PDA

View Full Version : I found a kitten!

BtoFu
07-09-06, 11:52
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/akaneiyo/0supahcute.png

How could anyone want to get rid of that cute little bugger?! I found her this morning when I was out the back of my workplace, she was left in a box near these large rubbish containers. Poor little thing was shivering like crazy, so I stuck her in my jacket and requested a half day so I could take her home and feed/clean/play! with her. I'm working on a name right now. I just can't believe anyone would want to throw something this cute away..oh well their loss is definitely my gain. Can anyone tell what breed she is? I don't know uhh anything about cats!

Taleigha
07-09-06, 11:55
omg thats so sad! whoever caused her pain deserves to die.

i found a kitten once but it was injured and we had to take it to the vets to be put down. this one was luckier thanx to you botfu! ;)

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-06, 11:57
Omg! What a catch! She's so sweet! :D I'll bet she was dumped because her original owners never expected their cat to start a family...

What's her personality like? I guess she's pretty nervous just now.

No idea what breed she is, you'll have to wait for one of the feline experts to come online.

Thorir
07-09-06, 11:58
Aah, good thing someone like you found her. :)

I love kittens!

BtoFu
07-09-06, 12:01
Yeah she's still pretty nervous. I have her wrapped up in a little blanket to keep her warm..I hope they can take warm milk because that's what I've given her! Picked up some random cat food too. I guess I'll have to swing by the vet's with her just to make sure everything is fine and dandy. :)

Kamrusepas
07-09-06, 12:01
Ohh, that's so cute :D

Angelx14
07-09-06, 12:02
Aww, that is so sad.:( Those ppl who do something like that, don't have a heart.
That is very nice that you did such a good job, saved it from cold, death, ect.
God will save you too.:D

And, by the way, how can you know if that is she or he? You can't see difference, if it's a boy or a girl, till it's a little kitten.:D

BtoFu
07-09-06, 12:05
And, by the way, how can you know if that is she or he? You can't see difference, if it's a boy or a girl, till it's a little kitten.:D

This is how little I know about cats haha..I assumed it was a female..well we'll see I guess! :D

Blackmoor
Aww she's so beautiful. I love that grey colour and cute stripe on her head. Thank goodness you found her. :) Any ideas on a name?

Shark_Blade
that was a very nice thing you did btofu. if it was me, i'll probably do the same

Angelx14
07-09-06, 12:13
This is how little I know about cats haha..I assumed it was a female..well we'll see I guess! :D
Yeah. You need wait a little, but by now you could give her/him nice name, which could sound very good for both genders.:D

When my cat was a kitten, we first thought it was a girl, but then after few months..LOL:D

Ampersand
07-09-06, 12:19
Good on you BtoFu. :D Such a sweet kitten, how could anyone want to get rid of it? :(

BlackFlame
07-09-06, 12:42
Good on you for picking her up...

A couple of things:

See how blue the eyes are? Chances are that she's only 5 or 6 weeks old and may not be able to eat solid food yet. Mine was the same wen we rescued him... he should have still been suckling. He didn't even get the idea of drinking from a bowl, I had to dip my finger in the milk then put it to his mouth, gradually holding my finger lower and lower until he was drinking straight from the bowl

If this is the case, you really need kitten food rather than a "random cat food", it will be nutrionally more appropriate.

If you keep her, please don't feed her dry food.... dry cat food has been proven to cause numerous health problems including diabetes later in life... cats are obligate carnivores and should not eat what is, essentially, cattle feed.

And finally.... can I suggest a name? Grey Ghost.

Apofiss
07-09-06, 12:43
Aww but that is so good you found her :) ..reminds me a bit of a russians blue breed ^^

And finally.... can I suggest a name? Grey Ghost

GeGe when calling XD

KurtisLonely
07-09-06, 12:47
awww, what a sweety :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :cln: :cln: :cln: :cln:

BlackFlame
07-09-06, 12:49
Aww but that is so good you found her :) ..reminds me a bit of a russians blue breed ^^

GeGe when calling XD

Indeed :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
07-09-06, 12:50
oh how cute! it's sad that some people just literarly throw away pets :(

is she okay?

marggo
07-09-06, 12:52
OOOO It's sooo cute :)
Hmmm a name ....Lara :D
Or maybe Jana

FourBalls
07-09-06, 12:53
Good thing you found her. She could've died :(

But at least she's in good hands now :)

interstellardave
07-09-06, 12:53
Blackflame is right... we once had a really young kitten and we used an eyedropper to feed her. It worked wonders!

Andrea Lara
07-09-06, 12:58
Awww how sweet :) I'd have done the same. We have 2 cats now, had 7 in my live till now.

