PDA

View Full Version : Slow Forums

Gabi
07-09-06, 13:49
Sorry to make a whole thread of it, but is it only for me or are the forums painfully slow atm (and for about the last 2 hours).?

Taleigha
07-09-06, 13:55
not for me...

Lara Croft!
07-09-06, 13:55
My speed is ok!

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-06, 14:18
Nope, speed's fine here. :confused:

Are any other sites loading slowly for you or is it just this one?

Gabi
07-09-06, 14:35
Hi Geck :wve:

Seems to be just this one :confused: .
But not to worry, it's nothing I can't cope with (at least for the moment :p ).

tr_mitch
07-09-06, 14:44
Yeah it is.

CuteKittenlol
07-09-06, 14:45
Its fine for me.

Alive_and_Funky
07-09-06, 15:00
Hi Geck :wve:

Seems to be just this one :confused: .
But not to worry, it's nothing I can't cope with (at least for the moment :p ).

I had the same problem last week. TRF was really slow for me but no other websites were. It's fine this week though.

frostfur452
07-09-06, 15:42
was there a lot of people on the forums at the time the forums were going slow? It's going fine now for me :)

Mad Tony
07-09-06, 16:08
Speeds great for me.
What internet browser are you using?

Autolycus
07-09-06, 16:19
Was running a bit slow but it seems to be ok for now,fingers crossed :)

Gabi
07-09-06, 19:04
I'm using IE and there were about 90something users online at the time.
It seems to be back to normal now, so I'll keep my fingers crossed (even though that slows my typing down ;) ).

tr_mitch
07-09-06, 19:05
Yeah mines normal now too Gabi.
It just took ages to load certain areas of the forums earlier, Not sure why.

Jonnipants
07-09-06, 19:05
It's fine for me...
-sniffs your internet connection-

Greenkey2
07-09-06, 19:12
The forums haven't been slow for me, but recently I've found that every five minutes or so the forums will not load up, and I have to click onto another site and wait a few monents before it lets me reconnect. Why is a mystery.....

tr_mitch
07-09-06, 19:15
The forums haven't been slow for me, but recently I've found that every five minutes or so the forums will not load up, and I have to click onto another site and wait a few monents before it lets me reconnect. Why is a mystery.....

Same, Your not alone. :)

Lord Icon
07-09-06, 19:26
Gabi - You could be experiencing minor slow downs because of your ISP and not this forum. If there are many customers of your ISP online at the same time (peak hours) the servers will be overloaded and therefore slower. Every request your computer makes (asks for a site) goes through your ISP's server and then that same server (after it gets the site you requested) sends it to you. The more people are online at the same time the more requests an ISP's server will have to handle which will make it slower.

Nothing to worry about unless that becomes a habbit.

tampi
07-09-06, 19:38
To me, it seems sometimes that they go at full speed :D

Gabi
07-09-06, 21:13
Gabi - You could be experiencing minor slow downs because of your ISP and not this forum. If there are many customers of your ISP online at the same time (peak hours) the servers will be overloaded and therefore slower. Every request your computer makes (asks for a site) goes through your ISP's server and then that same server (after it gets the site you requested) sends it to you. The more people are online at the same time the more requests an ISP's server will have to handle which will make it slower.

Nothing to worry about unless that becomes a habbit.

All other sites (= requests) worked at "normal" speed though.

That happened to me as well.

tlr online
08-09-06, 10:46
Thanks for the info folks. Please let me know if this continues.

angelika
08-09-06, 12:05
It's a bit slow for me too, but I do not worry because my server is in Netherlands and I'm in Greece.
So I think it's acceptable to have some a connection from time to time.

Angelx14
08-09-06, 12:54
I have forum sometimes slow too..
But today I haven't noticed that.

Edit:Aww man, now it's slow. Very:(