleased for you!! thats my life dream, to be a nutritionist or something to help people like yourself be healthier. my heros - gillian mckeith and jamie oliver.

and talking about the highlighted part, yeah, diets are ****e. remember - no food is a bad food. you can have everything in moderation. you cant cut out all fatty foods. wheres the pleasure in that? the thing is only to eat when youre hungry, and when you feel full - STOP! did you ever see that paul mckenna programme? he was great in that 'i can make you thin' by using mind techniques.

Greenkey2
07-09-06, 11:10
Congratulations wantafanta! :tmb:

I'm considering locking my computer in a safe and putting the key a mile down the end of my street - that way if I want to use the computer I'll have to do some walking :D Having said that I had my 3-monthly health check on Monday and the nurse was very happy with my weight, blood pressure etc etc so I'm not too worried.

Angelx14
07-09-06, 12:07
I lost 6 kg (don't know how much it will be in pounds) in 3 months, just sitting on chair and be in this forum.XD
I can bet, if I would run, then I could lose more.:D

Congratulations on you weight loss.

disneyprincess20
07-09-06, 12:28
Congratulations!

My sister put me on Atkins, and I can't stand it! I go to my boyfriends and sneak some doughnuts! I go to the gym, but only to be healthier, not to lose any weight. It's so good that you want to do it yourself, for yourself. Really, well done! :tmb:

illuminati30
07-09-06, 12:53
Thats Brilliant! Well done!

Don't forget cholesterol though. Its possible to be slim with high cholesterol. Treats in moderation. I agree though, no point trying to resist them totally! Thats not possible!

Exercise is all about finding something you enjoy. I wish i had a bike. Good music helps also! I really love both of the TR sound tracks, and have got into a whole load of bands from them. Just watch out for cars if you do this though! LOL!

Lara Croft!
07-09-06, 13:22
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/2.gif Have to change your name to Don'WantaFanta now http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/6.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/cooking/4.gif
Here's to the new Buff WF!

HAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!LMFAO!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

lita212
07-09-06, 13:27
awww man thats ace. keep up the great work!!!!

Hurrah4Lara
08-09-06, 21:23
I salute you, wantafanta:tmb:!

The key is Lifestyle!

H4L:wve:

Lavinder
08-09-06, 21:35
Good work! But I would try and eat a little bit more healthier :)

Now clean that bellybutton!

Flipper1987
09-09-06, 06:04
Congrats Wanta....it only gets harder as we get older. :) Remaining active and setting up a schedule is key.

FLIPPER

ILG49ers
10-09-06, 19:04
Congrats! :tmb:

You should be proud! I lost around 40 pounds since June 2005, so I know the feeling!

Anyone want to see a before and after picture of me? :p