Do you want to keep her? I really hope so. Maybe you buy a book about cats so you know how to handle with them. And of course you can see what gender it is right now. If I could visit you, I could tell you ;)

When you take more pics, please post them :hug: And yeah, Lara is a good name :D

Lara Croft!
07-09-06, 13:03

Oh,what a cutie!!!!!!It was a very nice thing,what u did BtoFu!!!!:)

KurtisLonely
07-09-06, 13:04
Oh,what a cutie!!!!!!It was a very nice thing,what u did BtoFu!!!!:)

it is :)
I WANT HER!!!!!!!!! (the kitten)
IT IS A SWEETY-FACY!!! :D :jmp: :cln:

Gomes
07-09-06, 13:12
Lucky kitten. The vet will probably give you the best advice on feeding and proper care. :)

Eleanna123
07-09-06, 13:12
Awww that's adorable!
And yep looks kind of like a Russian Blue to me... Prolly mixed with something else.
The best thing to feed it with if it doesn't drink out of a bowl yet, is with a syringe (without the needle!) or with an eyedropper. It might actually suck out of the syringe as if it was it's mummy's nipple :D My mum and I once raised a newborn (yes, a newborn) that was dumped, by feeding it like 3-4 times a day with a mixture of canned milk, a little bit of egg yolk and very finely crushed egg shell (calcium) using a syringe. She grew up fine and had some lovely kittens herself! By the way better not to use fresh milk, use the canned type that lasts a long time (not sure what it's called) and make sure it's lukewarm.

It was a really great thing you did, wish there were more people like you out there!

rika2
07-09-06, 13:34
she looks cuter fried with english sauce...

Eleanna123
07-09-06, 13:36
she looks cuter fried with english sauce...

:eek:

Decoop!
07-09-06, 13:52
I used to have a kitten like that called Dilly, we had to get rid of her as she used to poo everywhere! The vet told us at the time the breed (or colour) was 'British Blue'.

Edit: This was about 13 years ago now

Gabi
07-09-06, 14:22
Good job you found that little kitten :) .

You should have her (or him ;) ) checked by a vet though, as they are potentially susceptible to quite a few "ailments" at such a young age.

http://www.nur-gifs.de/images/gif/katzen/9.gif

azumi_mm
07-09-06, 15:29
She is undoubtable cute! :) I would feed her with some lukewarm fresh milk. A baby bottle should do it. Though you must go to a vet! Better to be save, than sorry.

kill bill
07-09-06, 15:31

How could anyone want to get rid of that cute little bugger?! I found her this morning when I was out the back of my workplace, she was left in a box near these large rubbish containers. Poor little thing was shivering like crazy, so I stuck her in my jacket and requested a half day so I could take her home and feed/clean/play! with her. I'm working on a name right now. I just can't believe anyone would want to throw something this cute away..oh well their loss is definitely my gain. Can anyone tell what breed she is? I don't know uhh anything about cats!
i hate kittens but that one is soo soo cute.:D

PirateRose
07-09-06, 15:58
Oh my, this kitten has beautiful eyes! Maybe you can think of a neutral name based of those gorgous eyes.

I'm a major cat lover, I have two. At one point I had 5 at once but that was because my little cat escaped and returned how pregnant. =O

Just check the bum for the testicles, little lumps, to see if it is a boy or girl. Although, when I got my black cat, we thought he was a girl, but that was because his butt is big, black, and insanely furry, so we really couldn't tell. I'm sure you can tell with this cat though.

xMyrax
07-09-06, 16:04
Cuuuuuuuuuuuuteness!!! :eek::hug: :hug: Thats so nice of you! I'd take every kitten I find on the street over here if I could =o I did take a cat in once but she had a disease and needed to be sent to Paris :( I advice taking her to the vet just to give her a check-up :) Take good care of that cutie! ^_^ Keep us updated.

Lone Raider
07-09-06, 16:59
That's a lovely kitten. I found a grey one in the bins once...

Anyway. Please do not feed it cows milk, as they get diarrhea from it. Instead, if you can afford it, go into a well sorted pet food store and buy cat milk. There might even be special kitten stuff, but s(he looks old enough to me to nibble a bit of proper food, too. Mine were fine with catfood from 6 weeks onwards. (additionally to the milk, of course.)

Greenkey2
07-09-06, 17:54
She is adorable BtoFu :D :D You are both very fortunate to have found each other :hug:

If you are serious about keeping her, you really need to do some reading on cats and their care. Yes they are low maintainance as pets go, but they don't really fall into the 'pet' catagory IMO. Here's a smashing website about cats that I found a few days ago while searching for some info: http://cats.about.com/

The absolute first thing you should do though, is get her to the vet for a checkup (with any boosters/injections she may need) and to be neutered. Kittens are wonderful, but there are far too many allowed to be born - and most of them end up abandoned just as she was :( :( :mad:

My last bit of advice may sound strange at first; but if funds and space allow it you should seriously consider getting another kitten/older cat as well. Cats are labelled as 'solitary', but trust me, they hate to be left alone all the time and if a human isn't around they appreciate the company of another cat in the house. Hell, they like another cat around anyway.....;)

She looks like a Sapphire to me - Saffy for short :hug: She's is gorgeous :D

Shark_Blade
07-09-06, 18:07
Saffy? that's a good name greenkey:D

Greenkey2
07-09-06, 18:15
We could very well be knee-deep in kittens ourselves in the next few weeks - the cat that lives down the road but comes to us for fuss is pregnant :rolleyes:.

She's only a year old bless her, but her owners haven't lifted a finger to get her neutered or anything :mad: We've asked our own vet for advice and he's told us to keep pressuring them and ring the RSPCA if they don't do anything.

So far, they've made a lot of promises but no action. It makes me very angry, because at this rate she'll be having the kittens at our house. She even has an abccess caused by a tick and they've not taken action. I think that phone will be picked up very soon...

Sofitegan
07-09-06, 18:43
Good luck with the kitten BtoFu! :tmb: i don't really think theres anything more that i can say really (greenkey pretty much covered everything) except make sure you toilet train it! Lol.

BtoFu
07-09-06, 19:25
I had the little one checked up at the vets this afternoon and she's in surprisingly good health..she's been fed plenty and the vet assumes that she wasn't left there for long. I've never been much of a cat fan to be honest, but that old idea about being responsible for the life you save well it's ringing in my ears and we're going to keep her. My better half loves her to bits already and I gotta be honest and say I can't resist when I look at that little face. :p

Thanks for the help and information guys, much appreciated. Still haven't settled on a name but we're thinking hard. :D

tombraider123
07-09-06, 19:27
Shes lovely.

I could never abandon a Cat/Kitten like that.

azumi_mm
07-09-06, 19:31
Good to hear about the vet visit and that everything is fine with her. :) Does she meowed?

Greenkey2
07-09-06, 19:33
I had the little one checked up at the vets this afternoon and she's in surprisingly good health..she's been fed plenty and the vet assumes that she wasn't left there for long. I've never been much of a cat fan to be honest, but that old idea about being responsible for the life you save well it's ringing in my ears and we're going to keep her. My better half loves her to bits already and I gotta be honest and say I can't resist when I look at that little face. :p

Thanks for the help and information guys, much appreciated. Still haven't settled on a name but we're thinking hard. :D
Awww hope you all settle in well :hug: :hug: The world would be a better place if we were all as considerate and kind as you :tmb:

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-09-06, 19:52
AWWWW! :hug:

That was so sweet of you to save that little kitten, how wonderful. :D She's so adorable too! I'm sure you will have a lot of fun watching her grow up. :jmp: Just hope that takes a while, they are so much cuter when they are that young. :p

Edit: As far as a name goes, the first thing that hit my mind was "Mocha", because it looks like a little coffee spill on her head.

Janny
07-09-06, 20:01
Lovely eyes Mr. kitty has! :eek: :eek:
The only name that comes to mind is Blue (the eyes... :D)

azumi_mm
07-09-06, 20:04
Edit: As far as a name goes, the first thing that hit my mind was "Mocha", because it looks like a little coffee spill on her head.

or stripey. ;)

Andrea Lara
07-09-06, 20:57
I'm so glad you want to keep her, BtoFu! I'm sure you'll take good care of her. :hug: Please let us now when something is new :)

Lenochka
07-09-06, 20:59
awwwww thats sweet of you :D Most guys around here would use it for target practice :eek: i find it adorable that a guy would take care of a little kitty hehe :jmp: :hug:

Gabi
07-09-06, 21:19
As a cat lover myself I am pleased to hear the good news :jmp: .

I am sure you will get rewarded for your kind caring with lots of joy (and maybe the odd mouse :D ).

Tomb Raider Master
07-09-06, 22:26
Oh, how cute. :) Make sure you give it all the neccessary care.

DragonDan
07-09-06, 23:21
I suggest "Boxey" for a name- From where it was found.

egyptiangal
08-09-06, 00:16
awe that cat is so adorable! good find! :tmb:

StarCroft:AOD
08-09-06, 00:41
That's adorable!. I love cats. :hug:

Captain Mazda
08-09-06, 01:37
She looks like a beautiful shorthair. I've got two cats and I am crazy for them. There are many homeless cats and dogs around her as well. Last summer I fed and took care of a poor stray cat (so skinny it made me furious) for about 2 months before she unfortunately disappeared. I felt terrible because I just knew she had been run over by a car. Canada pays home to many sadistic and careless drivers. She'd even learned to run straight to my kitchen whenever I opened the door for her and ran to me from almost a mile away if she heard me calling her. I like to think that I did my best in taking care of her for the time she was with me. Take care of that beautiful cat and bless your heart.